• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veggy

I've hit level 105, was hoping for a sick border when I hit 101 but its just a crappy star under your name and you go back to the level 1 border :(

As a primary Genji user I detest his Total Mayhem ability. 16+ hours of playing Genji against Junkrat has taught me that most Junkrat players are prone to panicking and don't know what to do when you get right up in their face. It's probably the main reason they gave him that passive ability in the first place.

You get in my face as genji, I'll just throw a mine down at my feet and launch both of us in dffierent directions :p

KyleP29

On defense with no tank or healer, yet they want to rush the spawn

My sentries and I drink chai and actually defend the point

We win

0 votes

Yes, it's Overwatch

I know that feeling... had 5 min 27 sec of objective time, the only one making a push on the payload the whole game.... but all the votes go to the soldier 76 and his 16 eliminations.

R0ckman

This is what immediately comes to mind, now I'm on PC so maybe I'm just facing really great TF2 demoman pros but:

-Two direct shots from his grenades can kill any 200 health or less character
-His trap and mine stays in place when he dies.
-Tracer can't reverse out of his trap
-Mercy can't shift fly to a player over his trap
-Zenyatta can't float over his trap. Let me repeat that: ZENYATTA CAN'T FLOAT OVER HIS TRAP.
-You can't shoot his trap when you're trapped in it, neither can your teammates.
-He explodes when he dies.
-His Riptire charges incredibly fast.
-His reload animation is at the moment too fast as he can just repeatedly spam his grenades as an offensive wall that would make Bastion be ashamed.
-Did I mention he's really powerful?

He's basically an offense character. Honestly if anything McCree and Junkrat should switch role placement.

Yeah I think he needs a bit of tweeking, I really dont like his panic traps where he can throw a trap on you, it's happened tons of times on me as Winston rampaging or when he is losinga battle, I come up to knock him away, he throws the trap on me I waste my super, though its fair play if I just land on it, but requiring no set up at all for the reward of wasting supers? WTF were they thinking?

BHK3

Banned
On defense with no tank or healer, yet they want to rush the spawn

My sentries and I drink chai and actually defend the point

We win

0 votes

Yes, it's Overwatch

rofl I just went against a whole team of soldier 76's, I was the only defense hero as Rein and I got 25k blocked damage(we won barely) and only got 1 upvote. It's a pointless system that needs to go.

They're busy, pull out your blaster. It's quite effective.

or theyre busy trying to kill the other thousand people on the enemy team fuck off omg the mercy victimization is so AIDS USE YOUR GUN AND FIGHT BACK

No, they're not. Do you think I'm honestly going to shift to an enemy that is already under pressure when I'm dragging another enemy with me? That's plain stupid. I'm talking about your average McCree or Genji running around slightly away from the main fights. It's my duty to keep absolutely everyone alive though every single encounter which requires a hell of a lot of micromangement, in return I think it's fair to expect that you make sure I'm not left to the wolves.

And Mercy's peashooter is beyond useless, any player of the same skill level should be absolutely ashamed of themselves if they die to a weakened Mercy desperately bunny hopping around. I'm not going to pull that out unless I have nobody else to shift to.

Yeah I think he needs a bit of tweeking, I really dont like his panic traps where he can throw a trap on you, it's happened tons of times on me as Winston rampaging or when he is losinga battle, I come up to knock him away, he throws the trap on me I waste my super, though its fair play if I just land on it, but requiring no set up at all for the reward of wasting supers? WTF were they thinking?
It needs an activation timer (trap). I agree.

Peff

Apparently this game's idea of rebalancing a match is to make me alone switch teams. I've noticed it happening a few times whenever a team I'm in plays decently and I'm not sure how to take it haha.

Satch

Banned
No, they're not. Do you think I'm honestly going to shift to an enemy that is already under pressure when I'm dragging another enemy with me? That's plain stupid. I'm talking about your average McCree or Genji running around slightly away from the main fights. It's my duty to keep absolutely everyone alive though every single encounter which requires a hell of a lot of micromangement, in return I think it's fair to expect that you make sure I'm not left to the wolves.

And Mercy's peashooter is beyond useless, any player of the same skill level should be absolutely ashamed of themselves if they die to a weakened Mercy desperately bunny hopping around. I'm not going to pull that out unless I have nobody else to shift to.

k xD

JTripper

Was so close to getting that Zarya trophy for keeping your beam over 70 power for a minute. She's a goddamn powerhouse with a Mercy behind her.

That and the Zenyatta discord assist trophy must be the hardest in the game.

Pastry

Banned
Join game: In progress game, lose that.

Reinstance, join game: In progress, lose that.

reinstance, join game: in progress lose that.

Over the past few days I've had multiple shocking moments learning what Genji can and cannot deflect.

At first I thought it was just normal projectiles like bullets and arrows, then I learned he can deflect melee hits as well, then I learned he can deflect ults, then I learned he can deflect sound waves, rockets, S:76's heal and a BLACK HOLE??

Is the only thing he can't deflect energy based weapons on Symettra, Winston and Zarya?

rdytoroll

Over the past few days I've had multiple shocking moments learning what Genji can and cannot deflect.

At first I thought it was just normal projectiles like bullets and arrows, then I learned he can deflect melee hits as well, then I learned he can deflect ults, then I learned he can deflect sound waves, rockets, S:76's heal and a BLACK HOLE??

Is the only thing he can't deflect energy based weapons on Symettra, Winston and Zarya?

Can't deflect Mei ice freeze either

Gorillaz

Can't deflect Mei ice freeze either

image.php

the picking 4-5 of a certain hero class is kind of funny at first, but gets annoying when your pit against the same team that does it over and over.

I think they should make it so that for every hero u pick the same of, it's a 5% decrease in that hero's damage, for each of the same hero you pick.

if you pick 4 torjborns, his damage and turrets damage is reduced by 20 percent per person.

and if you pick 5 soldier 76s, all their damage is reduced by 25%, so on and so forth.

I feel like that would balance it out a bit more.

arimanius

Was so close to getting that Zarya trophy for keeping your beam over 70 power for a minute. She's a goddamn powerhouse with a Mercy behind her.

That and the Zenyatta discord assist trophy must be the hardest in the game.

I just got it today. Enemy team kept attacking into my shields over and over. I love Zarya when she gets 80+ energy. She destroys.

Vestal

You mean he has a slight counter for Winstons God rage?!? OMG. Actually he throws it on the ground and you run over it.

POTG is beyond useless but votes are a look into people's psyche

Always vote support. Some games where my team did terribly, I'll even vote for the other team's support instead of the one teammate who managed to get recognition. Want to encourage players taking on that thankless role every time I can.

EKWvfV9.jpg

Is the NA meta like this too? Every single game it's "Mercy Reinhardt Mercy Reinhardt Mercy Reinhardt Mercy Reinhardt"

Playing Symmetra? "Mercy mercy mercy mercy"
Playing Zarya? "Reinhardt reinhardt reinhardt reinhardt"

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This is what immediately comes to mind, now I'm on PC so maybe I'm just facing really great TF2 demoman pros but:

-Zenyatta can't float over his trap. Let me repeat that: ZENYATTA CAN'T FLOAT OVER HIS TRAP.
-You can't shoot his trap when you're trapped in it, neither can your teammates.
-His reload animation is at the moment too fast as he can just repeatedly spam his grenades as an offensive wall that would make Bastion be ashamed.

He's basically an offense character. Honestly if anything McCree and Junkrat should switch role placement.

Junkrat is absolutely a defense character. His trap is a way to cover choke points which does little for you on offense. His grenades are also mostly a way to put suppressive fire in an area, which also doesn't quite do that much on offense since you're not really pushing an objective by doing that. At best his role on offense is to help break through a tight choke with grouped up enemies..

Warewolf

I just got it today. Enemy team kept attacking into my shields over and over. I love Zarya when she gets 80+ energy. She destroys.

Powered up Zarya is the scariest Tank match as Reinhardt, I have a good handle on every other match up but when she's being played right I struggle to deal with it. So good. I will always vote up a good Zarya.

What's a good controller set up on ps4 to play Lucio and be able to do wall rides? Now with the jump button mapped to x ours impossible to use this feature. I tried with R3 but I really do not like that input at all because it affects my grip on the stick.

I'm thinking of double dipping on this game because of this but I'd rather not.

Just change his amp it up ability to triangle, and switch jump to one of the triggers.

arimanius

EKWvfV9.jpg

Is the NA meta like this too? Every single game it's "Mercy Reinhardt Mercy Reinhardt Mercy Reinhardt Mercy Reinhardt"

Not in quick play. Most people are just happy someone picked a tank and a healer. They don't care which ones from what I've seen.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
EKWvfV9.jpg

No, nor is EU.

mxgt

Banned
Zarya is really fucking fun.

Love melting people with high energy. Had a pretty good random team tonight and we effectively used Zarya ult + Tracer ult multiple times. The carnage.

arimanius

Powered up Zarya is the scariest Tank match as Reinhardt, I have a good handle on every other match up but when she's being played right I struggle to deal with it. So good. I will always vote up a good Zarya.

Yeah a good Zarya and a good Roadhog I will usually always up vote.

R0ckman

You mean he has a slight counter for Winstons God rage?!? OMG. Actually he throws it on the ground and you run over it.

He can throw it on you. I usually don't have anything agaisnt landing on it. And its not God Rage unless you know how to use it.

Dr. Buni

EKWvfV9.jpg

Reinhardt and Mercy or Lúcio are present in at least half of my matches, but thankfully there is a lot of variety in quick play. Ranked will probably not have as much, though I will still play the heroes (plural) I like the most, but that is just me.

wamberz1

His trap is absurdly easy to see. just keep on eye out when fighting a junkrat and you should avoid it no problem.

cm1j

Neo Member
the picking 4-5 of a certain hero class is kind of funny at first, but gets annoying when your pit against the same team that does it over and over.

I think they should make it so that for every hero u pick the same of, it's a 5% decrease in that hero's damage, for each of the same hero you pick.

if you pick 4 torjborns, his damage and turrets damage is reduced by 20 percent per person.

and if you pick 5 soldier 76s, all their damage is reduced by 25%, so on and so forth.

I feel like that would balance it out a bit more.

All of these are very easy to counter

Zemm

I'm thinking Widowmaker's scoped charge up will probably have to be changed to quadratic rather than linear growth. Of all the heroes, she feels the most out of place in that she's basically a classic FPS sniper with more mobility. Raw aiming skill only gets you so far in Overwatch but not so for Widowmaker, who scales the best with good aim, followed by McCree. I've had my share of matches decided by whether or not my Widowmaker was better than their Widowmaker.

Good Widowmakers can get off 75% charged headshots during a single rappel jump. That's kind of silly, being able to move like Pharah with a sniper rifle.

The charge is waaaaay too quick, it's the easiest sniper class in any game I've ever played. That charge time needs to be at least double what it currently is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom