• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
The charge is waaaaay too quick, it's the easiest sniper class in any game I've ever played. That charge time needs to be at least double what it currently is.

Yeah seriously. Her charge must be 4x faster the TF2 Sniper's. Doesn't help good Widows will also use the SMG function when you get close.

J_Viper

There's gotta be some way to see if the opposing team has players in a party, that way I can leave the match without wasting my time.

They should remove map bans from competitive play. It's fucking boring to see them playing on Hollywood/ Kings row all the time

Yeah there has to be a better way of offering map variety. Hopefully they come up with a viable way in the future that incorporates some of the lesser played maps.

Zaventem

They should remove map bans from competitive play. It's fucking boring to see them playing on Hollywood/ Kings row all the time

Because they're good maps? Says more about your game than competitive when they run those maps 99% of the time and just recently put 1 hero per person on KOTH

Sora_N

i dont get reinhardt tbh

Shield but stop shielding before it breaks because regenerating is better than the cooldown. Don't go offensive unless you know its a good time.

If no one is killing behind you or healing you then you're SOL mostly.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I really hope blizzard takes notice of all these 1 hero limit tournaments for ranked

Satch

Banned
He has a giant axe to hit people with and a shield, what dont you get? Plus a charge that one shots 90% of the cast

i know

i still dont get him. its a me thing not a reinhardt thing. i know what all his buttons do but putting all of that together is ?????

He has a giant axe to hit people with and a shield, what dont you get? Plus a charge that one shots 90% of the cast

90% of Reinhardts forget about everything but the shield lol

Like if someone is shooting me right next to you please drop the shield for a second and use your big ass hammer please

i dont get reinhardt tbh

Big hammer does big damage with a stupid huge hitbox

E is a harass and does good damage

Charge will kill everyone but tanks and gives mobility to get out of spawn faster

Shield that blocks D.Va, Roadhog, McCree ults and can provide cover to take out a Bastion or Torbjorn turret

Ultimate that renders people unable to do ANYTHING for 3 seconds, more then enough time for Reinhardt alone to kill at least 2 people

500 hp

Not hard to see why he's picked constantly on offense and defense

Jblanks

TFW you have a Hanzo, Pharoh, Widowmaker, Tojborn, Genji, and me as Zarya on payload defence..

It took until the last payload push for someone to switch to Mercy, and a Reinhart but we lost.

edgefusion

I'm getting really tired of Torbjorns auto-sniping snap-lock turrets and constant PotG's. Now that people are cottoning on how to how OP he is in pub matches virtually every PotG I see is of him goofing off while his turret snipes people. Its just no fun to play against.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why do you guys keep saying Rein has a hammer? Its an axe

:3

Wanderer5

Lol shit I got another legendary currency at lv 29, so with that I got the last legendary skin that I really wanted; the Mech Queen for Pharah.

meanspartan

I'm getting really tired of Torbjorns auto-sniping snap-lock turrets and constant PotG's. Now that people are cottoning on how to how OP he is in pub matches virtually every PotG I see is of him goofing off while his turret snipes people. Its just no fun to play against.

Really? Lately I feel like I am seeing LESS bastions/torbjorns as even pubs are catching on how to counter them

RowdyReverb

Lol, just got dropped into a game with 10 seconds remaining and imminent defeat. It didn't even load in all the character models before the game ended. Oh well. 466 free xp

AcAnchoa

I reinstalled and updated every single driver in my computer and I no longer have connection issues. It took only one a half hours.

JCH!

Was so close to getting that Zarya trophy for keeping your beam over 70 power for a minute. She's a goddamn powerhouse with a Mercy behind her.

That and the Zenyatta discord assist trophy must be the hardest in the game.

Really? I got the Zarya one without even trying. She's by far my favourite hero.

Now the Zenyatta one...

Pretty much the only thing I hate in the game is torbjorn. Nothing quite like the Russia map where two torbjorn are setup at the last capture point. Everyone complains about bastion but at least the player is aiming. Torbjorn just standing there or are halfway Cross the map doing absolutely nothing for the kill.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Amazing, 3 duplicates.

My luck with those damn loot boxes is getting better and better.

2016-06-0601_47_47-ovgukmd.png

edgefusion

Really? Lately I feel like I am seeing LESS bastions/torbjorns as even pubs are catching on how to counter them

Yep, and if it's Volskaya you can guarantee to be up against at least 3 Torbjorns forming an impenetrable defence that a pub group will simply never overcome.

Satch

Banned
like this game im in right now, i hold my shield up so people on my team can do god knows what and then they run off and im alone with my shield up so i try to do ???? and then ???? and then i die

9/10 times i dont even know what im supposed to be helping my team do. i try to do what Renbot does since he's so good at reinhardt but it actually doesnt work like that at all

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Piercing 100 damage fireballs every six seconds, a charge that does 300 damage and breaks up crowds, an ult that incapacitates for 2 seconds, a big-ass hammer that kills most people in 3 swings, and 500 health.

I'll run Torb on Hollywood defense, but nobody on our team runs bastion, we just don't like how he plays. Then last night a friend's friend was all bastion all the time, and now I can see why people were running him. That said, not that fun to play WITH a bastion either.

Dubz

Got the Winston Legendary...the Safari outfit. Started using Winston again, and I think I'm finally starting to get him

How does the game judge the gold medals? Is it based on the character you use or within your group?

Its definitely based on your group, and not the entire match.

For instance, I've had 1 second objective time before and a gold medal because i was on defense. Obviously offense would have more then that and i wouldnt even get bronze.

Ken

like this game im in right now, i hold my shield up so people on my team can do god knows what and then they run off and im alone with my shield up so i try to do ???? and then ???? and then i die

9/10 times i dont even know what im supposed to be helping my team do. i try to do what Renbot does since he's so good at reinhardt but it actually doesnt work like that at all

if no one's using your shield then you can either just go aggressive reinhardt, inching forward with shield and try to get charge/ult picks or swap hero

worst case you're still absorbing 2000 damage while drawing fire from your randoms

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
if no one's using your shield then you can either just go aggressive reinhardt, inching forward with shield and try to get charge/ult picks or swap hero

worst case you're still absorbing 2000 damage while drawing fire from your randoms

But also filling up the red teams' ult charges also.

I'd say at that point just dash in and swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom