• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
I love playing Junkrat, he's a blast. I got his Fool legendary skin and I fucking hate it, I'm very tempted to buy one of the 250 credit ones and never look at Fool again. Jealous of your Scarecrow!
Something about his kit and the delays on his grenades just don't click with me. I'd trade you this skin if I could, lol.

zonezeus

Just had a game on Dorado in which two Torbjorns totally spawn-locked us with turrets. Tried Junkrat but had no LOS without exposing myself, same with Widowmaker, Pharah died like a bitch. Fuck everyone who says auto-turrets are balanced for public games.

nOoblet16

Honestly these lag spikes are getting fuckin annoying, I think atleast 20% of my deaths have been due to this 3 second lag mid fight where nothing happens and everyone but me is frozen in one place while doing a running animation.

Then it gets back to normal and I find myself dead.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Just had a game on Dorado in which two Torbjorns totally spawn-locked us with turrets. Tried Junkrat but had no LOS without exposing myself, same with Widowmaker, Pharah died like a bitch. Fuck everyone who says auto-turrets are balanced for public games.

Coulda picked Reinhardt.

Lost to a 6 Torb team on Volksykia

eek5

This happened to me 2 games in a row. Join... Defeat. Join... Defeat. 0XP both times and a waste of about 5 minutes. I hope they don't count as losses on my record because that would be even more bullshit.

Not if you join right at the defeat. You get zilch, nada.
They probably don't count as losses but that sucks that they waste time.

Moonlight

Banned
Pick Winston. Dive on top of Torbjorn. Use the shield to split the damage up. Take out the turret and him simultaneously. Or you could pick D.Va, Defense Matrix boost in, knock Torbjorn away and then blow up the turret. You guys could have rallied behind a Reinhardt to get closer with some of the characters you tried like Pharah or Junkrat. Genji or Reaper can flank them and assassinate them too. Torbjorn's turrets can be a terror in public games but literally at the steps of your spawn door aren't where that happens.

Sane_Man

Anyone else got the 1.03 patch? It's taking a while to download and I have fast internet so I assume it's quite hefty. New content maybe?

C-Drive

It's quite nice to feel like a god playing Super Shimada Brothers as a Genji. Three gold medals / four total, play of the game, 9 eliminations.

On PS4, can someone explain to me the difference between Team Voice Chat, Group Voice Chat, and what's the difference is between On and Auto-Join?

This confuses the hell out of me too for whatever reason, hopefully someone can answer.

Team = The six people you're in a team with.
Group = If you're playing with friends (so maybe you're playing with one friend; the two of you are a group; the four others in your team).
On = The chat is on, but you may join and leave it as you wish.
Auto-join = You join the chat by default (but can leave it, of course).

kagamin

I wonder if it counts as a loss for me of the game DCs me from the match and someone has already joined by the time I log back in. That's been happening to me frequently for some goddamn reason.

Sorral

I wish I had a POTG where it was so impressive that someone GIFed it

"POTG"? What's that? Is that what all these Torbs get at the end of the game while licking the floor or shooting the walls?

Yeah, I really hate turrets and feel like they are out of place in this game.

mbpm1

Should have been able to outdamage them by sneaking behind the corner and firing then ducking back in.

Buffed by a mercy you ought to have survived.

But besides that, where was the rest of the team

What is up with the increase in torbjorn pickrates lately. They're not even particularly good torbjorn players. It'd be nice to have a veto option if someone picks a trollbjorn that doesn't belong.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
solo queing with a friend (so i guess duo queing) we get 2 assholes in the team always playing the same hero and just trolling us). We lose of course, dont even get mad just move on. thats how meaningless w/l is i guess

Exile20

Just use two reinhardts and your team throwing as much fire power as possible from behind or wait til you get junkrats ultimate. Use his mine also.

A junkrat with a mercy can be useful also.

Dalek

Some teams just flat out refuse to help you capture a point. Just bizarre.

Why do some people have a star below their portrait?

vocab

What? No way. What are you playing with? Did you enable Dolby Atmos on the soud settings?
I can hear footsteps and shooting clearly. Can even hear when DVa is eating my shots with her barrier (and not at point-blank range only).

I can hear the matrix thing fine. I'm talking about certain distances, and above and below have no distinct direction.

Dalek

They're over lvl 100. They prestiged

RDJ_Woah.gif

how????

Honestly these lag spikes are getting fuckin annoying, I think atleast 20% of my deaths have been due to this 3 second lag mid fight where nothing happens and everyone but me is frozen in one place while doing a running animation.

Then it gets back to normal and I find myself dead.

I had a weird 300ms spike last night. Of course, it was a match I was using Widow on defense lol. I had to predict shots to kill people.

LOL, torbjorn is weak af. If you're not able to leave spawn, sounds like your team was really bad. Just peak fire with pharah 3-4 times and it's dead. Run to safe room if you need a heal.

Honestly a lot of the time it feels that this game doesn't want you to have fun and it just feels like a grind. I don't know if this is some sort of Blizzard design that people are used to and expect.

Eh, I've had nothing but fun once I got over the fact sometimes people are going to do retarded shit. The sooner people let go the fact they won't win every game and sometimes you are going to get rolled it's easy to have fun. I'm seeing a lot of people talking about their win % like it's good for anything.

If you think your teammates are doing something wrong tell them constructively what they could be doing better. If they still suck? Oh well, the match will be over in less than 10 mins.

Dr. Buni

Two Potg with symmetra in a row on offense, on Road 66 and Hollywood, I'm sorry i thought she sucked on offense. That LMB damage.
Nah, she sucks on offense, she is extremely situational (e.g. should never be picked) and she is also not a support, according to this thread! On a serious note, if more people used Symmetra she would be less effective, but as it stands, people tend to underestimate her frequently and then they get melted by her M1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom