• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Totally dominating groups as Pharah tonight. Sucky thing is I'm not getting POTG with normal multikill streaks cuz someone keeps getting those ultimate kills. Boo

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Totally dominating groups as Pharah tonight. Sucky thing is I'm not getting POTG with normal multikill streaks cuz someone keeps getting those ultimate kills. Boo

Yeah I want a skill based play of the game and an Ultimate of the game or something. Not to take away from a well timed ultimate but it's rarely fun to watch.

Speely

Banned
Playing solo is so frustrating. I moved in as mei. Ultimate froze the entire team wipes all but one. Payload had like 3 meters to win. Ice block and finished off last one. Jump on payload and ice wall the exit for enemy team where is my team?! Uhhh guys?? Enemy team gets out of ice wall and kills me and time expires.

Of course POTG was some high noon bullshit

The fact that you had time to do all that and your team was oblivious for the duration is horrid. Sorry :( One of the reasons I feel ok playing this game despite the fact that I am not great in twitch FPS games is that I at least play the objective always, every time. I have a fairly small number of PotGs, but I have forced a TON of Overtimes and dug in on some nasty objective pushes/defenses by trying shit way outside of my comfort zone. No fucks given. I get a lot of votes despite not getting PotG much. As a player who is aware of his limitations, I can still help the team out a lot merely by paying fucking attention. Won some games that felt like losses many times by just doing that.

I wonder what the POTG algorithm is.

If two people kill the same amount of people but one dude does it with an ult, does the ult have priority have POTG? Because sometimes it seems that way. I'll get a triple kill, but POTG is given to good old McCree doing the same.

Ferrio

Banned
I wonder what the POTG algorithm is.

If two people kill the same amount of people but one dude does it with an ult, does the ult have priority have POTG? Because sometimes it seems that way. I'll get a triple kill, but POTG is given to good old McCree doing the same.

Ult has less priority I believe.

colinp

Banned
I had three games in a row where I got booted out of the game for being inactive while I was still on the map loading screen. Also a few times where everyone is invisible for the first two minutes.

Whenever both this and the HUD disappearing occurs to me I quit ASAP and run the 'scan and repair' option that all Blizzard games offer in the options menu of the game in the launcher. Works every time!

mfw I turned on dolby atmos for the first time
iID1plW.gif

nice thing about atmos: nobody can surprise you anymore.

played the PS4 version for the first time today. https://watcher.gg/profile/psn/global/DMPrince

winston - doesn't seem a lot of people use him so i totally took the chance to play him. lol. killed it. did like 17 kill streak one on game.
Pharah - hard to aim and multitask while in the air. i guess because i'm not used to the controller. so i couldn't do the whole fly, aim, and tap buttons.
Mei - The controller confused me for a second trying to figure how to do her moves.
Lucio - seems to be easier to play with him on here than pc. racking up those points and kills with him.

1upsuper

So each day for the last few days I've made an effort to put time into new characters I haven't really messed with before. Today I focused on Torbjorn and Pharah. Torb is fun; as a Bastion fan I enjoy looking for good spots to drop the turrets, and I feel like there's always something to do with Torb. I like characters that keep me busy with a variety of stuff to do. I'll probably keep him in my back pocket from now on.

As for Pharah, I think she's really great! I was surprised at how much fun I had with her, because I'm actually not a big fan of most of the offensive characters aside from Tracer, who is another main of mine. Pharah is great though. I enjoy her slower, explosive shots and her air game is fun. Her ult is a bit meh, but it can still get the job done in congested areas. All in all a really fun character and one I know I'll put a lot more time into. Plus her legendary skins are awesome. Looking forward to hopefully getting some of those.

I don't think a lot of people put priority on who to attack it makes all the difference.

Anyone notice that a lot of teams run symmettra just for the ports? I really dont like them because it forces a wild goose chase and the battles start graviting towards finding them. Team wipes almost mean nothing with them unless its really tight. And your team is good at continously wiping incomers and switching to a more defensive stance until someone breaks the damn thing.

If the charge rate was longer or there was a SOUND for finding them it would be a bit more fun.
Symmetra is an incredibly situational character and her strengths, potent as they are, are limited based on map and game type. Of all the heroes in the game, Satya definitely does not need any nerf whatsoever. If she is charging her teleporter quickly that means your team are either running into her sentries often and blindly or she's constantly tagging you with her photon beam/orb.

R0ckman

Symmetra is an incredibly situational character and her strengths, potent as they are, are limited based on map and game type. Of all the heroes in the game, Satya definitely does not need any nerf whatsoever. If she is charging her teleporter quickly that means your team are either running into her sentries often and blindly or she's constantly tagging you with her photon beam/orb.

Don't say I agree with this, I see her on almost every map except king of the hill types.

vypek

played the PS4 version for the first time today. https://watcher.gg/profile/psn/global/DMPrince

winston - doesn't seem a lot of people use him so i totally took the chance to play him. lol. killed it. did like 17 kill streak one on game.
Pharah - hard to aim and multitask while in the air. i guess because i'm not used to the controller. so i couldn't do the whole fly, aim, and tap buttons.
Mei - The controller confused me for a second trying to figure how to do her moves.
Lucio - seems to be easier to play with him on here than pc. racking up those points and kills with him.

Are you using L2 when in the air with Pharrah? It makes her house as if you were pressing X. No remapping required. Much easier to aim and shoot that way

Are you using L2 when in the air with Pharrah? It makes her house as if you were pressing X. No remapping required. Much easier to aim and shoot that way

i did. it's just confusing with controller. lol used to Mouse to aim. for some odd reason i was trying to use left stick to aim.

but anyways. overall had the same experience. luckily i was being paired with same skilled as me so we (friends in a group) and team steamrolled most of the games we played lol.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
everyone keeps talking about this game and I gave up, finally bought the pc version. The game's min specs are really nice.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Fuck McCree.

Just fuck that character.

IT'S NOT NORMAL FOR A SINGLE CHARACTER TO DESTROY A FULL HEALTH REINHARDT IN 3 SECONDS FLAT.

Lucentto

Banned
My 2nd game ever and I already got POTG? I'll take it. I can see myself getting horribly addicted to this game. It's going to be a problem.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Fuck McCree.

Just fuck that character.

IT'S NOT NORMAL FOR A SINGLE CHARACTER TO DESTROY A FULL HEALTH REINHARDT IN 3 SECONDS FLAT.

Yeah that's a real problem. I'm fine with his purpose but that should not involve melting tanks.

Ketch

Genji is the best, with other heroes maybe you get a kill streak, or press Q and kill everybody, but a good kill streak with Genji feels unreal when you do it. It's like I don't even know how I got on top of this building but three of your teammates are dead down there and youre next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom