• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I have sinned.

Unlocked a skin for Mei and played her for a while, I actually enjoyed it.

Forgive me.
I still have maybe 7 champs unplayed at level 39. I started playing Mei recently and she's a ton of fun. Unique playstyle, cute voice, funny ice spikes.

I only -occasionally- put a wall in my face when I meant to put it somewhere else. And I'm awful at wallboosting myself.

Mupod

on the subject of Widowmakers how the fuck are they quickscope headshotting me? Like instant scope in critical, dead. Must be something wrong with the replay because when I try that on the practice bots it does like 10 damage.

on the subject of Widowmakers how the fuck are they quickscope headshotting me? Like instant scope in critical, dead. Must be something wrong with the replay because when I try that on the practice bots it does like 10 damage.
A half charged headshot will kill low health targets.

LiK

What platform are you on? Also, any charged attack near your head is death.

patchday

Gonna wait out 10 minutes before i try a match. Just left 3 games before they started where 4 out of the 6 were level 2- 8 and i and another guy were the only ones above 50. I've hear some people say it doesn't match on level but by MMR. Forced 50% fucking sucks, i don't want to carry a team.

well if you're getting matched with low levels I'm willing to bet your mmr is likely very close to a new player. MMR normally starts out at a decent value so the game can decrement/increment from this baseline

So I should never not be Torbjorn or Symmetra.

CkRZon9WgAA6_D9.jpg

So other than the McCree and D.Va changes, who else do people want to see nerfed/buffed?

Personally, I'm just hoping for a Widowmaker nerf and a Zenyatta buff. Widow is just blatantly overpowered (at least on PC, I hear she's perfectly fine on console) and often forces entire games to revolve around her. Zenyatta is just too squishy. I'm sure it was fine back when he could stick an orb then hide forever, but now that he needs LoS to be relevant, he desperately needs a significant improvement to his health, movement, or both. Honestly, I'd like to see him get 50 armor on top of his current set, though that may be a bit much. He's the only support I enjoy playing, I just wish he was worth the effort.

For the most part, the game feels really well balanced. I think Blizzard did a really impressive job, given how many heroes there are.

patchday

Blizzard games do not have timeout penalties for disconnects that's just how it is.

edit: For instance, in Heroes of the Storm, you get kicked into some sort of purgatory after too many disconnects.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
So other than the McCree and D.Va changes, who else do people want to see nerfed/buffed?

Personally, I'm just hoping for a Widowmaker nerf and a Zenyatta buff. Widow is just blatantly overpowered (at least on PC, I hear she's perfectly fine on console) and often forces entire games to revolve around her. Zenyatta is just too squishy. I'm sure it was fine back when he could stick an orb then hide forever, but now that he needs LoS to be relevant, he desperately needs a significant improvement to his health, movement, or both. Honestly, I'd like to see him get 50 armor on top of his current set, though that may be a bit much. He's the only support I enjoy playing, I just wish he was worth the effort.

For the most part, the game feels really well balanced. I think Blizzard did a really impressive job, given how many heroes there are.

I'm honestly okay with Zenyatta as-is. His DPS and range are insane. His buffs are good. His ult is amazing for a final push. He just requires being a more cognizant player than most other heroes.

I love the pudge hook in this game:

https://gfycat.com/DaringTotalAzurevase

That's awesome! Haha.

My favorite thing while playing D.Va is to come up behind Pudge --- I mean, Roadhog, when they're doing this and bump them off.

I'm honestly okay with Zenyatta as-is. His DPS and range are insane. His buffs are good. His ult is amazing for a final push. He just requires being a more cognizant player than most other heroes.

He's awesome, but I'd like to see a bump in health to 200 so he isn't one-shotted by a Widowmaker no matter where she hits him.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Blizzard games do not have timeout penalties for disconnects that's just how it is.

Oh, then we're in agreement.

Yeah, getting disconnected sucks - but it can happen to anyone.

I'm for timeout penalties for intentional quitters.

X-Frame

I feel like they should look at Torb's turret in some way.

I'm on PS4 if that makes a difference, but that thing seems to have no target range drop-off, no damage drop-off, no firing rate cooldown, and instant targeting no matter if you manage to flank it.

It's likely not as much of an issue on PC with so many Widow's but on PS4 it seems to be more effective. Plus, I'm sick of all the Torb turret POTG's.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Personally, I'm just hoping for a Widowmaker nerf and a Zenyatta buff.

No way Zenyatta gets any sort of buff without Discord Orb getting a nerf at the same time. You might as well not even play Roadhawg/Winston if the other team has Zenyatta. Discord Orb turns either of them into an obese Tracer without blink/rewind. Roadhawg in particular is hard-countered since he has no shield/escape mechanics.

Level 30, 52% win rate, all games played with randoms.

I am 33 and 55% win rate, also with all randoms.

I don't find much issue with the matchmaking like some people have, sometimes it goes a bit haywire and one side gets steamrollered but generally it's been a great experience.

The system doesn't punish occasional leaves. If you DC or something comes up you aren't gonna be punished for it. But if you keep trying to play when you're about to leave or your connection is poor then that's your problem.

Mupod

A half charged headshot will kill low health targets.

I suppose it's possible that on the replay I was being shot by someone else at the exact same moment, but it happened twice in the same match. I'm just not sure why someone would be going for a totally uncharged shot to begin with. I'm perfectly aware of how good some people are but there's 'landing every headshot' and there's 'playing unnaturally'. As far as I know there's no tricky way to maintain a charge without the scope.

What platform are you on? Also, any charged attack near your head is death.

PC and to be clear I'm specifically referring to a shot that was not charged at all. Like the scope was barely even on the screen before the shot was fired. I use Widowmaker myself often enough and I have a lot of time on the TF2 sniper.

Interfectum

I am 33 and 55% win rate, also with all randoms.

I don't find much issue with the matchmaking like some people have, sometimes it goes a bit haywire and one side gets steamrollered but generally it's been a great experience.

Same.

Also the times you get dumped into a bad team you have a few options. Fuck around and just have fun, try different heroes or attempt to pull team together (voice chat + tank/support role). Most of the time I get put on a fairly competent team. It's just best to not give up early if the initial choices seem worrying. Just pick a good hero, play it well and see if others adjust.

fuzzyset

No way Zenyatta gets any sort of buff without Discord Orb getting a nerf at the same time. You might as well not even play Roadhawg/Winston if the other team has Zenyatta. Discord Orb turns either of them into an obese Tracer without blink/rewind. Roadhawg in particular is hard-countered since he has no shield/escape mechanics.

Yeah, I love when my team does the Tracer/Zen combo. My friend calls out Discord orbs and I take em down as Tracer. 3 secs is enough to melt *most* characters with an orb before it gets returned. Zen doesn't even need to be out in the open too long with auto-target.

patchday

I feel like they should look at Torb's turret in some way.

I'm on PS4 if that makes a difference, but that thing seems to have no target range drop-off, no damage drop-off, no firing rate cooldown, and instant targeting no matter if you manage to flank it.

It's likely not as much of an issue on PC with so many Widow's but on PS4 it seems to be more effective. Plus, I'm sick of all the Torb turret POTG's.

yeah he's much less of an issue on PC due to the popularity of snipers. I play both PS4/PC although been mainly on PC. So I'm not quite an expert on this.

But yeah but as we discussed earlier in the thread- Widowmaker much less popular on consoles. But then again I 'think' Hanzo still sees play on Console? The turret should be easy to shopot on console still due to them being stationary

Anyway pretty much all conjecture on my point

X-Frame

Yeah, I love when my team does the Tracer/Zen combo. My friend calls out Discord orbs and I take em down as Tracer. 3 secs is enough to melt *most* characters with an orb before it gets returned. Zen doesn't even need to be out in the open too long with auto-target.

Do Discord Orbs always return to Zen after 3 seconds or only after 3 seconds once breaking LoS?

I need to play him more it seems.

Interfectum

yeah he's much less of an issue on PC due to the popularity of snipers. I play both PS4/PC although been mainly on PC. So I'm not quite an expert on this.

But yeah but as we discussed earlier in the thread- Widowmaker much less popular on consoles. But then again I 'think' Hanzo still sees play on Console? The turret should be easy to shopot on console still due to them being stationary

Anyway pretty much all conjecture on my point

I play on PS4 around level 30 and I don't see trob being that much of a problem anymore. His turrets are fairly easy to take out unless the team rallies around it (rein protection, etc). I think the only hero that really needs adjusting right now is mccree. He's a bit ridiculous at the moment.

fuzzyset

Do Discord Orbs always return to Zen after 3 seconds or only after 3 seconds once breaking LoS?

I need to play him more it seems.

After breaking LOS. But I mean that Zen doesn't really need to be exposed for that long because if the orb is coordinated, the target can be dead before that even happens. Basically, pop out, call target, I blink in, kill.

edit: assuming no headshots/armor, Tracers pistols empty in 1sec and reload in 1sec, so you can get 2 full magazines (empty/reload/empty) before the orb is returned. Base damage is 6, so 6*40*1.5 = 360 damage per mag, or 720 damage per orb combo.

Something I never understood while watching Competitive Pro Matches is why they feel the need to constantly jump. Doesn't seem to matter what they're doing: Engage in a firefight, Running back to regroup, preparing defensive measures, they're constantly jumping.

DesuNe

I can't imagine they will implement penalties for quitting for unranked but you can bet your Roadhog they will for ranked.

I'm quite a fan of the timeout system. Delayed for queuing for 4 mins for quitting a game then this doubles as they quit games within a certain period of time (24 hours for example).

They could easily implement this for both ranked and unranked. Obviously for ranked quitting you would lose ranking points.

Zaventem

Something I never understood while watching Competitive Matches is why they feel the need to constantly jump. Doesn't seem to matter what they're doing: Engage in a firefight, Running back to regroup, preparing defensive measures, they're constantly jumping.

Because it makes them harder to target. Especially when they have a sniper.

Something I never understood while watching Competitive Pro Matches is why they feel the need to constantly jump. Doesn't seem to matter what they're doing: Engage in a firefight, Running back to regroup, preparing defensive measures, they're constantly jumping.
Harder to aim. Ever seen a Wiston glue on you and monkey around while holdong LMB? That's why

Times you get dumped into a bad team you have a few options. Fuck around and just have fun.

Back in the day on Tema Fortress Classic, when on a shit team I would just pick sniper or spy and fuck around.

Just going for headshots, doing my own thing with spy for the lolz. Certain maps are better suited for "having fun" when on a shit/losing side though.

patchday

yeah like the other reply said, makes you a bit harder to target. especially when you can be one shot by so many things if you're Mercy like me majority of the time

So I should never not be Torbjorn or Symmetra.

CkRZon9WgAA6_D9.jpg

Uj9x4h8.png

i should also stop subbing in people on a losing battle. that doesn't get added to my losses right? lol

also masteroverwatch has better aggregation than watcher.gg. saw that watcher.gg lagged behind a few games. so i'm sure other datas will be off.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't really understand what the point of breaking Reinhardt's shield is when the cooldown is practically nothing anyways

Should really have some kind of punishment for losing your shield.

Same.

Also the times you get dumped into a bad team you have a few options. Fuck around and just have fun, try different heroes or attempt to pull team together (voice chat + tank/support role). Most of the time I get put on a fairly competent team. It's just best to not give up early if the initial choices seem worrying. Just pick a good hero, play it well and see if others adjust.

Aye, I have played a few games that start so horribly they seem like a lost cause, then the other team gets overly confident people realise their mistakes and change heroes and we end up winning. The games are that short there is no real need to give up at any point.

fuzzyset

I don't really understand what the point of breaking Reinhardt's shield is when the cooldown is practically nothing anyways

Should really have some kind of punishment for losing your shield.

It takes a few seconds to recharge after breaking. If the shield is protecting anything, those things will either be dead or the formation will have to scatter. Either result is a good thing.

That's awesome! Haha.

My favorite thing while playing D.Va is to come up behind Pudge --- I mean, Roadhog, when they're doing this and bump them off.

He's awesome, but I'd like to see a bump in health to 200 so he isn't one-shotted by a Widowmaker no matter where she hits him.
I think the actual fix is to pull down Widow's charged damage to about 125. She'll still kill squishies with two charged body shots or one headshot, but she won't demolish tanks as fast, she won't kill Zenyatta in one hit, and people will actually have to pick their shots a little better instead of spamming.

And I say that as a 3.3 E/D, 60.1% winning Widowmaker.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I can't imagine they will implement penalties for quitting for unranked but you can bet your Roadhog they will for ranked.

Why are you trying to imagine something that already exists? Finish less than 70% of your last 20 games, you'll get a leaver penalty which is -75% exp until you raise your completion percentage significantly.

That said the penalty is kind of stupid because the people who quit games don't do so because they're worried about experience points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom