• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathy

Get on the point
Get on the point
Get on the point

why why why are these fuckers still not getting it. Fuck please make death match servers so these shits can go there.

And again, still getting queue into games in overtime where people cant do game basics, I'm not going to stick with them, it was literally 45 seconds of being in the game, why just end it. Love the game, hate the matchmaking so god damn much

cuilan

Someone convince me that $60 is worth it for this on PS4 instead of waiting for a sale. The $20 console tax is making me nervous.

As much as I enjoy the game, I think you may as well wait for a sale at this point. I originally wasn't going to buy it for full price (character stacking upset me that much), but Dell offered a $25 gift card as a pre-order bonus for the console versions, so that's the only reason I ended up getting it on day 1.

Satch

Banned
Which pharah emote should i get

Cheer knuckles or flourish

All of her cosmetics and shit are so good, i cant make decisions without help

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
UqM6aHc.png

I guess I won't be playing this on PC according to systemsrequirementslab, but aren't my specs good enough? :(
I have a shitty laptop, and it runs the game well enough. If you can play modern games at low settings then Overwatch should run (although it may not be totally smooth).

Grief.exe

Get on the point
Get on the point
Get on the point

why why why are these fuckers still not getting it. Fuck please make death match servers so these shits can go there.

And again, still getting queue into games in overtime where people cant do game basics, I'm not going to stick with them, it was literally 45 seconds of being in the game, why just end it. Love the game, hate the matchmaking so god damn much

Quit hearing your head against the wall.

PM me your battle.net name, getting a group together in an hour. Im Assuming PC.

JTripper

I've noticed that after reaching level 25 on console, playing alone has lost most of its enjoyment because I'm being matched against skilled players and it doesn't help at all when there's no teamwork or communication on my team. I think I lost my last 10 matches, no joke.

I've mostly been playing Widow recently since I'm getting too frustrated playing tanks or attackers and I've been really unlucky with Mercy in that every time I have my ult, the body count on my team is never over 1 for me to make the res worth it. I'm mostly just keeping to myself behind enemy lines and picking people off. I don't know what it is but my Overwatch experience over the past two days has been really frustrating and unlucky. Not to mention worthless loot box rewards.

Finalow

that feeling when Hanzo randomly shoots one of his tree logs (which the game calls arrows but I disagree) at you and you instantly die because you get hit in the head for tenthousand damage.
you can tell he didn't plan that or didn't aim for your head at all from the kill cam.

solomon

About to hit level 30 and I dunno sort of burned out on the game (low key they need to tone down specials and make the game a little more skill based)

Zeliard

Seagull is fun to watch as Genji. People give him flack because he frequently has Shayed as his pocket Mercy, which undoubtedly helps, but the most impressive thing about his play is his target aquisition.

He's really good about picking the right targets at the right times to strike at with Genji, and he also keeps great awareness of his surroundings between all the dashes and general craziness.

JTripper

that feeling when Hanzo randomly shoots one of his tree logs (which the game calls arrows but I disagree) at you and you instantly die because you get hit in the head for tenthousand damage.
you can tell he didn't plan that or didn't aim for your head at all from the kill cam.

It's so frustrating. A Hanzo got POTG in my last game with 3 kills; two of them being 100% lucky headshots with no enemies in sight when he fired them. To add to that, his name was something along the lines of 420BLUNTSMOKE.

guys the matchmaking for this game is bad. it's just bad. these pubs are bad. the people in them are bad. i'm tired of losing because people WON'T PUSH on a KotH map, or because they just lone wolf it immediately out of the spawn room, or because they won't hide behind a Reinhardt shield. my win rate is in the toilet and it's rare that i say things like this but it's NOT because of me. i cannot wait for ranked mode.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gwyn go to sleep its late stop playing videogames

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
guys the matchmaking for this game is bad. it's just bad. these pubs are bad. the people in them are bad. i'm tired of losing because people WON'T PUSH on a KotH map, or because they just lone wolf it immediately out of the spawn room, or because they won't hide behind a Reinhardt shield. my win rate is in the toilet and it's rare that i say things like this but it's NOT because of me. i cannot wait for ranked mode.

Ranked will be the same and play with other people then, there is a gigantic list of gaffers in the OT

Also lol double post

Fury451

Banned
Any tips for dealing with Reinhardt's shield? I've had a difficult time flanking are getting around any player that using him effective way, there seems to be quite a few that use that shield pretty well. I respect that, but it's incredibly irritating.

DrArchon

Currently sitting at 5 losses in a row. Blizzard really knows how to pick teams. I'm getting paired with some real garbage tonight. None of these matches have been close at all. Just stomp after stomp.

Rhaknar

Any tips for dealing with Reinhardt's shield? I've had a difficult time flanking are getting around any player that using him effective way, there seems to be quite a few that use that shield pretty well. I respect that, but it's incredibly irritating.

Shoot it. Im not being a smart ass, its not that hard to break if you focus it

So I've played this game for 16 hours and I still have no idea.

What the fuck does the Monk with the Spheres even do? I've never felt anything... apparently I get Discorded or something... and I just kill him with ease? I don't take any damage or anything from the dude.

Zeliard

Focus firing on the shield will tear through it, but this can require a team effort. If a McCree can safely get close, he can toss a flashbang over Rein's shield and then you can try to take him out. Otherwise his Fan The Hammer does a lot of damage to the shield from a good distance.

Pharah can rain hell down on Rein and there's nothing he can do about it, but she can be countered by Soldier, McCree, and Widowmaker. Junkrat similarly can just keep bombarding the shield itself or use simple geometry to hit Rein or his team.

If there aren't any big Bastion counters on the other side, he absolutely mows through Reinhard's shield.

Sophia

So I've played this game for 16 hours and I still have no idea.

What the fuck does the Monk with the Spheres even do? I've never felt anything... apparently I get Discorded or something... and I just kill him with ease? I don't take any damage or anything from the dude.

Orb of Discord increases the amount of damage you take. Orb of Harmony heals you.

Ranked will be the same and play with other people then, there is a gigantic list of gaffers in the OT

Also lol double post

is ranked going to be based on games won/lost or your skill in the game? i'd have to hope in ranked i'd get placed with people similar to my own skill/capability/willingness than randos just looking for kills in a game where they mean jack all.

KaoteK

Get on the point
Get on the point
Get on the point

I'm with you on both of your points.

It frustrates the shit out of me when my team doesn't play to the objective, and the match making sucks balls at times.

Pharah's good for this, as she can boost over him and come at him from behind. Symmetra's secondary fire also goes right through the shield, and I've actually had a lot of luck just straight up charging at Reinhardts with her, running behind their shield and locking on with her primary fire. Most of them don't see it coming, and more often than not they haven't managed to hit a swing before getting fried. Maybe I'm just lucky though.

sorry to hear buddy. playing with randoms can be truly painful at times. Sometimes if I'm in a bad match I'll still stay another match (plus you get consective xp bonus). This sometimes works for some reason cause it 'mixes' up the teams so you'll hopefully get a good player. That wont work if you're up against a premade but let's pray thats not the case

If I'm in a shit game, I'll finish it, but 200xp isn't enough incentive for me to hope that the next game is magically better.

Zeliard

Pharah's good for this, as she can boost over him and come at him from behind. Symmetra's secondary fire also goes right through the shield, and I've actually had a lot of luck just straight up charging at Reinhardts with her, running behind their shield and locking on with her primary fire. Most of them don't see it coming, and more often than not they haven't managed to hit a swing before getting fried. Maybe I'm just lucky though.

Sym's a great one too, especially since she'll also get teleporter charge from just spamming her alt at Rein.

Xeteh

Seagull is fun to watch as Genji. People give him flack because he frequently has Shayed as his pocket Mercy, which undoubtedly helps, but the most impressive thing about his play is his target aquisition.

He's really good about picking the right targets at the right times to strike at with Genji, and he also keeps great awareness of his surroundings between all the dashes and general craziness.

It amazes me how insanely fast people dismiss him because Shayed healbots him despite the fact that she gets killed and he still manages to make great plays consistently.

People just love to hate.

Get in with Tracer's blink, distract him enough so your team can get the kill and destabilize the enemies push, use recall to get out. If you have your ult, even better.

Baliis

Play McCree and throw your flashbang over his head, double fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom