• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaventem

I don't know about the footsteps but if it was Hanzo or Widow infra sight ability, the replay would have shown my red body outline before I appeared in view. There was none of that.

Very late reply but you can definitely hear footsteps. I use headphones and you hear the enemy flanking if they don't crouch.

peakish

Why wouldn't pushing 6x torbs with 2 reinhardt work? Get S76s, Junkrats or Pharahs behind those shields and shred them. Seems to me that it would take forever for even 6 turrets to break one or two shields, and the DPS from inside would melt the turrets and the swedes.

I just hopped into this yesterday, and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. I'm not really a shooter type of person, or a competitive gamer in general, but the game offers enough characters for me to have a good time. I've mostly messed around with Mercy, Junkrat and Symmetra, but I feel like I want to give all of them a try for at least an hour of in-game time eventually.

That said, for all the variation there is in the characters, I'm seeing a ton of repetition online in rosters. It feels like every match I play has multiple Widowmakers, Bastions, Reinhardts, Soldier 76s, and an unhealthy amount of Reapers. Maybe it's because I'm playing on the lower tiers still though. I hope that as I rank up, people will expand their options. As it stands, I kind of wish the game would just randomise the character you played as until you hit level 15.

Looks like I need to rebut this game on Xbox One to play with my Grill Friend.

Does Level/Data transfer over format PC to Consoles? If I'm level 25 on PC will I be Level 25 on Xbox?

My buddy usually plays Genji when we play, so I don't really pick him, but since he's not home tonight, I was able to play Genji for quite a few rounds. I'm definitely getting better with him, but I could definitely work on my aim in a close encounter. That goes for any character, really. I really like the two part sprays some characters have. My other friend plays Hanzo, and we always do the Yin Yang spray with Genji and Hanzo. That spray is the only thing I've bought with in-game currency so far.

Klyka

Banned
I don't know how to enjoy this game anymore.

It seems all the fun and joy I had in the first week has given way to anger, self-doubt, anxiousness and boredom.

No idea what changed or how to get the fun back.

m4st4

It seems all the fun and joy I had in the first week has given way to anger, self-doubt, anxiousness and boredom.

Are you loosing way too much these days? That may be your reason. Either put it on ice for couple of days or get reeally fucking intense during clutch moments (aka: go for the win) or just, you know, stop caring about wins. Easier said than done I know.

PatjuhR

Friends to play with probably

cuilan

As D.va, the secret is to make them care about you. Boost in, attack. Boost out, above; find medpack and heal. Boost in, kill. Defense matrix as appropriate. Stay just out of their reach while alone, or stand proud in a group; the enemy will struggle to kill her either way. If mech is downed, either go out in a blaze of glory, or retreat and pepper them with the peashooter until it's back. Once her ult is ready, figure out an enemy holdpoint, boost the mech in that direction, and let the self-destruct do its work.

She's not great at surviving sustained attacks like Reinhardt, but she can be incredibly tenacious if she boosts in and out of battle. Her maneuverability is second to none thanks to the boosters, and her basic attack is literally relentless. Coupled with a defense matrix that can give decisive protection to D.va in an approach, or allies attacking from behind her, it makes her an incredibly dangerous threat. And then, of course, there is her room-clearing ult, perfect to bust any enemy bunkers. This is without getting into her almost sniper-esque form when out of the mech... she can't do much, but her damage output can be surprisingly consistent.

In other worlds, D.va's basically the bomb.

Yep, this is the way D.Va is supposed to be used. To add to this, boosting into enemies is also a great way to cause confusion while both escaping and taking out the weak at once.

DedValve

Banned
Does boosting into enemies as d.va do damage?

My favorite thing is when there is an opportune moment to boost someone outside of the map. Feels good man.

cHinzo

Does boosting into enemies as d.va do damage?

My favorite thing is when there is an opportune moment to boost someone outside of the map. Feels good man.

It does 50 damage iirc.

Man I love D.Va. She works so well on attack from my experience, because she can cause confusion in the backline and not give the enemy the time to get a good setup going.

Klyka

Banned
Are you loosing way too much these days? That may be your reason. Either put it on ice for couple of days or get reeally fucking intense during clutch moments (aka: go for the win) or just, you know, stop caring about wins. Easier said than done I know.

No,I win the same as before. i got a 58% winrate.
It's more that I feel I personally lose, eventhough we might win the round.

Friends to play with probably

I play/played with friends but even then I get angry and my friends don't really enjoy playing with me anymore.

I just don't know what happened.

I don't derive any joy out of any engagements in the game anymore.
I just sigh every time I die.

Orcastar

This happened to me after just two or three days!

Then I realised that multiplayer shooters have never been a genre that I particularly enjoy and that wasting €40 on one just because it was developed by Blizzard and had cool character designs was a really stupid thing to do.

SeanR1221

When I look at time played, I wonder how much the total time ACTUALLY is, between waiting for games, reading stats, looking at skins, etc. So addicted to this game.

I'll say that playing with friends is completely different from playing alone. I remember when the game first came out and I played with friends, I had fun no matter who I was playing or whether we were winning or losing. I remember lurking through the original OT and wondering why people kept getting mad at playing with randoms. I honestly couldn't understand why people posted about getting mad at randoms for not taking objectives or not picking certain heroes. I always just thought, "Eh, let them play who they want and just have fun."

And yeah, that totally changed when I decided to play alone one day. I actually got really annoyed with the randoms, so now I understand the frustration. But honestly, I just try to improve with the characters I like playing. If the randoms decide to ignore objectives, then fine, I'll just play for myself. I mean, I'm not good at the game, but I'm not gonna let people stop me from playing. So with that thought in mind I try not to get upset with random players anymore.

PatjuhR

The ult is too large and the duration is too long. If it affected turrets it would be able to take entire turret setups across the whole level.

Yea, haha. That's exactly why I brought it up. People were discussing how go get rid of 6 turrets. Seemed like a pretty good solution if his ult was able to do that.

Maybe good that it isn't

Hyun Sai

Yea, haha. That's exactly why I brought it up. People were discussing how go get rid of 6 turrets. Seemed like a pretty good solution if his ult was able to do that.

Maybe good that it isn't

Heeh, imagine if they patch the console version to make Hanzo THE hard counter to Tjorb stacking, that would be hilarious.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I play/played with friends but even then I get angry and my friends don't really enjoy playing with me anymore.

Then don't play it?

Radical idea I know

burn.money

Neo Member

play with atleast 2 friends on your team. you can have a couple randoms on your team. if you have a good 3-4 man squad going then you can really do some damage and win a bunch of games. plus playing with friends yaknow lol

Son Of D

Was playing on Nepal as Lucio and my team had the point. A lone Reaper teleports into the point so I push him off with the alt fire. So what does the Reaper do? Tries it two more times with the same results.

Copenap

This happened to me after just two or three days!

Then I realised that multiplayer shooters have never been a genre that I particularly enjoy and that wasting €40 on one just because it was developed by Blizzard and had cool character designs was a really stupid thing to do.
And yet you are still browsing the OT, Overwatch still has its grasp on you, that's how addicting it is.

Zomba13

Maybe not the best place to ask but is Shadowplay (Nvidia, PC) always a piece of shit that doesn't work? Recently turned it on as a way to record plays and highlights from this game and as a better alternative to using the Xbox app Game DVR built into Windows 10 because I could tweak the settings more. I have a brilliant run as Zarya on Kings Row, 21 kills, no deaths, complete lockdown and think "yeah, that'd be good to record" so hit my record key and then go and check the folder where things should save and it's not there. This happened before where it recorded just a bunch of useless shit.

Never had an issue with the Game DVR though, even if I'm not super happy with the quality and options.

Take a break, play something else.

Lovely people.

NyPugdN.png

Had this guy do nothing but insult my friend and call her a cunt over and over just because she's a high level. She never even insulted the guy once.

That's awful I hope the asshole gets banned. I don't understand how people can be such jerks to women playing games, it's honestly refreshing hearing a female voice for a change when playing, you don't go insulting them.

Shit like this is why my wife won't even play public matches online with me anymore.

Owensboro

Are there any good video tutorials out there for all the Overwatch characters? I was hoping to find a quick reference for characters I just don't understand, and plain text isn't helping me much. For instance, LurkerPrime's help with D.Va sounds great, but I can't put it into practice at all and I still just don't get the character :(

LiK

Had a pretty fun Pharah mirror match last night. We kept missing each other until I killed him. After that guy respawned, he was probably mad cuz he came right for me while I was shooting someone else, lol

I love breaking a Defense's lines with D.Va. Pop matrix and boost past them, they usually all chase me towards their capture point while the rest of my team attacks them from behind and sweeps them up. Mostly...usually...when the randos are on point, at least.

Are there any good video tutorials out there for all the Overwatch characters? I was hoping to find a quick reference for characters I just don't understand, and plain text isn't helping me much. For instance, LurkerPrime's help with D.Va sounds great, but I can't put it into practice at all and I still just don't get the character :(

Yeah, tons and tons and tons.

Just search for the character's name on Youtube and add guide to the end. Find your favourite youtuber. They're all alright.

LiK

There's a channel called Overwatch Central that has some pretty good quick guides. Around 5 min each. I recommend them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom