• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

The rub here is that Torbjörn's turrets, in the same general area as the Bastion, will aimbot Pharah if she's in range - thats if the Bastion doesn't see her first. And if there's a Widowmaker they might see her coming via infra-red, and if there is a Reinhardt those shots will be absorbed.

I can deal with a single Bastion fine, or a single Torbjörn turret fine, its when there are banks of the suckers, with simple support that things get very hairy. Its easy for a defense to set them up even as individuals, but its a slog to try and cut through them, even as a team. At least thats been my experience so far.

One time my team broke a nest of Bastion + TB Turret + Reinhardt barrier with a Tracer bomb. Not the most dependable or fastest thing but that's something I guess.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I think the only thing Bastion needs to balance him is a slight wind up on his turret. My problem isn't his power, it's that by the time I see him it's usually already too late because he can start firing almost immediately. A wind up, maybe with a sound effect too, would give me time to react if I'm paying attention, which would feel fairer than, "Oh, there's a Bas-" *dead*

kromeo

I think the only thing Bastion needs to balance him is a slight wind up on his turret. My problem isn't his power, it's that by the time I see him it's usually already too late because he can start firing almost immediately. A wind up, maybe with a sound effect too, would give me time to react if I'm paying attention, which would feel fairer than, "Oh, there's a Bas-" *dead*

I think it should take longer to change in and out of turret mode personally. I'm starting to hate Reinhardt more though, can't remember the last match where the other team didn't have one

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
6v6 Widowmaker, no charge up time, instagib weekly Brawl, anyone?

(Left click disabled ofc)

nOoblet16

One time my team broke a nest of Bastion + TB Turret + Reinhardt barrier with a Tracer bomb. Not the most dependable or fastest thing but that's something I guess.

Yes her bomb is a sure way to get the nest off though even at the price of dying, but you have to wait for your ult.

Rize_21

Huh? You can damage bastion at a range he can only tickle you. And you can peak fire and take him out in 3 shots and barely take damage yourself. You can even do that with your hovering using ledges to basically the same thing midair. Concussive blast? That's wrong. Just use primary fire.

So junkrat's trap shouldn't have a counter? Huh?

Way too hard to achieve in game, you have the whole enemy team aware of your positioning plus Bastion use to gtfo once he knows what's coming for him, that's why I prefer the concussive blast rather than a third rocket, now an immobile Bastion? yeah, go ham.

Ken

almost half my playtime to one hero rip

ScreenShot_16-05-30_22-13-03-000_zpslcqfuz9o.jpg

ViviOggi

I think it should take longer to change in and out of turret mode personally. I'm starting to hate Reinhardt more though, can't remember the last match where the other team didn't have one

camby.png

hesido

My problem is, I rarely change heroes during gameplay, though at the start I almost always fill in a recommended spot.

If I'm getting my ass kicked, I try to play better using the same hero which ends up with me getting my ass kicked, still. It's like playing with your mouth sore with your tongue, I can't stop that.

Mupod

well on the Bastion's end it seems fine. But from your perspective, by the time you've taken one bullet, on the Bastion's screen you're already dead. You probably would not have had time to react or reposition even if not for network fuckery, but it still feels bad. This is similar to my problem with Hanzo - never EVER try to peekaboo countersnipe a Hanzo because anything above the waist and about 2 feet to the side of your character model is a headshot. You might be safe behind cover on your screen but on his, he thinks he just got a pro MLG headshot.

Neither of these characters are OP and in whatever high level MMR hell I was in last night, Bastion is pretty much only useful for some cheap surprise kills once in a while. But it still feels relatively more shitty to die to one than other characters. It would surprise me if Bastion got another major overhaul if this were any company but Blizzard, but I'm definitely expecting changes. Maybe we'll see the return of his frontal shield in exchange for some other solution to his netcode-breaking DPS. TF2 for example, you always know when a Heavy is coming around the corner because of the spinup noise, but Bastion is pretty dependent on ambushes. We'll see I guess.

almost half my playtime to one hero rip

huh, I may have run into you last night. Or the night before, my weekend was a big blur of Overwatch and work. I remember wondering why Reinhardt was playing McCree, it was like when you're playing Street Fighter and you play a dude named Balrog and he's using Sagat.

I played docbon too for a couple matches.

As for my hero stats they are pretty damn even. Top 3 are all 5 hours, then a whole lot at 2 hours, then a few at 1. Mei way at the bottom where she belongs.

Ken

well on the Bastion's end it seems fine. But from your perspective, by the time you've taken one bullet, on the Bastion's screen you're already dead. You probably would not have had time to react or reposition even if not for network fuckery, but it still feels bad. This is similar to my problem with Hanzo - never EVER try to peekaboo countersnipe a Hanzo because anything above the waist and about 2 feet to the side of your character model is a headshot. You might be safe behind cover on your screen but on his, he thinks he just got a pro MLG headshot.

Neither of these characters are OP and in whatever high level MMR hell I was in last night, Bastion is pretty much only useful for some cheap surprise kills once in a while. But it still feels relatively more shitty to die to one than other characters. It would surprise me if Bastion got another major overhaul if this were any company but Blizzard, but I'm definitely expecting changes. Maybe we'll see the return of his frontal shield in exchange for some other solution to his netcode-breaking DPS. TF2 for example, you always know when a Heavy is coming around the corner because of the spinup noise, but Bastion is pretty dependent on ambushes. We'll see I guess.

huh, I may have run into you last night. Or the night before, my weekend was a big blur of Overwatch and work. I remember wondering why Reinhardt was playing McCree, it was like when you're playing Street Fighter and you play a dude named Balrog and he's using Sagat.

I played docbon too for a couple matches.

Yeah all the ffxiv ppl are playing overwatch now. We have a discord if you want to come hang out.

Territorial Control aka War from CoD would work well in Overwatch.

I'm a huge Payload fan so if Blizzard just straight up copied and pasted Gold Rush I'd be fine with it.

On a more serious note, I think something like Symmetrical Control Points is what we'll see next. It's a natural evolution of the basic modes they've established.

Mei in her current form is honestly just disgusting. You may as well put the controller down if she gets near you.

She absolutely does not need the fucking ice block heal on top of all her other bullshit.

jorgejjvr

Lol I never got the hate on Mei, I don't play her but I don't have any problems against here, she's pretty easy to deal with honestly. Only time it's a bit difficult, is if I'm somehow in a dead end corner with no were to go and she's too close to me

So frikkin over getting wrecked every single game. Can't get anything going with any character in any role.

Guess some games just aren't for me... fuck me.

Mupod

Yeah all the ffxiv ppl are playing overwatch now. We have a discord if you want to come hang out.

I usually run with 1-2 other people, but I end up soloing occasionally because I can't stop playing this game. Yeah that sounds more fun. Will be busy tonight but I will try and stop in when I get the chance.

On friday night we put together a group of our old WoW guild. They were hilariously bad but since they were new to the game the matchmaker put us up against some chimpanzees on keyboards. The best thing in the world is when you get flashbanged and the McCree misses every shot from fan fire.

Could we rename POTG to Ulti of the game?

Maybe just coincidence but lately almost all of the POTGs I see are shutdowns.

Have they talked about this?

I would love timely updates and some sort of roadmap.

I believe Kaplan said they've got a lot lined up for the summer. I wasn't in closed beta but I followed it closely enough and it's been a while since any major content was added, so they must have something.

ISOM

Mei in her current form is honestly just disgusting. You may as well put the controller down if she gets near you.

She absolutely does not need the fucking ice block heal on top of all her other bullshit.

I've learned to deal with Mei quite easily as Tracer. The only thing she really still gets me with is the random ice bullet.

The whole point of her abilities is to be close range crowd control though. At anything beyond that she's pretty much toast.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Feels more like an appropriate title of an OT4 or OT5, not really OT2 material.

But that hilarious thread is active now, it won't be by then.

Lol I never got the hate on Mei, I don't play her but I don't have any problems against here, she's pretty easy to deal with honestly. Only time it's a bit difficult, is if I'm somehow in a dead end corner with no were to go and she's too close to me

Run at Mei > Get frozen > Complain about her being OP

I've had really good luck with randoms at the start of match picking a well balanced team, the issue is it's rare for people to switch to response to the enemy team or tough team fights.

Was thinking that Blizzard could create tool tips to be displayed to encourage people to mix things up. If you get killed by a turret 2 or 3 times if it just said, "Snipers and Genji crap all over Bastion" maybe it would push people to switch.

Mupod

I could see Mei being frustrating if you literally only play Genji or Mercy or something. None of my most played characters have much trouble or even interaction with Mei. Zenyatta is usually far as hell away, Zarya can break her freeze and melt her in 2 seconds, Pharah...one in a million lucky icicles aside it's one of the most unfair fights in the game.

On the other side friendly Meis sometimes drive me goddamn insane. Please stop rescuing the enemy team from certain death or giving them free cover to approach the objective. I do appreciate free headshots when I'm on Zen though.

The whole point of her abilities is to be close range crowd control though. At anything beyond that she's pretty much toast.
Many of the maps choke points' are interiors which means you have no choice but to get close to Mei.

She's just un-fun to fight and she really does not need the healing power. They should either make the healing less powerful or make the ice block shorter.

PatjuhR

Had a lot of fun playing with Pharah this weekend, but I don't have the feeling shooting from above yet. My rockets go all over the map when I try.

From ground I shoot solid.

Have they talked about this?

I would love timely updates and some sort of roadmap.

They can't wait for too long or the players will get bored.

Blizzard said they're testing at least two new heroes, so shouldn't be too long for them to become available.

I think it was maybe that gamespot documentary where they said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom