• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatjuhR

What kind of healing ability are you thinking about?

Maybe something like the thing Soldier 76 puts down? But a bit better? And as replacement of the shiields?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nothing is overpowered if you have that sort of group. Problem is, not everyone is in that group.

Well, other than mccree.

I actually do wonder how they could make another healer viable though, because lucio and mercy just covers every base you need right now. You almost need lucio for group survivability and mercy's revive is probably one if the most overpowered ults in the game.

CkH8PPTXIAAtIsp.jpg

That moment when you just click with someone. Was doing KOTH, as Pharah, and had a Zarya player that just coordinated so well. We ended up double ulting together 4 times over the 2 matches for 3 team kills. So good.

I wish D.va had something more to her kit as a tank to draw attention to herself, because unlike the other tanks she isn't able to be obnoxious and draw a ton of attention to herself except with her ult. Yea her regular attack can kill people but it doesn't feel all that threatening.

She honestly feels more like a defense character.

I got that D.Va achievement pretty quickly by blocking a McCree ult with it for multiple teammembers. The one for getting 4 kills with her ult seems impossible though, unless the enemy team is stupid or you get lucky and can combine it with a Zarya ult or something.

The master strat for getting kills with D.Va ult is to stand still in front of a thirsty roadhog.

PatjuhR

Yea, but we were talking about that she has no healing ability and thus not beloning in the same category as Lucio and Mercy.

Because of that you have matches with a support hero but no healing.

Alot of people here are discussing group games, since pubs are always going to be meaningless.

The vast majority of my time with this game has been in groups. I was using "pub" as shorthand for any kind of quick play. Sorry if that's not the appropriate usage.

My point is that outside of pro-level meta, pro-level tiers don't have a lot of relevance. I like using D.Va and when the time is right I find a lot of success with D.Va. I don't know what else to say. She's never seemed like a bad character to me, just an incredibly situational one. Though I've definitely seen my share of bad D.Va players.

Kinsei

Banned
During my last play session there was a Mercy on my team that didn't heal anyone at all and just ran around with her pistol. Why bother even playing her if you're not going to heal? You'd be better off using Mcree.

Speaking of Mcree, I think I'm finally kinda getting the hang of him. I still have no clue how to do the stun into fanning the hammer though. Do you have to commit to it before you see if the flash bang hit or not?

During my last play session there was a Mercy on my team that didn't heal anyone at all and just ran around with her pistol. Why bother even playing her if you're not going to heal? You'd be better off using Mcree.

Speaking of Mcree, I think I'm finally kinda getting the hang of him. I still have no clue how to do the stun into fanning the hammer though. Do you have to commit to it before you see if the flash bang hit or not?

Throw the flash bang. If need be get a bit closer then hit fan. I don't think it crits so make sure as many bullets as possible hit.

I wish D.va had something more to her kit as a tank to draw attention to herself, because unlike the other tanks she isn't able to be obnoxious and draw a ton of attention to herself except with her ult. Yea her regular attack can kill people but it doesn't feel all that threatening.

She honestly feels more like a defense character.

As D.va, the secret is to make them care about you. Boost in, attack. Boost out, above; find medpack and heal. Boost in, kill. Defense matrix as appropriate. Stay just out of their reach while alone, or stand proud in a group; the enemy will struggle to kill her either way. If mech is downed, either go out in a blaze of glory, or retreat and pepper them with the peashooter until it's back. Once her ult is ready, figure out an enemy holdpoint, boost the mech in that direction, and let the self-destruct do its work.

She's not great at surviving sustained attacks like Reinhardt, but she can be incredibly tenacious if she boosts in and out of battle. Her maneuverability is second to none thanks to the boosters, and her basic attack is literally relentless. Coupled with a defense matrix that can give decisive protection to D.va in an approach, or allies attacking from behind her, it makes her an incredibly dangerous threat. And then, of course, there is her room-clearing ult, perfect to bust any enemy bunkers. This is without getting into her almost sniper-esque form when out of the mech... she can't do much, but her damage output can be surprisingly consistent.

In other worlds, D.va's basically the bomb.

As D.va, the secret is to make them care about you. Boost in, attack. Boost out, above; find medpack and heal. Boost in, kill. Defense matrix as appropriate. Stay just out of their reach while alone, or stand proud in a group; the enemy will struggle to kill her either way. If mech is downed, either go out in a blaze of glory, or retreat and pepper them with the peashooter until it's back. Once her ult is ready, figure out an enemy holdpoint, boost the mech in that direction, and let the self-destruct do its work.

She's not great at surviving sustained attacks like Reinhardt, but she can be incredibly tenacious if she boosts in and out of battle. Her maneuverability is second to none thanks to the boosters, and her basic attack is literally relentless. Coupled with a defense matrix that can give decisive protection to D.va in an approach, or allies attacking from behind her, it makes her an incredibly dangerous threat. And then, of course, there is her room-clearing ult, perfect to bust any enemy bunkers. This is without getting into her almost sniper-esque form when out of the mech... she can't do much, but her damage output can be surprisingly consistent.

In other worlds, D.va's basically the bomb.

That's exactly how I play her. Great post.

Edit: My stats with D.va:

Antiwhippy

Also is it just me or is Masteroverwatch just filled with those mobile ads that reroutes you to a separate ad site?

Man I don't know why people have trouble with that team, I've never lost once against a team of 6 Torbjörns, and then one of the times when we got near the end they all switched to Winston and we still won.

Can I enquire as to how you would beat 6 of Torbjorns?

Our team got steam rolled by them and it was quite disheartening.

TheYanger

Can I enquire as to how you would beat 6 of Torbjorns?

Our team got steam rolled by them and it was quite disheartening.

A couple dvas would just wreck them. Hanzos would do well, junkrats, etc. lots of things. 6 torbs aren't actually that different than 1 or 2 torbs. There are only so many viable turret spots that aren't super vulnerable.

Dunlop

A couple dvas would just wreck them. Hanzos would do well, junkrats, etc. lots of things. 6 torbs aren't actually that different than 1 or 2 torbs. There are only so many viable turret spots that aren't super vulnerable.

The speed to which the 6 turrets will track anything that comes within range means whatever you send towards it would be instantly killed. If my fluke you take out a turret it would just be rebuilt right away

I played on a 6 torb team once, with all of the turrets around the defense zone in a semi circle. Anything that came in range was vaporized. You are taking shots from too many angles to have a hope in hell

The tracking is just too quick, on the PS4 at least

ekim

I'm not sure about it but I *think* you can deflect the inevitable shot after getting hooked by Roadhog as Genji. Surely a thing of timing tho.

The speed to which the 6 turrets will track anything that comes within range means whatever you send towards it would be instantly killed. If my fluke you take out a turret it would just be rebuilt right away

I played on a 6 torb team once, with all of the turrets around the defense zone in a semi circle. Anything that came in range was vaporized. You are taking shots from too many angles to have a hope in hell

I want to try a team of 6 Symmetras

The trump card behind dvas is to get an ult and just ult destroy the turrets. The key to success is destroying the turrets all at once so they can't just ult and build them back up.

Plus dva has defense matrix and a lot of armor to absorb those shots while teammates take down turrets. Same with reinhardt's shielding. Junkrat hits from out of LOS in some spots.

Antiwhippy

Defense matrix up close, tank the damage and you destroy them pretty quickly. Have a couple of pharas too and 6 torbs always gets steamrolled.

Ken

I'm not sure about it but I *think* you can deflect the inevitable shot after getting hooked by Roadhog as Genji. Surely a thing of timing tho.

I think the stun lasts long enough for Roadhog to get one shot off assuming no latency?

TheYanger

It's slower on console actually.

Also, if you're running into the crossfire of them, obviously you're going to die, but you can pick apart the edges. He can only drop 1 turret every 12 seconds. And D.va can literally just fly right up to one, and mow it down, repeat (yes, you'll die) until you've got some ults, and plop em down. No more turrets.

Hex

Banned
The trump card behind dvas is to get an ult and just ult destroy the turrets. The key to success is destroying the turrets all at once so they can't just ult and build them back up.

Plus dva has defense matrix and a lot of armor to absorb those shots while teammates take down turrets. Same with reinhardt's shielding. Junkrat hits from out of LOS in some spots.

Nobody would be stupid enough to clump them all together.
There are plenty of door ways and angles to have a nasty crossfire where you might get one then destroyed from behind. By the time you get back the turret is back in a slightly different layout.
Put one at the back door pointing out for those cheeky people that like to fly over to the back porch or go get that life, behind the lantern facing backward, two from the back corners facing forward, one in the front room stairs far to the back.
While you have that you Still have to deal with all of the Tobs tossing armor at each other and shooting at you

Klyka

Banned
I think the stun lasts long enough for Roadhog to get one shot off assuming no latency?

As a Roadhog you want to hold down the fire button right after a hook so you minimize the delay between the hook and your shot.
That usually helps.

Then the last Roadhog I encountered was too slow.

You're always able to get a shot off before the person can react. Thing is, Roadhog's hook can be a little wonky. The person doesn't always land in the center of your screen. Take too long to adjust and they're able to get themselves out of it.

Nobody would be stupid enough to clump them all together.
There are plenty of door ways and angles to have a nasty crossfire where you might get one then destroyed from behind. By the time you get back the turret is back in a slightly different layout.
Put one at the back door pointing out for those cheeky people that like to fly over to the back porch or go get that life, behind the lantern facing backward, two from the back corners facing forward, one in the front room stairs far to the back.
While you have that you Still have to deal with all of the Tobs tossing armor at each other and shooting at you

Turrets are easy af to deal with though. If you're taking at 2-3 with a single ult from a single character, you see why it's a trump card right? You have 5 other characters on your team to press that advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom