• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Love it when someone only ever plays Widowmaker regardless of map or gamemode and also they are bad as Widowmaker.

I was Widow in a Payload map once and the team was so bad, I was the one pushing the payload all by myself sniping dudes and keeping them away lol

Timeaisis

Man, just lost three in a row because randos love not not pushing carts and picking flankers when we're at the finish line. This game is so frustrating sometimes. Ugh.

And I don't mean the GAME game, it's fantastic. Just people, mostly.

Blues1990

Zarya didn't look too impressed with what Sir Daniel Sexbang had accomplished in this video.

Anyway, I think I'm getting the hand with playing as D.Va. I still don't know how to survive when she's out of her bunny mech, but I'll read up on what to do until I can summon another one.

Man, just lost three in a row because randos love not not pushing carts and picking flankers when we're at the finish line. This game is so frustrating sometimes. Ugh.

And I don't mean the GAME game, it's fantastic. Just people, mostly.

A couple times last night as Lucio and mechless D.Va I found myself being the only person staying within range of the payload to move it. Just hid behind the damn thing and pushed it as far I could before the enemy found me.

Edited to add that in one of those instances I pushed the payload by myself as no mech D.Va the last section with about five seconds left and managed to get it far enough that Overtime triggered and we ended up winning. Nobody thanked me and I got nothing for it, obviously, but you know. Teamwork.

K, I finally have my first pub instance where I wanted to pull my hair out. Opposing team had two Tobelborings and a Bastion camped on the final objective. My team had a Hanzo, Widow, Mcgree, Mei, and a Mercy. We started with a Rein, which helped us clear the turrets at point A. I was Zen and fucking shit up behind his shield. For whatever reason, when we got to the hall of turrets at B, our Rein changed to one of the above and everyone just kept funneling in and dying. It was ridic. So I said fuck it, I'll go Rein. I spam, "group up on me" and no body does. Hanzo and Widow keep corner peeking when I am 10m away with my shield where they could drop the turrets so easily. WTF! I think someone else said it here, I really think a huge chunk of players don't realize that you can shoot through Rein's shield from friendly side. Needless to say, we did not win. Countering turrets is so easy if people just get behind Rein.

FtHTiny

For the first time in 24hours gametime i had a team that made calls in chat and everyone followed them. It was pretty amazing.

kagamin

Zarya didn't look too impressed with what Sir Daniel Sexbang had accomplished in this video.

Anyway, I think I'm getting the hand with playing as D.Va. I still don't know how to survive when she's out of her bunny mech, but I'll read up on what to do until I can summon another one.

Her pistol deals good damage at range, use it to take out squishier enemies, or weaken tanks, and get that ultimate.

K, I finally have my first pub instance where I wanted to pull my hair out. Opposing team had two Tobelborings and a Bastion camped on the final objective. My team had a Hanzo, Widow, Mcgree, Mei, and a Mercy. We started with a Rein, which helped us clear the turrets at point A. I was Zen and fucking shit up behind his shield. For whatever reason, when we got to the hall of turrets at B, our Rein changed to one of the above and everyone just kept funneling in and dying. It was ridic. So I said fuck it, I'll go Rein. I spam, "group up on me" and no body does. Hanzo and Widow keep corner peeking when I am 10m away with my shield where they could drop the turrets so easily. WTF! I think someone else said it here, I really think a huge chunk of players don't realize that you can shoot through Rein's shield from friendly side. Needless to say, we did not win. Countering turrets is so easy if people just get behind Rein.

They probably changed because bastion melts Rein's shield.

xezuru

tfw you want to have fun but then friends want to win and make me tryhard soldier76 :(
this mfer sacrifices my hand to win in pain.

Zoracka

Today, I was attack on a payload map. We got a Torb on our team. He said he played him very aggressively.

I don't wanna do pugs anymore.

X-Frame

I want to physically strike people that pick her in Lijiang, and half of my gametime is on Widow.

Is a Widow or Hanzo a good pick for any reason in KOTH maps? Even Bastion I feel is a poor pick.

I feel like I would almost always rather have 2 Tanks, 2 Supports, and 2 Offense ideally, though I'm sure a Mei/Junkrat or even a Torb could work too.

mbpm1

Is a Widow or Hanzo a good pick for any reason in KOTH maps? Even Bastion I feel is a poor pick.

I feel like I would almost always rather have 2 Tanks, 2 Supports, and 2 Offense ideally, though I'm sure a Mei/Junkrat or even a Torb could work too.

I almost always go Junkrat on a KOTH map.

Oh, you wanna stand in this zone, let me put some grenades in there.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Its the only logical explanation for people not getting behind the shield. I also see people constantly take one step through the shield to fire and then get back behind it.

LiK

I've learned that when people have a lot of trouble with Bastions or turrets in general, they don't have any good snipers or Junkrat on their team. They're really good counters.

I've learned that when people have a lot of trouble with Bastions or turrets in general, they don't have any good snipers or Junkrat on their team. They're really good counters.

Junkrat can be a great counter to many things especially if you find your team is stuck in a spot and not gaining ground. You can really push a team back if you use him properly.

ExVicis

Is there? I try to make this happen all the time, and everything eats thru me before the people I'm shielding get the job done.
The shield at least last 4 seconds. That's more than enough time for one character to kill hum. Heck I have done it by myself as Lucio behind a shield.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just got another legendary and it's........................................................................coins.

Blues1990

Her pistol deals good damage at range, use it to take out squishier enemies, or weaken tanks, and get that ultimate.

I know, but there are times when I feel incredibly vulnerable when I'm out of the bunny mech. More often than not, I would get flanked and get torn apart from... Well, just about anyone. But I'll keep in mind that her pistol has decent range and firepower, so I'm not completely hopeless.

Is there? I try to make this happen all the time, and everything eats thru me before the people I'm shielding get the job done.

We were so far away from the turrets and bastion that the bullets were diffuse or there is a damage drop off. I sat there long enough as Rein to go.. huh...no one is here... let me wait a moment...nope.. Ok...I guess I will wait till the last moment and drop my shield and step aside and try again. Hanzo and Widow don't even need a Rein to be anti turret machines. I just don't think they knew what they were doing.

I have also seen lots of people do that pop in front of Rein shield to shoot, which makes me continue to believe most people don't know you can shoot from behind it.

But I heard snipers are the worst. They just, like, stand around and don't push the payload!!!!!

pquFX6wl.png

YESSSS

I got the brown hair version in a box, but this one is so much better. So jealous...

LiK

If you see guys running back forth through your Reinhardt shield, they're clueless you can shoot through it.

psyfi

Banned
The shield at least last 4 seconds. That's more than enough time for one character to kill hum. Heck I have done it by myself as Lucio behind a shield.
Yeah, I've done with same with Lucio. It's totally doable if the Bastion is in clear sight.

kagamin

When I'm D.Va with a Reinhardt on the payload I always provide fusion cannon fire, then as needed I let him take a break and boost into enemy team with defense matrix.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Don't complain, I'd much rather get a guaranteed 500 coins to spend towards the legendaries I like rather than risk getting one of the dozens of terrible looking ones.

True but the loot box before was that god awful Punk Tracer skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom