• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

Yup, I never cared about being forced to playing a certain class when I go solo. I never believed I have an obligation to the randoms. I just pick who I'm good at and go with the flow. Usually randoms will quickly switch to another character as soon as they die once anyway.

Took on this attitude since yesterday. My games don't feel any worse because of it. Half the time, the enemy team doesn't have a healer anyway.

This is what happens when you try to help someone, the community is getting more toxic by the day. I'm really getting sick of the "I don't care" or "I play for fun" people who just suck and refuse to improve or take advice and completely handicap the team. Competitive mode can't come soon enough.

Yea I get salty when playing with selfish people. Hopefully competitive play limits one character per team. No character stacking and it'll force people to play different characters and also push away the selfish folks who don't know how to play a team based game.

Permanently A

So I'm playing with this group and they're all significantly better than me, so I tend to default to support so I can actually contribute. I felt decently good about this, consistently getting a card at the end of each game and ask the votes from my teammates. One of them offers to play support since he noticed I did it for quite a few games.

He picked Zen and got 93% match on fire.

How do I git gud?

Symphonic

So I'm playing with this group and they're all significantly better than me, so I tend to default to support so I can actually contribute. I felt decently good about this, consistently getting a card at the end of each game and ask the votes from my teammates. One of them offers to play support since he noticed I did it for quite a few games.

How do I git gud?

Zen's the easiest support to stay on fire IMO, I've gotten 96% or so before. With him there is ALWAYS something you can do (either attaching orbs or attack) so just constantly stay on top of all your shit and you should be golden.

XenoRaven

How do I git gud?
Zen is one of the easiest heroes to stay on fire with. Just make sure people who are hurt or people who are going in to fight have Harmony Orb, and then just poke from behind walls/payload/Reinhardt shield with Discord Orb and regular attacks.

No one can put out as much simultaneous damage and healing as Zen. As long as he's protected or not targeted you just press buttons and watch the fire meter build.

Frostburn

How do I git gud?

He is my go to hero when my team sucks but I'm stuck on Support since I can debuff the enemy team, get some good kills in and still heal. If the other team have a good tracer or Reaper I'm screwed but other than that I can help push my team in the right direction where if I'm Mercy or Lucio and my team never pushes the objective and can't kill anyone I'm just dead over and over again. I have NO problem playing a support hero but it is hard to watch the team be terrible and feed the enemy hero's ults over and over again without getting any kills or objectives done.

Ardenyal

Took on this attitude since yesterday. My games don't feel any worse because of it. Half the time, the enemy team doesn't have a healer anyway.

Some kind of matchmaking rating must be at play. I haven't seen games without proper tanks/healers on opposing team since after first week.

Moonkeis

There's nothing more satisfying than gunning down a annoying Tracer/Reaper that keeps targeting you when playing Mercy. "You have a weapon?!"

Question to everyone:

Who's your worst character? Not least favourite, but actually worst.

I can't get my Genji groove on. When I play with GAFfers like Nooblet, I'm in awe how effectively he can wreck a defense but when I'm in the driver's seat, he's seemingly made of paper.

had a good game with someone who invited me to their group.

was doing KOTH on Ilios. we went back and forth on wins, We won first, then they won second, and we won the last.

i think the highlight for me was wallriding back up the well :D
and two wall ride up on the other map that's not the ruins.

then we played a round on hanamura where we were on attack.. well that didn't go so well. fucking symmetra.

Oh yes.

I guess a jungle type environment isnt present either.

winston needs a map. tree full of peanut butter.

MNC

Wow roadhog's hook is a lot of fun. Still haven't even tried out all characters.

One issue: connection still drops like a madman halfway a match (my WiFi times out for like, 3 seconds from time to time) and its enough for overwatch to drop me from the game :( any ideas or help for that?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The stats at Masteroverwatch are pretty interesting.

D.Va has a 53.3% winrate and McCree has a 49.3% winrate. Also, Lucio >> Mercy.

Toblerone is the console player slayer #1 with a 68% winrate!

Pubs =/= competition play.

Also is reaper supposed to murder me as zarya? Because holy shit I feel like I can't win a reaper match up at all.

I'm now a Zarya believer. Been on a little roll with her. Especially good against teams/people that don't know when to stop shooting her or the people I shield, but seems good regardless. Like using Goth skin for added salt.

Hasney

I'm still in the house waiting for an Amazon delivery so I'm just going to try and not care. If the line up is shit, I'll be a tank so I don't have to wait to respawn and just try to have fun not bothering with the objective. I'm talking like my last game of 2 Tor, 2 Genii and a Tracer on defence. If the lineup is good bar support, I'll go Lucio or whatever we need to try and get the win.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I'm experimenting this morning. I ALWAYS go healer when we don't have one.

I've never played Mei, so I figured I'd give her a shot and practice. 8 games in a row, and we haven't had one healer.

It's so absurd.

Pubs =/= competition play.

Also is reaper supposed to murder me as zarya? Because holy shit I feel like I can't win a reaper match up at all.

Reaper is pretty strong against tanks in general, his DPS is so high and tank bodies are generally so big that his full shotgun blasts land constantly. You'll have a hard time as a tank burning down a Reaper before he kills you, plus he can just reset the fight with this invulnerability.

Only 25g away from getting my legendary Pharah costume, but part of me wants to learn Torbjorn and buy one of those sick pirate skins. Decisions D=

Ardenyal

Also, Lucio >> Mercy.

Makes sense for pubs. Lucio has at least some solo survivability while Mercy has a "Look! Here I am!" beam.

No one cares about keeping support alive in pubs.

The most amazing thing happened the other day.

I played on pubs and everyone was using their mics, co-ordinating their attacks, talking about switching heroes, grouping up. It's such a weird thing to see. I hope ranked is going to be like that.

You probably matched with a 5 man group.

Tabby

The most amazing thing happened the other day.

I played on pubs and everyone was using their mics, co-ordinating their attacks, talking about switching heroes, grouping up. It's such a weird thing to see. I hope ranked is going to be like that.

Auctopus

How many times did you disconnect? It's not like you get it from leaving once.

It's a perfectly fair penalty to discourage leavers.

Twice in about 10 minutes. I'm trying to figure out when it stops because I'm losing 3/4 XP and there's no indication that it won't be just forever, hence me asking if anyone knew when it actually did stop.

How many times did you disconnect? It's not like you get it from leaving once.

It's a perfectly fair penalty to discourage leavers.
I would actually prefer if the penalty for quitters was a bit steeper. Right now it's like the penalties in Call of Duty where you just lose experience for that match and it's treated as a loss. It's not really noticeable enough to discourage quitting.

Something like what Rocket League has would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom