• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

do i suck, or is Tracer's ultimate terrible? she's so fun to play, but it feels almost like she doesn't even have an ult.

I've come to the conclusion that I actually have to plan out her ult unlike alot off characters that can just throw up shit randomly and get kills with theres

Like your either gonna get a triple or kill nothing. It's so hot and cold

do i suck, or is Tracer's ultimate terrible? she's so fun to play, but it feels almost like she doesn't even have an ult.

Nah, just gotta learn when to use it. If you're sneaky with Tracer, you can come up behind groups of enemies and get a double or triple. It's not too common, but in other cases you can at least use it to quickly take out that pesky turret.

Like your either gonna get a triple or kill nothing. It's so hot and cold

No, you can actually stick it onto somebody. I average on one to two kills with her ults; rarely a triple unless a whole bunch of people are standing right on top of each other. I never get nothing though, since sticking it on someone is pretty much a guaranteed kill (not sure if it does kill all tanks when they're at full health or not).

patchday

Level 73.

2 legendary skins and 1 is that god awful Punk Tracer skin.

Only 4 different colors from heroes i don't even play, so i'm mostly running around with standard skin.

I'm done with opening loot boxes.

wow L73 how many hrs is that? I don't think I can hit that during life of entire game and I try to play at least twice a day

I can only imagine how long it takes to earn a level

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

You stick it onto people. Preferably a tank with people gathered around him.

Or turret, but it's kinda a waste when other characters can deal with it without using an ult. You could do it too if you're careful. Probably worth it if it's a clustered encampment of turrets.

kagamin

The time I got the quad kill with Self Destruct, the entire enemy team was just following me around, and then I'm almost dead but make it out of the blast radius and get it, but then their Zenyatta just comes up from behind and finishes me off hilariously, and that was the POTG. :p

Satch

Banned
I think I might be the only person who likes volskaya, hanamura and temple of anubis.

i like ToA only because pharah is good on it and shes my favorite character

i find most of the maps to be fairly poorly made. theyre pretty but its like they forget that its a competitive fps. like the one lijiang map thats in the square room, theres an entire segment of the map that literally no one goes to because theres nothing there. i think its the Market?

Sorral

Gambler is THE McCree skin. mystery man looks like the Mask and Dick Tracy spawned a Clint Eastwood obsessed child.

Dick Tracy lolz yeah I know what you mean. Really Gambler is the right skin for him. Riverboat's colors look off as well when compared to Gambler.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
wow L73 how many hrs is that? I don't think I can hit that during life of entire game and I try to play at least twice a day

I can only imagine how long it takes to earn a level

71 hours but there are a lot who have a way higher level than me.

After Level 22 or so it takes only 22k EXP to level up.

cHinzo

I've literally been killed by D.Va's ult once.

The first time I ever saw it.

-Play D.Va yourself for the first time
-Press Q to ult
-Forget it doesn't fly away without her shift and try to find cover
-Die

Man, using her for the first time was so awkward. :"D

Antiwhippy

I still get at least one self-destruct kill per match. Mostly set it in situations where the enemy definitely needs to be in the area or they lose it.

ramyeon

I've had 4 kills from D.va's ult before. Regularly get 2-3. Or at least a turret. That said, the times I've got none I've still driven the whole team off the point in order to retake it so that's worth just as much.

Satch

Banned
mei players are so interesting... they get scared by one thing and then block their entire time from getting on the point thnaks mei

Skii

I've made some real progress this session. Mc Cree and Bastion are doing work for me. Bastion is just OP in Hollywood map if you're defending.

D.Va just lacks a lot of firepower in comparison. I don't really see the point of her. Just doesn't deal enough damage to make her viable. I really like her as well :(

I've opened 7 loot boxes now and no legendary.

Quick question before I make the purchase...

Is this game fun for those of you that don't have anyone to play with? None of my friends have gaming PCs and none of them are even very interested in this game. I really want to play but I am worried about regularly queuing solo

ramyeon

I've made some real progress this session. Mc Cree and Bastion are doing work for me. Bastion is just OP in Hollywood map if you're defending.

D.Va just lacks a lot of firepower in comparison. I don't really see the point of her. Just doesn't deal enough damage to make her viable. I really like her as well :(

D.va is not even in the same class of hero as McCree or Bastion so it's kind of odd that you're comparing them based on firepower alone like that.

I don't know or care about competitive but she's definitely viable in day-to-day play (There is no character that "isn't viable" imo).

Antiwhippy

I pretty much make it my job to take out bastions and turrets as D.Va. Bastion is real easy to make a none factor. I even take him out in mechless form from time to time.

McCree can die in a fire though. That fan nerf can't come soon enough.

ramyeon

Is this game fun for those of you that don't have anyone to play with? None of my friends have gaming PCs and none of them are even very interested in this game. I really want to play but I am worried about regularly queuing solo
Yeah it is. But it's more fun with voice chat and proper communication.

Public games are really hit and miss, more miss than hit recently.

Nazo

So, how long until Reaper gets a skin that makes him look like Malthael from Diablo 3?

maxresdefault.jpg

I mean, Reaper even shares his pose. It would be a perfect fit.

Skii

D.va is not even in the same class of hero as McCree or Bastion so it's kind of odd that you're comparing them based on firepower alone like that.

I don't know or care about competitive but she's definitely viable in day-to-day play (There is no character that "isn't viable" imo).

It's not that odd. Bastion and McCree are very different but I feel like both are very usable. D.Va just seems to really have any abilities or firepower to win me over. How are you supposed to use her?

XenoRaven

I just realized I should probably switch Tracer ult to L2.

Is there a way to map multiple buttons to the same function on PS4? If not, I hope they add it.

If you're a masochist then yes!

Fugu

Yes, just prepare for it to sometimes be a very frustrating experience.

If you are decent, players will add you and you will make friends.

it's pretty much the same as any other online shooter. people might say this one is worse for playing solo because of the emphasis on teamwork, but i don't really think that's true. if you're playing with randoms and you face a coordinated team it's going to suck, yeah, but it's no different than going solo up against a team of 4-6 players in a tdm style game. you just have to accept that you aren't going to have a chance to win in a lot of games.

if you're okay with playing other multiplayer shooters solo, you should enjoy this too.

T-Rex.

Banned

I play solo and I love it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ramyeon

It's not that odd. Bastion and McCree are very different but I feel like both are very usable. D.Va just seems to really have any abilities or firepower to win me over. How are you supposed to use her?
It is odd to say a character isn't viable because "x" character has better firepower when that's not all that this game is about.
It's all about taking advantage of her amazing mobility. Her boost is great and the cool down is really short, making it perfect for flying in, causing some trouble and then getting out. Her damage output really drops off from mid to long range though, so you want to take advantage of that boost coupled with her defence matrix to nullify damage while boosting in close to enemies and taking them out.

She seems to be designed more for disrupting than getting kills but I rack up the kills with her. Generally play her similar to other flanking heroes and try to get to the sides or behind the opposition to take them out unaware. Her ult is great for clearing areas and getting back control of objective points. Even better if you manage to take out a few enemies at the same time but don't expect it.
I have carried teams on public games using D.va.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom