• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor

oh snap that's so messed up

(or is it genius? LOL)

The whole team all spped up is a strategy that works sometimes, a fast player is difficult to hit.

Now imagine all of them fast as heck?

Now having one Lucio healing and one speeding up? Untouchable team.

What does it mean to be "on fire"?
It's cosmetic, really, it just means you're playing well (as the game sees it). You can see your meter in the bottom left. Also you can see people who are on fire on the Tab screen (their portraits are wreathed in flames).

mbpm1

It's cosmetic, really, it just means you're playing well (as the game sees it). You can see your meter in the bottom left. Also you can see people who are on fire on the Tab screen (their portraits are wreathed in flames).

People also apparently hear your footsteps/noises with greater volume than the rest of your team

which sounds bad tbh

wonderpug

Neo Member

Your ultimate doesn't charge faster when you're on fire?

HiiiLife

Does your Health automatically recharge? Unless there was a Zenyatta or Mercy I didn't see, it felt that way lol.

There is a noticeable amount of controller "lag" when I jump between Overwatch and Destiny. I don't know the technical term for what I am experiencing, just that moving is a lot slower. PS4 here.

Yeah for me it's not so much the speed as it is the slight delay between when I try to move/shoot and when it happens on screen. Honestly haven't had this issue with any other shooters. Switching back and forth between COD and Overwatch, it's instantly noticeable.

Raptor

I dont even use D.VA.

Damn it.

dvalegr9x20.jpg

There is a noticeable amount of controller "lag" when I jump between Overwatch and Destiny. I don't know the technical term for what I am experiencing, just that moving is a lot slower. PS4 here.
That soubds like just the difference in switching between 30 and 60 fps games

Gryph

Why pubs... Tell me why we needed three Lucios? Why did you all want to be Lucio through both of our failed attempts at KOTH...

What was your thought process?

Gotta go fast...

I got a POTG yesterday as Torbjörn on Route 66 Defense. The POTG basically opens with me standing on top of the payload as I'm sniped by a Widowmaker and my lifeless corpse falling in slow motion to the ground, yet showing on screen my turret racking up 3 kills. Shit was embarrassing.

cHinzo

What's you Least favourite to favourite maps?

Mine goes like this:

12: Temple of Anubis
11: Hanamura
10: Lijiang Tower
9: Nepal
8: Kings Row
7: Illios
6: Watchpoint Gibraltar
5 Volskaya Industries
4:: Hollywood
3: Dorado
2: Route 66
1: Numbani

12. Temple of Anubis
11. Watchpoint Gibraltar
10. King's Row
9. Hollywood
8. Numbani
7. Route 66
6. Volskaya Industries
5. Dorado
4. Illios
3. Lijiang Tower
2. Hanamura
1. Nepal

pigeon

Banned
I had a KOTH game yesterday where my team had Torbjorn and I was like, man, that's a really bad pick, but I won't be a dick, we'll see how this goes.

Turns out the enemy team had a Torbjorn AND a Symmetra.

Instant karma!

Haines

Banned
It said something about communication and initial login as the 2 notes. If you highlight a game and press options, you can scroll down to "update history" to see patch notes.

I had problems with both of those.

Nice to see blizz in top of cleaning the game up

KarmaCow

I had a KOTH game yesterday where my team had Torbjorn and I was like, man, that's a really bad pick, but I won't be a dick, we'll see how this goes.

Turns out the enemy team had a Torbjorn AND a Symmetra.

Instant karma!

I was always pick Torbjorn on KotH. Sure it sucks but I want to make it work. :(

ramyeon

I like here Mech design in her Legendary skins, but not her design as much... which is why I use White Rabbit all the time.
Pretty much. I don't mind the B.va design for her though.

Have most of her legendaries but what I really want is the Carbon Fiber skin. Someday.

Zaventem

This stuff doesnt work for me, I throw the granade, I procede to uload the pistol only for the player to survive and kill me.

What Im doing wrong?

When you fan the hammer it has huge recoil that pushes the piston upwards so to counter act it aim slightly downwards during the animation. Also practice range, practice range, practice range. Can't stress that enough to get a feel of the distance, the god damn thing has obnoxious range.

Raptor

When you fan the hammer it has huge recoil that pushes the piston upwards so to counter act it aim slightly downwards during the animation. Also practice range, practice range, practice range. Can't stress that enough to get a feel of the distance, the god damn thing has obnoxious range.

Alright, I was thinking just aiming at the feet lol so I can get a guaranteed kill but pushing down a little sounds better.

Nvzman

Anyone want to group up on PC? I just finally got the game lol. I'm late to the party but I'd like to be the life of it.

McCree's nerf coming before D.Va's buff

Regarding nerfs, we've already mentioned that we're looking at McCree's Fan the Hammer for a damage reduction and exploring opportunities to bump D.Va's effectiveness. McCree balance will come before D.Va balance (his change is more straight forward while D.Va is more complicated and also less of an issue).

He seems to know exactly what McCree's change will be already since he calls it "straight forward"

ramyeon

Any tips?

I suck with her big time.
It's all about taking advantage of her amazing mobility. Her boost is great and the cool down is really short, making it perfect for flying in, causing some trouble and then getting out. Her damage output really drops off from mid to long range though, so you want to take advantage of that boost coupled with her defence matrix to nullify damage while boosting in close to enemies and taking them out.

She seems to be designed more for disrupting than getting kills but I rack up the kills with her. Generally play her similar to other flanking heroes and try to get to the sides or behind the opposition to take them out unaware. Her ult is great for clearing areas and getting back control of objective points. Even better if you manage to take out a few enemies at the same time but don't expect it.

Crzy1

Jesus Christ, can't find a decent team to save my life tonight. It's not even like any of my matches have been close, just absolute shutouts. Not sure how the matchmaker can be so consistently bad.

Kiro

McCree's nerf coming before D.Va's buff

He seems to know exactly what McCree's change will be already since he calls it "straight forward"

Fan the hammer will be each bullet is worth 50 percent of norm. So you can get 3x one bullet in a clip as opposed to 6x. Still advantageous but not OP

(Something like that)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just reduce the damage of the subsequent fan after roll.

Flash > Fan isn't a problem. Fan roll fan melting tanks is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom