• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Now that I'm 50, might take a break. It's still fun but I find some maps getting stale. I want more capture/KOTH maps. Payload maps suck ass.

I've seen a lot of Seagull's Genji and it's so fun to watch, but I play on PS4 and would love to see some of the awesome players from that side of the Overwatch community rock that hero. Anyone know any videos of some solid Genji on the PS4?

Mupod

Level 63, 53.2% win rate. Vast majority of my games were either solo or with 1-2 friends.

From the stats, oddly enough Zenyatta seems like overall my most successful character. It 's probably because I'm a bit more choosy with when I pick him. I am a force of nature on Zarya which means she is my go-to for trying to carry the godawful teams it matches me with, not always successfully.

Likewise I've won a lot of Reinhardt matches due to just walking the payload to the end of King's Row while the other 11 people in the match played CoD in random corners of the map.

Drewfonse

I've seen a lot of Seagull's Genji and it's so fun to watch, but I play on PS4 and would love to see some of the awesome players from that side of the Overwatch community rock that hero. Anyone know any videos of some solid Genji on the PS4?

I'm going to give Pharah a shot. Will I need to remap the controller configuration on XONE to be able to hover and aim at the same time? Isn't hover A?

The current queue is casual drop in games. Talk about leaver penalties when they add ranked queue. If anything quick queue doesn't need any leaver penalty other than getting a loss and not getting xp.

I disagree. If games were longer, I'd be more inclined to say that casual should be more lenient. But if you can't hack out 5-10 minutes for a match, then don't queue up.

Removing the penalty means all you're going to get are people who join a match, whiff a couple skills and then rage quit. That minute or so without a full adapted teammate ruins it for the rest.

Now that I'm 50, might take a break. It's still fun but I find some maps getting stale. I want more capture/KOTH maps. Payload maps suck ass.

I keep getting KOTH/Captures and I want more Payload. I like getting behind their team and coming in to throw them into chaos.

Neoxon

Look what plainr_ whipped up.

FsV2rUN.gif

Mupod

I checked everyone on my friends list recently and I don't think I saw anyone under 50 or over 60. Highest was 58%.

Mevlock

Neo Member
Overall 55% at level 55. I only solo queue as I have no friends :( lol.

Pc gamer as well. But yeah Torb is ridiculous. With him my win rate is 70%.

People say Bastion is no good now but my win rate with him is almost 60%. I find if you use him very well and only in certain circumstances (he's very niche) you can still decimate the opposing team. Wouldn't work in competitive obviously.

FeD.nL

Yup. Fan the Hammer should do way less damage.

McCree can sneak up behind a tank and flashbang them, and rip them apart with it.

I think fan should also be way more inaccurate or have a huge damage falloff for anyhing beyond point blank. It's stupid that McCree's can use it in midrange encounters.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I disagree. If games were longer, I'd be more inclined to say that casual should be more lenient. But if you can't hack out 5-10 minutes for a match, then don't queue up.

Removing the penalty means all you're going to get are people who join a match, whiff a couple skills and then rage quit. That minute or so without a full adapted teammate ruins it for the rest.

Completely agreed.

The current queue is casual drop in games. Talk about leaver penalties when they add ranked queue. If anything quick queue doesn't need any leaver penalty other than getting a loss and not getting xp.
Quick queue needs leaver penalties as much as ranked does. I've lost enough matches because someone ragequit and the system took over a minute to replace the leaver, drop in is no excuse.

If you don't have 10 minutes to play then don't queue up. If you want to freely leave don't waste the time of others and play with bots. Simple as that.

Wanted to say I'm very impressed how well Overwatch runs on my almost 6 year old laptop with a GT555 and i7.

Can run it 1080p or 720p with 30fps no probs or drops it seems.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Overall 55% at level 55. I only solo queue as I have no friends :( lol.

Pc gamer as well. But yeah Torb is ridiculous. With him my win rate is 70%.

People say Bastion is no good now but my win rate with him is almost 60%. I find if you use him very well and only in certain circumstances (he's very niche) you can still decimate the opposing team. Wouldn't work in competitive obviously.

I don't think Bastion is OP. That said, if the enemy team has two, on opposite sides, you're gonna lose most the time playing with pubs, IMO. Because taking out two is completely doable... It just requires w tiny bit of coordination.

9 times out of 10, I'm healing cause no one else will... And I still take out more enemy turrets and bastions than anyone else with Zenyatta :-/

mbpm1

Bastion is fun, but you'll spend most of the time with him in standard fire I've found

He stays in one place for any amount of time, normal or siege mode, and he's getting focused down

patchday

That's what I like about Overwatch it is really casual. If people want to ragequit let them leave and replace them with another. We do not need to punish leavers (at least not in non-ranked)

What I always hated bout MOBAs is being stuck in an hour long match when I tried to concede 20 mins in. Just thinking bout that crap gives me the chills. I'm a family man with kids- ain't nobody got time for that!

Auctopus

The only thing I don't like about Mcree right now is how flashbang can be used in such a reactionary way. If I sneak up on him as Winston and start smashing him, he shouldn't be able to immediately spam flashbang and have me stuck in to fan the hammer.

LiK

Countering Bastion is way too easy now. Use Widow or Genji and destroy them. Mei is still a bitch to fight against.

Mupod

Bastion is fun, but you'll spend most of the time with him in standard fire I've found

He stays in one place for any amount of time, normal or siege mode, and he's getting focused down

I play him the same way I do a sniper, except with short lines of sight instead of long ones. Get a few kills and relocate.

Hollywood defense at the first point is great for Bastion because there's so many stupid places to park him. I can only imagine the facepalms people do when they go from getting killed by a robot in the bushes, now he's going up and down on an elevator, now he's sitting on top of a medkit...

Interfectum

Players at higher levels seem to be getting smarter and, at least, acknowledging support/tanks more. I see support get upvoted a LOT even when on opposing team. Also, less Bastions (but more mccrees fuuuuuck).

mbpm1

I play him the same way I do a sniper, except with short lines of sight instead of long ones. Get a few kills and relocate.

Hollywood defense at the first point is great for Bastion because there's so many stupid places to park him. I can only imagine the facepalms people do when they go from getting killed by a robot in the bushes, now he's going up and down on an elevator, now he's sitting on top of a medkit...

Exactly!

It's pretty rewarding when you can pull the hit and run style off.

It helps that if you get caught out of position you have 300 health, a pretty decent standard attack, and self heal.

Things which most snipers won't have. Although you're the biggest non-tank target ever

Rize_21

Bastion can be a gamechanger on the last point on defense, it's like... people don't want to pick him to keep their pride, when the fact is that he can shutdown so many final pushes like Lucio's ult (which is a problem without him).
Bastion, Reinhardt and Mercy have an amazing synergy.

LiK

Bastion can be a gamechanger on the last point on defense, it's like... people don't want to pick him to keep their pride, when the fact is that he can shutdown so many final pushes like Lucio's ult (which is a problem without him).
Bastion, Reinhardt and Mercy have an amazing synergy.

Multiple Bastions is the worst during the end of any match.

patchday

So...do we have any informations concerning this hero?
I'd be down if it's an offense/support one, I mean look at that, looks like a half-omnic/ half human hero, that's awesome!

I think they're hinting at future heroes during the Winston short movie but I might be mistaken

Yup. Fan the Hammer should do way less damage.

McCree can sneak up behind a tank and flashbang them, and rip them apart with it.

IMO the problem is the flashbang. I think it should work more like a proper grenade. A fuse time, or the ability to stun the user if they throw it too close. Still, I welcome any nerfs to McCree.

patchday

Players at higher levels seem to be getting smarter and, at least, acknowledging support/tanks more. I see support get upvoted a LOT even when on opposing team. Also, less Bastions (but more mccrees fuuuuuck).

yeah I'm much more likely to always vote for tank/support rather than dps

Uthred

That's what I like about Overwatch it is really casual. If people want to ragequit let them leave and replace them with another. We do not need to punish leavers (at least not in non-ranked)

What I always hated bout MOBAs is being stuck in an hour long match when I tried to concede 20 mins in. Just thinking bout that crap gives me the chills. I'm a family man with kids- ain't nobody got time for that!

If you dont have time to play for 10 minutes then dont queue up, its annoying for the team left behind having to play with five (or less) and its annoying to join a match just to lose. Even a lenient timeout timer, say a minute or two, would stop most people quitting I think.

IMO the problem is the flashbang. I think it should work more like a proper grenade. A fuse time, or the ability to stun the user if they throw it too close. Still, I welcome any nerfs to McCree.

Thematically, the flashbang makes zero fucking sense. How about some sand in the eyes? TNT? Where the fuck did McCree procure tactitical entry munitions?

I'd don't cry for the nerf so much, but so long as it's very mild I wouldn't mind it. But make the flashbang fit the character theme blizz.

patchday

If you dont have time to play for 10 minutes then dont queue up, its annoying for the team left behind having to play with five (or less) and its annoying to join a match just to lose. Even a lenient timeout timer, say a minute or two, would stop most people quitting I think.

sometimes life happens. They might have been disconnected, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom