• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

psyfi

Banned
True but the loot box before was that god awful Punk Tracer skin.
That skin really is awful. I'm generally into punk anesthetics, but it looks so corny and cliche. Like a suburban fourteen year old that's trying very very hard to look punk.

edit : lol, just noticed my typo

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That skin really is awful. I'm generally into punk anesthetics, but it looks so corny and cliche. Like a suburban fourteen year old that's trying very very hard to look punk.

Yeah it's so bad.

Manoko

Overwatch art's team must not be familiar with punk culture and aesthetics to be honest.
Zarya's punk/goth skin is just as bad.

eek5

K, I finally have my first pub instance where I wanted to pull my hair out. Opposing team had two Tobelborings and a Bastion camped on the final objective. My team had a Hanzo, Widow, Mcgree, Mei, and a Mercy. We started with a Rein, which helped us clear the turrets at point A. I was Zen and fucking shit up behind his shield. For whatever reason, when we got to the hall of turrets at B, our Rein changed to one of the above and everyone just kept funneling in and dying. It was ridic. So I said fuck it, I'll go Rein. I spam, "group up on me" and no body does. Hanzo and Widow keep corner peeking when I am 10m away with my shield where they could drop the turrets so easily. WTF! I think someone else said it here, I really think a huge chunk of players don't realize that you can shoot through Rein's shield from friendly side. Needless to say, we did not win. Countering turrets is so easy if people just get behind Rein.

He probably switched when he was pushing in and no one was grouping up on him :lol

Demoskinos

This entire game is corny and cliche. All of the characters are walking cliches.

He probably switched when he was pushing in and no one was grouping up on him :lol

Lol, probably true. When I'm Zen and we have a good Rein on our team, I wish I could spray this gif everywhere during the match,
SCU4JSC.gif

catspit

How do you "request to join" a friends game on the PS4. I don't see the option in the social menu but i guess there is a way within the game?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Honestly if a game is going bad and looks like it's unwinnable I use that time to practice other characters. Tbh people that only use one character don't help Anyone in the long run and it's good to have at least 5 or 6 characters you have a good grasp on for different situations if you plan on taking the game even 10% seriously

I learned that Tracer is not a good counter vs the AI turrets, stupid things flip backwards and wreck you faster then you know what's happening o_O

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I learned that Tracer is not a good counter vs the AI turrets, stupid things flip backwards and wreck you faster then you know what's happening o_O

Yeah, turret track/fire time is pretty crazy.

SolidPain

Neo Member
I have been out of the loop when it comes to Overwatch. So how is the PC community relative to PS4's? I prefer playing it on my PC but I also value a good community.

Thanks!

Sifl

Aside from those catastrophic pub games, I feel like most of the time when a game goes downhill it has to do with not waiting for your teammates. You just get caught in an infinite loop of maybe 2-3 people dying, the other 3-4 people rushing in late, the first group of people that died respawn and run back as the 2nd group gets wiped out. People don't realize that you need a complete reset at that point.

jadedm17

Just faced a team of six Torbjorns on defence...
How exactly do you counter that?
They had turrets everywhere and piles of shields.

That's gotta be the least fun match of Overwatch I've played.
Reinhardt - Bastion x2 - Torbjorn x2 - Zenyatta is a close second.

Yeah, turret track/fire time is pretty crazy.

This. So much this.

She can out run the tracking with teleports. You can dash in, throw a sticky down and rewind with no issue.

A counter to a turret they can place right back up with 1/3rd one ability followed by your ultimate followed by your other ability isn't something I'd rely on; Now you're drained with no ultimate and didnt even kill anyone.

idonteven

you can't counter it

psyfi

Banned
Aside from those catastrophic pub games, I feel like most of the time when a game goes downhill it has to do with not waiting for your teammates. You just get caught in an infinite loop of maybe 2-3 people dying, the other 3-4 people rushing in late, the first group of people that died respawn and run back as the 2nd group gets wiped out. People don't realize that you need a complete reset at that point.
Yup, I see this all the time. I'd hope people would figure this out within their first few hours of playing, but nope.

Any tips on using genji?

My post from the first OT:

Harrassing the enemies backline is what i mainly use him for, get in and get out kind of thing. Chip down target from medium range and try finishing them off with the dash.

Remember the dash resets after every elimination so you can dash, eliminate someone then immediately dash again. You dont have to get the final hit as long as the "eliminated" text comes up then you can dash.

Genjis double jump and dash both seriously disorients most players ive come across. Mostly Tanks like Dva, Roadhog and Reinhardt.
Especially Reinhardt. In a fairly open space you can shred him just by running and jumping above and around him smartly. He'll just start swinging wildly.

Staying on high ground is a good idea and never forget about your reflect, its saved me a bunch of times.

Edit: his L2 fan shuriken attack is real good for fast moving characters like Tracer and lucio

Peff

If you coordinate with decent D.vas you can easily take one each. The problem is, apart from getting people to do that of course, if you guys wait too long chances are they'll be able to enter an ult cycle which will make it almost impossible.

Yeah, this happens a lot in KotH, and it's annoying, but somewhat understandable because of the fast countdown. Maybe they should have a 4 TEAM MATES DEAD warning upon respawn.

Xeteh

Nothing like losing as Lucio when you spend 77% of the match on fire after a long 3 round Lijiang Garden map. I can only drop so many beats.

vixlar

Mercy's Valkyrie: Got it.

Genji's Cabron Fibre: Got it.

Pharah's Gundam: Got it.

Symmetra's Devi: Got it.

These were what I wanted basically from the start.

I had more than enough credits to buy nearly every single intro/voice/cheap recolor.

I really want "Fibra Cabrona" (Spanish for "Badass Fibre")

cr0w

Old Member
Just picked the game up on PS4, will probably be looking for good peeps to group up with. If anyone would like to add me, my PSN ID is krayven1980. Thanks in advance if anyone sends me a FR. :)

antitrop

Got to Level 50. It has got to the point where solo queue is negative amounts of fun. Think it's time to take a break with this and move onto something else when I don't have friends on.

jadedm17

If you coordinate with decent D.vas you can easily take one each. The problem is, apart from getting people to do that of course, if you guys wait too long chances are they'll be able to enter an ult cycle which will make it almost impossible.

Indeed, six torbjorns is an insane defence since they can stroll around buffing each other and putting up a turret the moment one is destroyed, meanwhile you need to coordinate every moment to maximize how much ground you take. That match is really souring my experience with this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C35AP823Ghs

Turrets can be replaced right away, a few kills me everyone is buffed by shields, and the turret's ability to turn so fast and hit so quick makes even trying to snipe it not the best idea.

This entire game is corny and cliche. All of the characters are walking cliches.
Yeah, but what he described was a lame cliche. I don't know why anyone would want to play as a teenage suburbanite punk kid. Even the teenage suburbanite punk kids hate who they used to be by the time they're like 21.
I have been out of the loop when it comes to Overwatch. So how is the PC community relative to PS4's? I prefer playing it on my PC but I also value a good community.

Thanks!
Everyone has been really nice in chat and it's never hard to get a game, but there are still quite a few people that don't understand that it's objective based and don't play accordingly.

I haven't bought any loot boxes. Just from playing:
s76: night ops + daredevil
symmetra: goddess
tobjorn: biker
lucio: ribbit frog face
pharah: mecha
mercy: valkyrie

Not including epics which there are a couple great looking ones, and rares.

Very easy to unlock stuff in this game.

pigeon

Banned

D.Va, Zarya, Junkrat.

I played against a team of six Torbs a few days back. We rolled them hard. I wasn't even playing a real counter! I was just playing Pharah. Just gotta work on your turret killing mechanics, peek and poke, grab the health pack.

R0ckman

Has anybody who played Winston found out what the hell is happening when you almost wipe the enemy team but like 1 or 2 toons by jumping in leading the charge with your group behind you but for some reason everyone has wiped before you? WTF!? How?!

Had a match where it kept happening.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Has anybody who played Winston found out what the hell is happening when you almost wipe the enemy team but like 1 or 2 toons by jumping in leading the charge with your group behind you but for some reason everyone has wiped before you? WTF!? How?!

Welcome to PUG gaming. Where they can die even without doing anything.

ncslamm

So a guy I friended in-game was telling me that he's playing on a store-bought HP laptop and only gets 20fps on low. On top of that he's on some terrible Canadian internet (can't remember what he said it was) and his ping goes from 60ms to 1500ms periodically. Like, how can someone stand to play like that?

Mossybrew

Indeed, six torbjorns is an insane defence since they can stroll around buffing each other and putting up a turret the moment one is destroyed, meanwhile you need to coordinate every moment to maximize how much ground you take. That match is really souring my experience with this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C35AP823Ghs

Turrets can be replaced right away, a few kills me everyone is buffed by shields, and the turret's ability to turn so fast and hit so quick makes even trying to snipe it not the best idea.

Doesn't even need to be a full team of Tornbjorns on defense, say 3 or 4 and there's no way a pub game is going to coordinate an attack well enough to overcome that. I still maintain his turret is the most OP and un-fun thing in the game by a wide margin.

Raven117

Oh the joys of playing Winston. Ive done the same thing...gone "Ape" cleared an objective for a push.....and I'm the only one there....

Fellas?! WHAT HAPPENED!

aeolist

Banned
i finally got back up to 50% win rate

mainly because i kept joining control point matches and my tracer can carry those like mad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom