• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

I wish you could filter out which mode you want to play. I've been getting KOTH way too much these past few days, starting to hate that mode.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
just bought the art book + postcards on ebay

do they restock the Tracer statue?

also, does anyone have breakdowns on how timers work in the game? ie, how much time is added per checkpoint

Zaventem

Finally got Hanzos 4 kill trophy. Had to flank to pull it off thanks to everyone dodging out the way of the slightest sound of the dragon now.

Xeteh

Finally got a potg to be happy about.

Fixing it.

Way more work to capture and what not than it was worth but oh well.

My friend saved me with the clutch Sound Barrier

Edit: Hmm, it cut off the end. Goddamnit.

i have it on x still
Yeah but to be able to wall ride you need to have your thumbs in both sticks so it does not work.

Ok. So I just tried to change jump to L1 and placed my secondary weapon to square since I don't use reloading much anyway but.. this is really stupid, if I assign square to anything else than reloading then I cannot change characters mid game because it seems that's the only button foreseen for that!! Wtf?!

kiguel182

Lol, I'm usually pretty cool with letting players play who they want out the gate, but today on Attack we had a Widow and a Hanzo and was getting shit done, so I kindly typed in the chat that maybe we should switch out a sniper as we need people on the point and the Hanzo changed to a Widow so we had two widows... Not sure if it was trolling me to be honest. In the last 10 seconds they switched to Genji and Tracer and didn't have time to get to the point. We lost.

The game is super helpful in telling you what the team needs. It's very frustrating when some people don't even try.

Not that I'm the best player in the world but at least I try to play for the team and not some character because he is my main or something.

the games gives you so many tools to balance your team but some people will never want to try I guess.

Canucked

I'm the only tank on our team. I pull to the side to wait for the health to respawn before pushing the payload through the last corner. 1/5 health.

Why wouldn't the 1/2 health Junkrat come and stand on the health spawn while I have my shield up?

I'm finding people legitimately don't know how payloads work. It's frustrating.

TrueBlue

Man, I don't even get POTG after self-destructing D.Va's mech and taking it out like four turrets and two enemies in one burst.

Still won the match, which is most important, but damn.

I prefer to think of it as being a martyr to spark the fighting spirit of my team to follow me into a glorious dawn. It works sometimes... And even if it doesn't it's better for there to be at least one person trying to make something happen than to just sit there with the rest of them being a part of the problem.

I love playing Winston and trying to just disrupt the point and pull a few people off it chasing me, but it's super frustrating when you break up the defense but your team just sits back and doesn't run in..

Like I can't take the point and kill every player alone.

Tickles me when Mcree cards show that 80%+ of their kills are from fanning the hammer.

1EAOOLK.jpg

Apathy

What about a glass cannon single target low health DPS is cancer? Because she's fast?

the fact shes hard to hit and even on a direct hit she can restore her full health. fuck that. lucky i can aim my nades and fuck up 99% of all tracers

Someone is already level 122. Jesus. Get a life. Played against them.

I never understand this insult. This is their hobby, like people that go to the gym or build models or some shit, this is their fun

ramyeon

I mean, you really shouldn't complain about his argumentation being poor (indirectly) when you didn't argue for your opinion at all yourself.

Overtime is really good. Gives you a chance for another push. Great for close calls.
Pretty much this. Can't expect a good argument when you haven't made any points yourself.

I agree re: overtime too. I've had so many rounds where the team finally gets their shit together in overtime and somehow makes an amazing final push to secure an objective. It's not like it's unfair in anyway and makes for some amazing tension.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
When my team is full of Hanzo's and Widow's and Reaper's, I go Symmetra and troll with the tele.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
You're going to have to fill me in. Haven't had problems with rat yet.
This is what immediately comes to mind, now I'm on PC so maybe I'm just facing really great TF2 demoman pros but:

-Two direct shots from his grenades can kill any 200 health or less character
-His trap and mine stays in place when he dies.
-Tracer can't reverse out of his trap
-Mercy can't shift fly to a player over his trap
-Zenyatta can't float over his trap. Let me repeat that: ZENYATTA CAN'T FLOAT OVER HIS TRAP.
-You can't shoot his trap when you're trapped in it, neither can your teammates.
-He explodes when he dies.
-His Riptire charges incredibly fast.
-His reload animation is at the moment too fast as he can just repeatedly spam his grenades as an offensive wall that would make Bastion be ashamed.
-Did I mention he's really powerful?

He's basically an offense character. Honestly if anything McCree and Junkrat should switch role placement.

Sou Da

Thoughts?

So I've been seeing a lot of requests for new game modes and for Blizzard to implement CTF, TDM, etc. But do those modes "fit" the game?

It got me thinking; what game mode could Blizzard implement sooner than later?

I had the following goals in mind when coming up with "Team Race":
-Easy to implement from a technology standpoint.
-Use existing mechanics.
-Use existing map models.
-Use existing hero switching and spawn dynamics.
-NOT be a drastic gameplay change.

I present Team Race:
-The Payloads are ALWAYS in motion unless an attacker contests it.
-Each team has their own Payload.
-All teams are on Offense AND Defense, no need for round switching.
-Games are timer based and a team wins based on what percentage of the map they travelled (if no team makes it to the end).
-Two or THREE teams (3rd team does not break the Tank/Support/Defense/Offense meta)
-(4v4v4: as a bonus, groups of 4 may have a better experience when queuing)

I took the liberty of making some example maps.
Please see the attached image. (Green boxes are buildings)

Picture: http://i.imgur.com/erc4AAB.jpg

Would love to know what everything thinks.
-Trizzor
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745204709

Sou Da

This is what immediately comes to mind, now I'm on PC so maybe I'm just facing really great TF2 demoman pros but:

-Zenyatta can't float over his trap. Let me repeat that: ZENYATTA CAN'T FLOAT OVER HIS TRAP.
-You can't shoot his trap when you're trapped in it, neither can your teammates.
-His reload animation is at the moment too fast as he can just repeatedly spam his grenades as an offensive wall that would make Bastion be ashamed.

He's basically an offense character. Honestly if anything McCree and Junkrat should switch role placement.

Tracer and Zenyatta not being able to escape seem like the outstanding issues.

Blues1990

I finally nutted up enough to spend some of the credits I've been hoarding.

I chose this since I play Mr. Hog quite a lot:

latest

I'm about 50/50 with most of the Legendary skins in the game, but I love the design of the Islander/Toa skin. It's a shame that I suck playing as Roadhog, or else I would also get those and the Mako/Sharkbait skins for him, as well.

Roadhog_Skin_Mako.jpg

Roadhog_Skin_Sharkbait.jpg

Gorillaz

Sometimes pubs really are the worst.

We are atacking and there's two Widow on our team. Just why?

Because they want to play that character. Unfortunately not everyone looks at the roster and then makes a decision.

I mentioned this back in the beta and people waved it off saying "it's just a new game guys things will change once it's been out".

It honestly won't. People will like what they like and say fuck it.

Snipe him, jump in as Winston and set a energy shield, it deflects the grenades, I think. I kill a lot of spamming junk rats with Winston. Roadhog might be good too, and dva can chase him down. Pharah is pretty tough for him to hit in midair as well.

You do need a tank and you should stay mobile.

Gorillaz

so who takes out turrets/bastion/ other snipers on defense?

tracers behind enemy line
Zenny with his discord orb wrecks bastion in mil seconds
roadhog can unhook a stationary bastion

widow is not as needed as people think she is or even as great. I dont really care about her ult because you can hear them walking a half a mile away with no headphones

A case can be made for Hanzo

Tors are really starting to piss me off. Just played against two in Gibraltar and one of them put a turret halfway in the spawn door halfway out which would destroy my Winston once I made it past the large group centered around the rein. Fuck Tors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom