• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Didn't Blizzard say that he's getting a nerf?

Yes but until then me as a Reinhardt there's nothing I can do to defend myself against him.

Even with my shield up he'll just lob it over the shield and stun me. I have to someone react fast enough to bring my shield above my head when he does that.

LiK

dang it, taking a break. was doing so well dominating with so many multikills and not a single POTG as Pharah. was with a group and wanted to show off lol

MUnited83

For you.
Double Symmetra seems like such a waste though. Her shields can't stack and I can't see double ult being that helpful with how fast it charges.

I'd rather pair Symmetra with Torb.

Combined smalll turrets all over the place though, plus super laser jumping shenanigans in the frontline. My team hasn't lost yet with this setup.

running double symmetras on defense seems to be actually quite effective.
That sounds like a complete waste of a hero slot. Low mobility, lots of setup time, short-range, low health, lack of utility in stacking her abilities/ult.
Double Symmetra seems like such a waste though. Her shields can't stack and I can't see double ult being that helpful with how fast it charges.

I'd rather pair Symmetra with Torb.
Yep.

R0ckman

I think there are a lot of Reins afraid of their sheilds breaking? So freaking tired of reins dropping their sheilds to melt, was in a point destroying a turret while rein blocked me from the other one and I don't hear that his sheild breaks but he just dies and though I destroy one turret I die to the other. Damn these randoms.

eek5

I think there are a lot of Reins afraid of their sheilds breaking? So freaking tired of reins dropping their sheilds to melt, was in a point destroying a turret while rein blocked me from the other one and I don't hear that his sheild breaks but he just dies and though I destroy one turret I die to the other. Damn these randoms.

It's better to drop it with 1 energy than to let it break though. Difference in recharge is 3 seconds!

MUnited83

For you.
That sounds like a complete waste of a hero slot. Low mobility, lots of setup time, short-range, low health, lack of utility in stacking her abilities/ult.

Yep.

On the other hand, that's 12 turrets covering almost every way possible, at least one transporter is always up at all times, and then there's two symmetras jumping around and circle strafing people with their death lasers.

Luigi87

The one thing I really, really hate about playing with randoms?

Hardly anybody ever uses the "My Ultimate is _____" command. Seriously on PC it's just default Z key... It's so easy and makes coordinated ults much easier to do (I know you can see ally ult status on by pressing tab, but this is still more convenient). Instead I consistently play with people who try to use their ults to solo an enemy team and die one by one.

LiK

turns out Reinhardt is a fan of D.Va's. He asked her for an autograph all coy saying it was for someone else.

eek5

The one thing I really, really hate about playing with randoms?

Hardly anybody ever uses the "My Ultimate is _____" command. Seriously on PC it's just default Z key... It's so easy and makes coordinated ults much easier to do (I know you can see ally ult status on by pressing tab, but this is still more convenient). Instead I consistently play with people who try to use their ults to solo an enemy team and die one by one.

I didn't even realize it was a dedicated key until yesterday. Maybe start the match by letting people know and they might hit it for you occasionally lol. Maybe something mid match like "what's everyone's ultimates at? you can hit z to broadcast to team"

The worst part is the two minutes you spend staring at the main menu because your last team was fucking awful and you don't want to be matched up with them or against the good team that thoroughly destroyed you again, so you wait to make sure someone else fills that spot instead.

LiK

man, i can take out Bastions so easily now as Pharah. it's wonderful. even when they're in turret mode, i destroy them. fuck Tor's turrets tho.

Alucrid

Banned
if you lucio alt versus high noon, will it only deal their max hp in damage and be saved by the extra shield or will it just take longer for high noon to lock on completely and then still one shot them?

On the other hand, that's 12 turrets covering almost every way possible, at least one transporter is always up at all times, and then there's two symmetras jumping around and circle strafing people with their death lasers.
Saying "12 turrets" really doesn't scare me. I usually get killed by them the first time I walk by them when I don't know that there's a Sym on the opposite team, but after that, they're very easily gotten rid of.

Sure. You can play her and win with her. You can even play double with her and win with her. She's still usually a suboptimal pick in comparison to other picks.

Fuck McCree.

Just fuck that character.

IT'S NOT NORMAL FOR A SINGLE CHARACTER TO DESTROY A FULL HEALTH REINHARDT IN 3 SECONDS FLAT.
Everyone I played against on PS4 had garbage aim though on long range. He'd be amazing with keyboard + mouse.

Stun + Quickshots were really effective but not on the large area maps we were on. Picked off way too quickly. Hanzo multi-arrow shots were better for corridors imo.

I was playing as a Zenyatta and a McCree fan-the-hammer'd me then put in the all-chat "gotcha ;)"

I'm so confused... Of course he'd kill Zenyatta close range.... What was the point of that lol?

Hex

Banned
Hanzo has seriously the most horse shit fucking garbage ultimate in the game.
Walls? Nah. Target? Nah And it just touches.

LiK

it's super slow tho. i'm having trouble getting the trophy for 4 kills even when i shoot it into a crowded room. got 3 kills the most so far.

Duraigo

Is there some sort of feature where the game will continually try to put you in the same game if you leave it? I left a match on Nepal, because I refuse to play a single match on that shitty map, and kept joining a match on Nepal.

Fuck McCree.

Just fuck that character.

IT'S NOT NORMAL FOR A SINGLE CHARACTER TO DESTROY A FULL HEALTH REINHARDT IN 3 SECONDS FLAT.

While this is annoying, I like this game's idea of "tanks", Not the League of Legends style un-killable ball of stats that can kill squishy targets with ease while tanking 4 other ppl for 10 seconds and then escape healthy.

Luigi87

Still no legendary skins... Up to 555 currency though (meanwhile my friend who got like 3 legendary drops, also had enough currency to buy a legendary as well, so he must be lucky as hell)

Got Pharah's common Titanium skin though, which is decent.

vypek

I love to catch people off guard with rip tire :) Best moment was probably climbing up a wall to get into a Widowmaker's perch to kill her.

Also, how many of Symmetra's teleporters can be on at once?

LiK

Finally got a Legendary skin from leveling up and not from a purchased bundle. it's the Junebug one for D.Va. love the look.

Luigi87

I love to catch people off guard with rip tire :) Best moment was probably climbing up a wall to get into a Widowmaker's perch to kill her.

As many Symmetras there are in the game I imagine.

Symmetra won't gain any Ultimate charge while she has a teleporter up, so a single one can only place one.

Sophia

One day, people will learn to stop attacking Zarya's barriers.

It's crazy when you get a Mei who tries to freeze you or a Pharah firing rockets dead at you. Next thing I know I've got a huge damage increase. >_>;

Jblanks

It's crazy when you get a Mei who tries to freeze you or a Pharah firing rockets dead at you. Next thing I know I've got a huge damage increase. >_>;

So much goes on at different times, that sometimes it's next to impossible not to shoot them.

I don't think it's at all surprising that people who play Mei don't understand how the game works.

RowdyReverb

Zarya da gawd. Ranked #135 total score? I'll take that:

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Soundahfekz-1873/heroes/5
#256 Zarya checking in. I didn't know about this website. Very cool.
Also lol at my W/L at exactly 66/66
I've gone several games in a row now where I've been able to completely dodge his ult. There's a big, obvious sound and it moves slowly. If you're a Bastien or Tank character in the dead center of the shot, you're probably SOL though, but that's fair

besada

Banned

It's surprising the number of Junkrats I've seen that don't know you can make the rip-tire jump. I like coming in from above:)

Sophia

So much goes on at different times, that sometimes it's next to impossible not to shoot them.

Yeah but, you can consciously to not to continue to fire rockets into a Zarya that has a barrier. =P

I don't think it's at all surprising that people who play Mei don't understand how the game works.

Fair point. I had an allied Mei trap me behind an ice wall while the enemy was contesting the point. It sucked. ;_;

How do you counter torb spam? I feel like some maps just have turret places that are impossible to break and no one uses fucking voice chat so you can't coordinate taking out the turrets one by one. Even if you come close to killing oneby yourself there two more turrets elsewhere and everyone is too busy reapering the Reinhardt to care about the point.

It's surprising the number of Junkrats I've seen that don't know you can make the rip-tire jump. I like coming in from above:)

There are people who still don't seem to understand that Junkrat can kill you right after he dies. It always makes me giggle when I take someone out that way.

I just figured out today that you can use Widowmaker to grapple up to the top of the animal-people statues in the beginning of Anubis (A) and snipe from up there.

RowdyReverb

How do you counter torb spam? I feel like some maps just have turret places that are impossible to break and no one uses fucking voice chat so you can't coordinate taking out the turrets one by one. Even if you come close to killing oneby yourself there two more turrets elsewhere and everyone is too busy reapering the Reinhardt to care about the point.
Even though most people don't use mics, they can still hear you. I've successfully commanded a few teams where I was the only guy speaking. It feels bossy, but sometimes people need a little guidance
To answer your question though, Reinhardt (preferably 2) + Hanzo/Windowmaker can make short work of turrets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom