• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

So a guy I friended in-game was telling me that he's playing on a store-bought HP laptop and only gets 20fps on low. On top of that he's on some terrible Canadian internet (can't remember what he said it was) and his ping goes from 60ms to 1500ms periodically. Like, how can someone stand to play like that?

I've dealt with worse.

JCH!

Holy shit I played a couple of pubs while waiting for my regular premade to log in and I lost all the will to live.

Level 52. legendary skins from drops so far.

Junkrat Jester
Symmetra Godess
Mercy Devil

Have made around 1.7k in credits and received about 4 purple skins.

Peff

Does anybody know if people get to keep Symmetra's shields if you switch to someone else? I did that while waiting in Attack to start then switched to the actual character I was going to use, but you can't see the HP bars with other characters.

sixghost

Just faced a team of six Torbjorns on defence...
How exactly do you counter that?
They had turrets everywhere and piles of shields.

That's gotta be the least fun match of Overwatch I've played.
Reinhardt - Bastion x2 - Torbjorn x2 - Zenyatta is a close second.

This. So much this.

A counter to a turret they can place right back up with 1/3rd one ability followed by your ultimate followed by your other ability isn't something I'd rely on; Now you're drained with no ultimate and didnt even kill anyone.
Torbjorn can't really out heal any sustained damage. Widowmaker kills turrets in like 3 seconds with zero risk, and Torjborn can't do shit about it.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Just hit level 21, and got my first legendary skin, and of course it's for a character I absolutely hate playing as. Reaper, plague doctor.

Salarians

When the enemy's pushing the payload that last few feet and you see the only people on your team that aren't dead aren't even anywhere near it. :/

aeolist

Banned
oh and i played some mccree earlier and felt kinda dirty but the enemy team was running double mccree so i can't beat myself up too much

he's so fucking broken

Iadien

oh and i played some mccree earlier and felt kinda dirty but the enemy team was running double mccree so i can't beat myself up too much

he's so fucking broken

I just played against a team that was all mccree on a payload map, they didn't get very far. lol

kagamin

he's so fucking broken
I felt so bad playing him on attack at Volskaya, I didn't die once and I got off deadeye behind our Rein's barrier then proceeded to flank the enemy Mcree and nearly dead Bastion.

-MD-

I learned that Tracer is not a good counter vs the AI turrets, stupid things flip backwards and wreck you faster then you know what's happening o_O

She's actually great for taking out Torb's turret, you'll take some hits but you can burn one down faster than you'll die.

Her ult makes it even easier.

Mupod

the only time mass torbjorn was ever a problem for me on Zarya was when they had a Reinhardt and a healer too. But that would have been extremely easy if any of my teammates weren't idiots. Zarya/Junkrat would dismantle that whole setup extremely fast, but it's amazing how few people seem to know that Reinhardt's shield can be broken.

Iadien

Also, wtf is up with the matchmaking, I was level 20 getting matched with people no lower than level 70 and someone was even over level 100.

besada

Banned
You know what's super shitty? Teams that don't award their own players at the end. That just don't bother to award anyone.

aeolist

Banned
What do you do against a team of 6 76's??!

probably tank up since he can't do much burst. double winston to jump them and do a shitload of aoe damage, rein to tank, widow to clean up behind the shields. that's more damage than their biotic fields (which don't stack) can heal, they have no shield, and you still have two more slots for mccree or whatever.

Mossybrew

Torbjorn can't really out heal any sustained damage. Widowmaker kills turrets in like 3 seconds with zero risk, and Torjborn can't do shit about it.

Doesn't solve the problem of facing multiple Torns. Assuming you can find a good position with LOS to a turret, great, take it out. Now what about the remaining turrets? Ok, try to position yourself to take out another one, meanwhile before you even get into that position the first turret you killed is rebuilt already.

pigeon

Banned
Doesn't solve the problem of facing multiple Torns. Assuming you can find a good position with LOS to a turret, great, take it out. Now what about the remaining turrets? Ok, try to position yourself to take out another one, meanwhile before you even get into that position the first turret you killed is rebuilt already.

Torbjorn's whole weakness is that once you kill the turret he needs to back up before he can place another turret. If he walks up and puts a turret in the same spot the old one was, you should kill him and the new turret immediately. That should be fine, right, you were able to kill the old one. Keep blowing turrets up and you will force them back.

probably tank up since he can't do much burst. double winston to jump them and do a shitload of aoe damage, rein to tank, widow to clean up behind the shields. that's more damage than their biotic fields (which don't stack) can heal, they have no shield, and you still have another slot for mccree or whatever.

Even 2+ reinhardts. Especially if they stack all in 1 spot, it's lights out from fireball spam let alone weapon swings. But yeah, 6 winstons dominates 6 soldiers. If they spread out it barely helps them. Just jump on one, kill, jump to next, kill, all while dropping a shield or two. Soldier aoe heals for 40 per second, winston does 56 per second. So 2-3 winstons kill a soldier in roughly 1 seconds, due to the damage from landing on top of him.

abundant

The best way to handle a Torbjorn turret nest is to coordinate D.Va's ult to get rid of the turrets with a mass rush from your team to take out any Torbjorn's that lived through the ult.

aeolist

Banned
Even 2+ reinhardts. Especially if they stack all in 1 spot, it's lights out from fireball spam let alone weapon swings. But yeah, 6 winstons dominates 6 soldiers. If they spread out it barely helps them. Just jump on one, kill, jump to next, kill, all while dropping a shield or two. Soldier aoe heals for 40 per second, winston does 56 per second. So 2-3 winstons kill a soldier in roughly 1 seconds, due to the damage from landing on top of him.

the problem is coordination as always. pubs mostly don't use a single winston well, much less 2-3. getting enough people to pick it and jump at the same time would be tough, but my god the damage.

Mupod

Well if you can't beat a full team as a single person then that's normal. The problem is your own team refusing to swap off Reaper or Genji for 5 god damn seconds, and you won't win. I can't imagine a Torbjorn squad lasting any amount of time against even just 2-3 of his counter character, of which there are several.

Zarya is the one I have the most luck with when my team is full of morons because she can generally kill 2-3 without dying herself and still make it to cover. Junkrat with support would do it even faster. Widow and Pharah kill any that have a long sight line to them for free unless they are afk or being countered by another sniper.

nOoblet16

So a guy I friended in-game was telling me that he's playing on a store-bought HP laptop and only gets 20fps on low. On top of that he's on some terrible Canadian internet (can't remember what he said it was) and his ping goes from 60ms to 1500ms periodically. Like, how can someone stand to play like that?

It's more likely the ping is 60.
The game has lag spikes causing it to appear as if the ping goes up to 500-600 or 1000.

Travo

I'm having a little trouble getting into this game. It all seems too chaotic, just run and gun. It's obviously more than that, but after coming from Uncharted, it's too hectic. I'm determined to give this game a chance, maybe a month before I decide if it's for me.

Jblanks

You know it's a loss when you get the most eliminations as Lucio on defence. I wish the Tracer and Genji on defence knew how to switch.

I really hate that. I am level 27 or so now and I would think people know how to play now, but they dont. I am a Reinhard and hold up my shield so someone behind me can destroy a Bastion or a turret without getting killed.

But my teammates just dont do it. They run in front of me and are getting killed. Like you have a perfect defense, you can kill people without getting hit and then dont get that you can shoot through the shield or what?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
2VZ3ojG.jpg

these pub games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom