• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rize_21

R77Oskj.jpg

So...do we have any informations concerning this hero?
I'd be down if it's an offense/support one, I mean look at that, looks like a half-omnic/ half human hero, that's awesome!

PatjuhR

Had a pretty fun Pharah mirror match last night. We kept missing each other until I killed him. After that guy respawned, he was probably mad cuz he came right for me while I was shooting someone else, lol

It's one of my favourite things as Pharah. The long range fights with either Widowmaker, Hanzo or another Pharah.

Especially the ones where we are both in the air with Pharah.

Auctopus

Winston
Pharah
Torbjorn
Mercy

...are my current favourites/mains. I've tried to cover myself for whatever position a team needs but i'm still working on...

Rheinhart
Bastion
Zarya
Genji

Blues1990

That's awful I hope the asshole gets banned. I don't understand how people can be such jerks to women playing games, it's honestly refreshing hearing a female voice for a change when playing, you don't go insulting them.

Shit like this is why my wife won't even play public matches online with me anymore.

It's part of the reason why my girly friend and I enjoy playing Splatoon together, as cutting out voice chat as part of it's game design (which, unless if you are playing with close friends, is usually a volatile cesspool of negativity, racial slurs & bigotry) felt like a breath of fresh air for both of us.

Owensboro

Yeah, tons and tons and tons.

Just search for the character's name on Youtube and add guide to the end. Find your favourite youtuber. They're all alright.

I tried that for Winston and all I found were a bunch of tasteless Harambe jokes. I'm hoping some direct recommendations from people here would end up a little better.

There's a channel called Overwatch Central that has some pretty good quick guides. Around 5 min each. I recommend them.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Second question, what are you pad users using for button layout? I took someone else's suggestion here and switched jump to L1 and it's helped immensely with Pharah, Mercy, and Lucio.

Manoko

So...do we have any informations concerning this hero?
I'd be down if it's an offense/support one, I mean look at that, looks like a half-omnic/ half human hero, that's awesome!

Doesn't look like she'd be a hero to be honest, the poster is for the fashion week.

Zaventem

Gonna wait out 10 minutes before i try a match. Just left 3 games before they started where 4 out of the 6 were level 2- 8 and i and another guy were the only ones above 50. I've hear some people say it doesn't match on level but by MMR. Forced 50% fucking sucks, i don't want to carry a team.

Widowmaker being able to one-shot Zenyatta without even needing a headshot is such a turn-off. Pubs never try to defend Zenyatta, so there's nothing to do put counterpick when you're up against a good Widow :/

I tried that for Winston and all I found were a bunch of tasteless Harambe jokes. I'm hoping some direct recommendations from people here would end up a little better.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Second question, what are you pad users using for button layout? I took someone else's suggestion here and switched jump to L1 and it's helped immensely with Pharah, Mercy, and Lucio.

I thought the Gamespot guides were alright for the essentials.

Only options I think I've changed are swapping melee attacks and crouching and, like you did, change the jump button for Lucio.

Gonna wait out 10 minutes before i try a match. Just left 3 games before they started where 4 out of the 6 were level 2- 8 and i and another guy were the only ones above 50. I've hear some people say it doesn't match on level but by MMR. Forced 50% fucking sucks, i don't want to carry a team.

Level != player skill. I've seen level 8's do way better than level 50's. Both in Overwatch and other games.

BlindRage

Are there any good video tutorials out there for all the Overwatch characters? I was hoping to find a quick reference for characters I just don't understand, and plain text isn't helping me much. For instance, LurkerPrime's help with D.Va sounds great, but I can't put it into practice at all and I still just don't get the character :(

Idk if you're on consoles but Maka91 has some good youtube videos that I used to help me learn some characters and even get their achievements/trophies. I don't think he has every character up but a good amount of them are.

Personally, I love the good defense maps where no one wants to be support, so I just pull out Symmetra and we wreck them.

RemiLP

Are there any good vids out of "pro" competetive matches on console? I wanna see how the game looks like when characters are played to their potential.

You sure they aren't over lvl 100. They would have a star under their portrait

aeolist

Banned
Are there any good vids out of "pro" competetive matches on console? I wanna see how the game looks like when characters are played to their potential.

so far the high level players are all on pc. that's partly because the closed and open betas were pc-only but also because you're just not getting the same level of play out of a controller.

Mupod

I don't get worked up over in game chat and most people tend to mock the salty guys who bitch at their own team. It's usually more funny than anything else.

"wow my team is shit nobody would kill Mercy"

"dude you were Genji isn't that your job"

whiner has left the voice channel

One time myself and my two friends got matched into a group of 3 randoms that had apparently just lost a match against a 6 stack. And they were shit talking like crazy, the guys on our team implied it was fairly close but they respond, and I quote, "WOW BRO YOU NEED A REALITY CHECK". Cue one of my most dominant Pharah matches ever and oh boy did they ever shut up quick. I resisted the urge to spam REALITY CHECK after my kill streak had climbed above 15.

This is what team work do.

Was playing with some PS4 GAFers and we combined Zarya's gravity pull with my Pharah's barrage resulting in a complete team kill and us taking the point.

Litterally where my rockets are going was their entire team.

Awesome games tonight guys!

Last night I finally managed to pull off this combo a few times with a random Pharah using only the 'my ultimate is charged' Z shortcut. Hanzo is my favorite one to combine with since he can do it safely and it goes through Rein's shield.

saskuatch

I was having a pretty good winning streak going on then I started getting matched with clowns who main widow maker and hanzo and now just losing game after game. No matter the situation these idiots would watch from afar missing all their shots while the other team caps the point/payload. Is there an influx of new players? Every match I get onto note is like level 10s.

Zaventem

You sure they aren't over lvl 100. They would have a star under their portrait

I am 100% sure i know about the star thing. Another picture of a match i took but decided to roll with it because i need some action. I can see myself playing with 20s and 30s because they have a minor feel of the game but matching me with people under level 10?? that's a bit extreme

PatjuhR

What helped me when I was really frustrated with my random teammates is realized that the opposing team probably has stupid random teammates aswell

Heng

Not sure if I should have posted here or in the thread for fan art for OW, but still wanted to share regardless. I think it looks amazing.

If anyone wants to see him sculpt this live, his channel is twitch.tv/Mankej_

patchday

Not sure if I should have posted here or in the thread for fan art for OW, but still wanted to share regardless. I think it looks amazing.

If anyone wants to see him sculpt this live, his channel is twitch.tv/Mankej_

yeah that's very well done :)

I got my first Legendary skin at level 24 last night: Roadhog's Toa skin.
Apart from when I got the game, the only time I've played as him was yesterday for two matches. He was kinda fun to play as but I'm not a huge fan. That being said, the Toa skin is one of my favourite Legendary skins, so I'm happy.

Owensboro

So what is the highest win percentage of anyone who's over, let's say, level 30?

I'm only at 53.8%.

I'm no where near level 30, but how do you check that? Is there a website that scrapes all that information from Blizzard, or does Blizzard let you check your stats on battle.net or something?

Having fun with winston today hes my favourite tank he's a total boss :D

https://gfycat.com/ZestyTalkativeBarnowl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLJ1OysjD2I

That's spectacular. Had a Reinhardt do the same thing to my entire team yesterday (and kill himself, of course).

Interfectum

So what is the highest win percentage of anyone who's over, let's say, level 30?

I'm only at 53.8%.

My overall is like 55%.

But my Symmetra, my most played hero by far, has a win rate of 75%. I'm even using her on attack now and helping the team win. Something about her clicks with me. Also lots of non-TF2 players failing to understand how important teleports are and ignoring mine. :eek:

Alexm92

Man this thread is moving fast. I cant read it often enough to keep up lol.

Really looking forward to competitive mode. These randoms are doing my nut in. I don't understand why some people just refuse to play the objective.

I got the joker junkrat skin from a lootbox so I've been using him a lot. Very easy to get POTG though I haven't mastered timing my wheel explosions. I try to get the perfect one and it ends up getting destroyed. It has a deceptively long range so I should blow it up a little earlier.

The current queue is casual drop in games. Talk about leaver penalties when they add ranked queue. If anything quick queue doesn't need any leaver penalty other than getting a loss and not getting xp.

Widowmaker being able to one-shot Zenyatta without even needing a headshot is such a turn-off. Pubs never try to defend Zenyatta, so there's nothing to do put counterpick when you're up against a good Widow :/

I went up against a team of 6 zenyattas. I had just read in this thread that window could 1 shot him, so I picked her and it was the easiest round I've ever played. I was taking on 3-4 at once and just knocking them down like paper targets. I think it permanently turned me off of zenyatta because there is a widow in most pub games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom