• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

I can hear the tire no matter where I am (it may have a sound falloff but it doesn't feel like it). It's on a 10 second timer and stopping to 360-no-scope around to see where it's coming from is already ridiculous. That it usually autoqualifies for PotG makes it worse. I also do not like how it can go through Reinhardts shield (or seems to be able to) and that it isn't affected by Lucio's knockback.

Right?

It can't blast through the shield but it can drive past it.

If you hear the tire just spread out. It'll minimize the damage it does.

It has very little hp too so while it's moving in people that are further away from it can just snipe it out for you.

Zemm

What? I thought there was a way to remove exactly that? Or does it no work?

I tried and it just comes up with a "you cannot leave this channel" message.

edit: I just looked it up

Yes. During a match, press P to bring up channel settings. Click on the filled speech bubble next to "Match" to remove yourself from match chat. You can also remove yourself from team chat or voice chat in a similar fashion.

The settings will persist across matches, so you don't have to do this every time.

Can't test it right now but that should hopefully work

I got junker d.va and sunyatta. Barely touched em, waiting for thr buffs to both.
Yeah, my 3 most played character's are D.Va, Junkrat and Zenyatta. Zen especially needs a buff, even if it's only 25 HP. Getting repeatedly instakilled by a Widowmaker bodyshot is getting old :/

Grief.exe

I can hear the tire no matter where I am (it may have a sound falloff but it doesn't feel like it). It's on a 10 second timer and stopping to 360-no-scope around to see where it's coming from is already ridiculous. That it usually autoqualifies for PotG makes it worse. I also do not like how it can go through Reinhardts shield (or seems to be able to) and that it isn't affected by Lucio's knockback.

Right?

The tire ignoring Lucio's knockback seems like an oversight.

ExVicis

I tried and it just comes up with a "you cannot leave this channel" message.

edit: I just looked it up

Can't test it right now but that should hopefully work
Yeah, a YouTube video I saw today mentioned it and my mind was blown, it should work. Hopefully it doesn't remove group chat. Have not yet tried it with that

Got POTG as Toblerone. Double kill with my gun (one was a headshot), then a couple of seconds later my turret picked off a straggler. People actually saw something other than a turret just spewing lead!

I got a triple kill with one alt fire from Zarya in the next game, but no POTG for me :(

Then got another legendary skin for Winston in a loot box. Frogston, which I don't dislike, but I already got Explorer in an earlier box, which I highly prefer. Wish I could sell unwanted stuff, instead of only auto selling dupes.

R0ckman

Had a bug where I didn't hear high noon even though mccree was right in my face (but elevated slightly). Thought it was weird that I dropped dead after getting the sound barrier buff as wiston at full health.

catspit

At least on PS4 I find using the arrow to switch to your gun is a little awkward with Mercy. I am going to try a different button for her as her gun is really effective.

Gorillaz

2 things I learned over the past day

1. Not every match needs a healer. Anubis on attack last night 4 offense and one tank. Full team of randoms. I was going to pick Lucio to be the good guy but then said fuck it this team is already fucked let me do me. Got slaughtered a bit that first half lol, but made a switch to Zarya and shit was easy. We walked into zone B and the defense couldn't regroup itself. Honestly after that I just came to the conclusion that mercy/lucio if a team is just that damn dominate.

which leads me to 2

2. People complain about what went wrong and why this person didn't do that. Sometimes the opposite team is just that fucking good. Like I understand yall here with these teammates but there are times where you can be on your best game but the other team is just better.

It is what it is.

I am getting the WORST teams ever today. Just awful. Nobody is pushing together, just running the fuck around like idiots. When you're forced to play a healer like Lucio, this is maddening.

Auctopus

My fear of people just playing offence once I bought the game has been confirmed. Also, me and a bunch of < Level 10s just got matched up against Level 50s. Fun.

Best ship names

CkCrmB5UgAEwcsn.jpg

patchday

I am getting the WORST teams ever today. Just awful. Nobody is pushing together, just running the fuck around like idiots. When you're forced to play a healer like Lucio, this is maddening.

sometimes if you don;t make a difference as support with randoms it might be time to pick a class you'd rather play I guess. Or pick a different support and try a different strategy.

Earlier today I played in a premade with my friends and had a blast (was support entire time). But yeah as support you can only 'help' not really 'carry' is my take on it whether thats right or wrong

sometimes if you don;t make a difference as support with randoms it might be time to pick a class you'd rather play I guess. Or pick a different support and try a different strategy.

Earlier today I played in a premade with my friends and had a blast (was support entire time). But yeah as support you can only 'help' not really 'carry' is my take on it whether thats right or wrong
Just tried playing Roadhog instead of Lucio and we got stomped because everyone else was either Genji, Widowmaker or Hanzo. Fantastic!

Just enforces the lack of teamwork at play currently, which is a bad thing.

not voting at the end doesn't reinforce anything but not voting. people afk between matches (even moreso in a game that kicks you after 30 seconds) because that's the only chance to do so. people tab out. people don't see anything to vote for impressive. people are indifferent. none of that has to do with "the lack of teamwork" in an actual match. to suggest it does is absolutely silly.

Ugh Pubs. Not that I'm the best player around (let alone half decent) but common sense usually prevails. Our team was trying to push to an objective, we all were getting slaughtered because we had no tanks or defensive people. I then chose Rein and kept telling everyone to group up so I can help push them through.

Nope, nothing. The ones that stayed near me never opened fire and the others hop skipped and died all around me.

Hoping to get some games in with GAF this weekend

eek5

It's officially the weekend!

not voting at the end doesn't reinforce anything but not voting. people afk between matches (even moreso in a game that kicks you after 30 seconds) because that's the only chance to do so. people tab out. people don't see anything to vote for impressive. people are indifferent. none of that has to do with "the lack of teamwork" in an actual match. to suggest it does is absolutely silly.

It's not like voting means jack shit anyway rofl.

Im spamming reinhardt now since im tired of playing lucio, any tips?

• Charging is an effective way to eliminate an enemy idly standing in front of you trying to deplete your barrier. Always be aware of where you'll end up--especially watching for things like cliffs. Also a very good surprise attack, particularly for enemies you know are coming. It deals a solid 300-400-ish damage, which will kill anyone but tanks.
  • Watch out for Bastions--they will shred your barrier in seconds. Also watch out for Pharahs, who can flank your barrier in the worst way (hitting your shield is like hitting a wall, complete with splash damage.)
  • Don't underestimate the power of his hammer. In the fray, he can eliminate grouped enemies with surprising accuracy and speed.
  • His ranged sonic attack thing is surprisingly strong, useful for finishing stragglers or to begin engagement.
  • His barrier is incredibly useful to march allies up to a spot, but don't over-rely on it. Reinhardt is a powerful offensive character, and his barrier is about closing the gap more than being a stationary wall.
  • Lastly, his ult. Use it to take out big threats or to disrupt as many enemies as possible. It is best used when you have back up, because Reinhardt can kill maybe one person on his own while everyone is knocked down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom