• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiniyta

as D.VA I find I always get most damage medal. She's really good at putting pressure on the enemy team and forcing them to take another route. Her E can negate a lot of ultimates and is incredibly useful.

I do think her headshot hitbox either needs to be lower, or her boost cooldown be lower. Or something like being more mobile whilst shooting.

There's various ways to buff her that don't include simply upping her damage. She isn't bad at all.

If you shoot her ult from longe range it can net a lot of kills actually as it gives less time for them to run away. Just making it explode on the spot and running away usually doesn't result in much, except temporary area control for your team.

I think D.va is probably my favorite character. So many matches turned around by using her. I don't really use her as a tank, but as a big beefy Reaper/Genji/Tracer sneaking behind enemy lines picking off the supports, distracting people, and generally causing chaos. Or sometimes I'll do a suicide run in the mech, ram into the front lines taking out who's important, then running away after I go Zero Suit and use her ridiculously accurate pistol as a sniper. Change her a bit to make the crit box smaller and make the fuse on her ultimate shorter and I think she'll be perfect.

Azoor

I think D.va is probably my favorite character. So many matches turned around by using her. I don't really use her as a tank, but as a big beefy Reaper/Genji/Tracer sneaking behind enemy lines picking off the supports, distracting people, and generally causing chaos. Or sometimes I'll do a suicide run in the mech, ram into the front lines taking out who's important, then running away after I go Zero Suit and use her ridiculously accurate pistol as a sniper. Change her a bit to make the crit box smaller and make the fuse on her ultimate shorter and I think she'll be perfect.

She has great emotes too.

qqnbhhmkbphorwc978i1.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
me on chat during a game just now "I want to get that Rein skin with the axe, I dont know what its called tho". Ganme ends "oh I got a loot box"

lol

Sorral

Genji is really fun to play. Got my Slice and Dice trophy last night and killed a Lucio by deflecting his teammates' damage to him in a KOTH capture point. lol

I wish the deflect ability was a tiny bit longer or if you don't deflect anything, the cool down should be shorter. The shurikens pass by enemies too closely as well unless it is just my horrid aim...

I hate when people say this. Makes me feel like people think I'm an idiot.

Snip

I'm completely with you on this. Played several games with a friend yesterday and we were absolutely amazed at the lack of awareness of many teammates over and over. Went on a losing streak for 5+ matches until we actually saw "first win of the day xp bonus" close to when we were going to stop for a break and we were like "...Shit, was that actually our first win?"

Zemm

It's been said before, but people need to stop with this tiers nonsense. Tiers only matter on the Pro Level, which does not apply to most of the matches going on in Overwatch.

It trickles down though, when you see tournaments running two McCree's and two Winston's you can guarantee you'll be seeing the same when you do quick play as a group. It'll be even more obvious when competitive mode gets released. It's like how in Hearthstone if some streamer is playing a weird deck and is successful with it, you can guarantee the ladder will be flooded with it within a day.

SDCowboy

Random question...why are there so many players in this that have Chinese and Korean character names on the US servers? Not that it matters, but I was just wondering.

brawly

Oh m god I can finally play Tracer. I get it. High sensitivity (controller) is key. It's so fun to invade enemy lines, warp behind Reapers and trying to foresee when McCree uses his cheapass move.

Now the question: posh or sporty?

Gorillaz

a Torb that literally let a tracer walk behind him to take the first point in Anubis got POTG with a turret that
wasn't even aiming at her

his ass was the reason we even LOST to begin with

Moaradin

I'm getting killed behind corners so often in this game. I don't know if it's because of the low tick rate or what, but they need to work on that.

Oh m god I can finally play Tracer. I get it. High sensitivity (controller) is key. It's so fun to invade enemy lines, warp behind Reapers and trying to foresee when McCree uses his cheapass move.

Now the question: posh or sporty?

Sporty all day!

Side note: Nice to see there is a heavy reeking of elitism in this thread from certain posters. It never fails.

aight

so which of ya'll niggas is actually GOOD at this game cuz randoms picking double Widowmakers on offense/picking D.Va period is killing me

BNET: ViewtifulJC#1273

ZangBa

Last night I gave up trying to win and tried to get the Widowmaker trophy while defending. I actually managed to kill someone while falling down but the trophy didn't trigger, but the worst part is I had 2 gold medals and 2 silver, gold for objective kills and time. I spent 1 second on the objective and got 1 kill. This is why I gave up trying.

Just had some weird ass glitch where I could still hear voice chat from my previous game teammates, even after I exited the match, and what made it even funnier is that they were Russian, how does that even happen?

I'm getting killed behind corners so often in this game. I don't know if it's because of the low tick rate or what, but they need to work on that.

This is a game breaking issue, a lot of times it feels like the enemy know your exact position and prefires before they even have you in sight.

Sporty is ugly, Posh for life.

For real though none of Tracer's skins are all that great considering she's the face of the game, I'm hoping we get some better ones soon.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maybe if D.Va didn't slow down at all while shooting, and she could boost sideways, she'd be more viable.

We EXVS now.

I hope the matchmaking becomes less aggressive to force everyone to 50% win rate later (probably when ranked comes out). I get the idea that you want everyone to have an even amount of wins, but the longer the game is out the bigger the skill gap, which means the more aggressive the matchmaking to force even win rate across everyone. I'm getting into more and more completely stacked games where a team just steamrolls the other, which becomes boring even when you're in the winning team.

But what I hate most is the fact that there's plenty of times where the game just basically sets you up to fail. That's just not cool. Even worse when it does it multiple times in a row and makes me feel like the game is wasting my time to maintain a stat that I don't give a shit about.

Zaventem

They should remove penalization from leaving games, hopefully they remove it from quickplay games once ranked is patched into the game.

Also are people more annoyed because of the L going into their precious stats, or because of the wasting time aspect of joining an ending match?

Why would you want to be put into a game with 5 sec left on the clock?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They should remove penalization from leaving games, hopefully they remove it from quickplay games once ranked is patched into the game.

Also are people more annoyed because of the L going into their precious stats, or because of the wasting time aspect of joining an ending match?

whynotboth.webm

Also wait, why remove penalisation? Increase it if anything.

If you leave like at the beginning than sure whatever, but leave when you're about to lose? Just take the L bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom