• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Buni

I played against a pretty good player using Symmetra on Offense yesterday . .....maybe it was you? Curse you.
Might have been, I am Reila there as well. I mostly play her on defense, but as with Torbjorn, I sometimes venture with them in attack as well. In fact, I played Torbjorn on Lijiang Tower a few minutes ago and
got wrecked lol.
Lol... exit my mind will you. Just bought it after 30 hours of playtime. She deserves better but I guess it's fancy enough.
She definitely does. Hopefully new skins will be a thing for the already released heroes.
I can't remember the last time someone got hit by D.Va's ultimate.
I put it on the top window on the market area of Lijiang Tower map and got a quad kill :D That is about it...

arimanius

Both EnVyUs/REUNITED have ridiculous talent, and I'd say that as teams they are definitely better than seagull's team.

Oh I'm sure there's better teams. I think he even mentioned it in his stream. I just think he's one of the best overwatch streams I've watched. Seems like a really good guy answering the chat questions and explaining why certain things are going on in the game. So rooting for him since he's trying to be a pro.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When they add new skins, I hope Symmetra's the first one. I don't like any of her skins. Even her default is hampered by the fact that she looks like an over-designed Tekken character with her robo-arm and scouter.

Get rid of all that shit and keep her dress and I'd pay for that skin.

Dr. Buni

Her damage is kinda bad, does barely damage at range and strange enough it slows you down significantly when firing. She could use a buff, but damn she's fun to play.
Only buff she should get, imo, is reducing the size of the mecha's head hitbox. Her damage is good if you are close and as D.Va, you should be getting close/bullying the squishies... or at least that is how I play her. Plus, Zero Suit D.Va has decent damage, too.
When they add new skins, I hope Symmetra's the first one. I don't like any of her skins. Even her default is hampered by the fact that she looks like an over-designed Tekken character with her robo-arm and scouter.

Get rid of all that shit and keep her dress and I'd pay for that skin.
Don't listen to this man or woman.

Everybody has to be a hero when they're playing with randoms. Had transcendence on deck on Hanamura, and waited two minutes for everyone to group up and follow me in after saying I had my ultimate and to group up with me, but Pharah, Roadhog, and Tracer were too busy trying to one man army everything. At least the snipers had an excuse, though I think a Hanzo and a Widowmaker on the final point against a buffed up enemy team is a little too much.

spiritfox

Only buff she should get, imo, is reducing the size of the mecha's head hitbox. Her damage is good if you are close and as D.Va, you should be getting close/bullying the squishies... or at least that is how I play her. Plus, Zero Suit D.Va has decent damage, too.

Don't listen to this man or woman.

She needs to lose her movement penalty when firing. Her guns are not good enough to warrant that.

Is anyone lagging their brains out? 400 ping from 20 ping is a crazy jump these few days.

I was getting horrible lag spikes on wi-fi, but I bought a powerline network adapter and I haven't had a single problem ever since.

I've been using wi-fi for years and it's never been a significant issue, but for whatever reason Overwatch seems to hate a wireless connection. Running a cable to my computer isn't really feasible with the way my house is set up, but I was having stretches of sheer unplayability and it forced me to examine other options. If anyone else is having problems I would strongly recommend trying a powerline adapter. Apparently their effectiveness is highly dependent on the way your house is wired, but in my case it's practically a life-changing upgrade.

Yeah, D.Va's critical hitbox could use work. When I play Widow it's stupid easy to kill that mech.

I really love any excuse to play D.Va, but as she stands now it can be tough to find that excuse in a lot of situations. She's amazing when the circumstances of the match suit her. I would be all too welcome to a buff.

BY2K

Membero Americo
XlXnrNl.jpg

CoLaN

The last meter of the payload can be pretty dumb. Sometimes it feels like it is designed to generate tense moments in a very artificial way

Dr. Buni

Yeah, D.Va's critical hitbox could use work. When I play Widow it's stupid easy to kill that mech.

I really love any excuse to play D.Va, but as she stands now it can be tough to find that excuse in a lot of situations. She's amazing when the circumstances of the match suit her. I would be all too welcome to a buff.
I usually pick her in maps where I can bump people off the map/into pits with her boost. :3 Also, it is lovely when the opponents have a Winston, since he can't do anything against B.Va

mstevens

So Lijiang Tower is the last map I need for the world traveler trophy. I've done about 150+ matches and have seen it only 3 times (lost all 3). Last night my final match was there so I was pumped.

We won the first game 100-0. Second game, we were up 80-0 but my team tried to chase them to their spawn and they capped and won. Game 3 we were about 10 seconds away from winning and I got disconnected.

That was one of those *slowly put the controller down, turn the ps4 off, and walk away* moments.

So Lijiang Tower is the last map I need for the world traveler trophy. I've done about 150+ matches and have seen it only 3 times (lost all 3). Last night my final match was there so I was pumped.

Man, I feel like I see that one too much. That goes for all KOTH maps. I don't mind KOTH from time to time, but it's by far my least favorite mode.

Canucked

I know you're trying to be a team player but what if your team isn't effective enough? You alone cannot make that difference if the majority of your team is slacking. So, what your team thinks doesn't matter in the end, you did your best. And, personally, as Reinhardt, you don't have to shield everybody (especially if your team is scattered like they're hunting for easter eggs instead of playing the objective), sometimes a well placed strike at the opposing team's toughest hero could turn your luck in an instant. Or, try playing Lucio.

It really depends on the other team. If they have Reapers, Soliders, Torbjorns and such the shield can be surprisingly useful to push the payload and cap points even by yourself. If there's a Bastion or two, don't even bother, they'll break the shield like it was never there to begin with.

I appreciate the feedback. I may try lucio is some practice modes today, see if he's a good alternative for those scenarios. I wish I had a tank that also heals for all these teams where I land on with all these attackers.

Ivan 3414

I usually pick her in maps where I can bump people off the map/into pits with her boost. :3 Also, it is lovely when the opponents have a Winston, since he can't do anything against B.Va

You think so? As Winston I've never had a particular problem with D.Va. I usually just pester her with my Tesla Cannon and then leap away; she can't do much as long as I keep distance and use his barrier. As long as I have at least one teammate attacking her she can be easily dealt with. And Winston eats unmeched D.Va for breakfast.

fuzzyset

The last meter of the payload can be pretty dumb. Sometimes it feels like it is designed to generate tense moments in a very artificial way

If by artificial you mean in the map design, then yeah they definitely are. As the payload reaches the end, the attackers start to lose their spawn point proximity advantage.

Dr. Buni

You think so? As Winston I've never had a particular problem with D.Va. I usually just pester her with my Tesla Cannon and then leap away; she can't do much as long as I keep distance and use his barrier. As long as I have at least one teammate attacking her she can be easily dealt with. And Winston eats unmeched D.Va for breakfast.
True that, but his damage is ridiculous low against her mech. If you get into his face, he has to either jump away (from an objective sometimes) or just die.
And then they walk out of range. Now what?
You boost and get into their face again.

I can't remember the last time someone got hit by D.Va's ultimate.

I got a triple kill on Route 66 the other night. My buddy used Tactical Visor so they all ran and hid. Unfortunately they went to hide exactly where my mech happened to land. It felt so god damn good.

No achievement, though. :(

Zemm

Playing TF2 earlier as I'm just so desperate for a custom game browser. The game would be so much better with it instead of this quick play bollocks being the only thing.

I'm a bit of a parrot on this but the game needs player hosted servers, like that one thing would take the game from a great one to a perfect one. I want to play this for years but I dunno if I can without player hosted servers like they have in TF2 where you can build a community with 1-3 different servers with different rule-sets, where you play against the same people each evening, making friends and so on, that's why TF2 had the longevity it did.

Jintor

how fast is d.va's cooldown on her boost? I keep 'saving' it for use but I think I'm getting killed a lot because I don't bother escaping

BigDug13

I know you're trying to be a team player but what if your team isn't effective enough? You alone cannot make that difference if the majority of your team is slacking. So, what your team thinks doesn't matter in the end, you did your best. And, personally, as Reinhardt, you don't have to shield everybody (especially if your team is scattered like they're hunting for easter eggs instead of playing the objective), sometimes a well placed strike at the opposing team's toughest hero could turn your luck in an instant. Or, try playing Lucio.

That's why she has plenty good usage outside of mech.

Seems pretty ridiculous to design a character that gets into a huge mech suit with lots of guns firing that do far less damage than the little pistol she keeps at her side. I mean I get why for balance reasons of being a tank but it's still pretty funny.

how fast is d.va's cooldown on her boost? I keep 'saving' it for use but I think I'm getting killed a lot because I don't bother escaping

Off the top of my head, 8 seconds, or something like that? Not super long but not quite as fast as Winston's jump.

EDIT: I'm way off. It's five seconds, apparently. Dunno why I didn't remember that.

Overwatch's habit of trying to correct your win percentage by dumping you into heavily lopsided matches is starting to get really fucking frustrating. Facing a team that focuses on you as the lone support is one thing; being unable to heal people because everyone on YOUR team constantly dies before you can even return from spawn is even worse. If you are a Roadhog and you can't even stay alive for two seconds after seeing the enemy, you should reconsider your life choices.

I don't understand this about the matchmaking? Why would they even implement a system like this?

Seems pretty ridiculous to design a character that gets into a huge mech suit with lots of guns firing that do far less damage than the little pistol she keeps at her side. I mean I get why for balance reasons of being a tank but it's still pretty funny.

There are times I'm kind of excited to get to use the pistol. If I had a nickel for every time somebody has killed my mech just to be shredded with my sidearm.

No better time for the "winky face" voice line.

For PS4 players, is the save data stored on the console or is it stored on blizzard servers / linked to battle.net account?

I ask because I just replaced a dead hard drive in my PS4 and my save data wasn't uploaded to PS+ before this died. Did I lose my progress and skins?

Dr. Buni

Overwatch's habit of trying to correct your win percentage by dumping you into heavily lopsided matches is starting to get really fucking frustrating. Facing a team that focuses on you as the lone support is one thing; being unable to heal people because everyone on YOUR team constantly dies before you can even return from spawn is even worse. If you are a Roadhog and you can't even stay alive for two seconds after seeing the enemy, you should reconsider your life choices.
If that Roadhog is trying to contest a point when it is overtime and the whole opponent team is there, he will likely not last two seconds :3 But otherwise, yeah...

Anyways, didn't know that was a thing in Overwatch, but it explains why when I start to have a win streak, suddenly I get into a match where my team is completely stomped.

Thought it was nearly impossible to get POTG with Symmetra, but I guess holding your opponent to their spawn and going 19-0 will get it for you. And the play chosen was me zapping Reinhardt with the gun.

Now I am convinced it is nearly impossible to get one as Mei. I think I got close as I froze nearly the entire team and got a triple kill.

Also Mercy plus Pharah is fun, but squating behind Bastion boosting and healing is very effective.

CoLaN

If by artificial you mean in the map design, then yeah they definitely are. As the payload reaches the end, the attackers start to lose their spawn point proximity advantage.

Yes, and the defenders spawn point is way too close. Even just a few meters away would make it a bit more balanced, because fighting over one meter is surely tense, but it feels so artificial and "wrong", at least to me.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
How are you guys using the ult really though. I still get kills from it. Just depends on the situation.

Area clearing thing for the payload on the last second just so they can't overtime us? Double kill or more most of the time. Ram it into torb's dumb turret as my team is making the push? Even if you don't get torb you will get his turret, but torb too from time to time, and you cleared the area for the team to make a push.

Sometimes I fly it in the air and drop it on the payload to clear the area. Most people get wise to it but some people don't.

lol. That very rarely happens in my matches though, there's a Mercy or Lúcio in most matches. Zenyatta is the least played support from my experience.

I find Zenyatta to be pretty difficult to play as. I feel like he'd shine with a coordinated bunch but with randoms it's hard. Much easier to be a straight healer as you can focus on a single player at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom