• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's you Least favourite to favourite maps?

Mine goes like this:

12: Temple of Anubis
11: Hanamura
10: Lijiang Tower
9: Nepal
8: Kings Row
7: Illios
6: Watchpoint Gibraltar
5 Volskaya Industries
4:: Hollywood
3: Dorado
2: Route 66
1: Numbani

King of the Hill mode is king
I agree. I like the two-point capture mode as well. At this point I very rarely want to play payload, and I'm essentially forced to since the game modes are randomized, which is a reason I've only played a few games over the past few days. Payload so often just feels like a meat grinder.

I've used Widowmaker on attack on that map and have done really well supporting my team from behind. The other team even told me to kill myself so I know I was doing well lol.

Grats, but most people aren't. It's hard to push a payload with long range characters, especially when you have more than 1.

Jblanks

Mine goes like this:

5 Volskaya Industries

12: Volskaya Industries
11: Numbani
10: Temple of Anubis
9: Lijang Tower
8: Nepal
7: Hanamura
6: Watchpoint
5: Kings Row
4: Illios
1: Hollywood

JGLS

Uh, probably:

10: Volskaya Industries
9: Illios
8: Dorado
7: Hollywood
6: Nepal
5: Watchpoint Gibraltar
4: Route 66
3: Lijiang Tower
2: King's Row

EDIT: Also, has anyone else been having some lagspikes today/yesterday? EU-PC.

Hex

Banned
I seriously can not express how disgusting and fucking irritating it is anymore to see Tob or Bastion get play of the game.
It really is the closest thing to making me really want to stop playing this game.

But no, everyone cry about McCree or Mei or D.Va

Zaventem

Wow literally just encountered a lucio that that speed on for the whole match. Thankfully i know the health pack placements now.

I seriously can not express how disgusting and fucking irritating it is anymore to see Tob or Bastion get play of the game.
It really is the closest thing to making me really want to stop playing this game.

I'd avatar quote you if I knew how to do it. ;) :)

image.php

Blues1990

The only time when I get annoyed when a specific hero get's MPV, is when you see a clip of said player doing jack squat during the match, which actually happened to me once.

Like, how does that work?

ramyeon

Any Australians in this thread playing on PS4? Would love to have some people in the same time zone as myself to play this with after work etc.

Couldn't see many on the spreadsheet but perhaps there are more out there.

Just watched Drift0r's video review on YouTube and he says that on console, and only console, SOME people have input lag. Like one Xbox can have no lag and another Xbox can have bad lag. This is controller lag, not network lag. And this game has always felt a little laggy to me, here on PS4. It just feels off by enough to make me not want to play any more. Switching between Overwatch and COD I can feel the difference immediately.

Anyone else experiencing this?

HiiiLife

Who is a good counter to Torbjorn? I figured Tracer or Genji for their agility but good god do I suck with them lol. Fuck these turrets.

Hex

Banned
Pharah, junkrat, or have a sniper shoot them.

Moltennnnnnnnnnn Core!

This is horse shit because by the time you are looking at them they auto turn immediately and perfectly target the toe you have hanging out from behind cover.
Junkrat might be able to do it from below or something free throw style.
Pharah will get shot out of the air or shot in the eye faster than she can string two missles back to back and one doesn't do it.

KraytarJ

Mine goes like this:

5 Volskaya Industries
I just hate all the Attack/Defend maps. Hanamura and Anubis suck and Volskaya is just dull. Thankfully I really like koth in this game even though I'm usually not big on the mode.

Owzers

This is horse shit because by the time you are looking at them they auto turn immediately and perfectly target the toe you have hanging out from behind cover.
Junkrat might be able to do it from below or something free throw style.
Pharah will get shot out of the air or shot in the eye faster than she can string two missles back to back and one doesn't do it.

Hmmm have a Reinhardt and have people behind him kill it perhaps as everyone talks about people ignoring Rein.

eek5

There is a noticeable amount of controller "lag" when I jump between Overwatch and Destiny. I don't know the technical term for what I am experiencing, just that moving is a lot slower. PS4 here.

On PC there is a medium sized deadzone with controllers that I've noticed so you have to move the stick quite a bit to get turning. This is using long stick on an elite controller too so having to move that much is not great.

Not sure if it's the same or worse on consoles

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
"Rank doesn't mean anything."

Said the guy on the team with a total rank of 467 vs. my team of total rank maybe 200 tops and who won with a total pushover and barely any resistance. Twice.

Well it does show who have had time to put in way more hours into this game than others.
He's a little right, technically, since who knows who is on the other end, maybe they just play a lot and always lose. Odds are though, that it'll make a difference.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Numbani would be one of my favorites if it wasn't for pubs constantly running to the enemy spawn point at the start, dying, and inevitably getting the first point taken.

I've lost count the number of times as mei that I would try to hold the whole point by myself but it's impossible. Sometimes you get it back during the payload phase, but man, that map really punishes a team for not actually trying to defend point. As it should, but some people just don't get it.

Especially irksome when torb sets his turret all the way at the front and inevitably die, thus making it impossible to have enough time to set one up at point.

mellow

idk how teams can play king of the hill without a Lucio, like if I see the enemy team doesn't have one I know for almost certain they'll lose

Satch

Banned
idk how teams can play king of the hill without a Lucio, like if I see the enemy team doesn't have one I know for almost certain they'll lose

you cant, thats why king of the hill is awful. if u dont have one and they do, then you lose.

its made worse by the burden of knowledge. you know that you have to have one and if you dont and you dont pick him then its your fault. id rather take it out of my playlist xD

HiiiLife

Just got an 88% on fire MVP with a mid-match switch from Widowmaker to Winston when they got sick of me and tried to countersnipe. Change your comp! Keep them on their toes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom