• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading all of these widowmaker complaints seems so foreign to me, she really can't aim worth shit on PS4 and Hanzo is the one shooting the logs that burn my hate /shrug

Ken

I've spent 320 bucks so far.

Do you have everything already?

How the fuck does 6 active teleports even work? You have 6 portals at spawn and you have to guess where each one of them goes?

The fuck is this, a Megaman boss rush stage?

That's exactly what it was. But everyone put their teleporters either right in the defense point or right next to it so it was okay. It was hilarious spawning and seeing a group of teleporters in the spawn

LiK

Reading all of these widowmaker complaints seems so foreign to me, she really can't aim worth shit on PS4 and Hanzo is the one shooting the logs that burn my hate /shrug

I dunno, I'm pretty good with her. Altho her true power is taking out Bastion and Tor's turrets.

Two kills at 100% by throwing them off the cliff on Roadhog, but no POTG because a Torb's turret killed a Pharaoh during her Ult(shutdown or w/e).

Triple kills with Junkrat's ult at the objective, but no POTG again a single kill by McCree's high noon on a DPS.

😖

i wish POTG didn't rely so much on ult. some of my highlight vids are pretty awesome too

Heng

just had a mei in my team that kept putting walls infront of our ultimates :/ lost because of that fuck
I had a match where our Mei kept putting a wall between me and my team (I was Lucio)... We came close to winning, but sadly my special wasn't enough to keep everyone alive and I don't think my heals got through the wall.

I also had a match where I had 3 gold medals for eliminations, damage done, and objective time as Hanzo... We didn't win, although it was due to the enemy running Reinhart + Bastion + Mercy and not because I was the only playing the objective.

Ken

It would be fine if it netted better average loot.

But then the average would go up and then everyone would be expecting legendaries every other box!

I think the rates are fine as is, especially given that you can get multiple epics and legendaries a pack if you're lucky.

Ken

Nah got what I wanted though.

Was it worth 300 bucks? Probably not but in the end I got the skins I wanted in less than a day so w/e for me.

I rather they just let you buy what skins/etc you wanted but hey opening loot boxes is pretty addicting.

What skins/items were you gunning for?

Kiro

Thanks. I will try that tonight. Have you switch the controlls for any other character like this?

I haven't because I dont think any other char needs it (though if you like jumping and aiming you can). People like Genji and pharah are pretty good with it.

I just think L1 is grind walls special ability.

SDCowboy

I seriously hope a new round of skins comes out relatively frequently. Plus holiday skins only attainable during the holiday.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It would be fine if it netted better average loot.
I came into the game expecting to play it for a long long time so the aquire rate of gold and item rarity hasn't bugged me. It's all cosmetic so it's just nice fun or cool fluff. I don't even expect to get skins I want from chest saving up for them with gold almost got enough to buy a legendary for mei, them gonna get one for phara

I think there should be completion skins, or Mastery skins, or whatever you want to call them. Rewarded for either performance + playtime or just playtime. The achievement sprays are cool, but I want a skin that says "back the fuck up, I know what I'm doing."

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Just played a map as all Toblerones. So much fun.

It was just people screaming MOLTEN CORE and throwing armor around all the time. Really really fun. I t was probably super frustrating for the other team though.

Kiro

I think there should be completion skins, or Mastery skins, or whatever you want to call them. Rewarded for either performance + playtime or just playtime. The achievement sprays are cool, but I want a skin that says "back the fuck up, I know what I'm doing."

50 wins as one champ or something would be cool.

maouvin

At least with Zarya's shield mechanics, if something does enough damage to break the shield, the shield will absorb all the damage.

Basically if the shield has 10 health left, and the attack does 20, the shield will negate 100% of that damage, not 50%.

Rein's shield is the same.

Halloween skins please. I wan-- no, I demand Witch Mercy.

I like you.

I seriously hope a new round of skins comes out relatively frequently. Plus holiday skins only attainable during the holiday.

If they sell/create drop conditions to a special loot box with higher (or even *gasp* guaranteed) chance to get those, sure.
If limited skins are simply thrown into the normal poll, ugh.

Ken

I really wish they carried the hero level progression system from HotS. Wonder why they didn't since it seemed like a good fit.

What skins/items were you gunning for?

Mercy's Valkyrie: Got it.

Genji's Cabron Fibre: Got it.

Pharah's Gundam: Got it.

Symmetra's Devi: Got it.

These were what I wanted basically from the start.

I had more than enough credits to buy nearly every single intro/voice/cheap recolor.

LiK

I had more than enough credits to buy nearly every single intro/voice/cheap recolor.

I might buy another pack tonight. Damn you enabler

Ken

Just curious since surely you would have gotten more than enough credits after even just 100 boxes for those items so I was wondering what the drive was to spend past that.

Sifl

If you get a gold medal with Reinhardt doing 2k damage are you trash or is your team trash? Nah it's obviously my fault.

Rad-

Pharah feels a tad too good on consoles because nobody can't aim well enough to shoot you down. The last 10 rounds with her I don't think I have died more than 3 times per round. Though I really sucked with her at first but now I'm starting to get her and dominating.

Nope, I use defaults for everyone. I may consider tweaking at some point but so far it hasn't been too bad.

Huh maybe that's my problem I might be over thinking it and putting it up too high to give the smaller movements lol

Thanks you might have set me back on track >_<

I have a theory that when people say X is OP, it's because the complainer's main is Y and X is strong against Y.

Yeah that's pretty true. I've played a lot of MOBA and fighting games over the years so I de facto analyze stuff from the view of every character's match-ups, not just who I like. That's why I think people like Lucio or McCree are OP, since they beat out many other characters.

You would be surprised. I got potg twice in a row this morning on ps4 as her.

I have a few times too
vs easy ai lol

I'm going to try toning down the aim speed, I can get away with 40+ on other characters but it might be too twitchy for her with the weird deadzone on the controller.

Orca

Played at lunch the other day and our Attack team had three Widowmakers at the start. I played Reinhardt and set up at main door with the shield to cover our entry...and nobody shot through the shield. I tried a couple times and everyone wanted to snipe from up top and die a ton to Pharah.

Eventually I changed to Tracer and boosted past the kill zone, captured the point by myself while the defence was obliterating my "team" over and over.

Randoms make me not want to play at all anymore. Every time I die and I watch someone's cam and see them sitting a foot back of the cap spot boundary, letting enemies take it while trying to get kills...I just die a little inside.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Got my third legendary skin last night, devil mercy. Pretty cool. I don't play her much though.

SDCowboy

Played at lunch the other day and our Attack team had three Widowmakers at the start. I played Reinhardt and set up at main door with the shield to cover our entry...and nobody shot through the shield. I tried a couple times and everyone wanted to snipe from up top and die a ton to Pharah.

Eventually I changed to Tracer and boosted past the kill zone, captured the point by myself while the defence was obliterating my "team" over and over.

Randoms make me not want to play at all anymore. Every time I die and I watch someone's cam and see them sitting a foot back of the cap spot boundary, letting enemies take it while trying to get kills...I just die a little inside.

I find when you just let go, and accept that some rounds, your team is just going to be awful, the loses become much less salt inducing.

I had a round this morning where the opposing team was allowed to just freely walk uninhibited to both points. I'm not sure the round even took two minutes. All I could do was laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom