• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
So once Blizz rebalances Mccree who will the do next? Road Hogg?

D. Va needs a buff. Nobody but McCree really stands out as being outrageously good compared to the rest of the cast. I think Lucio is the point they should aim to bring everybody up to, in terms of general utility and fun.

I know I probably just think this because I play Mercy almost exclusively, but I think she could use a liiiittle more health. Seems like too many weapons can one-shot her.

rainz

Yo can somebody tell me if my GPU is good enough for this game? I got a gtx 550 ti. My CPU/ram meets the minimum spec, it's the GPU I'm not sure about...

Thank you and hopefully I can run this shit to play with you guys :D

Hey mate, I ran the open beta on the same card here. Game is crazily optimised and on med/high 1080p i was getting 55-60pfs depending what i tweaked. If you drop down or play at 75% res (in options menu) you can easily get about 60 constantly. Hope that helped.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
The feeling when you get knocked into the well in the middle of the first point in Illios but you skate around the inside to get back out.

tumblr_o4uc0ljD5S1to9wudo1_500.gif

I finally managed to get a play of the game with Lucio too!
This just happened to me. You don't skate around so much as just keep jumping up. But yeah for anyone wanting to learn how to wall ride this is a great place. Be careful though. Same game another Lucio got stuck down there and we blasted him down. Get out ASAP.

Gorillaz

I think the best part of trying to get play of the game with D.VA is using her Ult while using her Emote. Timing the emote well and fast is the hard part

BY2K

Membero Americo
Just had the weirdest couple of games yet.

One, my entire team was purposely avoiding the objective. Like, seriously. Not even exaggerating.

Also, on that Payload map city where Omnics and Humans live together in, can't remember the name, this happened:

They had TWO snipers.

TWO.

THEY WERE ON OFFENSE!

Listonosh

Just finished watching TB's take on the whole microtransaction thing, and never realized there was actual backlash against it. I was actually quite surprised by it, considering literally nothing that you can get in a lootbox affects gameplay in any way.

It also seems like popular YouTubers are hopping on the negative bandwagon because at this point it's just "in" to hate on microtransactions, no matter how well they're implemented or how unobtrusive they are.

Also, nerf Road Hog? LOL I eat him for breakfast with Reaper

Gorillaz

yea in a randoms match our team ended up doing full roadhog

so many times we stopped the reaper and McCree ult at the start. Honestly I would have just left I couldn't stop laughing

-MD-

Just had the weirdest couple of games yet.

One, my entire team was purposely avoiding the objective. Like, seriously. Not even exaggerating.

Also, on that Payload map city where Omnics and Humans live together in, can't remember the name, this happened:

They had TWO snipers.

TWO.

THEY WERE ON OFFENSE!

I see 3 snipers.

Well I mean like anybody with >=200 health is dead if any remotely competent Roadhog hooks them, but that's on a cooldown and it's far from guaranteed. I wouldn't call it overpowered.

hwy_61

Banned
Hey mate, I ran the open beta on the same card here. Game is crazily optimised and on med/high 1080p i was getting 55-60pfs depending what i tweaked. If you drop down or play at 75% res (in options menu) you can easily get about 60 constantly. Hope that helped.

Thank you my friend!

D. Va needs a buff. Nobody but McCree really stands out as being outrageously good compared to the rest of the cast. I think Lucio is the point they should aim to bring everybody up to, in terms of general utility and fun.

I think D.va will be great with a buff. Her damage is only a smidge too low, so hopefully upping it a bit will make her more fun.

Widow charge time, hopefully.

Oh, that's a good pick. Anything that makes it a bit less of a hard counter to Pharah is welcome in my book.

I think D.va will be great with a buff. Her damage is only a smidge too low, so hopefully upping it a bit will make her more fun.

I'm thinking a little more damage and a little less slowdown while firing. Enhance her harasser/disruptor abilities in a way that keeps her different from Winston.

BigDug13

I know I probably just think this because I play Mercy almost exclusively, but I think she could use a liiiittle more health. Seems like too many weapons can one-shot her.

She has 200 health and some escape capability. Zenyatta has 150 so he dies to a single gut shot snipe. How much health should she get?

pigeon

Banned
The worst thing about being killed by Hanzo is watching the kill cam confirm that it really was bullshit every time.

Playing Hanzo is like transforming the game into a parody of real life where people are playing Overwatch except periodically they unexpectedly die from like cancer or traffic accidents and everybody just has to carry on around it.

The arrows are cancer.

Kinsei

Banned
This just happened to me. You don't skate around so much as just keep jumping up. But yeah for anyone wanting to learn how to wall ride this is a great place. Be careful though. Same game another Lucio got stuck down there and we blasted him down. Get out ASAP.

I would recommend people practice on the Lijiang Tower. On the garden control point you can learn how to chain small wall runs and jumps together in order to get over the moat to the control point and you can practice wall transitions at the point itself in order to get through the windows quickly. These skills are invaluable if you're in overtime and need to give your team time to spawn and group up for one final push and they teach you the basics that you can apply on any map.

Well I mean like anybody with >=200 health is dead if any remotely competent Roadhog hooks them, but that's on a cooldown and it's far from guaranteed. I wouldn't call it overpowered.

The chain is usually easy to see coming and you have enough time to do something before he can shoot too. It's far from OP.

Xeteh

Considering that I like McCree, it's obvious that I don't hate Mei because she takes control away from you.

I hate Mei because like Symmetra, she's a poorly designed character with troll potential. That shouldn't be in a game like this.

We can't be friends anymore.

The worst thing about being killed by Hanzo is watching the kill cam confirm that it really was bullshit every time.

Playing Hanzo is like transforming the game into a parody of real life where people are playing Overwatch except periodically they mysteriously die from like cancer or traffic accidents.

The arrows are cancer.

I turned off the kill cam. Too many Hanzos headshotting me by nailing a potted plant a foot to my left, too many Roadhogs dragging me through a wall.

I'm more excited about victory poses honestly. Some really fun ones. Plus you only see them when you win so that feels good.

She's pretty good at her niche though. If I'm actually serious I start all defense maps with sym. I've even seen some teams using sym in KotH, though I'm not sure if it's just the other team being bad.

you can make Sym work in KOTH if your team manages to hold the point and her gun is nice in close quarters, but yeah generally I'd take a more mobile, slugfest-appropriate character.

Zemm

nerf mccree's fan (blizzard are on it)
buff d'va (blizzard are on it)
make widow's ultimate more obvious to enemy team on use
increase widows sniper charge to take double the time

there, the game is pretty much balanced

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Considering that I like McCree, it's obvious that I don't hate Mei because she takes control away from you.

I hate Mei because like Symmetra, she's a poorly designed character with troll potential. That shouldn't be in a game like this.

Fair enough fair enough. Though I really don't run into any trolling with either, though I'm mostly the one playing them.

Like, I can clearly see the troll potential of both, but I haven't ran into either.

you can make Sym work in KOTH if your team manages to hold the point and her gun is nice in close quarters, but yeah generally I'd take a more mobile, slugfest-appropriate character.

Depends on the map, honestly. Stuff like Control Room on Liajing Tower and the Well on Ilios just flat-out lacks any good turret spots. At most you can annoy them. But on Night Market? Lawd almighty. Those turret spots are worth being at a slight disadvantage in the first team fight.

The only character I hate is Junkrat. He requires around the same level of skill to play as it takes me to wake up each morning with two testicles.

nerf mccree's fan (blizzard are on it)
buff d'va (blizzard are on it)
make widow's ultimate more obvious to enemy team on use
make widows sniper charge take double the time

there, the game is pretty much balanced

Also need to lower Lucio's AoE range (its ridiculously huge) make it so you can more easily cancel Mercy's ult via killing her or stunning her

pigeon

Banned
Depends on the map, honestly. Stuff like Control Room on Liajing Tower and the Well on Ilios just flat-out lacks any good turret spots. At most you can annoy them. But on Night Market? Lawd almighty. Those turret spots are worth being at a slight disadvantage in the first team fight.

You can probably own the buildings on either side of the Well on Ilios and those are pretty important.

3DShovel

Just played with these guys playing as Hanzo and Genji and I swear they literally did absolutely nothing to contribute.

This game is so frustrating because I swear 90% of the time I'm matched with absolute no-brains.

Yeah, I generally play KOTH very agressively so choosing Sym would never cross my mind lol

So does Winston need a buff or am I just not doing this right?

I don't understand what situations to use him in. His shield is just not as effective as Reinherdt's. His gun has the great benefit of passing through shields, but its time to kill is really pathetic. He's no hard counter pick to Heroes with shields despite that gun's main trait. I've tried rushing in, jumping behind to flank people but again that gun is not very effective. And his ult, beside bailing you out before death, really isn't the game changer other ults are.

Only time I've been effective with him was on a 4 Winston team, and that was more due to the chaos and the fact that the gun is actually effective if you've got more than one going. Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom