• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son Of D

Got a Lucio PotG today somehow. All I did was kill a Zenyatta before I pushed a McCree away from me letting a Genji run in and deflect his FtH. Okay the McCree kill came up as my kill but I don't think I did the most damage.

I felt I had better moments in that match, both support and offense.

ISOM

Why do all pro-matches seem to be on payload matches? Is it because of the advantage having Lucio getting you to the point first the reason? I have had some great matches on control point.

xezuru

Seagull playing a lot of Junkrat in tourneys lately, gotta get that shield destroyer.
Surprisingly a decent amount of Pharah from him as well.

wrongway

Yes but its only open at...high noon
vmWPHex.png

So... finally brokedown and let the hype take me and bought it on ps4. I hope I can join in on the gaf groups as that prospect is a huge part of why I got it.

RowdyReverb

Guys I just noticed a major problem with the game. I just got a Lúcio voice line that says "That's how you get tinnitus!" Which is fine, but he does a common mispronunciation of the word. He says tin-itis, when it should be tin-ittus (ˈtinədəs).
Somebody call Blizzard. This should be in the next patch. It's ruining the game for me

So Reinherdt is my current jam. Once you got a handle of all his tools, he can take on the whole team with the right support.

A surprise dash generally murders a Bastion, and even stuns a turret. And Reinhardt vs Reinhardt is so fun. Juking around, shields up, knowing a projectile or dash is coming, so fun. Pinning people is some of the most fun I've had in the game lol, and I'm getting good at it!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Finally had a skin for Mercy drop. She's one of my five most played characters and even though I'm lvl 28 and bought 24 boxes I hadn't gotten a single skin for her (despite getting 2 PotG intros that I'll never see).

Thankfully it was the best one.

Theres 21 characters with 4 legendary skins each, you are level 28 so thats 28 boxes plus 24 you bought makea 52, most of us get what... 2 legendaries out of 52 boxes? 3? Why are you surprised you hadn't gotten one for the specific hero you want? Hell you just got super lucky most would argue

MGrant

Torbjorn will see less use once more people realize Reinhardt completely fucks him (Molten Core notwithstanding). Fire Strike kills level 1 turrets, Charge stuns level 2 turrets and allows a quick mop-up with the hammer if the enemy team isn't there to support. Then there's just shielding a DPS character while the turret does almost no damage to the shield.

DrArchon

Theres 21 characters with 4 legendary skins each, you are level 28 so thats 28 boxes plus 24 you bought makea 52, most of us get what... 2 legendaries out of 52 boxes? 3? Why are you surprised you hadn't gotten one for the specific hero you want? Hell you just got super lucky most would argue

No, I was surprised that I hadn't gotten ANY costumes for Mercy. Not the basic ones or anything. I've got at least one basic color change skin for just about every character, but Mercy eluded me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Btw one of our EUgaf groups might have run into an aimbotter today but theres no way to be sure I guess. Dude just had amazing aim with s76, he would lock onto you fast and then his reticle barely moves (and 76s gun has quite a bit of recoil if youve used him).

Maybe he was just that good and his hands are that steady but yeah...yeah... :/

Hyun Sai

Torbjorn will see less use once more people realize Reinhardt completely fucks him (Molten Core notwithstanding). Fire Strike kills level 1 turrets, Charge stuns level 2 turrets and allows a quick mop-up with the hammer if the enemy team isn't there to support. Then there's just shielding a DPS character while the turret does almost no damage to the shield.

Well, supposing there is only one Tjorb, they don't use high grounds for the turrets, and their teammates don't look at for them.

I feel confident Tjorb will stay on top on consoles pubs for a very long time (forever). Of course, competitive will be different.

Why do all pro-matches seem to be on payload matches? Is it because of the advantage having Lucio getting you to the point first the reason? I have had some great matches on control point.

King of the hill maps seem to get some play but the two control point maps like Anubis are disliked. They have really severe choke points I guess.

Alexm92

Got a team kill with Junkrat's ultimate. The whole team was all in the one area. Felt so damn good and I got POTG for it which made it even better. Just wish I got it on video.

Man I love this game!

hwy_61

Banned
Yo can somebody tell me if my GPU is good enough for this game? I got a gtx 550 ti. My CPU/ram meets the minimum spec, it's the GPU I'm not sure about...

Thank you and hopefully I can run this shit to play with you guys :D

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
like this game im in right now, i hold my shield up so people on my team can do god knows what and then they run off and im alone with my shield up so i try to do ???? and then ???? and then i die

9/10 times i dont even know what im supposed to be helping my team do. i try to do what Renbot does since he's so good at reinhardt but it actually doesnt work like that at all

If I'm with randoms I'd only use Reinhardt on Payload attacks since there the team typically naturally will get behind you, and you'll get a ridiculous amount of objective time.

On Defense it needs more coordination (like a damage boosted junkrat lobbing through your shield) so I would usually go another tank unless I'm in a group. The shield is always good to protect your allies while they attack other targets but if nobody uses your shield it doesn't really do anything.

Apathy

Watching Overwatch is the same feeling I had to watching TF 2, it's so boring. It really is a game I would rather play than watch.

WarMacheen

so sick of being in a great competitive game and winning only to be fucking facerolled the next 5. There is no way Blizz hasn't forced 50/50 win rate. So fucking tired of being placed onto a team full of tanks or snipers.

Btw one of our EUgaf groups might have run into an aimbotter today but theres no way to be sure I guess. Dude just had amazing aim with s76, he would lock onto you fast and then his reticle barely moves (and 76s gun has quite a bit of recoil if youve used him).

Maybe he was just that good and his hands are that steady but yeah...yeah... :/

He has no recoil so do you mean weapon spread? You can control that by firing in bursts.

Xeteh

Man, I'm on Roadhog and I hear "It's High Noon" but I just used my hook a second before. I know where he is inside that small room before point A in Hollywood, I back off and the rest of my team are hiding too. So he does the High Noon strut to try to find someone and steps out the door while I moved closer to it... so I put my shotgun right next to his head and pull the trigger.

High noon canceled.

I was originally against the idea of hero limits, but seeing as what a clusterfuck it's making of balance and that it's only ever used to abuse double Winston and double McCree, I'd really rather have it on.

Zemm

Watching Overwatch is the same feeling I had to watching TF 2, it's so boring. It really is a game I would rather play than watch.

It's too messy. I don't even know how you could make this more watchable for tournament play because there's too much going on in each encounter. I just can't see it taking off in a big way competitive wise when CS is still around and so easy to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom