• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDug13

i switched from winston to lucio because the rest of the team wasn't helping anything. then they get mad i switched lol.

one of the maps no one even tried to stop the payload. i'm like. is this a 6vs1. i barely even saw them through the game wtf is that shit.

Why would any team be mad that you switched TO a healer?

Interfectum

Without being rude, you should probably just try to die less as Genji and Soldier 76. You can benefit your team as assault a lot by just not dying and providing as much consistent DPS as you can.

This is true (not about the poster you are quoting but just overall). There have been so many times I'm marching in an area as Reinhardt with a healer behind me while the attackers just rush in front and die. Stop dying. The game isn't a meat grinder where you rush in, die, rinse, repeat. Stay with or near the tank and healer unless your role is to flank and support.

Fuck sometimes as Lucio I'm having to chase down attackers who are low on health and just want to suicide and respawn. I'm like, come to me guys why are you running away. lol

nOoblet16

Without being rude, you should probably just try to die less as Genji and Soldier 76. You can benefit your team as assault a lot by just not dying and providing as much consistent DPS as you can.

Nah cut him some slack, he has 20 games as Genji (the hardest character in the game that also has to play solo a lot) and 11 games as Soldier and KDR of 1.11 and 1.40 respectively.

Lower KDR at the start is normal in like every game for everyone.

You should hear the shit my wife says about our random Reinharts we play with when she is Mercy.

"Where the fuck are you going...? You realize, I'm not going to follow your, right?"

"I guess we're just going to observe the objective from this safe distance over here."

"That's right, drop your shield... it's not like you have 3 teammates shooting from behind you from safety. But you really wanted that flame strike to whiff, huh?"

"Turn the fuck around!"

"Fuck this guy, I'm switching to Lucio..."

I wont play Reinhart because I get it even worse. D:

I agree with her. When I play Mercy, I absolutely love when there is a widow on the opposing team, and Reinhart decides to drop shield to flamestrike Widow, and Widow takes me out. Then again I rarely play with PUGs so it's not an issue tbh, it's only happened twice but I found it funny.

Exile20

Played against a Mccree cheese team(4 man premade) last night on payload. They were the attackers and my team, all soloqers absolutely destroyed them. After they saw they weren't make progress they switched to other heroes but it was too late, after the game one of them said they played 3 other games with the cheese team and won. I was so surprise a team of mccree's can win a game. They have to get too close, you expect a high noon ult every second so it is easy to avoid.

Nothing more satisfying than being on Attack and seeing a Bastion setting himself up into an obvious spot to try and mow us down. Did a quick switch to Genji right before the door opened, deflect and slash, boom. Amazing how many Bastions still don't realize to let off the trigger when they see that cyber ninja coming.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Played against a Mccree cheese team(4 man premade) last night on payload. They were the attackers and my team, all soloqers absolutely destroyed them. After they saw they weren't make progress they switched to other heroes but it was too late, after the game one of them said they played 3 other games with the cheese team and won. I was so surprise a team of mccree's can win a game. They have to get too close, you expect a high noon ult every second so it is easy to avoid.
Unless you're me and get hit with that and the goddamn tire all the time.

You should hear the shit my wife says about our random Reinharts we play with when she is Mercy.

"Where the fuck are you going...? You realize, I'm not going to follow your, right?"

"I guess we're just going to observe the objective from this safe distance over here."

"That's right, drop your shield... it's not like you have 3 teammates shooting from behind you from safety. But you really wanted that flame strike to whiff, huh?"

"Turn the fuck around!"

It's nice to know I'm not the only one that experiences this.

Still, I love playing as Mercy and will continue to do so.

To be fair to reinhardts, fireballs are a big way they get their ult primed to go. And mercy usually doesn't have to stand directly behind the shield to be effective, depending on the map. But yeah, I've seen a lot of reinhardts drop shield at odd times to fireball or they turn for any and every reason and you get creamed.

Give Mercy McCree's stun.

So troll. She'd pop a lot of characters with pistol headshots this way.

Auctopus

Nah cut him some slack, he has 20 games as Genji (the hardest character in the game that also has to play solo a lot) and 11 games as Soldier and KDR of 1.11 and 1.40 respectively.

Lower KDR at the start is normal in like every game for everyone.

Yeah, I know. I wasn't ragging on him. I was just saying he should try to die less going forward, it was just a tip. Wasn't being malicious, sorry if it came across like that.

Why would any team be mad that you switched TO a healer?

because we lost but that was more because the team didn't know how to coordinate. or understand what to do on a payload stage lol

i might stick to picking Lucio since I enjoy his speed and picking at people from a distance.

Repo Man

"Turn the fuck around!"

Lol mine ain't much better regardless of the character she plays...

"Who the fuck got me now!?... its that fucking sniper again! why isn't our snipers taking care of her!"

"That fucking Bastion is a right c*nt!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I didn't mean to shoot my rocket barrage to a fucking wall!"

and so on and so forth.

Think I've finally found my destiny in this game, I'm either stuck playing Reinhardt or Mercy with the occasional dip to Lucio or Roadhog ( if on def ). Thats the downside of playing with randoms, they all wan't to be that awesome deeps character Clint Eastwood dood, Hot-Butt Sniper chick or Skullface. Luckily i like playing Reinhardt and Mercy but the option to try out some dps characters would be nice.

Raven117

The matching making really is quite something...

You can be steamrolling for awhile. Great kills...good team synergy (all with Pubs), then all of a sudden, you lose...and keep losing...for awhile...Teams are silly bad.

kagamin

Ehhhh, I don't know what more there is to say...
N8Ah0Kg.png

mbpm1

You can be steamrolling for awhile. Great kills...good team synergy (all with Pubs), then all of a sudden, you lose...and keep losing...for awhile...Teams are silly bad.

They aim for a 50% w/l ratio so...if you're on a winning streak, expect to start losing

wamberz1

It always makes me laugh when I see Mei platyers stand perfectly still for headshots. I laugh because I've just headshotted them, since they were standing still. Pretty ironic, actually. Meis need to learn how to get headshots while moving.

Interfectum

To get more players on support/healing they should make another edgelord like Reaper and toss it on healing. Maybe like an Arthas style healer that AOE heals with the might of his rage.

Dr. Buni

Gotta keep that precious 50ish% win rate.
To get more players on support/healing they should make another edgelord like Reaper and toss it on healing. Maybe like an Arthas style healer that AOE heals with the might of his rage.
But I like playing supports and edgelords aren't my thing. ç.ç

mbpm1

He should heal allies by doing damage. Play up vampire motif and done

Voror

This may seem a silly question, but does anyone have tips for someone starting to play on PC but having a bit of trouble getting used to WASD for movement? Is it just practice and getting used to it?

Got the PC version too since a bunch of my co-workers play on there and it's nice playing with people I know directly. Just having a bit of trouble with movement compared to playing with a controller.

"Turn the fuck around!"

The amount of Reinhardt's who just randomly drop their shield while their squishies are behind them is staggering, like, they didn't make the thing the size of a football field just for you to be behind it. I had one who was straight up struggling to point it at the enemies who were all standing on the payload directly ahead of us.

Catdaddy

"Turn the fuck around!"

Fell her pain, I switch between Mercy and Lucio often during randoms depending on the team a team that is scattered around the map can be a nightmare for Mercy, whereas Lucio can at least AoE heal, fast and has a pretty damn good attack with no weapon switch. His knockback has made me so happy for those that decide to wander to close to drop-offs, my record for one blast was 3 into the well on Ilios.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's something you get used to with time.

I've been using WASD for so long it's second nature to me I can't even imagine myself not being able to use it. Can't really help on that front but I feel the same way about analog shooters so it's just a matter of time.

nOoblet16

I feel like the game does some sort of rubber banding at 99% capture, causing games to be tense.

There has to be a reason why it's far too common to have extended pushes at 99% leading up to a CP switch between teams, and also very common to have 99%-99% games.

How about the Reinhardt players who run out alone and use their shield. Like, what function are you serving right now exactly? No, I won't heal you because you're not helping.

voOsh

This may seem a silly question, but does anyone have tips for someone starting to play on PC but having a bit of trouble getting used to WASD for movement? Is it just practice and getting used to it?

Got the PC version too since a bunch of my co-workers play on there and it's nice playing with people I know directly. Just having a bit of trouble with movement compared to playing with a controller.

Play with the mouse sensitivity settings in options. You'll probably want to dial it down quite heavily so you're not flinging the crosshairs all over the place.

But mostly it's just putting in the hours of practice.

Voror

It's something you get used to with time.

I've been using WASD for so long it's second nature to me I can't even imagine myself not being able to use it. Can't really help on that front but I feel the same way about analog shooters so it's just a matter of time.

I figured it might be something like that. I do think I'm already doing better then before. I just haven't really done too much PC gaming in quite a long time that used those sorts of controls. Largely strategy stuff or things where using a controller is preferable.

Thank you though.

abundant

With groups it's more like they pair your group up with an equally/less skillful group, then after amassing a win streak of like 5 games, they rebalance and pair your group up with what seems to be an MLG pro team.

Hmm... a support being able to 1v1 a lot of characters? Yeah.

Give it a decent cooldown and restrict it to only being usable while she's on the ground and it's not really a problem. The idea that she shouldn't be able to hold her own 1v1 makes no sense really.

Or allow her to drain enemy life and heal herself if she points her Caduceus staff at enemies

pigeon

Banned
I feel like the game does something at 99% capture, causing games to be tense.

There has to be a reason why it's far too common to have so long push at 99% and very common to have 99%-99% games.

It's built into the system design.

As long as the point is contested, nobody can win, but as long as the point is contested the person on the point will keep getting ticks until they reach 99%.

So it's much easier to get to 99% than it is to win the game. Result: almost every capture point map ends up with overtime.

Voror

Play with the mouse sensitivity settings in options. You'll probably want to dial it down quite heavily so you're not flinging the crosshairs all over the place.

But mostly it's just putting in the hours of practice.

Been wondering on this too since I admit I'm not sure what to do with those really or how to find the right fit. I will try dialing it down, though would that be done in game settings or those on the mouse itself?

I feel like the game does some sort of rubber banding at 99% capture, causing games to be tense.

There has to be a reason why it's far too common to have extended pushes at 99% leading up to a CP switch between teams, and also very common to have 99%-99% games.

It was like this for the first week on PS4, but it's already gone.

I've noticed, for the past 4 or 5 days now, if I die and the enemy team is at 85%+ my team is usually just hanging out in the respawn room, waiting for the next round/game to finish.

It's super disheartening.

voOsh

Been wondering on this too since I admit I'm not sure what to do with those really or how to find the right fit. I will try dialing it down, though would that be done in game settings or those on the mouse itself?

In-game is a good start but the mouse settings do play a role as well. If you have a gaming mouse it most likely has driver software where you can adjust the settings.

If you want to see what pro OW players use for in-game sensitivity and mouse settings check this out:

http://on-winning.com/overwatch-pro-sensitivity-settings-setups-monitor-mouse-keyboard-headset/

The amount of Reinhardt's who just randomly drop their shield while their squishies are behind them is staggering, like, they didn't make the thing the size of a football field just for you to be behind it. I had one who was straight up struggling to point it at the enemies who were all standing on the payload directly ahead of us.

lol those random rein doesn't give a fuck about the mercy healing them. i was healing one guy and he kept dropping the shield. i'm like shit bitch. don't you see the sniper above. every time he drops i have to take cover . i may as well just melt into his body and hope they hit him instead.

nOoblet16

Your mouse sensitivity depends on your

-DPI
-Sensitivity under mouse settings in windows control panel
-Ingame se sensitivity

You have to play around all three to find the best fit. I keep my DPI at max my mouse allows i.e. 6500, windows sensitivity to 70% and ingame sensitivity between 11-16 depending characters (you can set individual sensitivity for each). So for Genji I have 16 but for McCree I keep it at 11 because I require a bit finer aiming for his gun.

Edit: It also depends on whether you are an arm player or a wrist player. If you are an arm player your sensitivity should be lower than mine as you rely on larger movements and have a huge mouse mat. I'm a wrist player and I rely on high sensitivity since I don't have a mouse mat as big and as such need smaller movements.

tariniel

Holy shit I tried loading that masteroverwatch page on mobile to post a more compact screenshot and was overrun with popup ads on Safari.

Anyway the screenshot doesn't matter, but what does that rightmost column indicate? There's no header. Is it win %?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom