• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathy

This is what immediately comes to mind, now I'm on PC so maybe I'm just facing really great TF2 demoman pros but:

-Two direct shots from his grenades can kill any 200 health or less character
-His trap and mine stays in place when he dies.
-Tracer can't reverse out of his trap
-Mercy can't shift fly to a player over his trap
-Zenyatta can't float over his trap. Let me repeat that: ZENYATTA CAN'T FLOAT OVER HIS TRAP.
-You can't shoot his trap when you're trapped in it, neither can your teammates.
-He explodes when he dies.
-His Riptire charges incredibly fast.
-His reload animation is at the moment too fast as he can just repeatedly spam his grenades as an offensive wall that would make Bastion be ashamed.
-Did I mention he's really powerful?

He's basically an offense character. Honestly if anything McCree and Junkrat should switch role placement.

Oh so you want Junk to be a free kill for a tracer, now I see.

Trap punishes bad players, so do his death nades.

He has 5 shots and his reload animation is slow, get out of here with that

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just won a couple of pug matches and it was fun /shrug

pugs are the new meta confirmed

cr0w

Old Member
Been playing on PS4 for a couple days, think I'm level 8. Still don't know what the fuck I'm doing. Alternating between Tor, Lucio and Reinhardt for the most part, nothing but pub games since no one I know seems to be playing. Fun as hell, but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the game at times.

rdytoroll

Been playing on PS4 for a couple days, think I'm level 8. Still don't know what the fuck I'm doing. Alternating between Tor, Lucio and Reinhardt for the most part, nothing but pub games since no one I know seems to be playing. Fun as hell, but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the game at times.

Check out the spreadsheet in the OP or just hit up Discord if you want some people to play with

BY2K

Membero Americo
vYhMhHi.jpg

I'm okay.

I'm not okay.

Fuck you, Blizzard.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
the fact shes hard to hit and even on a direct hit she can restore her full health. fuck that. lucky i can aim my nades and fuck up 99% of all tracers
You're saying you can hit most Tracers so I take it she isn't hard to hit then? She's a low health character who can only do effective damage up close and in part requires a good team or at least a distracting team to be really effective. She doesn't have the mobility of Pharah and Genji or the Stun of McCree.
Snipe him, jump in as Winston and set a energy shield, it deflects the grenades, I think. I kill a lot of spamming junk rats with Winston. Roadhog might be good too, and dva can chase him down. Pharah is pretty tough for him to hit in midair as well.

You do need a tank and you should stay mobile.
Well it's pub games mostly, so we usually have a Widowmaker whose already busy not doing anything worthwhile or a tank not being grouped with.

No and stop assuming I'm only playing Tracer, I play other characters dude! And his reload is fast, from the limited time I've played him and the amount of time I've faced him. If you don't think it's bullshit that you can't destroy his traps when you're trapped in them but can when you're not, then I don't know what to tell you nevermind you ignoring everything else I said about the mechanics of his trap.

edgefusion

Man, I don't even get POTG after self-destructing D.Va's mech and taking it out like four turrets and two enemies in one burst.

Still won the match, which is most important, but damn.

I feel like the PotG system needs quite a bit of work. I wiped out 5 of the enemy team from the objective with a D.Va ult but the PotG went to Zarya knocking two guys into the well on Illios.

BY2K

Membero Americo
What is it you want exactly?

The only thing I need right now is the Blackhardt skin.

BUT I KEEP GETTING THOSE CRAPTES.

And yes, I said CRAPTES.

I've gotten 2 Legendaries in 43 levels so far.

I think I can count the number of Epics on one hand, too.

Yes, I'm salty as fuck.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
What is it you want exactly?
Aforementioned characters should be able to deal with his traps, let people destroy his traps when trapped even if this only saves a second of time it's still a second, slow down his reload by a bit.

edit: Whoops you weren't addressing me.

As a primary Genji user I detest his Total Mayhem ability. 16+ hours of playing Genji against Junkrat has taught me that most Junkrat players are prone to panicking and don't know what to do when you get right up in their face. It's probably the main reason they gave him that passive ability in the first place.

There are certainly uses for snipers on attack, but it drives me frigging crazy when they don't get on the point to force overtime at the end.

as a sniper, I agree. JUST HOOK YOUR WAY IN THERE FOR LIKE ONE SECOND TO CONTEST IT, FAM

also, the last two crates i've gotten were all dupes. THANKS FOR NOTHING BLIZZARD

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why do you guys think many of us wanted White, White, Blue, White as the OT2 title?

Sou Da

The only thing I need right now is the Blackhardt skin.

BUT I KEEP GETTING THOSE CRAPTES.

And yes, I said CRAPTES.

I've gotten 2 Legendaries in 43 levels so far.

I think I can count the number of Epics on one hand, too.

Yes, I'm salty as fuck.
Surely you had the coins by now and spent them on something else?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
As a primary Genji user I detest his Total Mayhem ability. 16+ hours of playing Genji against Junkrat has taught me that most Junkrat players are prone to panicking and don't know what to do when you get right up in their face. It's probably the main reason they gave him that passive ability in the first place.
It honestly makes no sense that it "punishes bad players" when all it does is stall and allow him to be offensive one last time, does any other character get a free hit from the grave?

Does the enemy team have a Bastion? A turret? An enemy sniper? Then you probably want an offensive Sniper if you don't have a very capable Genji.

Nah, I'd rather have a moving body who can actually contest than a static sniper, and honestly a Pharah/Junkrat/D.Va would provide more utility and be able to deal with turrets.

It honestly makes no sense that it "punishes bad players" when all it does is stall and allow him to be offensive one last time, does any other character get a free hit from the grave?

AFAIK only him. Apparently I'm a bad player for figuring out the best way to engage him.

Valahart

Can't wait 'till my new PC arrives and I can run this butter smoothly.

I have a super noob question. Does Lucio heal by shooting his allies or does he only need to stay close to them?

Reposting for anyone searching for advice:

Check out the following subreddits for tips/strategies/advice on characters, maps, etc:

https://www.reddit.com/r/overwatchuniversity
https://www.reddit.com/r/competitiveoverwatch

Thanks a lot for posting those! I was checking the main /r/overwatch and I was so disappointed by it. It's just "post your memes here" subreddit.

His does that comp beat 4 Pharahs and 2 Mercy's?

That's what the turret twins are for. I wouldn't run that comp for real, but it could work.

lol no.

Maybe it's because you're on PC, but on ps4 Widowmakers might as well be empty slots. Hanzos are generally more useful but the "refuse to contest" mentality is way too strong

JGLS

I have a super noob question. Does Lucio heal by shooting his allies or does he only need to stay close to them?

He only needs to stay close to them. You can see how many you're amping on the yellow/green hud below the reticle.

Apathy

You're saying you can hit most Tracers so I take it she isn't hard to hit then? She's a low health character who can only do effective damage up close and in part requires a good team or at least a distracting team to be really effective. She doesn't have the mobility of Pharah and Genji or the Stun of McCree.

Well it's pub games mostly, so we usually have a Widowmaker whose already busy not doing anything worthwhile or a tank not being grouped with.

No and stop assuming I'm only playing Tracer, I play other characters dude! And his reload is fast, from the limited time I've played him and the amount of time I've faced him. If you don't think it's bullshit that you can't destroy his traps when you're trapped in them but can when you're not, then I don't know what to tell you nevermind you ignoring everything else I said about the mechanics of his trap.

I'm glad from your limited time playing him you are so verse that hes so powerful. From my 51 hours of playing him as of right now, I can tell you the reload is fine. It's slow enough that if you catch one reloading you're getting free shots at him. His trap gets destroyed by incidental damage, he has a perfect counter in pharah, and a good tracer makes life hell (hey cause they make it hard to aim), his ult has 100 health. He punishes bad bad players, anyone good that isn't dead set on TDM can see a trap if it's in the open, and if it's around a corner it's like facing a mccree with a flashbang, only difference is you can defend yourself

That's pretty much the reason (not the panicking, the in your face). Unlike pharah or zarya's secondary he can't reliably shot at the feet and get incidental as the nades. The nades have a timer if they aren't direct hits. Even the best junkrats out there have like a 20-25% accuracy. This is security for close combat fights which is where he excels.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
It's going to take something absolutely amazing to stop this from being my GOTY. Holy shit I love this game.

Thanks a lot for posting those! I was checking the main /r/overwatch and I was so disappointed by it. It's just "post your memes here" subreddit.

Lucio passively heals or increases the speed of allies that are within a certain distance of him. There's a number on your HUD that shows you how many people are receiving the heal/speed boost. R1 (on PS4, dunno what the PC equivalent is) will buff your heal/speed boost for a couple of seconds.

No prob! I always see a lot of people asking questions for advice that sometimes go unanswered since this thread moves quickly. I like r/overwatchuniversity since there are threads that go in-depth on invdividual characters. For example, the hero discussion of the week is on Lucio: https://www.reddit.com/r/OverwatchUniversity/comments/4m7g88/weekly_hero_discussion_lucio/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom