• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHoot

I really wanted to rage at my team for having 3 Roadhogs and no support, but then we won. So /shrug I guess.

Also, got my 3rd legendary skin for my level 25 box... it was a dupe (Frogman Winston).

Good roadhogs are so incredibly self sufficient, it's pretty incredible.

They're kinda OP with that quick 300 hp regen, a hook to fish out weaker enemies that they can almost all instakill (afterwards and a great big bag of HPs to boot. And both abilities have pretty low cooldowns. Their downside is that if they miss a hook they're pretty open for a while. That and kinda garbage range and mobility. But i'm surprised not more people are actually screaming their lungs out against roadhogs.

Also had a game against an incredibly good widowmaker..you know the one who has such reflexes that you're unsure if it's a hack or not....not fun

I think all Widowmakers and Hanzos should drop them already and use the real best sniper: Reinhardt. Forget your left click. Forget your right click. Forget your E and Q too. Fuck, you don't even need WASD. The only button you'll need is Shift.

The Shift button launches a bullet. Much like Widowmaker and Hanzo's bullets/arrows, this bullet doesn't suffer from damage falloff at range and deals a shit-ton of damage when it connects, making it effective at killing far-away targets unlike that bitch McCree's revolver shots (Why would you ever use that guy anyway?). It has a slow travel time, requiring a shit-ton of skill to land, but you're a sniper. You've got the skill to do it. If you didn't, you would've picked someone like Soldier 76 like all those other spray 'n praying scrubs already, but you aren't them; you're better.

When it lands, the overwhelming force of the shot launches them into the nearest wall where the shock from being smashed into this wall and consequently having every bone in their body shatter causes them to die. Conveniently, you yourself are moved along with this bullet so you can look your victim in the eye in their final moments, them realizing they're about to die to the most elite of snipers, lamenting their poor decisions in life for ever trying to fuck with you, screaming in their self-inflicted agony--And then they die. You look at the art you created with their mangled corpse and then you move on to create more art. Because sniping is a god-damn art form and you want to show off your talent, you brilliant devil.

In the event you miss, you can start using your other buttons like a scrub. But me? I don't need them; I'm the best damned sniper in the business. Still, when my team asks, I'll use my other buttons. I mean, I'm kinda there already and I've got shit all to do while waiting to use Shift again.

-

Seriously now, I think I'd be a lot happier if all the crappy snipers suddenly played Reinhardt. <.<

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Or you could play Mei, the best sniper.

She's also the best tank and the best dps. If only she had some sort of heal :(

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Unless you're a really good reinhardt I'm more likely to rage against a bad rein who just charges all day without regard to the team situation. Yes, we really needed you charging to the other side of the map as the other team is murdering everyone else.

Including me sometimes. -_- Getting better at judging though.

MrHoot

I've also had the displeasure to really feel the latency/20hz/whatever it is tonight with tracer. Where you dash away from a mccree and he shoots his POCKET SAND just so slightly after. But that still registers so I can see the game bringing me back to my old point to get stunned and gunned down.

Thanks game

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why would any console player want to play against PC players tho >_>

Rhaknar

I'm pretty sure they mean XBO/PS4. They said they wouldn't do PC -> Console cross-platform because it would work about as well as Quake 3 on the DreamCast when people had the mouse and keyboard peripheral

Oh I know, just the very first tweet reply is someone asking if ps4 players can play against pc

Team of 6 Tob's on a defend map. Fuck this.

6 D.Vas no problem

Man, felt good -- had a match where one of my teammates was doing nothing but talking trash about us and complaining and whining about randoms and taking out all his frustration on us and our eardrums.

We ended up winning by a landslide, but the guy seemed to try and criticize every single choice we were making from character selection, to when we were pushing the point, etc...

Feels good. Dude didn't even admit he was wrong at any point, soon as we proved him wrong on one thing, he'd instantly start crabbing about something else.

Hate players that do little more than whine and rant when they play, especially if the only thing they're doing is trying to verbally bully their own damn teammates.

Good games JC, Grief, and whoever else was there (I was lovelaika). We went hard
ylROcXd.jpg

Rhaknar

Of course Grief would play Mcree, what a scrub

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Or you could play Mei, the best sniper.

She's also the best tank and the best dps. If only she had some sort of heal :(
Damage falloff kills her icicle though. I would trade the straight shot for an icicle that moves in an arc and has less falloff.

Haines

Banned
Any good Xbox one groups/peeps

I need some better people to play with.

Haines GT

Or msg me your tag. Won't be on for a few days as I need to finish uncharted. Put it off to long now.

mjp2417

Banned
Not sure if this question has been asked/answered in this thread already, but for someone playing on PC with a controller (XB1 specifically) what characters should I be looking to use? Basically, who doesn't require mouse precision aiming to be effective?

Rhaknar

Damage falloff kills her icicle though. I would trade the straight shot for an icicle that moves in an arc and has less falloff.

Falloff? What is this fall...off... thing you refer to?

I freeze people, I walk up to their face, look at them, and shoot them.

In the face.
I need to start playing Mei again.

Satch

Banned
Not sure if this question has been asked/answered in this thread already, but for someone playing on PC with a controller (XB1 specifically) what characters should I be looking to use? Basically, who doesn't require mouse precision aiming to be effective?

Torbjorn, Mercy and maybe Symmetra

Winston's the most obvious one on tank, but requires some tactical thinking as to when to jump in and when to get out. Reinhardt as well, though you'll want to be able to aim some for the Fire Strike. Mercy works 99% of the time, and many Mercy players don't fight back if attacked alone anyways so if you do the same it's not like you'll stand out. Lucio needs some aiming ability to land shots, but your primary job is to stick close to the group to provide AOE heals, so it's not so awful if you can't hit anyone as long as you stay alive. Symmetra can work if you get to know her well, but she's pretty situational (strong on defense) so you need to learn where she's useful and where she's not. But her primary fire is lock-on short-range. Junkrat benefits from better aim, but your primary job is to spam an area with grenades to deny that area from the other team, so you don't need precision.

A lot of characters don't need precision aim but do require some skill, so I left those out. If you feel up to it, though, shotgun-wielding characters like Roadhog and Reaper or Pharah's rocket launcher could also work.

TheYanger

theyanger pound 1685 for some drunk overwatch. Let's do this. idk the rules fuck it we'll figure it out. I'm 10 beers deep already so, let's go.

Winston. Reinhardt. Even D.Va.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
theyanger pound 1685 for some drunk overwatch. Let's do this. idk the rules fuck it we'll figure it out. I'm 10 beers deep already so, let's go.
I think I played with you earlier today. And every day before that.

R0ckman

WTF? The game force booted me into a group that I declined, some sent and invite that auto assumed I accepted it, hit reject and it sent me out anyway. WTF? We were doing good too.

Canucked

3 tracers on defend...

Jesus Christ. They should limit heros just so I dont have to deal with idiots

I had a match where two Reapers and two Bastions started to argue over who should change to healer....

..I mean, like...anyone. I promise you can be reaper or bastion again someday...

pompidu

I had a match where two Reapers and two Bastions started to argue over who should change to healer....

..I mean, like...anyone. I promise you can be reaper or bastion again someday...

I had two people trying to snipe with reaper. Like wtf.

I really hope competitive isnt like how ranking works now. Its not an indicator of skill, just time

Permanently A

I think I just had the biggest mood whiplash ever. Opened my 39th box, saw the legendary flying up. Really excited because it was my second ever legendary, my first being Roadhog's Islander. Was really hoping for a skin for a character I actually liked such as Lucio or Mercy. It flew up in the air and... it was Roadhog's Mako skin.

Why game. Why.

Rhaknar

I think I just had the biggest mood whiplash ever. Opened my 39th box, saw the legendary flying up. Really excited because it was my second ever legendary, my first being Roadhog's Islander. Was really hoping for a skin for a character I actually liked such as Lucio or Mercy. It flew up in the air and... it was Roadhog's Mako skin.

Why game. Why.

A drop is a drop. Think of ppl that didnt get any :)

Why game. Why.
I have both Ra and Sunyatta. It's a funny old lottery, lootboxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom