• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repo Man

My experience with the game and its matchmaking has been generally positive but tonight I seem to have hit the night of the shits! ( and no I don't mean the "runs" )

Guess its sunday and everyone and their cousin are trying to get a game or 2 in. I expect things to normalise around 9am tomorrow morning.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Seagull playing McCree.

Its not even fair for someone to be this good.

Dude has amazing aim. If he's a pro basketball player, I'm the last kid to get picked in 3rd grade PE by comparison.

THAT SAID, he has his own dedicated healer giving him buffs throughout, and his almost exclusive Reihardt shield. So yes, he's good. But he has two people almost dedicating themselves to his game/skill.When I pocket Mercy for my friend's McCree, we got a solid ~15-20 eliminations in a row multiple times.

Fucking hell. While I overcame 4 Tors fairly handily, we went into this match against 5 Roadhogs... And killed them pretty handily for control point A on Volskaya

Then they had 5 Tors and one Bastion... All setup on those fucking moving platforms. Maybe the weekend is full of boring players or something because jesus christ tonight sucks. Please bring back mystery hero as a permanent game mode if you won't do custom servers...

How did you overcome all those Tors? Having too many of them seems like the biggest "broken" aspect of the game. I think the turrets have too far of a range and don't take enough damage considering a Tor can run around and keep them healthy after a few hits.

I really do kind of wish Blizzard locked out heroes. I enjoy playing almost all of them so it wouldn't bother me if a hero I wanted at that moment was taken.

R0ckman

Riiiiiight...

Only been impressed by one who was on my team and they were aware of what was going on with teamates, otherwise I easily kill them, I remember killing her a lot on a payload mission and someone asked me why she was not dying and I was thinking "Are we in the same game?" She was going into the fray a lot by herself and I guess the other player was fighting her alone or everytime she returned, he was a tank that died a lot.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Dude has amazing aim. If he's a pro basketball player, I'm the last kid to get picked in 3rd grade PE by comparison.

THAT SAID, he has his own dedicated healer giving him buffs throughout, and his almost exclusive Reihardt shield. So yes, he's good. But he has two people almost dedicating themselves to his game/skill.When I pocket Mercy for my friend's McCree, we got a solid ~15-20 eliminations in a row multiple times.

True, but he'd also be the first to admit that.

Then again, this is how the folks I play with do it. Our slayers (one a game) almost always have a pocket Mercy at all times. Might as well maximise our damage output right?

I've cleansed myself of the post game salt. I know longer succumb to the urge to vote for that sole blue card at the end of a lost game, that Pharah 21% direct rocket hit card, over someone's godlike performance.

Two Words

A good adjustment for McCree's flash bomb would be to make it just work like a flash bang grenade like Counter Strike. It does noting to impede your movement, but you're blinded for a short moment.

R0ckman

I'm more surprised that their enemy group never once proritized targets and seem to never do it in his videos. Half of his team is sacrificed to his outputting the DPS.

Sou Da

A good adjustment for McCree's flash bomb would be to make it just work like a flash bang grenade like Counter Strike. It does noting to impede your movement, but you're blinded for a short moment.
I said the same thing on the official forums. Got downvoted.

I suppose that messes up the idea that mcree can use his flash to shut down ults.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the dupes are real

Z4xpCpe.jpg

I think the problem with that is it would eliminate its purpose, which is to counter Tracers and Genjis.

Auctopus

My game is freaking out, can't see my gun and players are flying all over the place. Don't wanna quit as I'll probably be put on the quitters list again.

Edit: whoah, it won't even let me leave the game. Something is properly fucked.

Edit: joined another game and it's the same thing. This isn't fair, I'm gonna get punished because of their bug.

How did you overcome all those Tors? Having too many of them seems like the biggest "broken" aspect of the game. I think the turrets have too far of a range and don't take enough damage considering a Tor can run around and keep them healthy after a few hits.

I really do kind of wish Blizzard locked out heroes. I enjoy playing almost all of them so it wouldn't bother me if a hero I wanted at that moment was taken.
Turrets only have 200 health, they're stupid easy to kill, just shoot them

I love it when people wait until the last bit of the game to start talking about how other people are messing up.

Why did that one dude switch to Hanzo? Well, you were both our two snipers throughout the entire game even though we're on offense. Two Hanzos isn't going to make it any harder to push than having a Hanzo and a Widowmaker that can't hit the broad side of a barn.

R0ckman

They require coordination, most groups trickle up to the last minute. So even if you do destroy them, its nullified if your team can't profit. You'll go right back to square one as he builds new ones while they are on respawn.

Many times when a team is aware of turrets, they never wait as a group with some people destroying them, they continue to trickle.

It's not that easy when there are 2-3 of them in a place like temple or valskia where the attackers are funneled in at a distance and the Tors are sitting back there healing the Turrets immediately.

They require coordination, most groups trickle up to the last minute. So even if you do destroy them, its nullified if your team can't profit. You'll go right back to square one as he builds new ones while they are on respawn.

Many times when a team is aware of turrets, they never wait as a group with some people destroying them, they continue to trickle.

Yeah this is a big problem.

Pastry

Banned
Hanamura is such a shit map. There needs to be at least one alternate path past that goddamn choke point. The constant use of choke points really highlights Blizzard's limitations on map design.

Putting a 6-8s cooldown on fan the hammer is probably all McCree really needs to no longer be the clear cut choice of DPS. Remove his ability to instantly kill tanks or multiple DPS with the roll combo and it'll make characters like Soldier far more reasonable options. They could also remove the reload from roll and make the roll a slightly shorter CD to make him more mobile to compensate for his DPS nerfs.

Flashbang is probably fine the way it is, even though its frustrating to fight against, it should stay the way it is so that Tracer/Genji don't just become the plague McCree currently is, he should be a strong counter to certain heroes and be a good anti-flanker. The problem is he's a strong counter to basically every hero due his DPS. Making it that you only want to have 1 McCree most of the time instead of 2 opens up more spots for the likes of Soldier, Reaper or Genji.

X-Frame

I'm having tons of fun with Zenyetta (PS4). I'm guessing he is less viable right now on PC because of Widow and Hanzo being a lot more effective, but if Zen gets a buff on both PC and Console I cannot wait!

Luigi87

Hanamura is such a shit map. There needs to be at least one alternate path past that goddamn choke point. The constant use of choke points really highlights Blizzard's limitations on map design.

I don't mind their use of choke points much, but that one on Hanamura to get to the first capture point is pretty damn annoying. Heroes that lack vertical mobility options are forced through it.

Hanamura is such a shit map. There needs to be at least one alternate path past that goddamn choke point.

There is, above it. One of the ways I've seen Hanamura lost quickly is when mobile teams just go above the the choke and just run left behind the point. Have a Genji and a Winston draw the attention away from the front so your less mobile members can get in and flank from both side.

There's a tendency for defense to push really hard in front of the point on Hanamura thinking there's only one good way in and that's when they lose.

dakun

yeah.. so after thinking about it for a week i got the game on PC and i don't regret it one bit. I basically stopped playing FPS games for years with exception for the big single player FPS (Bioshock, Deus Ex etc)
I was quite skeptical when people said that this game brings the fun back for people who were quite tired of shooters. But now i couldn't agree more. The characters are awesome and unique enough you basically have a different experience everytime you start up the game. I'm quite happy being support and actually feeling useful for a change.

My only gripe with the game are the micro transactions and the lack of more story to flesh out the characters.

Pastry

Banned
There is, above it. One of the ways I've seen Hanamura lost quickly is when mobile teams just go above the the choke and just run left behind the point. Have a Genji and a Winston draw the attention away from the front so your less mobile members can get in and flank from both side.

There's a tendency for defense to push really hard in front of the point on Hanamura thinking there's only one good way in and that's when they lose.

That's not an alternate path, it still goes right through the same point. You can effectively defend both of those at once.

Demoskinos

I'll usually try to do exactly that with Winston. Just rush in get on the point and force the other team to pay attention to me long enough for my team to get in the gate.

Owzers

If you pick turret guy on a non defense game I hope you have a good plan, I don't think my Hollywood attack stage turret guy teammate made the right choice, we lacked attackers.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is it usually better to stick all 6 Symmetra's turrets in the same spot(more or less) or to spread them? I got a feeling 1 or 2 turrets on top of a door won't be enough to actually matter.

i have a problem.

every single time i'm on defense i automatically choose symmetra :|

I fail to see the problem there. :)

Granted, some maps are more conducive to her turrets than others. But for the first point especially, that teleporter can really win the match.

Now, sticking with Sym after the first point is lost, that's a problem.

Is it usually better to stick all 6 Symmetra's turrets in the same spot(more or less) or to spread them? I got a feeling 1 or 2 turrets on top of a door won't be enough to actually matter.

I usually do three and three at the two major flanking points. Enough to take out squishies if they are slow to react.

Hex

Banned

I think people do not realize that some people have moves which shorten the effect alot.
Reaper always does this to me. Genji reflecting it is also a pain, and when I throw it at the ground he jumps higher than its range.Zarya and her damned bubble...Reinhart's shield...
I think the main fix is to give his roll a longer cool down, or make his roll faster but it does not reload.
One fan will rarely kill unless you get a perfect headshot.
Taking away the evade/reload would do the job

It's not that easy when there are 2-3 of them in a place like temple or valskia where the attackers are funneled in at a distance and the Tors are sitting back there healing the Turrets immediately.

Yeah this is a big problem.
The only one who torb can maybe out heal the damage of is Winston. If Pharah can get a line of sight on the turret there's literally nothing he can do to stop it, then you can just keep shooting when he tries to put up a new one and you'll destroy it before it ever gets a shot off, and even if it does he can't make it level two if its damaged so as long as you don't let him sit there and hammer it a bunch then he'll never get it built again.

I think people do not realize that some people have moves which shorten the effect alot.
Reaper always does this to me. Genji reflecting it is also a pain, and when I throw it at the ground he jumps higher than its range.Zarya and her damned bubble...Reinhart's shield...
I think the main fix is to give his roll a longer cool down, or make his roll faster but it does not reload.
One fan will rarely kill unless you get a perfect headshot.
Taking away the evade/reload would do the job
You can throw it over Reinhardt's shield, Zarya's bubble only last two seconds and once it's gone he can still fan>roll>fan, and there's not a Genji alive that'll be able to react to you throwing it at the ground instead of at them.

A character like Winston will kill all 6 of your turrets at once if you put them together but if you want to try to get one low effort kill without you fighting then set up a trap like that.

J Range

What i like to do is spread them out in a small room with a health pack in it. One that the enemy team with need to use when pushing. They usually will go in low on health in desperation and get ambushed by the turrets. Easy kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom