• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Also his ult is a cone in front of you, not a aoe around you as I rudely discovered early in the game

SourSamo

Just started playing on PC and loving it; junkrat 4 life.
Is there a GAF channel or something I can join so I have people to play with?

Also his ult is a cone in front of you, not a aoe around you as I rudely discovered early in the game

Yeah, very easy to whiff it completely which is fair because its an insanely powerful ult. If you get caught in it, you're probably dead and Reinhardt himself can always secure one kill with the charge, often more. You can knock people out of the air with it though which looks kinda goofy.

Had a great triple kill moment last night on King's Row playing as Genji. We were on Attack and at the very start of the match, I jump down, toss some stars then move to the other side of the bus where THREE BASTIONS are positioned. I immediately use my counter to kill two of them when a McCree shows up and takes me by surprise. I manage to kill him but miss the other Bastion although our Soldier 76 killed him after firing like a madman while I was deflecting.

He got Play of the Game. :|

patchday

Just tried playing Roadhog instead of Lucio and we got stomped because everyone else was either Genji, Widowmaker or Hanzo. Fantastic!

sorry to hear buddy. playing with randoms can be truly painful at times. Sometimes if I'm in a bad match I'll still stay another match (plus you get consective xp bonus). This sometimes works for some reason cause it 'mixes' up the teams so you'll hopefully get a good player. That wont work if you're up against a premade but let's pray thats not the case

Demoskinos

Okay. New favorite thing. Temple of Anubis on Attack. Play as Zarya wait until your team makes a good push then as all the respawned enemies come rushing out of the gate throw your black hole right outside the door they come out of. They have to basically stand there and watch as your team takes the point. :D

DOWN

Banned
Someone convince me that $60 is worth it for this on PS4 instead of waiting for a sale. The $20 console tax is making me nervous.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
$60 isn't really worth it imo unless you really want those skins.

UqM6aHc.png

I guess I won't be playing this on PC according to systemsrequirementslab, but aren't my specs good enough? :(

Got destroyed by an enemy team with an amazing Zarya player. The one bright side is that I was trying to figure out what I was going to eat for lunch and hearing Zarya say "I'm going for the Thomas deal." when using her ultimate is obviously referring to Dave Thomas.

RVorLf2.png

Lunch problem solved. Thank you based Zarya.

Someone convince me that $60 is worth it for this on PS4 instead of waiting for a sale. The $20 console tax is making me nervous.
If it helps at all, I wasn't excited about this game one bit until I played the beta. Bought it at full price day one and have been having an absolute blast with it. Well over 28 hours put in so far and have played it every night since. I've spent $60 on worse.

Just got my first play of the game as Reinhardt in the Ilios map by charging and knocking two guys off the edge of the map at the same time. So happy that was picked up by Overwatch as cool because I laughed my ass off when it happened.

So I just helped my team win a Control map with 11,200 healing done, 28 objective kills and just over two minutes of staying on the objective with Lucio (three gold medals!)

For an average player like me that's pretty good. Also, proof for all those that downplay Lucio as just a support that needs to be around and stay alive as the only way of playing him, y'all wrong.

Sophia

Got destroyed by an enemy team with an amazing Zarya player. The one bright side is that I was trying to figure out what I was going to eat for lunch and hearing Zarya say "I'm going for the Thomas deal." when using her ultimate is obviously referring to Dave Thomas.

Lunch problem solved. Thank you based Zarya.

... you wouldn't happen to have been on Watchpoint: Gibaltar a moment ago, would you? >.>;

Alex

Somehow my mediocre self got a legendary vote earlier. Had not even seen one prior... I feel like I deserve a present! Wonder if there will ever be rewards for voting.

Gorillaz

I said it before but alot of these dudes are really more shit then they think they are playing as an offense character

like the type that think they can go all pro because they shitted on some dude at a YMCA in middle school

always rushing to go for reaper and don't get me started on widowmaker

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Teams without a healer tend to get ripped apart in my experience, unless the gulf in skill is enormous. Even if it's just Zenyatta, Unless you have a ton of self-healing heroes, I think you need at least one in every game.

I didnt say games, I said occasions.

Roubjon

It's the first FPS Multiplayer on console I've really enjoyed since TF2 was originally released. I can't stop playing, and the amount of time I've spent playing the Beta as well as the full release is over 50 hours already. It's too good.

So are the maps in rotation weighted towards certain maps? Because I feel like it's always Hollywood, Hanamura, and Kings Row. 34% of PS players have the trophy for a win on all 12 maps according to trophy data. I'm only a level 16, but I'm not one of them.

peakish

I didnt say games, I said occasions.
I know that sometimes I've just seen that we need some DPS more than some healing, and switched accordingly to break a line that my team is struggling with. It probably would have been best for someone else to have done that (or switched to a healer to cover for my switch) but eh. Guidelines are made to be broken and I prefer to get stuff done rather than sit back and suggest others to do it.

Satch

Banned
LUL i just shat on this mercy all game, i know she had to have been mad at her teammates for not """""""protecting her"""""

U CANT HIDE FROM PHARAH

Add me if you want to play right now on PSN. Username is UltimaPooh

Currently getting tired of playing with scrubs... and also people bitching at scrubs.

I don't know why, but I Love playing Tracer on D. King's Row. I'm on a winning streak since yesterday and the other teams haven't even activaded the payload.

Maybe it's the map design, I feel its layout helps a hero like Tracer because you can really move around with a lot of fluidity.

Rhaknar

Is it just me or does every game have a hanzo on each team.

Snipers on defense are very useful. And with snipers on defense to counter-snipe, turrets and bastions, a sniper on offense is also useful.

The only maps I think you can go without is king of the hill type maps, but thats me.

Zemm

I said it before but alot of these dudes are really more shit then they think they are playing as an offense character

like the type that think they can go all pro because they shitted on some dude at a YMCA in middle school

always rushing to go for reaper and don't get me started on widowmaker

huh wut?

You need offence characters, playing on low dps teams is awful as you just slowly get pushed back because your team doesn't put out enough damage and pressure. Reapers and Widows are good for this. Bad players are just bad at any class, apart from Bastion.

mbpm1

I don't know why, but I Love playing Tracer on D. King's Row. I'm on a winning streak since yesterday and the other teams haven't even activaded the payload.

Maybe it's the map design, I feel its layout helps a hero like Tracer because you can really move around with a lot of fluidity.

Well it's also Tracer's home isn't it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom