• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Just had 2 awesome matches in a row. In game 1 on offense we had 2 widows and 2 tanks... Game 2 on offense we had no offensive heroes at all. Yep, great fun. lol

LiK

Nope. I'm not complaining or anything. I was just wondering how it is possible to get to that level already.

If you're playing in a group, you'll find other groups with high level guys. I play with a Gaffer who's in mid-70s now along with lower level guys and I think other people probably have the same reaction as you, lol

So satisfying after all the times this has caught me out.

g1N6sIa.gif

Glad they're balancing differently on consoles. You have a few elitist in this thread that can't possibly fathom why multiple Torbs on console might be a little different than on pc. "But muh pro stats say he's bottom tier!" It's as if people have a lot less sensitivity and therefore reaction time on ps4/xbox, making perfect aim turrets trickier to deal with.

But no, that can't be it

ExVicis

So satisfying after all the times this has caught me out.

I know you can do that but this is my first time actually seeing it in a real game. It looks magical. And you do it almost so off-hand like too.

"Oh my brother's screaming again? Lemme take care of this."

*Reflects Arrow*

"Alright let's cap this point"

LiK

Glad they're balancing differently on consoles. You have a few elitist in this thread that can't possibly fathom why multiple Torbs on console might be a little different than on pc. "But muh pro stats say he's bottom tier!" It's as if people have a lot less sensitivity and therefore reaction time on ps4/xbox, making perfect aim turrets trickier to deal with.

But no, that can't be it

I think the disparity in aiming with m/k and controllers def influence which characters are considered better than others. I think sometimes we get into arguments and then find out we're on different platforms which is pretty important. Lots of misunderstanding results.

Apathy

what i would do to kick whoever made this russian map in the crotch. Holy shit it's so bad and I keep getting it today when all i want is ilios

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lol watching a old beta video, Tor turrets used to be 450 health at level 2, and you could make them level 3 (they looked like what they do now when you use your ult) with 600 health.

And people bitch about them now :3

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's a good thing PS4 doesn't have a text msg option ...randoms are so fking stupid

Eh it can work sometimes. Joined a game that was 2mins into Gibraltar and the payload barely moved, I joined in as Lucio, started sharing around like an asshole. The team, who kept scattering around, asked for healing, and I told them that if they want healing they have to help me push the payload. Won in the end.

B.O.O.M

Eh it can work sometimes. Joined a game that was 2mins into Gibraltar and the payload barely moved, I joined in as Lucio, started sharing around like an asshole. The team, who kept scattering around, asked for healing, and I told them that if they want healing they have to help me push the payload. Won in the end.

Guess you used the mic to say this or played on PC yeah? I don't use a mic :S these fkers are nuts. Sometimes I have to change characters 4-5 times in a single game to try and match the enemy team

At least on the plus side just got a legendary 'coin' drop which is apparently 500 gold. More than enough to get that badass Stonehardt Skin

Yeah, Route 66 isn't great. Probably my least favorite Payload map.

Better than Anubis, at least.

Actually, now that I stop and think about it, a lot of the maps have issues. Feels like they went for theme first over actual gameplay design, stuff like irritating extraneous geometry mucking things up. There's a handful of great ones, though. Mumbani, King's Row, and Liajing Tower (well, the Night Market and the Garden, at any rate) are all great fun. Also really enjoy Dorado, aside from the spawn trapping issue.

Antiwhippy

Guess you used the mic to say this or played on PC yeah? I don't use a mic :S these fkers are nuts. Sometimes I have to change characters 4-5 times in a single game to try and match the enemy team

At least on the plus side just got a legendary 'coin' drop which is apparently 500 gold. More than enough to get that badass Stonehardt Skin

Nah I just typed it. As always, it's a real pot luck with the players you get, but there's no harm in trying to get the team together in chat.

what Is the point after a match when you can leave and get your XP + No early leaving debuff? right after the POTG video...during.. I usually leave at the cards, but maybe I could leave sooner.. (Console PS4)

You can leave as soon as you see Victory or Defeat flash on your screen. You might as well too even if you do great and get potg or whatever 9 times out of 10 not even your own team will vote for you. People are salty as fuck with this game. ;)

ncslamm

TIL on Hanamura when going from capturing point A to point B, if you're Lucio you can wall run to the left side entrance (of Point B). And here I was for the last 25 hours getting frustrated when teammates would jump to that side because I had to run in the door and down the stairs to get up there.

mikemandey

I think the alternate voice for Hanzo ult (the wolf skin) needs a tweak. Currently it's too silent, only the "kurae" part can be heard clearly and a split-second reaction is very important to dodge that ulti :/

ExVicis

Yeah, Route 66 isn't great. Probably my least favorite Payload map.

Better than Anubis, at least.

Actually, now that I stop and think about it, a lot of the maps have issues. Feels like they went for theme first over actual gameplay design, stuff like irritating extraneous geometry mucking things up. There's a handful of great ones, though. Mumbani, King's Row, and Liajing Tower (well, the Night Market and the Garden, at any rate) are all great fun. Also really enjoy Dorado, aside from the spawn trapping issue.

Dorado is really good once it opens up. But Numbani is probably my favorite though. It has so many avenues and ways to get into one part from the other, everything blends so well. Probably the best map in the game I think.

Satch

Banned
omg i just got out of a match and i directly raged at my teammates for the first time in a while. i usually turn my mic off but this DVA player (typical) on my team was GARBAGE. we won but omg wew my fumes were a mess

drag me

MikeyMike

Didn't have much time to try out this game since launch but will start playing more regularly.

I'm on PS4 and lvl 10 at the moment (I'm getting destroyed so could use some guidance).

PSN : MikeGaum1984

If I want to join the PSN Community, how can I get an invite?

Demoskinos

I actually have no problems with any of the maps. Not a fan of having to play the same map like 4 times in a row but don't hate any individual maps. I think my favorite so far is King's Row? I dunno I just like how the map looks plus I've had some really nail-biting defenses and pushes at that last checkpoint.

Antiwhippy

I actually don't mind either of the maps also.

Volskaya is fun on attack with D.VA because there are so many areas around the map you can fly around to pull the other team away.

ExVicis

So I got a PotG as Soldier where I activated my Sights behind the enemy team's two healers and promptly murdered them with ease and then finished off nearby Hanzo and Junkrat. I felt pretty good about it but man people sure love to marginalize your PotGs if an Ult is involved in it at all. I used it at the right time, my position was good, and the last few kills didn't even use it, but no I guess it doesn't actually count as good playing.

omg i just got out of a match and i directly raged at my teammates for the first time in a while. i usually turn my mic off but this DVA player (typical) on my team was GARBAGE. we won but omg wew my fumes were a mess

drag me

tfw can't carry my team.

It's like herding dead cats.

Apathy

Been thinking about a few things recently.

Wondering if they will ever give us the option to opt out of a map. This would give them some valuable information on what people like and what they don't Right now the most they might get is how often someone leaves a map but that isn't the same as them not liking it and wanting to avoid it.

I was also wondering if they'll ever give out map making tools, games like these live or die on maps, and while blizzard may have a staff on hand to make them there is a finite amount of them. I was thinking of some map tools, get them submitted, let blizzard do the curating and polishing up on them and then have them as some playlist to determine if any make it in or not

Oh, and also, I had two separate people tell me to switch off Symmetra on defense to heal. Me, instead of the Hanzo or the Reaper or the McCree. And I mean, fine, but man, fucking someone else change for once, I already spend two thirds of my time playing healer. Everyone fuck off.

Alavard

I really wanted to rage at my team for having 3 Roadhogs and no support, but then we won. So /shrug I guess.

Also, got my 3rd legendary skin for my level 25 box... it was a dupe (Frogman Winston).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom