• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am still a total noob at this game (getting too old for this shit), but I have just only started to try and play Tracer (she felt like a scam with the small guns and shit health), and holy hell if she is not the funnest character to play in the game. You can tell how utterly frustrating it is for the other team to have that mosquito hitting you in the back. One player just did not learn that I would just relentlessly hunt its widowmaker and make him never really alive for more than a few seconds. Could even kill reinhart from the back (probably because that dude sucked even more than I did).

hiryu

UqM6aHc.png

I guess I won't be playing this on PC according to systemsrequirementslab, but aren't my specs good enough? :(

This is my exact setup and it runs great on my machine. I have most settings on low and I think textures on medium.

Nowy

So I've played this game for 16 hours and I still have no idea.

What the fuck does the Monk with the Spheres even do? I've never felt anything... apparently I get Discorded or something... and I just kill him with ease? I don't take any damage or anything from the dude.

Discord Orb increases damage taken by 50% from all enemies. Dude is a glass cannon capable of outputting insane damage but can be killed very quickly.

cHinzo

Holyshit just had the closest game ever on Lijiang Tower going all the way to overtime on all three the maps. 😱 Got a gold medal for 46 eliminations as Zarya lol. She's such a beast on these kind of maps.

Mr. X

Been playing on PC

Love Symmetra and Pharah

How do I use Winston? I'm totally lost, his weapon does like no damage I feel.

Opinions no one asked for:
-Roadhog needs less health, he has a self heal and 600 and hella damage. Always right click.
-D. Va is in need of something maybe
-McCree we all know
-Vash Industries is a shit map, way too big

Lucentto

Banned
So I just bought this game on PC. It's the first time I have ever played a game like this. It seems pretty fun so far. I like Genji, D.VA, Tracer, Pharaoh, and Soldier 76 right now.

Are there GAF rooms set up for this? I will likely find that better than playing with randoms.

Son Of D

Any tips for King of the Hill rounds? They're always ones I do horrendous on. I usually use Soldier, Tracer or Roadhog on them. Maybe sometimes Lucio.

Sorral

I love that GAF bitches about how they lose, but are obviously "main" type of people.

I constantly switch between heroes especially if one isn't working out well. Dunno what you're talking about tbh especially since I have seen many posters talk about using other heroes.

It amazes me how insanely fast people dismiss him because Shayed healbots him despite the fact that she gets killed and he still manages to make great plays consistently.

People just love to hate.

People are jealous for sure. I have only seen his videos recently and in this last one, he was by himself half the time at least and look at what happened.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I really wish Blizzard would stop putting you BACK into matches you leave. I left for a reason guys.

wamberz1

Been playing on PC

Love Symmetra and Pharah

-Roadhog needs less health, he has a self heal and 600 and hella damage. Always right click.
-McCree we all know

Winston is all about disruption. His main gameplan: leap in (preferebly at a sniper who thinks they are safe), kill/injure said sniper and maybe a few others, leap out, drop shield for team when necessary. Also, his weapon goes through shields like reindhardts. Yeah it doesn't do much damage but it's more for pressure than offense.

Between watching Poke and Seagull, I'm unsure as to why people think Poke is the better Genji.

Seagull ends games on his own literally but Poke though he gets nice killstreaks fails to win games single handily like Seagulls does.

Auctopus

I loved the beta but my initial worry about buying the game was that 90% of the teams I got grouped with would be clueless.

GAF assured me earlier this week that that sort of match was rare now the £40 price tag was on it but that's definitely not the case on PS4 EU/UK. Probably the worst experience I've ever had on my first evening with a new game. Gonna not play until competitive/ranked play comes out and if that doesn't fix the ignorant/death-match wannabe ninja/grim reaper plays then I'm just gonna sell it. So disappointed as the game is superb when you play with decent players.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Argh, fucking hate molten core.

It seriously shouldn't make torb AND HIS TURRET near impossible to face for a long period.

Zaventem

It seriously shouldn't make torb AND HIS TURRET near impossible to face for a long period.

He's my my played defense character. I love seeing my turret getting attacked when respawning and dropping a blind molten core and wiping a team, and you save the turret most time hahahaha.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Btw we had a crazy Lucio wall running/jumping on top of Anubis point B, on the statue at the back wall near the spawn point earlier, and we couldn't kill him, he stayed up there long enough to contest the point until his team returned. We still won but I have no fucking idea how he was doing that

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

No he doesn't. No shields, has a pull with a limited reach and a very tight hit window.

Insane health, long fire on her guns, nuke that can be used in a variety of interesting ways and quite agile when out of it. Don't think she needs much.

One of your team (or you) should have gone Symmetra.

Shoyz

First Yellow: Hockey Lucio (it ok, don't play him)
Second Yellow: Gothic Widowmaker (I have the preorder skin..)
Third Yellow: Blonde Valkyrie Mercy (great!)

Averaging 1 per every 10 hours played.

Got another yellow today, 3 seconds of huge excitement...followed by Cybergoth Zarya.
Nooooooooooo...

Sifl

Had a 4min long Hollywood on defense with a Widow on attack. She literally stood in the same spot the whole match, trying to snipe people through that little doorway from a roof. I just walked into the doorway and put up a Zarya shield to check to see if she was still there the whole match. I love it when people like that are on the opposite team, makes the game less frustrating.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
He's my my played defense character. I love seeing my turret getting attacked when respawning and dropping a blind molten core and wiping a team, and you save the turret most time hahahaha.

I'm fine with his turret molten core form, but not his molten core torb form.

mellow

sweet, just got my third legendary skin drop (second non-duplicate) riverboat McCree, I've been using him a lot recently which is cool, I really like it

pigeon

Banned
For all that D.Va is probably the weakest tank, she's still so much fun to play.

Entered a KOTH map as Roadhog. Got to the point, saw double Winston on the enemy team. Switched to D.Va immediately. Walked up to both Winstons and just melted them both as they chased my team around. One immediately switched.

When D.Va counters you, because of her high damage and high armor, she really counters you. That Winston got countered right out of existence.

I feel like ranked will make or break this game. There needs to be a reporting system like in most DOTA-likes.

Ran into a player who was like "Let me be Widow or I feed"

and he just ran into death all game, it's not like there's levels so he was mostly dying for no reason but the whole game was a 4v5 anyway and that's annoying.

Also picking multiple of the same hero isn't fun at all. I hope ranked doesn't allow 4 torbs or something funky to crush the pubbies.

Gryph

Hit 300 games today. Feels pretty good!

Still loving a lot about the game, I've played exclusively with pubs, (mostly just cause it's easy to jump in for a few games here and there), but I do want to group up with some Gaf folks eventually.

Really loving the tanks lately, Winston and Zarya mostly. D.VA on that stupid Ilios map with the well... Lucio when I want to really annoy someone.

Still haven't found a Offensive character that I like, I always seem to get steamrolled when I try to play one...

Bottom line, game is still terrific, thanks Blizzard. It's a feel good, casual kind of game, and I'm still digging it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I know that this isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things...

...but the bots in this game are terrible. The way they move around and play is just super awkward.

cuilan

Been playing on PC

Love Symmetra and Pharah

-McCree we all know

As someone who has played for 60 hours and uses nothing but D.Va, I think she's mostly fine as she is. The only thing I would ask for is something that would allow her to deal with Zarya.

psyfi

Banned

It's only a minor annoyance if you have a Lucio and everyone makes sure to stay away from the turret. Super Saiyan Torb himself isn't so bad.

Kusagari

I main Lucio but if someone else picks him first I'll go another character.

So tonight I keep ending up with dumbass Lucio's not sticking near the team and heading to the front lines on their own like they're a tank. Lucio has to be one of the easiest supports ever to at least play mediocre and these dudes can't even manage that.

I feel like D.Va is already rather good, I use here a lot for direct turret take-downs and sniper annoyence, whatever buff they might give her will improve on that a lot.

Satch

Banned
wow playing pharah every game made overwatch great again. play nice play pharah play nice play pharah play nice play pharah

this mercy i just had on my team was fantastic. every time i fucked up id literally scream "MOMMY HELP" in the microphone and she'd come save my ass so i could keep killing people. i got play of the game with rocket barrage because she answered the call after i overextended into their entire team. i saved her life a bunch and she was super appreciative with the >Thanks! on the chatwheel. it was the mercy/pharah synergy that i've always dreamed of

i have no idea how she made it out alive after i jumped into the whole enemy team and nearly got myself killed but she got me to full hp and then bailed out. she was incredible. whoever u are............. thanks mom for wiping my ass.

at one point i kept missing my rockets on the enemy Lucio and i asked her "could you imagine how good it would be if i could aim?" and she just goes >Understood. rofl

Rizific

Been playing on PC

Love Symmetra and Pharah

-McCree we all know
Bad advice for roadhog. His right click does shit damage up close. It needs to travel a bit before the cluster busts open. Thats when his alt fire does the most damage. Up close = left click, medium range = right click

I feel like ranked will make or break this game. There needs to be a reporting system like in most DOTA-likes.

Ran into a player who was like "Let me be Widow or I feed"

and he just ran into death all game, it's not like there's levels so he was mostly dying for no reason but the whole game was a 4v5 anyway and that's annoying.

Also picking multiple of the same hero isn't fun at all. I hope ranked doesn't allow 4 torbs or something funky to crush the pubbies.
What a total POS.

pigeon

Banned

There is, right click their names in chat.

There's probably some way to do it even if they haven't chatted, but I haven't tried yet because everybody I wanted to report had talked.

Ken

There is, right click their names in chat.

There's probably some way to do it even if they haven't chatted, but I haven't tried yet because everybody I wanted to report had talked.

Can you not do it through social menu roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom