• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

-MD-

The one thing that bugs me in this game is how fucking fast all the ultis load up.
No, Mercy should not be able to resurrect 3 times in 2 minutes and no, Reaper should not have his insta kill ult ready in under a minute.

Lost a game in lijang tower yesterday because the enemy Reaper had his ult ready literally everytime we ran into the spot after he killed us with his previous ult

Yeah the charge rate on some of the ults in this game are ridiculous, for certain heroes like Tracer a quicker charge makes sense, for heroes like Reaper and especially Mercy like you mentioned it's just broken.

Gotta love when a Mercy gets 2 or 3 ults off in an overtime.

Kurita

So Lucio is pretty fun to play. His bump is great when there's ledges.

Not sure how to use his wall run to the fullest though, I rarely do it. Tips?

Xeteh

The one thing that bugs me in this game is how fucking fast all the ultis load up.
No, Mercy should not be able to resurrect 3 times in 2 minutes and no, Reaper should not have his insta kill ult ready in under a minute.

Lost a game in lijang tower yesterday because the enemy Reaper had his ult ready literally everytime we ran into the spot after he killed us with his previous ult

Ults charge really fast if you've got good aim because the more damage you do the faster it charges. Honestly, if Reaper's ult was giving you so much trouble try Roadhog or D.Va, they can both nullify it. D.Va's Defense matrix eats it up and Roadhog can hook him.

Ults charging fast is part of the game.

So Lucio is pretty fun to play. His bump is great when there's ledges.

Not sure how to use his wall run to the fullest though, I rarely do it. Tips?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH0ePK5ia50

That guy gives some basic advice. I find it really hard to be good with it though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
haly what anime ur avatar is from pls thx ?

Re:Zero

5688-384598851.png

cheeky.gif

Yeah the charge rate on some of the ults in this game are ridiculous, for certain heroes like Tracer a quicker charge makes sense, for heroes like Reaper and especially Mercy like you mentioned it's just broken.

Gotta love when a Mercy gets 2 or 3 ults off in an overtime.

If a Mercy is getting 2-3 ults off in an overtime she's working her ass off.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm not sure which is worse, Hanamura B or Anubis B. Hanamura has that bastion/turret/hanzo coverage but Anubis B has a ton of nooks and crannies for Junkrats/Mercies to hide in and then fuck up your shit.

pigeon

Banned
Huh. Well, today I learned that people don't know how to use Pharah to take out turrets. This explains a lot. I guess next time I'll do it, then. Thanks!

I know how to do it, like I said, she's just not that good at it. Anybody with slow moving, no falloff projectiles can peek and poke to get rid of turrets just as easily. Lucio and Genji can sustain while doing so. All of Pharah's strengths are negated while she's hiding behind a pillar to destroy turrets and then running for health packs.

DrArchon

I'm not sure which is worse, Hanamura B or Anubis B. Hanamura has that bastion/turret/hanzo coverage but Anubis B has a ton of nooks and crannies for Junkrats/Mercies to hide in and then fuck up your shit.

Every single point B for the 3 asymmetrical control maps is awful to attack in pub matches. Bastion and Torbjorn are braindead easy to play and tough to beat without a coordinated team, which you never get in pubs. I can't remember the last time I lost on Volskaya when I was playing as Torbjorn. No one seems to be able to get past two turrets and a decent sniper on any of those maps.

Looks like a custom game, perhaps with the "skirmish" thing edited in.

Yes its a custom game. Me and some friends did some fun shit where we just did air battles as Genji using the charge and infinite rocket jump with Pharah to do air battles.

Also did 6v6 Roadhog with 3 second cooldown on hook on Ilios to pull people into the hole. Was awesome

Does anyone else just get random rubberbanding or lag? I have a good connection normally but i have problems playing this game, and it seems to be only this really.

So how do the highlights get saved? Are these your POTGs? Do they all get saved?
1.the game auto saves them
2.they are just your best plays in the match, not just if you get POTG
3. Not yet, but I think they are adding a system to save your highlights

Mupod

Last night my friend got accused of cheating by the entire enemy team because was hiding in a bush as Bastion with the green skin. I'm sure whoever reviews those reports will get a good laugh, at least.

Not as easy as you think.
The rocket travel time makes it take finesse.
I do it, hell it is why I started playing her but my main problems are that I kill one and by the time I wrap around another is built because my team is off lolligagging or I will pop Concuss Tor away and pop the Turret and he is just building where he landed.
And if I happen to trade with the turret and kill it and still die because of shot travel time by the time I get back it is back.

I will constantly pop turrets and say "Ok let's crash the party" and then I see nobody lol.

Yeah, that's the worst part, Torbjorn just being able to pop turrets as often as he wants. Symmetra is different because she can't rebuild 6 turrets at once if she screws up a placement and gets them all blasted, but there's essentially no penalty for a Torbjorn losing a turret. He doesn't even have to go get more scrap or anything.

Anyways, my original point was that apparently I have to be the one to try and pop turrets whenever I'm in a game, because no one else bothers. It doesn't matter if it's Pharah or someone else, but we could all be working towards destroying the turrets and no one even seems to care. The fact that Pharah is apparently so bad at busting turrets and yet I end up being the one to do it half the time while playing Pharah is evidence of this.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
My new favorite thing is to start a Reinhardt charge very far away and in the enemy group's blind spot. Not only is it hilarious, but it actually has broken up some really tough groups and gotten me a number of multikills.

Nazo

Just a heads up, but be careful using that MaterOverwatch site people have been using to see their ranks. I was redirected to a fraudulent Adobe site saying I needed to update my Flash player. I might have just simply scrolled over an ad and it opened but I don't think I did so keep an eye out.

Hex

Banned
Just a heads up, but be careful using that MaterOverwatch site people have been using to see their ranks. I was redirected to a fraudulent Adobe site saying I needed to update my Flash player. I might have just simply scrolled over an ad and it opened but I don't think I did so keep an eye out.

Yeah on any of those sites I refuse to link my Battlenet account.
You do not have to link to use the site fortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom