• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

Two games in a row, I get dropped midway into games where my team gets steamrolled completely. Like, I am talking about losing objective B on Volskaya half a minute after objective A gets taken out. Thanks a lot.

So I should never not be Torbjorn or Symmetra.

CkRZon9WgAA6_D9.jpg

You and me both :p
hdyzsWy.png

Woo-Fu

Banned
Two games in a row, I get dropped midway into games where my team gets steamrolled completely. Like, I am talking about losing objective B on Volskaya half a minute after objective A gets taken out. Thanks a lot.

To be expected. It is usually the losing team that people abandon mid-match.

Interfectum

Aye, I have played a few games that start so horribly they seem like a lost cause, then the other team gets overly confident people realise their mistakes and change heroes and we end up winning. The games are that short there is no real need to give up at any point.

Yup. I got in this one game where, at first, I thought it was absolutely hopeless. No one was playing their role correctly, just playing deathmatch. I had mentally checked out until I noticed the other team was really slacking too. I was like, "holy shit these guys fucking suck. Why are we losing?" Fired up Reinhardt and spammed 'need healing' and 'team around me.' We pushed through and won. lol

Mupod

It takes a few seconds to recharge after breaking. If the shield is protecting anything, those things will either be dead or the formation will have to scatter. Either result is a good thing.

exactly, most people don't seem to pay attention to the cracks or Reinhardt's voice lines and will stand out in the open afterwards.

as Zarya I do not use my ult if there is a functioning shield nearby (unless I somehow have a Hanzo with ult on voice comms). But the best time to fire it is when the shield is low and everyone's huddled. I just can't break it myself and it's frustrating when I have Soldiers and Junkrats just standing there waiting for someone to peek out.

Quick queue needs leaver penalties as much as ranked does. I've lost enough matches because someone ragequit and the system took over a minute to replace the leaver, drop in is no excuse.

If you don't have 10 minutes to play then don't queue up. If you want to freely leave don't waste the time of others and play with bots. Simple as that.

But, it doesn't really matter if you lose because someone leaves. It's a quick queue you enter to get quick drop in games.

fuzzyset

I usually run in a group of 3-5. If we put our best foot forward (all playing our best heroes which for me is Tracer/Zarya), we have ~60% win rate. Considering we don't play that many FPSs (at least we're real rusty on PC), I'm pretty happy with that. I think my Mercy win rate is like 40% though ><.

Ardenyal

I'll never understand that. They lose all the EXP they probably earned. It's just a loss, who the eff cares about that?

People care about having fun. Being stuck with a group of 5 other people none of which play as a team is not fun.

Uthred

But, it doesn't really matter if you lose because someone leaves. It's a quick queue you enter to get quick drop in games.

Very few of the games you get in the quickplay queue are "drop in" games. The majority of the time you're in it from beginning to end. Losing because people ragequit isnt fun, most people play the game to have fun so yes, it matters.

ramyeon

Pubs were so rough tonight. A few decent groups with one or two people on voice chat but the majority was a mess.

Time zones are going to make weekday night sessions a pain, GAF PS4 group seemed dead tonight.

ElyrionX

Just got into Volskaya attack. I picked Genji. Everyone else on my team then picks Genji too. We lost badly. I'm not sure what they were expecting.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Symmetra was one of my favorites in beta.

Unfortunately, playing Symmetra in pugs is borderline impossible if you want to win. 'Oh, you're Symmetra? I'll switch to Hanzo from Mercy then!'

Very few of the games you get in the quickplay queue are "drop in" games. The majority of the time you're in it from beginning to end. Losing because people ragequit isnt fun, most people play the game to have fun so yes, it matters.

Beginning to end might be 2 minutes it's absolutely nothing to get stressed about. Most games people will even be deliberately throwing by messing around with picks that don't really contribute.

Lmfao! I usually die and think "shit someone really sniped me flying across the screen up a tower?!" Oh right it was a fucking Toblerone turret across the map... fml

Haha yep. I've noticed (via killcam) that I get killed a lot as Mercy because enemies see the player I'm healing run past a doorway and see my beam, and know I'm about to run after them. Guess I should hold back a second and try to fly past instead.

See, if you were my Mercy you wouldn't have to worry about this. :p

That's good to hear, because it sure seems like most players don't give two shits about Mercy and will happily leave them to die!

patchday

in rainbow six getting dropped into an ongoing match does not count as a loss. Does overwatch do this?

I pilot really good support/tank characters so I'm actually doing well when I get dropped in as long as there is a few minutes left.

That's good to hear, because it sure seems like most players don't give two shits about Mercy and will happily leave them to die!

My Wife plays Mercy sometimes, so if I let her die, not only have I failed my team, I've failed my marriage.

Really, though. she lets me have it if I don't turn around fast enough. Or if we hear a tire and I'm not up in the air for her to jump to.

X-Frame

in rainbow six getting dropped into an ongoing match does not count as a loss. Does overwatch do this?

I pilot really good support/tank characters so I'm actually doing well when I get dropped in as long as there is a few minutes left.

Would it skew the W/L % too much if joining in-progress and losing doesn't count as a loss for that late joinee, however if they win then it counts as a win?

Alavard

Just got into Volskaya attack. I picked Genji. Everyone else on my team then picks Genji too. We lost badly. I'm not sure what they were expecting.

Yeah, that's a pretty bad one character team. I faced an all Reaper one the other day, and it was terrible. They just had no chance.

I'm turning into a sucker for stats. I'm currently tryharding in solo queue to get my winrate and elims per life up. So far today I am 10-1 and 4.75. Also raised my winrate up .7% today alone.

I really shouldn't care, because this is just a casual queue. And ranked has separate stats. Can't wait for ranked.

My Wife plays Mercy sometimes, so if I let her die, not only have I failed my team, I've failed my marriage.

Really, though. she lets me have it if I don't turn around fast enough. Or if we hear a tire and I'm not up in the air for her to jump to.

Haha, that's actually really awesome.

I seriously get the impression that most players haven't realized that Mercy has verbal cues when she is being attacked. So many times we've been flanked from the rear and everyone ignores my screams of agony.

old

I wish this game offered some way in-game to group up with likeminded players. I hear of people using discord and Reddit to form groups but that shouldn't need be the case. There should be a way from the main menu.

It's funny, I haven't really touched Mei since the end of the first week and started slowly drifting over to Pharah. Well, Pharah for Attacking and Control maps. Symmetra for Defensive maps.

Though, when Pharah wont do, I'll go Winston. I'm actually surprised he's my number 5. I just started playing Soldier on Saturday after a bad couple of games, and turns out I'm pretty good as him. He fucks up Toblerone turrets the best.

Yeah, that's a pretty bad one character team. I faced an all Reaper one the other day, and it was terrible. They just had no chance.

We got fucked over pretty hard defending on Rt 66 against 6 Soldier 76s. We were doing okay until they got around that first corner, then it was chains of "I've got you in my sights." Which would carry them to the checkpoint. They just repeated that pattern all the way to the end. Couldn't find a solid counter to them.

I wish this game offered some way in-game to group up with likeminded players. I hear of people using discord and Reddit to form groups but that shouldn't need be the case. There should be a way from the main menu.

I don't think I'd ever rely on blizzard to find people for me to play with. There are a ton of people on gaf playing, it's as simple as adding people. Most of the time I get at least 1-2 groups inviting me from gaf, aside from my own friends whom I play more "seriously" with.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

The only good one character team is all McCree, and it's just because of all the "It's High Noon" it gives, it's funny lol.

mbpm1

Haha, that's actually really awesome.

I seriously get the impression that most players haven't realized that Mercy has verbal cues when she is being attacked. So many times we've been flanked from the rear and everyone ignores my screams of agony.

Soldiers have no Mercy

If 3 players pick the same character I'm 100% picking that character as well.
2 of the same if iffy but after the 3rd you have no chance of winning so f-it im just playing for the lols.

How do people feel about leaving due to lag? A few times I've experienced horrendous I'll leave.. I got a warning for the other day because of it. It isn't worth playing when you're constantly stuttering though.

LiK

People care about having fun. Being stuck with a group of 5 other people none of which play as a team is not fun.

Playing with randoms is always gonna be unpredictable and a mess. I just use that time to practice with characters if my team sucks. I now try to join any groups in my friend list to avoid that.

I find a Mercy healing a tank with a Lucio nearby with a heal boost is a near unstoppable team without a coordinated effort by most of the other team.

The only good one character team is all McCree, and it's just because of all the "It's High Noon" it gives, it's funny lol.

A team of six Mercys is basically a destructive wave of destruction being constantly resurrected and the funnest I've ever had, but good look getting a team of pubbies to try this one.

Mupod

I've seen 5x Genji work. They had a Lucio running around too. It was just ENDLESS sword ults and deflects. Granted I was the only one who swapped to counterpick but it was ridiculous. I'd jump in the middle of a pile of Genjis with Winston ult and there'd just be ninjas flying everywhere. Lucio was outhealing my damage though.

I won a match that started as all-Reaper but we had to switch once the payload was secured. The best part was the enemy team suggesting us edgelords try different characters and us giving responses like YOU'RE NOT MY MOM

nOoblet16

It's funny, I haven't really touched Mei since the end of the first week and started slowly drifting over to Pharah. Well, Pharah for Attacking and Control maps. Symmetra for Defensive maps.

Though, when Pharah wont do, I'll go Winston. I'm actually surprised he's my number 5. I just started playing Soldier on Saturday after a bad couple of games, and turns out I'm pretty good as him. He fucks up Toblerone turrets the best.

It's funny how much of a disparity there is between consoles and PC in terms of score.
I have almost the same number of wins/losses and total games as you...yet my ranking for Overall score is #30,091 in EU !!!

My best character is Genji who is the hardest character to play in game and despite having almost the same stats as your best i.e. Mei (though with 100 games) I am ranked #1915 in EU ! Although I vary between 1000-2000 depending on how much I play, I haven't played much in the past 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom