• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Playing Winston is really fun.

xp6tmjQ.png

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Exactly my experience. But like I said, I could understand if its low level people playing like that, but not after playing the game for 10 hours.

Same with attack maps and having 2-3 snipers...

Oh no. This is post 30 tier of players. I had more fun last week pre-20.

Fuck Junkrat in every way forever

Especially when they steal PotG with zero effort whatsoever.

considering it doesn't matter in the slightest, who caress?

Just enforces the lack of teamwork at play currently, which is a bad thing.

R0ckman

Hate it when Im playing support and the attackers wont switch out to deal with turrets. By the time I switched to Pharah to take it out myself it was too late.

Gattsu25

Banned
Ran into an annoying issue on the PC version where my HUD just completely disappears. This means that when I bring up the Hero Select screen I can't actually select any of the HUD elements and, as a result, am trapped in that one screen.

Anyone else ran into it?

I took a video of this instance - the glitch triggers exactly when I get hit by the venom mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-5xsrinfvk

I ended up having to quit the game through Windows as I couldn't bring up the menu, either.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Oh no. This is post 30 tier of players. I had more fun last week pre-20.

Especially when they steal PotG with zero effort whatsoever.

Just enforces the lack of teamwork at play currently, which is a bad thing.

There is a sound cue for his tire... and you can shoot it/start moving back based on where the sound of the tire is coming from. Sure if you're out of CDs at the time and using a class with no medium-range gun, you're SOL, but pretty much every class can destroy the tire or zip out of the way so someone else can handle it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hate it when Im playing support and the attackers wont switch out to deal with turrets. By the time I switched to Pharah to take it out myself it was too late.

im more and more convinced that sometimes you dont need a healer. and sometimes you dont need a tank. Just like we counter pick dps classes, there are ocasions where you need to stop worrying so much about the "trinity"

like ill have games where I literally feel useless as a healer. People are spread out, or some asshole genji or something is always on my ass insta killing me, I might aswell go dps and help put some pressure since im not actually healing much anyway. same for tanks

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yo, I can get on board with this.
someone photoshop widow's face here and there, it's done

latest

dunno who that is but I love that design. But OverwatchGaf would hate it, its too gothy for them :3

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
There is a sound cue for his tire... and you can shoot it/start moving back based on where the sound of the tire is coming from. Sure if you're out of CDs at the time and using a class with no medium-range gun, you're SOL, but pretty much every class can destroy the tire or zip out of the way so someone else can handle it.

I can hear the tire no matter where I am (it may have a sound falloff but it doesn't feel like it). It's on a 10 second timer and stopping to 360-no-scope around to see where it's coming from is already ridiculous. That it usually autoqualifies for PotG makes it worse. I also do not like how it can go through Reinhardts shield (or seems to be able to) and that it isn't affected by Lucio's knockback.

Mei being able to snipe with her spike. I am done with this game.

Right?

rdytoroll

just had a game where we couldnt deal with a torn/bastion/rein next in a corner in the second point in hanamura. that room is too large man. no amount of sniping or junkrat saved us. oh well

we were a full EU pre too not pugs. just couldnt find a way to break it

This goddamn map on attack... We could have done it though, but you have to be really focused to pull off a win against this combo

If there are map statistics this is probably the one map I've lost the most on

I have a review assignment that's going to take me the next 4 days to finish, and then 3 days after that I need to sell my video card so I can afford an upgrade, so I'll likely be without Overwatch for nearly a whole month.

Life is misery.

Dr. Buni

I used to think point B on Anubis was the hardest point to claim, but point B on Hanamura easily takes the cake. So frustrating most of the time.

pelicansurf

I can hear the tire no matter where I am (it may have a sound falloff but it doesn't feel like it). It's on a 10 second timer and stopping to 360-no-scope around to see where it's coming from is already ridiculous. That it usually autoqualifies for PotG makes it worse. I also do not like how it can go through Reinhardts shield (or seems to be able to) and that it isn't affected by Lucio's knockback.

Right?
I wear headphones when I play, so I can turn to hear where it's coming from the loudest, and especially with Reinhardt, "E" that tire. Wait til it's heading straight for you and just E it out of existence. I sniped 4 tires in 1 game with Reinhardt
until the guy got smart and stalled his tire against the wall until I used my E to preempt the tire. I died.

Zaventem

I appreciate the people who play mercy but some seem to have tunnel vision when it comes to healing. The tank has his shield up and it's soaking up damage, no reason to keep your heal on reinhardt, spread the love!

Rhaknar

This goddamn map on attack... We could have done it though, but you have to be really focused to pull off a win against this combo

I just realised also that I was playing D.Va... far fom my best character, let alone tank >_>

I think the game just looked "easy" and then halfway we ran into that nest and couldnt deal with it and didnt adapt

rdytoroll

I'm starting to get the hang of Zarya. Such a great tank with the one of the best ults in game, but she's highly dependent on having good follow up. I like her best on KOTH maps, so good

DedValve

Banned
Like, I don't care for her at all but I would main Widowmaker in a second if they ever give her an Ada Wong/Nikita inspired outfit. Just a red dress with a slit. Especially with that grappling hook.

Sifl

The only thing that's impressive about Junkrat's tires are when someone actually climbs a wall with them. I'm genuinely surprised when it happens, because people rarely utilize it.

pelicansurf

The key to taking this map is literally to aggro it immediately after taking point A. If you give them time to setup defenses, it's doable, but it's going to be a pain in the ass.

rdytoroll

I just realised also that I was playing D.Va... far fom my best character, let alone tank >_>

I think the game just looked "easy" and then halfway we ran into that nest and couldnt deal with it and didnt adapt

Yeah. A Winston that causes chaos behind their lines would have probably gotten us the win. That last room is really hard to penetrate though, not a fan of the design

The key to taking this map is literally to aggro it immediately after taking point A. If you give them time to setup defenses, it's doable, but it's going to be a pain in the ass.

Yeah, you're right. This is how you easily lose on defense on this map. Once there's momentum on the attackers side and they can all go to point B without losing that energy, its over

Yeah, it's stupid how open objective B is on that map. It's just as hard to get a Tjorben off as well.

Rhaknar

just realised that since there are no hero limit in the game, everytime a new one comes out, for a few days every match will be 6 of the new hero vs 6 of the new hero isnt it? ;_;

Zaventem

Yeah. A Winston that causes chaos behind their lines would have probably gotten us the win. That last room is really hard to penetrate though, not a fan of the design

I feel like point B Anubis and Hanamura are "ultimate" (to a lesser extent volskaya industries) rooms where it's the only way your making a push if they set up a turret nest.

1upsuper

Decided to drop $20 on 24 loot boxes because I'm an idiot. Here's the notable stuff:

Epics: Highlight intros for McCree, Bastion, and Tracer. Emotes for Torb and McCree.
Legendaries: Rescue Mei (FML), Scarecrow Junkrat, 500 gold.

All in all I'm pretty satisfied. Got some stuff I'll use for sure. Just wish I hadn't gotten a second legendary outfit for Mei who I never use, but oh well.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Love doing this to widow and genji, sometimes genjis will call for help and melt me though. Most of the time he's running for his life, must be hilarious from another players POV.

I always find it funny when a Genji tries to reflect the electricity. You can tell he's either panicking or it's his first time fighting a Winston.

sixghost

im more and more convinced that sometimes you dont need a healer. and sometimes you dont need a tank. Just like we counter pick dps classes, there are ocasions where you need to stop worrying so much about the "trinity"

like ill have games where I literally feel useless as a healer. People are spread out, or some asshole genji or something is always on my ass insta killing me, I might aswell go dps and help put some pressure since im not actually healing much anyway. same for tanks

Teams without a healer tend to get ripped apart in my experience, unless the gulf in skill is enormous. Even if it's just Zenyatta, Unless you have a ton of self-healing heroes, I think you need at least one in every game.

I got enough gold for a legendary skin, but I can't decide between Junker D.Va, Junkrat Hayseed, Djinnyatta or Ra :(. Been staring at these unlock screens for 10 minutes now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom