• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sou Da

I finally nutted up enough to spend some of the credits I've been hoarding.

I chose this since I play Mr. Hog quite a lot:

latest

You didn't pick the Mako skin, blew it.

Played a game with McCree and got 26 eliminations (I'm not as good as Seagull, I know, but still). I got a bunch of votes at the end too. Next game, I see three McCrees on the enemy team and another McCree on my team, lol. I made it a little goal to take out all the McCrees, and I did get the gold in eliminations again. Fun times with good ol' flashbang-McCree.

Hanamura point B

Your opinion?

More balanced than point A. If your team got the objective on point A, then they'll probably get point B too. That's usually how it goes. Lots of entry points for point B means plenty of opportunity to flank and to wipe the defenders out with ults, however the open field also makes you a pretty easy target if you're not careful.

Canucked

After a week of great performance, I've had four disconnects from battle.net today. Some crap matches with choppy stuff going on. I don't think it's on my end, but I guess Overwatch is getting a break.

Soma

man.

clutch enemy team mercy rezzes when we held the point for 99% and aren't able to get it back is heart breaking.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Who are the better Twitch and YouTube Overwatch content creators? I'm a big fan of Kripp, Hafu, Kibler for Hearthstone.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
It's good that B points are difficult to capture, the offense needs a good team push to be able to capture it.

R0ckman

Had the most fucking infuriating match just now. For some reason my right trigger on my controller wasn't working whenever I was looking at certain opponents it felt like. I could fire my guns fine normally, but when certain people entered the frame they just jammed up and nothing happened. It was the weirdest thing. Numerous times I'd run up to someone as Tracer and stand there doing nothing even though I was holding down the right trigger.

HEY THIS EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. I thought it was my controller, I was playing Tracer. I quit the game and relaunched it and had no issues since though.

Hasney

How did you overcome all those Tors? Having too many of them seems like the biggest "broken" aspect of the game. I think the turrets have too far of a range and don't take enough damage considering a Tor can run around and keep them healthy after a few hits.

I really do kind of wish Blizzard locked out heroes. I enjoy playing almost all of them so it wouldn't bother me if a hero I wanted at that moment was taken.

So it was 4 Tors and 2 Reins, so they setup in the same place and shielded them... And I kinda crouched behind they payload where they couldn't see me and pass by every time they setup.

R0ckman

Played a game with McCree and got 26 eliminations (I'm not as good as Seagull, I know, but still). I got a bunch of votes at the end too. Next game, I see three McCrees on the enemy team and another McCree on my team, lol. I made it a little goal to take out all the McCrees, and I did get the gold in eliminations again. Fun times with good ol' flashbang-McCree.

More balanced than point A. If your team got the objective on point A, then they'll probably get point B too. That's usually how it goes. Lots of entry points for point B means plenty of opportunity to flank and to wipe the defenders out with ults, however the open field also makes you a pretty easy target if you're not careful.

Thats pretty good though man. In some Seagull shotdowns he has half the team dedicated to him, if you are with pubs doing that, its impressive.

Nickle

4Z5AMXY.jpg

Guys, what did I just do?
I imagine healing multiple characters means you get elimination credit from each of them. If DVA, Pharah, and Soldier 76 all inflict damage on 1 enemy while you are buffing them, it probably counts as 3 eliminations for you.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Got to level 70 just a minute ago~! o/
Starting to like McCree and Widowmaker more now that I got into the groove of them a bit but I switch to Widowmaker if the situation calls for it mid-match or if someone else doesn't snipe.

Sou Da

Mako is trash bruh

It's not even the best version of that skin, the red and white one with the tan shark is better.

He's got a fucking shark on his head, either way you fucked up.

Also I just don't care for that one, the chain sound still being there even though he has a rope irritates me.

R0ckman

I kind of want a character that has a silence debuff that prevents supers for like 5 seconds would be more interestimg that having to target Mercy first everydamn game. It gets boring.

Thats pretty good though man. In some Seagull shotdowns he has half the team desicated to him, if you are with pubs doing that, its impressive.

Thanks, yeah it was with pugs. It was a record for my McCree.

If I mostly play Mercy, Lucio, Reinhardt and Pharah and I already have the Valkyrie skin (which is amazing), what Legendary do I buy?

The Mercu, Reinhard and Pharah legendaries are all pretty cool. I especially want one of Reinhardts myself.

1000 coins is too much though; I'm spending it on highlight intros and victory poses instead. The legendary costumes for my mains don't impress me too much anyway.

That's some bullshit. It's way harder to take B than A in hanamura. There are many many times, with full 6 person groups, that we've taken A but not B. A is hard to breach, sure, but it doesn't have the benefit of almost immediate reinforcements that B does. A also is a much smaller space with am obstacle in the middle, making it easy for speedster heroes like Tracer or genji to flank and kite. B is wide wide open so once you're on the point you better have your team backing you up or you're done for. B also has many spots for snipers to snipe, bastion to get multi kills, and torbs to set up making sure that even if you get past initial defenses you're done for. Hanamura B and Anubis B are the two worst capture points to try and take.

That's some bullshit. It's way harder to take B than A in hanamura. There are many many times, with full 6 person groups, that we've taken A but not B. A is hard to breach, sure, but it doesn't have the benefit of almost immediate reinforcements that B does. A also is a much smaller space with am obstacle in the middle, making it easy for speedster heroes like Tracer or genji to flank and kite. B is wide wide open so once you're on the point you better have your team backing you up or you're done for. B also has many spots for snipers to snipe, bastion to get multi kills, and torbs to set up making sure that even if you get past initial defenses you're done for. Hanamura B and Anubis B are the two worst capture points to try and take.

The two points do require two completely different strategies, which is interesting and well-thought out. Still, I don't think point B is particularly difficult. Yeah, the enemy team spawns nearby, but again, you can wipe out the whole team with your ults and then get the objective while their respawning. Also, by going to the right, you can get all the way to their spawn location and flank them. Bring a Reaper or McCree to the right and you can wipe them out fairly easily. There are several places for your Widowmaker, Bastion or Torbjörn to attack too.

Meanwhile, a well-guarded point A is really difficult to get through.

Point B on Anubis is probably the most difficult defensive point to capture though, imo.

I work a night shift from 9pm to 7am, got off work this morning and treated myself to a decent breakfast out. Got home, hopped on to play a few rounds of Overwatch like I have been since the game launched (I usually just go until I get my "Win of the Day" and then go to bed)... Got invited to play with a friend and his brothers, and just now put the game down. I've been awake for like 20 hours now... Debating whether or not I want to sleep on my normal schedule at all today, and maybe just stay awake and retire at a regular bedtime.

So much fun, though... Groups have always been fun since launch but this is the most coordinated and socially entertaining group I've played with yet. Just lost the time -- literally did not bother to check the time until 30 minutes or so prior to calling it quits, when I had a genuinely surprised reaction to how long I'd been playing.

Kenaras

Is it usually better to stick all 6 Symmetra's turrets in the same spot(more or less) or to spread them? I got a feeling 1 or 2 turrets on top of a door won't be enough to actually matter.

1-2 will act as a warning that a flanker is using that path, and soften them up a little. 3-4 will cause significant damage. 5-6 can easily get solo eliminations, but it's also putting all your eggs in one basket. After the initial surprise kill(s), you're probably going to lose all your turrets.

Hanamura point B

Your opinion?

Defense spawn is way too close to the point. It can take a full team wipe to clear the point, and that might not even be enough depending on respawn timers.

Also not a terribly huge fan of the second path (to the flank and upper areas) only being open to a few characters.

A point is more problematic, but on the whole, not a fan of the map.

Defense spawn is way too close to the point. It can take a full team wipe to clear the point, and that might not even be enough depending on respawn timers.

Also not a terribly huge fan of the second path (to the flank and upper areas) only being open to a few characters.

A point is more problematic, but on the whole, not a fan of the map.

The spawns points are right next to the capture area on all three point B's.

And what do you mean with it only being open to a few characters? All characters can take the stairs to the right.

Kinsei

Banned
I think I found my main, Lucio is so goo that I'm having trouble picking other characters. Darting around and doing things like getting behind a Reinhardt and blasting him out of the way so my team can get a clear shot at a Bastion or wall running up to a Hanzo or Widowmaker and taking them out from behind is just too much fun. The only downside for me is his ult because I only play pubs and it's pretty much impossible to coordinate with people.

Moonkeis

I wish offense players would take the time to aim and take out the sniper on the roof. But no, Mercy here will do your job for you.

This game has the same problem as TF2 (and probably any number of Dota-likes). Everyone stands around taking shots at the enemy team, while 2-3 people take the initiative and actually flank and coordinate.

It's not a shootout. The only people who should be in the middle are tanks, healers, and probably 76 and Hanzo. People throw themselves at the point in hopes that they'll somehow wipe the entire team themselves or something?

Nickle

So do most of the complaints about Torbjorn come from console users? I've heard that he's a lot better on console because people can't quickly aim to kill his sentry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom