• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

Today I learned that Tracer's ult is blocked by Reinhardt's shield if thrown onto it.
Sad day.

Also I had to choose between Tracer and D.Va for my avatar. I made my choice and I stand by it.

mbpm1

Today I learned that Tracer's ult is blocked by Reinhardt's shield if thrown onto it.
Sad day.

Also I had to choose between Tracer and D.Va for my avatar. I made my choice and I stand by it.

Yeah, but you can just get past the shield and get sticky with it

Moonlight

Banned
HANZO ULTIMATE:

Pros - Extreme dmg, not bounded by walls, extreme range
Cons - Not insta-kill, enemies can leave dmg zone, extreme visibility, slow moving

Hanzo shouldn't be pushing and his ult shouldn't come from the front - this eliminates the "step left" mentality prevalent a few pages back. His radical agility, recon arrow, and ambush-like ability of his ult means a skilled Hanzo will always be in the PotG. You can unleash it from a distant, elevated vantage point and each map has points where that damn dragon will emerge from the walls 345 miles away from where Hanzo loosed his arrow, killing or disrupting any enemy position unlucky enough to be revealed through the walls.
Or you could be one of the many heroes that have a get out of jail free card for sustained damage (like Winston's leap, D.Va's boosters, Zarya's barrier, Tracer's blink...) and just leave unless you're unlucky enough to be somewhere where your mobility is totally neutered.

Grief.exe

Sad day.

At least with Zarya's shield mechanics, if something does enough damage to break the shield, the shield will absorb all the damage.

Basically if the shield has 10 health left, and the attack does 20, the shield will negate 100% of that damage, not 50%.

fuzzyset

Searching for a specific Overwatch fan art while at work is a dangerous mission. Does anyone one have a link to that Soldier 76 and Reaper as dads with all the other heroes as kids? Apparently the 'Dad 76' has taken off.

HANZO ULTIMATE:

Pros - Extreme dmg, not bounded by walls, extreme range
Cons - Not insta-kill, enemies can leave dmg zone, extreme visibility, slow moving

Hanzo shouldn't be pushing and his ult shouldn't come from the front - this eliminates the "step left" mentality prevalent a few pages back. His radical agility, recon arrow, and ambush-like ability of his ult means a skilled Hanzo will always be in the PotG. You can unleash it from a distant, elevated vantage point and each map has points where that damn dragon will emerge from the walls 345 miles away from where Hanzo loosed his arrow, killing or disrupting any enemy position unlucky enough to be revealed through the walls.
Unless you are straight up touching the wall the ult is coming from you have plenty of time to react the moment you hear the shout. "Step left" is what you do after you see it coming out.

Ferrio

Banned
Searching for a specific Overwatch fan art while at work is a dangerous mission. Does anyone one have a link to that Soldier 76 and Reaper as dads with all the other heroes as kids? Apparently the 'Dad 76' has taken off.

I'm afraid of what you found with that search criteria.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
pquFX6wl.png

YESSSS

ChrisD

So I'm a moron when it comes to computers and what is better than what. I also didn't get to try the Open Beta when it was around. And as there is no demo for this, I think here would be the best place to ask: Would these specs run the game well enough?

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750

I'm pretty much 99% sure that it would run. But trying to google each spec (aside from OS, anyways) against the minimum requirement didn't do much helping. Can't hurt to get a more informed say on things.

Is it enough to run the game at minimum requirements?

Thanks in advance.

Does dropping people in the well as road hog not count as environmental kills? Because I've pulled a lot of people to their death but the stats don't back it up.

hows the game on xbox? good population?
hows the replayability? does the game have enough content to last or does the game get boring quick? if it helps i like halo but if the game is like cod where the only thing that keeps me playing is the unlocks, then i think i will pass

Luigi87

[IMG.]http://67.media.tumblr.com/4835ef0ee7d4fcaeb4dd4aa4f057ddc7/tumblr_o83xa6gxGg1qet5hfo1_1280.png[/IMG]

Oh man, the way D.Va is in the carry vest is perfect.

Anywho, also glad to know about the "Prestige" levels. I knew they wouldn't have a cap, but I didn't know if they would have prestige style, or just keep counting to ridiculous numbers.

Sifl

I still think Zenyatta is the 1 of the best hero's just because of he's a dps/support hybrid. His heal orb might not be great, but he's good for helping pick up the slack dps wise due to discord+the fact he melts people. Also having an emergency heal+an "oh shit" ultimate in his pocket is good too, only times I feel he's bad is if there's a good Widow on the other team.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Blizzard is officially trolling me guys. I buy Zarya industrial, I get zarya industrial dupe. Last night I buy Okami Hanzo and now

well at least its not a dupe technically

fuzzyset

I still think Zenyatta is the 1 of the best hero's just because of he's a dps/support hybrid. His heal orb might not be great, but he's good for helping pick up the slack dps wise due to discord+the fact he melts people. Also having an emergency heal+an "oh shit" ultimate in his pocket is good too, only times I feel he's bad is if there's a good Widow on the other team.

Yeah, his discord orb is insane. My group sometimes runs Lucio + Zen for spot heals + AoE heals. I think the discord debuff can make up for the extra 'support' character. Extra bonus is if Torb (or Symm) is on the team so he can live against a Widowmaker snipe.

ordered the ps4 version because my friend only has a ps4 (i still play PC as main ;P)

let's see how this plays (i didn't really try out the beta to fully get a feel for it)

watch me get some legendary loot that i need for my bnet account LOL

To those who paid full price on consoles, how do you feel about it?

Loving the game but I'm ready to start teaming up with people. While we randomly win/lose like everyone else the lack of coordination is starting to get to me.

I almost always run Mercy and I've started using my pistol more and more because people are too spread out and fucking oblivious to turrets. How bad is it when I'm doing equal damage to healing in some games?

Shit like this - http://xboxrecord.us/gamer/RealAngryMonkey/clip/1fd5ed36-5150-40a8-9a78-316ab2862ea1. Why did that fucking junkrat just leave me there to finish off the Hanzo?

I most often team up with my brother and the matches are just baffling. We're in the middle of capping a zone? Everyone else leaves. Move the cart? No, lets run away. WTF.

Xeteh

Widowmaker: Une balle, un mort.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I wish I had never gotten to level 30, right after that it seemed like it's teaming me up with only amazing players. The game became much more difficult, I find myself getting more annoyed while playing it than I was pre-30.

pronk420

this was working great earlier in the week but I'm getting really bad lag this evening. I was playing the division with no trouble.

Does this use dedicated servers? I checked my wifi and it seems fine.

So I'm a moron when it comes to computers and what is better than what. I also didn't get to try the Open Beta when it was around. And as there is no demo for this, I think here would be the best place to ask: Would these specs run the game well enough?

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750

I'm pretty much 99% sure that it would run. But trying to google each spec (aside from OS, anyways) against the minimum requirement didn't do much helping. Can't hurt to get a more informed say on things.

Is it enough to run the game at minimum requirements?

Thanks in advance.
Here's Overwatch's requirements.

For GPU, if I'm reading the specs right (minimum: 460, vs. your 750) you're skating at or below minimum specs and will have a sub-par experience if you could run it (low FPS). You might be OK depending on resolution and stuff, but it seems like a gamble to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom