• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a guy I friended in-game was telling me that he's playing on a store-bought HP laptop and only gets 20fps on low. On top of that he's on some terrible Canadian internet (can't remember what he said it was) and his ping goes from 60ms to 1500ms periodically. Like, how can someone stand to play like that?
#ForTheLoveOfTheGame

Drewfonse

6 of anything is idiotic anyway

I almost, almost, gave in and chose Reaper on Attack on Dorado. I entered the game right before it started and all 5 of my teammates were Reaper. I went with Lucio, healed the shit out of the place, and received 8 player of the game votes with 2 minutes on the objective.

Feels good.

Sifl

I really hate that. I am level 27 or so now and I would think people know how to play now, but they dont. I am a Reinhard and hold up my shield so someone behind me can destroy a Bastion or a turret without getting killed.

But my teammates just dont do it. They run in front of me and are getting killed. Like you have a perfect defense, you can kill people without getting hit and then dont get that you can shoot through the shield or what?
You're just gonna run into frustrating people, especially when you play thankless class like tank or support. Reinhardt is almost useless if no one is using the fact you're playing Reinhardt to their advantage/no one is focusing on the objective. When that happens I just switch to w/e and take the loss.

Just had a 46 elimination run in ilios as widowmaker. Feels good to actually be able to lock things down.

Pretty much now a 4 hero player atm. Reaper, Widowmaker, Pharah, Torbjorn. Some bastion, tracer and roadhogg thrown in there once in awhile.

Dr. Buni

Just had a 46 elimination run in ilios as widowmaker. Feels good to actually be able to lock things down.

Pretty much now a 4 hero player atm. Reaper, Widowmaker, Pharah, Torbjorn. Some bastion, tracer and roadhogg thrown in there once in awhile.
But you need to play all the 21 heroes, according to some people here :v

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
D.Va, Zarya, Junkrat.

I played against a team of six Torbs a few days back. We rolled them hard. I wasn't even playing a real counter! I was just playing Pharah. Just gotta work on your turret killing mechanics, peek and poke, grab the health pack.

Torbjorn's whole weakness is that once you kill the turret he needs to back up before he can place another turret. If he walks up and puts a turret in the same spot the old one was, you should kill him and the new turret immediately. That should be fine, right, you were able to kill the old one. Keep blowing turrets up and you will force them back.

This assumes you have a team that has ANY interest whatsoever of actually winning, and not just playing their "like kawaii waifu" character or whatever the meme is.

You know it's a loss when you get the most eliminations as Lucio on defence. I wish the Tracer and Genji on defence knew how to switch.

I once got a 10 killstreak with Mercy, needless to say, we lost terribly. Team did not understand that we had to sit on the control point to take it over, not just empty the room out.

You're just gonna run into frustrating people, especially when you play thankless class like tank or support. Reinhardt is almost useless if no one is using the fact you're playing Reinhardt to their advantage/no one is focusing on the objective. When that happens I just switch to w/e and take the loss.

I just think at the level I am on right now you played for at least 10 hours, so you should know how to play.
I mean its not DOTA, where you need to know which items to buy or which hero counters hero ABC, but just stay behind a Reinhard and kill turrets/Bastion and other heroes.

Its so frustrating. And in the end on the earlier map I had 2 kills as Reinhard and a gold medal...

sixghost

Doesn't solve the problem of facing multiple Torns. Assuming you can find a good position with LOS to a turret, great, take it out. Now what about the remaining turrets? Ok, try to position yourself to take out another one, meanwhile before you even get into that position the first turret you killed is rebuilt already.

Are you playing 1v6?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just had a game where we couldnt deal with a torn/bastion/rein next in a corner in the second point in hanamura. that room is too large man. no amount of sniping or junkrat saved us. oh well

we were a full EU pre too not pugs. just couldnt find a way to break it

Demoskinos

Yeah, but what he described was a lame cliche. I don't know why anyone would want to play as a teenage suburbanite punk kid. Even the teenage suburbanite punk kids hate who they used to be by the time they're like 21.

Because as it turns out everyone has different aesthetic tastes. I think its fun. Its further down on my list to buy as I wanna get B.VA first but I like it more than the Racing Helmet costume.

Kyoufu

3 Widowmakers on my team in a King of the Hill round last night had me about to throw my controller across the room.

We didn't even touch the objective.

Yeah but at least you had them wall hacks because you know, the enemies were totally not sitting on the capture point!

Zemm

Seriously, is there no way to remove the Match chat entirely? Like why can't I do that? Do I really need to read "EZ" after every single match?

Muzicfreq

Banned
I have a few times too
vs easy ai lol

I'm going to try toning down the aim speed, I can get away with 40+ on other characters but it might be too twitchy for her with the weird deadzone on the controller.

I usually move her to be in line with people also keeps others from shooting me

Poetaster

Banned
Lucio is incredible on consoles when you switch the button mapping of his boost swap with jump. Jumping around like an idiot, juking like a madman, and zipping around on walls are rough to deal with for analogue stick users. His mobility is fantastic.

just had a game where we couldnt deal with a torn/bastion/rein next in a corner in the second point in hanamura. that room is too large man. no amount of sniping or junkrat saved us. oh well

We had been playing for hours though, so it's no surprise the last match went abit zzz.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
We had been playing for hours though, so it's no surprise the last match went abit zzz.

I just realised we could have gone stupid like 4 winstons 2 healers or 5 winstons and all jumped on them with barriers and aoe guns, even if some of us died i bet it would overwhelm the nest

FUCK

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I just think at the level I am on right now you played for at least 10 hours, so you should know how to play.
I mean its not DOTA, where you need to know which items to buy or which hero counters hero ABC, but just stay behind a Reinhard and kill turrets/Bastion and other heroes.

Its so frustrating. And in the end on the earlier map I had 2 kills as Reinhard and a gold medal...

This is pretty much the experience now. There are players who absolutely REFUSE to change up what ISN'T working. I'll see offense stand back at choke points when I, Reinhardt, shield up, am advancing on the enemy. At no point do they go "Oh shit, he's got us through the choke!" It's "Sweet they're firing at him now, let me continue to try and snipe from across the map!" I will go 5K-20D advancing on the control point, causing havoc or creating a hell of a distraction and I will die and STILL see the idiots trying to snipe across the map with Soldier or Genji. At least the Reapers try to use their shit to get in range.

My other pet peeve is Mercy's who DO NOT switch to DPS stream. If I am at full health and NOT taking damage, give me a damage boost!

My hope is that ranked play will solve a lot of this nonsense, but I doubt it.

Muzicfreq

Banned

They need a sym and mercy and a Lucio to become truly unstoppable

This is pretty much the experience now. There are players who absolutely REFUSE to change up what ISN'T working. I'll see offense stand back at choke points when I, Reinhardt, shield up, am advancing on the enemy. At no point do they go "Oh shit, he's got us through the choke!" It's "Sweet they're firing at him now, let me continue to try and snipe from across the map!" I will go 5K-20D advancing on the control point, causing havoc or creating a hell of a distraction and I will die and STILL see the idiots trying to snipe across the map with Soldier or Genji. At least the Reapers try to use their shit to get in range.

My other pet peeve is Mercy's who DO NOT switch to DPS stream. If I am at full health and NOT taking damage, give me a damage boost!

My hope is that ranked play will solve a lot of this nonsense, but I doubt it.

Exactly my experience. But like I said, I could understand if its low level people playing like that, but not after playing the game for 10 hours.

Same with attack maps and having 2-3 snipers...

Muzicfreq

Banned
Exactly my experience. But like I said, I could understand if its low level people playing like that, but not after playing the game for 10 hours.

I tend to choose widowmaker no matter what now. The more I play her the better I get. I can play her on attack maps now and still kick ass.

peakish

Got an actual POTG with Zenyatta for shutting down a Pharah ult with discorb plus that surprisingly good attack of his.

Also killed a Zarya in 1-on-1 close combat with a ZENYATTA KICK :p Peace and tranquility this!

I tend to choose widowmaker no matter what now. The more I play her the better I get. I can play her on attack maps now and still kick ass.

Its not a problem having 1 widowmaker on an attack map, but if we have 2-3 snipers, usually 2 widowmaker and 1 Hanzo, me as Reinhard and 2 other ones, we usually lose.

Poetaster

Banned

I think they really need to add death match modes to weed out these lousy players. I'm finding this sort of play more and more common and it's really frustrating.

Sifl

Its not a problem having 1 widowmaker on an attack map, but if we have 2-3 snipers, usually 2 widowmaker and 1 Hanzo, me as Reinhardt and 2 other ones, we usually lose.
Yea, if someone is really good with Widowmaker/Hanzo it's invaluable tbh. At the same time, it's not a coincidence that whenever you're on attack on a map like Gibralter and you have 2+ Widow's and you can't even push your way out of spawn.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Its not a problem having 1 widowmaker on an attack map, but if we have 2-3 snipers, usually 2 widowmaker and 1 Hanzo, me as Reinhard and 2 other ones, we usually lose.
Yeah that's pretty bad.
I sometimes if I am in the mood to really win and no one has adjusted on a losing game I will usually pick soldier 76 to cheese the win...
I'm sorry, he's a cheese character, self heal, no recoil and tight bullet spread, rockets, auto aim ulti... Super cheese

Zarya is officially my new favorite hero, once you get her energy real high, then suck everyone in with your ult, you just melt everyone, so much fun.

Rhaknar

I had a couple of ok games with Reaper, I need to learn to be sneaky, im not a sneaky person tho :(

Zarya is officially my new favorite hero, once you get her energy real high, then suck everyone in with your ult, you just melt everyone, so much fun.

Zarya is tight, I love fighting 1v1 against Roadhog with her, the fight is close... until she gets 80-90% charge on her gun, then Roadhogs life just melts away, even mercy can't help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom