• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Game keeps crashing for me. ;_;

Gonna try upgrading my Nvidia drivers. Weird there's no PC performance thread, that or I missed it.

Or you could play Mei, the best sniper.

She's also the best tank and the best dps. If only she had some sort of heal :(

Sniper Mei? Nobody ain't got that much skill to make it work! D:

Speaking of her though, I just thought Bastion + Mei could do -really- well together. One can put up walls for magic tricks while the other sets themselves up, then their enemies freeze themselves to death in front of a minigun. Better yet you don't need a healer for after the fight because they both have self-heals. IT'S THE PERFECT PLAN.

Unless you're a really good reinhardt I'm more likely to rage against a bad rein who just charges all day without regard to the team situation. Yes, we really needed you charging to the other side of the map as the other team is murdering everyone else.

Including me sometimes. -_- Getting better at judging though.

Yes, I too make poor judgment calls sometimes. <.<

Man the team MM in this game is rough if you aren't paired with friends of equal skill.

Solo queue I get way more even games and when I'm with a buddy who is new to the game it's just stomps, stomps, stomps.

Apathy

man we won a game but because their team had a 100+ dude, some stupid dude on our team was taunting him during the game and after when we won. Why?

Sore winners as bad as sore losers

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It feels worse than no drop lol. No drop means legendary eventually, this pseudo dupe means I have to wait longer for the next one.

No it doesnt. And theres no "timer" on legendary drops its just rng.

Getting any legendary is not worse than white, white, blue, white. It wasnt even a "pseudo dupe", which would be the other shark skin color, it was an actual different skin.

man we won a game but because their team had a 100+ dude, some stupid dude on our team was taunting him during the game and after when we won. Why?

Sore winners as bad as sore losers

EZ

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

Getting any legendary is not worse than white, white, blue, white. It wasnt even a "pseudo dupe", which would be the other shark skin color, it was an actual different skin.

EZ

There's a pity timer for legendaries, 25 boxes.

Cade

And this is based on?

overwatch%20loot%20infographic.png

This, I think

Sorral

Went against two Zaryas. They were winning easily until I switched to Mei. Felt so good because we won two rounds of defense/attack and probably pissed them off in the process as they targeted me and left everyone else. lol

Apathy

lol i fucked an all d.va+lucio team on hanamura b as junk. one rip tire killed their mechs, and then i proceeded to individually kill them. they came back one at a time and it was so easy, they just kept feeding my ult

Permanently A

what I mean is, getting two legendaries in a row is much less likely than getting a legendary after 20 boxes without. so getting this one means I'm further away from one I can actually use

its a pseudo dupe because I can't wear both at the same time. they're obviously different skins but one invalidates the other

Blues1990

What are some solid strategies for playing as Mei? I know her Frost Beam, followed by an Icicle to the face, is her go-to 1v1 combo. And she usually works best with Heroes that have ults that benefits from immobilized enemies, such as D.Va or Zarya.

I would also like to try Roadhog, as he's the only hero in Overwatch that I've yet to play. He's one hell of a meat shield, but he feels incredibly sluggish when he's moving around. Hell of a difference from me playing as Lucio or Mei, for sure.

Overwatch, I want to play you, but your server sucks ass.
~Love, Sir Blaming

What are some solid strategies for playing as Mei? I know her Frost Beam, followed by an Icicle to the face, is her go-to 1v1 combo. And she usually works best with Heroes that have ults that benefits from immobilized enemies, such as D.Va or Zarya.

I would also like to try Roadhog, as he's the only hero in Overwatch that I've yet to play. He's one hell of a meat shield, but I feel incredibly sluggish when he's moving around. Hell of a difference from me playing as Lucio or Mei, for sure.

Mei is good for blocking off turrets and bastions. Do that, and you will help plenty.
You can also force your enemy into a tight space, and pressure them with the icicle

Kindekuma

Banned
Got Overwatch today. Really enjoying playing as McCree, Widowmaker, and Bastion. Gonna try to get into more Tanks and Support positions tomorrow.

Also, GAF. It's
high noon
somewhere.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
ok so i just joined a game and instead of going to character select I was greeted with roadhog standing in hollywood like he was on the title screen. a few minutes of that and I see a mccree and zenyatta fly by fighting like a match was going on. then i was kicked due to inactivity

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh man, I love when teams completely ignore me as Mercy. We kept a team from getting past the second point on Gibraltar, I kept flying all over the place healing my teammates, I only died twice and that was cus I got hit by stray rockets. Aside from that, I had full reign to heal everyone, shit was sweet.

gnexus

Ugh, I keep getting killed by Junkrat's death grenades. I keep forgetting about them, especially as a close range hero like Reaper =/

Just played one of the most hellacious matches I've ever had on Overwatch while playing on Ilious. We lost the first round rather quickly -I was playing as Zarya, and my friend had another Zarya as well and we kept trading and charging our barriers to unleash hell;it didn't end up going well.

Second round he switched over to Junkrat and I picked Genji to really pester the opposition and keep them off balanced. We were down 99% to nothing until we managed to come back and hold it down until we barely got that second round in OT. My other teammates finally wised up and we had a Lucio who kept knocking folks down the well in the center and a Mei who kept building ice barriers to keep the opposition at bay. I'd climb up and throw shurikens from afar, slice in with the sword the jump outta sight. Get health and jump back into the fray. Kept really fucking with their two Tracers and one Mei. Double jumping, running up walls etc.

Third round we started horrible again. Can you believe we were down 99% again when my team finally kicked it into high gear? The opposing team had a Genji and he/she switched to a Pharah and I sliced her ass out the air. Double jumped, and she was low enough that I managed to reach her -that felt fucking awesome, wish PS4 had a quick "PS4 record that" function like Xbox. In the pit on Ilious, I kept hoping around, until my teammate -who had switched to Winston- set up a shield and rampaged the whole lot. We captured it in OT for the second straight round to win the match.

Boy, that shit was fun. The adrenaline high was what Overwatch is all about.

Dunlop

Serious question, do you ever lose at defense?

I find every game on defense the group combination starts out normal but as soon as it turns to the attackers favor everyone just swaps in turret toons for the win. I cannot remember the last time I have lost at defense (and I play solo with PUG's).

The turrets are so hypertuned that if you have 2 or 3 in different locations it becomes too daunting to take out (entrance of Temple of Anubis it is close to impossible with 3 turrets).

Is it just me?

Whales

Banned
Serious question, do you ever lose at defense?

I find every game on defense the group combination starts out normal but as soon as it turns to the attackers favor everyone just swaps in turret toons for the win. I cannot remember the last time I have lost at defense (and I play solo with PUG's).

The turrets are so hypertuned that if you have 2 or 3 in different locations it becomes too daunting to take out (entrance of Temple of Anubis it is close to impossible with 3 turrets).

Is it just me?

yep, too many times i've been on attack, get the irst point easily then egt shut down by toblerones who shit out turrets every 3 secs, bastion with a reinahrdt and mercy covering them

shit is annoying to deal with, especially toblerone, destroying their turrets is almost useless because they either shit others up or just yell MOLTEN CORE and become insane and impossible to kill

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You can get so many gd elims as Symettra. People just don't pay attention as you jump around them and sap their health

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Level 70 and all I got was a crappy loot box.

It really bothers me that you only play D.Va. I mean, dont get me wrong, you can do what you want of course, but it bothers me :)

Level 70 and all I got was a crappy loot box.

You've never played another character? Why not? D.Va is amazing, don't get me wrong and I hope Blizzard finds a way to buff her offense accordingly...but why haven't you played another character? You have 20 other choices.

Dunlop

Brutal bunch of matches today but picked up

350px-Lucio_Skin_Hippityhop.jpg

In a loot chest. Which puts me at 3 legenday at lvl 18. First for a toon I use lol

Blues1990

It really bothers me that you only play D.Va. I mean, dont get me wrong, you can do what you want of course, but it bothers me :)

You've never played another character? Why not? D.Va is amazing, don't get me wrong and I hope Blizzard finds a way to buff her offense accordingly...but why haven't you played another character? You have 20 other choices.

Some people feel comfortable with just playing as a single hero. I know one of my friends exclusively plays as Hanzo, and he's (so far) the only guy that I know that can not only play to Hanzo's strengths, but can do so with a reasonable level of confidence.

I mean, just about every dumb Hanzo player that I've come across pretty much plays like this.

Deadass, that shit bothered me too. I'm like c'mon there has had to be a situation in your 64 hours of play when a change of character was warranted to benefit the team you're playing with and you're telling me you didn't make that call or that it was a hard call? Foh

Dalek

There's nothing more satisfying than shooting Junkrats tire before he kills anyone on your team. fuck you, Junkrats.

R0ckman

Anyone think some of Bastion users use aim bot in robot mode for a slight boost until they can get back in turret form? I have dropped dead surprisingly fast to two bastion I got the drop on. In one other situation he was able to floor me and my friend within about 4 seconds, in robot form. My friend drops dead when we both reach the objective I notice it was Bastion in bot form, and before I turn to kill him (he wpas still facing my friend when I noticed him) I dropped dead. But I missed the kill cam because finding my keyboard to find out what happened.

I was at full health and we had just rushed back from clearing their team from the objective so the Bastion was basically rushing back for the overtime.

Rhaknar

Some people feel comfortable with just playing as a single hero. I know one of my friends exclusively plays as Hanzo, and he's (so far) the only guy that I know that can not only play to Hanzo's strengths, but can do so with a reasonable level of confidence.

I mean, just about every dumb Hanzo player that I've come across pretty much plays like this.

Its a team game specifically made with character switching and counter play in mind and you only play one character so youre playing for yourself, not the team. Even if you only played Mercy, something you arguably always want in your team, but sometimes you want a Lucio (or vice versa)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom