• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberz1

mfw I turned on dolby atmos for the first time
iID1plW.gif

pigeon

Banned
Argh, fucking hate molten core.

It seriously shouldn't make torb AND HIS TURRET near impossible to face for a long period.

Think of it as an area denial ult like Hanzo's/D.Va's/Pharah's except that the area is whatever Torb's turret looks at. It's only 12 seconds.

Admittedly Torb is also there fucking your shit up, so you also have to avoid him unless you can kill him.

Ivan 3414

wow playing pharah every game made overwatch great again. play nice play pharah play nice play pharah play nice play pharah

this mercy i just had on my team was fantastic. every time i fucked up id literally scream "MOMMY HELP" in the microphone and she'd come save my ass so i could keep killing people. i got play of the game with rocket barrage because she answered the call after i overextended into their entire team. i saved her life a bunch and she was super appreciative with the >Thanks! on the chatwheel. it was the mercy/pharah synergy that i've always dreamed of

i have no idea how she made it out alive after i jumped into the whole enemy team and nearly got myself killed but she got me to full hp and then bailed out. she was incredible. whoever u are............. thanks mom for wiping my ass.

at one point i kept missing my rockets on the enemy Lucio and i asked her "could you imagine how good it would be if i could aim?" and she just goes >Understood. rofl

LMAO

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Ran into an annoying issue on the PC version where my HUD just completely disappears. This means that when I bring up the Hero Select screen I can't actually select any of the HUD elements and, as a result, am trapped in that one screen.

Anyone else ran into it?

I took a video of this instance - the glitch triggers exactly when I get hit by the venom mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-5xsrinfvk

I ended up having to quit the game through Windows as I couldn't bring up the menu, either.

I had three games in a row where I got booted out of the game for being inactive while I was still on the map loading screen. Also a few times where everyone is invisible for the first two minutes.

Xeteh

this mercy i just had on my team was fantastic. every time i fucked up id literally scream "MOMMY HELP" in the microphone and she'd come save my ass so i could keep killing people. i got play of the game with rocket barrage because she answered the call after i overextended into their entire team. i saved her life a bunch and she was super appreciative with the >Thanks! on the chatwheel. it was the mercy/pharah synergy that i've always dreamed of

I would have let you die.

Xiaoki

Insane health, long fire on her guns, nuke that can be used in a variety of interesting ways and quite agile when out of it. Don't think she needs much.
Insane health doesn't matter when her head shot box is so huge, if you hit her from the front it's a good chance it will be a head shot.

Long fire on her guns doesn't matter when they have such a massive damage drop off, and the damage is split between the pellets.

The variety of different ways you can use her nuke is to get people to scatter off a point, because hardly anyone dies to it anymore.

As a D.Va player I know what her weaknesses are and she definitely needs something.

DeSo

Banned
Finally getting the hang of Winston. Jump in, drop shield, do some damage, jump out. Really gotta pick your battles.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Insane health doesn't matter when her head shot box is so huge, if you hit her from the front it's a good chance it will be a head shot.

Long fire on her guns doesn't matter when they have such a massive damage drop off, and the damage is split between the pellets.

The variety of different ways you can use her nuke is to get people to scatter off a point, because hardly anyone dies to it anymore.

As a D.Va player I know what her weaknesses are and she definitely needs something.

It's what made me leave D.VA
Got really good with her but other characters are far better.
Once people learned to just hide behind a pebble and they're safe she became really weak.

She's super good if facing a noob team but in later levels she's kinda meh tier.

ViviOggi

LONG FIRE ON DVA GUNS AYY LMAO

D.Va stans are a weird bunch but that just takes the cake, firing her dumpster cannons at long range does literally nothing but potentially trick your opponents into thinking you're Bastion for half a second

kagamin

D.Va stans are a weird bunch but that just takes the cake, firing her dumpster cannons at long range does literally nothing but potentially trick your opponents into thinking you're Bastion for half a second

I always take shots when I'm recovering boost and defense matrix behind a reinhardt, might as well try to lower their health rather than do nothing right?

Son Of D

I feel so dirty. Had a Defend game on Route-66. I was Torbjorn and my team also had a Bastion, Reinhardt, Tracer, Hanzo and Lucio. The furthest the enemies got the payload was barely under that first bridge.

matmanx1

Just had a win on Volskaya Industries where I got the "Car Wash" achievement with Symmetra. I sat my turrets up in that first little room on the right as you are coming through the archway (if you are on attack) and melted a couple of people.

And just for kicks, I'm also using the "Car Wash" tag with her. Such a fun character, although I need better map knowledge for teleporter placement.

matmanx1

I feel so dirty. Had a Defend game on Route-66. I was Torbjorn and my team also had a Bastion, Reinhardt, Tracer, Hanzo and Lucio. The furthest the enemies got the payload was barely under that first bridge.

My worst loss tonight was on Route - 66 Attack. Just coming out of the gate there is brutal. What's the best strategy for getting the payload moving on that map?

Come to think of it, most of my losses lately have been on the Attack side. It seems like the pub game folks are wising up about Bastion and Torb being fairly easy defense picks which makes unorganized attackers have a nightmare of a job trying to move forward.

RowdyReverb

I feel like I'm the only player in the world who doesn't like playing the offense heroes. The team play is what draws me into the game, and they're mostly independent characters.
I get a little salty that they are so popular though. I like playing tank or support, but I can't do both at once

Sifl

I feel like I'm the only player in the world who doesn't like playing the offense heroes. The team play is what draws me into the game, and they're mostly independent characters.
I get a little salty that they are so popular though. I like playing tank or support, but I can't do both at once
Nah I don't like playing the offense hero's either. Most of my play time is with support and tanks. Only offense hero I got more then an hour with is Genji I think.

RowdyReverb

I sometimes just dump rounds at a door or choke point for suppression. It's unlimited ammo with bottomless clips, so there's really no reason not to pour suppressing fire whenever you're sitting still unless you're hiding.
Nah I don't like playing the offense hero's either. Most of my play time is with support and tanks. Only offense hero I got more then an hour with is Genji I think.
I actually enjoy playing with Mercy. Maybe it's intimidating to people to be such an important part of the team, so they don't give it a try? Support can be super fun once you get the hang of it, and you really feel like you're part of the reason your team wins

Son Of D

My worst loss tonight was on Route - 66 Attack. Just coming out of the gate there is brutal. What's the best strategy for getting the payload moving on that map?

Come to think of it, most of my losses lately have been on the Attack side. It seems like the pub game folks are wising up about Bastion and Torb being fairly easy defense picks which makes unorganized attackers have a nightmare of a job trying to move forward.

Usually when I'm playing Attack on Route 66 I use Tracer or Soldier. I just immediately Blink/Sprint to the sides and shield myself from Bastions/Turrets. Although if I'm Soldier I try and aim towards one of them at first and fire rockets before unloading my bullets into them. Could probably use Reaper's Wraith Form or Teleport to get to cover. Pharah could work for taking out the turrets too.

I know what you mean about more frequent losses on Attack. I have similar results unless I'm lucky to have a team good at flanking or distracting enemies.

RowdyReverb

Dual Reinhardt with some support can get the payload moving at least out of he starting area so you can get some breathing room. I generally switch to Rein if my offense is getting iced out like that

Speely

Banned
the more I play the more I feel like Lucio is hands down the most important hero in the game to a team

No lies detected. He is literally always a decent selection, and often a great one. Really the only reason I play other heroes is that sometimes no one else chooses him.

Speaking of, been working on 76 more when it's not super obv what the team needs. He is super-balanced and versatile. I never feel like I am meltfacing it up, but I hold my own and have something for any occasion. When a healer is down or Mercy is concentrating on a tank or Pharah-flying I can join flankers and be offensive support with decent damage. When ppl use the heal it's actually really useful. Pretty good at playing in any mode/on any side/paired with anyone.

Definitely in my top ten now, though I don't care for his ult. Handy vs Tracer, Genji, and Lucio but feels a bit meh.

Who to try next? Maybe Roadhog. He is fun but I have only played him a few times.

Playing solo is so frustrating. I moved in as mei. Ultimate froze the entire team wipes all but one. Payload had like 3 meters to win. Ice block and finished off last one. Jump on payload and ice wall the exit for enemy team where is my team?! Uhhh guys?? Enemy team gets out of ice wall and kills me and time expires.

Of course POTG was some high noon bullshit

R0ckman

Seagull is fun to watch as Genji. People give him flack because he frequently has Shayed as his pocket Mercy, which undoubtedly helps, but the most impressive thing about his play is his target aquisition.

He's really good about picking the right targets at the right times to strike at with Genji, and he also keeps great awareness of his surroundings between all the dashes and general craziness.

I don't think a lot of people put priority on who to attack it makes all the difference.

Anyone notice that a lot of teams run symmettra just for the ports? I really dont like them because it forces a wild goose chase and the battles start graviting towards finding them. Team wipes almost mean nothing with them unless its really tight. And your team is good at continously wiping incomers and switching to a more defensive stance until someone breaks the damn thing.

If the charge rate was longer or there was a SOUND for finding them it would be a bit more fun.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Think of it as an area denial ult like Hanzo's/D.Va's/Pharah's except that the area is whatever Torb's turret looks at. It's only 12 seconds.

Admittedly Torb is also there fucking your shit up, so you also have to avoid him unless you can kill him.

See I'm fine with that, but then torb is able to run around that area and further fuck shit up.

Make it either or.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom