• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

The turrets will always attack whoever is the closest, no?
Yes ofc, but if there are three Torb with turrets at the last point in a map like Volskaya you won't really find a clean and long LoS due to how the map is. Even if you do not get hit because someone else is being targeted (meaning 3 other teammates must be closer to them than you) you won't be able to stay out long enough to shoot one Turret out without dying..especially with Genji and Winston on your ass.

T-Rex.

Banned
Junkrats, I hate you guys. I could be the furthest from the Rip-Tire and yet it always, always comes after me every single time ;_;

noire

Unconfirmed Member
Controller can work if you don't use heroes that require precision or twitch skills. It's really hard to outshoot someone otherwise with a controller and they have KB/M.

For sure. I'm trash aiming and pretty terrible even on against console players. I've been rocking very forgiving characters (Pharah, Symmetra, Lucio and Mercy). The game is designed really well for multiple skill levels.

El Sloth

Banned
Just gonna repost this here so it doesnt get lost at the end of the last page:

Any other folks on here playing on the xbone? Tired of playing with randos, would like trying to group up later tonight if anyone is interested.

vypek

I hate being the extra person in group matches. A team of 5 playing together and they don't want to even try countering the two junkrats or symmertas. Just keep rushing into them and bastion

And I'm forced to stay so I can avoid the leaver penalty

I need to give that a shot, too. I had planned to use it initially, but had some issues, so I switched to my Xbox controller.

I'm still dialing it in myself. The game does not handle simultaneous gamepad/mouse inputs elegantly, so I'm trying to figure out the best solution.

besada

Banned
dat Hanzo ignore ;_;

Not generally a big deal. He can take the turret, but he can't keep it down unlike the others. And given traditional turret placement, you usually have plenty of time to get out of the way of Hanzo's ult when he fires it, since you're generally not near the center of the action. He's good for clearing multi-turret nests, though.
For sure. I'm trash aiming and pretty terrible even on against console players. I've been rocking very forgiving characters (Pharah, Symmetra, Lucio and Mercy). The game is designed really well for multiple skill levels.
Try Junkrat. I routinely do my best play with him, using the controller, on PC. He's not exactly about precision shooting anyway:)

Oh, and while I'm talking about Junks, I can't stand the number of Junkrat players I see playing him on defense that don't understand how to use him. You aren't supposed to be sneaking around flanking and hunting. You're supposed to be dead center, using bombs and mines and traps to move the platform/secure the zone. You are capable of holding off an entire team by yourself defensively once you learn how to do it well. You can break your foot off in nearly any single player's ass who gets in your face, and you can make entire passageways unliveable. Quit hiding, come out and seize your glory, fellow Junkrats!

Kinsei

Banned
Does Lucio's alt fire and/or Pharah's pulse mine thing push back the rip tire? I've been meaning to try it but when I hear one I always panic and wall run/fly away and leave my team to fend for themselves (unless I have Lucio's alt ready to go).

Might I make a suggestion for the ID spreadsheet in the OP? I think it would be good to have skill level included as well. I'd love to play with some Gaffers but I'm sure I'd just be holding a lot of teams back so it's be nice to group up with people around my skill level.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i didn't know if just that part was the joke cause the rest sounded potentially legit :/

4 new maps and 2 new heroes 2 weeks after launch sounds legit? :/

Not generally a big deal. He can take the turret, but he can't keep it down unlike the others. And given traditional turret placement, you usually have plenty of time to get out of the way of Hanzo's ult when he fires it, since you're generally not near the center of the action. He's good for clearing multi-turret nests, though.

clearly you havent faced the best Hanzo in EU

MartyStu

Does Lucio's alt fire and/or Pharah's pulse mine thing push back the rip tire? I've been meaning to try it but when I hear one I always panic and wall run/fly away and leave my team to fend for themselves (unless I have Lucio's alt ready to go).

Might I make a suggestion for the ID spreadsheet in the OP? I think it would be good to have skill level included as well. I'd love to play with some Gaffers but I'm sure I'd just be holding a lot of teams back so it's be nice to group up with people around my skill level.

In my experience, Lucio cannot bush it back. Might be possible if you are super close, but at that point...

Baliis

I know Lucio's can, but you'll prob still get blown up anyways. You should just be aiming to shoot it though, it only has 100hp so a lot of people can't just one shot it. I know you can roadhog hook it too.

In my experience, Lucio cannot bush it back. Might be possible if you are super close, but at that point...

I've done it before, but yea you just get blown up still.

I want to join the chorus of people saying everything is OP or weak AF.

Buff D.va, Blizzard. Don't think about it, just do it.

I don't think anything can push the tire. It's an unstoppable force.

Lucio's alt fire definitely doesn't. I recall some guy complaining about that in-game once.
I know Lucio's can, but you'll prob still get blown up anyways. You should just be aiming to shoot it though, it only has 100hp so a lot of people can't just one shot it. I know you can roadhog hook it too.

welp

I'd swear someone said it didn't.

It's funny but there are characters which I don't really have any affinity with, like Genji, Zarya and Winston.

I discovered how Zenyatta can lay death on its opponents. Holy shit in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing, a Zenyatta can be a game changer.

Xeteh

I honestly don't know, I don't think I've ever seen the tire get knocked back but I do know Roadhog can hook it.

It's funny but there are characters which I don't really have any affinity with, like Genji, Zarya and Winston.

I discovered how Zenyatta can lay death on its opponents. Holy shit in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing, a Zenyatta can be a game changer.

Yeah, Discord Orb is insanely strong. When I play Roadhog I quickly fear a good Zenyatta. I think Discord will be the reason they'll have to be super careful with buffing Zenyatta at some point, I could see him very easily becoming too strong with a small buff.

MajorMane

I may have totally imagined it, but I remember getting pissed that I managed to knock it back and still got blown up.

Lucio's alt-fire can knock the tire back, but considering that his alt-fire doesn't do a ton of damage, odds are you'll still die. It doesn't get knocked back a ton. (If you're lucky, it's at low health thanks to teammates and then you can blow it up. That's happened to me before.)

dohdeaux

Do we know what the patch that came out today did?

Came to ask this.

Nvm I just read the update notes on PS4 and they state

-Fixed connection bug when timing out on initial login
-Fixed an issue with voice-chat that could lead to users loosing voice communicatoons for the entirety of the game session

MajorMane

It isn't but man you know. You get hit with a discord and die maybe 2 seconds later. Never had one on my team though.

I feel like all it takes to be a good Zenyatta is a good awareness of your team's needs (for L. Shift healing) and then really, just focusing on enemy locations + great aim. As soon as you see that red E pop up, you shoot that orb and wreak havoc with regular fire. Most people just don't know how to play him.

Mr.Mike

If they haven't released any information about the patch then it's probably just some bug fixes and such. Although I would appreciate it if got patch notes.

Mr.Mike

I feel like the balance of this is strange. I've consistently been getting wins and losses in streaks

There is a system in the Quick Play so that you play with players of a similar skill level. If you've just started playing this would be pretty inconsistent until you've played some more matches and it has a better idea of your skill level.

MajorMane

Lucio's alt fire doesn't push back the rip-tire, you will get killed trying.

I could have sworn it does. Not saying it's as much as flinging people off the map on Ilios, but it's enough to make it stop briefly. Yeah, you're still going to die because the alt-fire won't deal 100 damage to the tire.

Sane_Man

It's getting to the point where I just want to quit out every time I'm in a public game attacking. I'd say I win 1 out of 10. It's the same every time. A Bastion, Symmetra, and Toblerone(s). With a proper team it's easy but for randoms it's basically a guaranteed loss. Turrets need nerfing hard.

Zaventem

You get a backfill 400xp and 250?xp for finishing the match. Been in those myself...not that bad for a minute of doing nothing..

Nope happened to me as well. 0 EXP straight on to the defeat screen. Counterless people ITT have reported the it happened to them too. If it's the last 30 seconds don't throw someone in a game please, pisses me off.

HeartfeltAfraidGlowworm-size_restricted.gif

Ok. So I see many comments about going up against premade groups. Maybe I'm not noticing something, but in PC is there a way to determine who is in a group and who isn't?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's getting to the point where I just want to quit out every time I'm in a public game attacking. I'd say I win 1 out of 10. It's the same every time. A Bastion, Symmetra, and Toblerone(s). With a proper team it's easy but for randoms it's basically a guaranteed loss. Turrets need nerfing hard.

Turrets really are the ultimate PUG stopper. I bet my win/loss on defense or offense is pretty close to even though.

Grief.exe

Lucio's alt-fire actually doesn't effect the tire.

Why not just eat the tire with L-shift.

A good junkrat will just keep rolling on and not activate the explosion.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ok. So I see many comments about going up against premade groups. Maybe I'm not noticing something, but in PC is there a way to determine who is in a group and who isn't?

if you lose badly its against a MLG premade because there is no way pugs could be that good

the game matches teams vs teams. if you get a team, its because it was like a 5 on 5 situation and you also have a team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom