• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrArchon

A DVa buff can't come fast enough. I want to love playing as her, and I do on some level, but I also want to win as her more often. Blizzard needs to decide if DVa should be a proper tank that can take a ton of punishment (in that case reduce her headshot hitbox and her defense matrix cooldown) or if she should be a proper ganker who flies behind enemy lines to harass (in that case buff her guns for God's sake).\

A buff to her ult would be nice as well. Either make it harder to dodge the blast or make it charge up faster. It shouldn't be so easy to avoid and take forever to charge up.

Uthred

So, how long until Reaper gets a skin that makes him look like Malthael from Diablo 3?

I mean, Reaper even shares his pose. It would be a perfect fit.

I'd like/expect a wave of skins from other Blizzard properties for all the heroes.

Satch

Banned
what kind of potato mmr bracket are people playing in where the whole team doesnt just turn around and kill dva's mech because thats been my experience so far

kendrid

Banned
A buff to her ult would be nice as well. Either make it harder to dodge the blast or make it charge up faster. It shouldn't be so easy to avoid and take forever to charge up.

D.Va's ult clears out objectives. I love it when idiots don't even try to run but last night against some good teams on multiple occasions I was able to at least clear out the objective.

Canucked

Defending King's Row in a public match, took Reinhardt, stood in front of the bus between the two walls. Shield up, two bastions behind me. Didn't move the whole match.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
A DVa buff can't come fast enough. I want to love playing as her, and I do on some level, but I also want to win as her more often. Blizzard needs to decide if DVa should be a proper tank that can take a ton of punishment (in that case reduce her headshot hitbox and her defense matrix cooldown) or if she should be a proper ganker who flies behind enemy lines to harass (in that case buff her guns for God's sake).\

At some level shouldn't MMR match you to a level where you can win with the character you want? She has my highest winrate after symmetra and lucio.

ramyeon

what kind of potato mmr bracket are people playing in where the whole team doesnt just turn around and kill dva's mech because thats been my experience so far
You're supposed to be picking off stragglers with D.va, not taking on the whole team at once.
Everybody should really be competent with at least one character from each category.

Beyond that, whatever.
Yes, I was talking mostly about the people who ALWAYS pick the same character no matter what the team composition, map or game type because it's their "main".

I don't know what's worse that or the people that see a Tracer blinking by, looks at her, then keeps on moving only to get shot by tracer a couple of seconds later.
1x

Yes, I was talking mostly about the people who ALWAYS pick the same character no matter what the team composition, map or game type because it's their "main".

Yeah, like Pharah is my "main" (on offense; it's all Symmetra on defense), but if it's a team full of Bastions and Soldiers, I switch in a heartbeat when I know my rocket skills will just get me shot out of the sky. Versatility is absolutely essential.

Got really lucky in a group match in Hanamura, where the enemy was dug in well to Point B and had us down to 3:00 left. Switched up from Pharah to D.Va, who I barely play, and ended up getting POTG in the end by softening them up with my ult. before rushing in with the group and killing 4 out of the 6 enemies to get a Team Kill. Probably got lucky by finishing off a couple of enemies that the group had already softened up, but still... switching up can turn the tide.

Antiwhippy

I feel like pharah is one of the better characters to take out bastions honestly.

But yeah, don't know how to deal with soldier 76 as her.

darklin0

Banned
All the tanks are on my top played. Feels a bit bad man. Sometimes I just wanna McCree cheese or Dragon splooge on people. Is it too much to ask people to pick tank from time to time? T-T

I feel like pharah is one of the better characters to take out bastions honestly.

But yeah, don't know how to deal with soldier 76 as her.

Honestly, if trapped in a situation with one or the other, I have better luck with a Soldier than a Bastion. Most players on Soldier tend to start running for the hills to pop their healing aura when they take a few rockets to the face from up above them, while I'm chasing them down and continuing the barrage. Meanwhile, most Bastions are fixed into place anyway, so they just calmly follow the smoke trails and fry your ass.

Sometimes you get lucky, and a Bastion hasn't picked a spot where hitting him with splash damage is impossible, but most times they know to tuck themselves into a corner out of range of the missiles.

I'm really not having fun in this game right now with all the stacking sides that the matchmaking is doing, it's pretty much forcing me with canon fodder now

X-Frame

Just played with a Symmetra who just LOCKED DOWN every point during KOTH maps.

Each time an enemy would come into the room to contest it, they'd be hit from like 3-4 different directions no matter where they were from her turrets. They got POTG too, awesome to see.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Does the mute or block system not work? there is a guy who keeps inviting me to a group and somehow i can't stop him from sending me invites.

Antiwhippy

Honestly, if trapped in a situation with one or the other, I have better luck with a Soldier than a Bastion. Most players on Soldier tend to start running for the hills to pop their healing aura when they take a few rockets to the face from up above them, while I'm chasing them down and continuing the barrage. Meanwhile, most Bastions are fixed into place anyway, so they just calmly follow the smoke trails and fry your ass.

Sometimes you get lucky, and a Bastion hasn't picked a spot where hitting him with splash damage is impossible, but most times they know to tuck themselves into a corner out of range of the missiles.

With bastion I feel like I can just take potshots and go into cover because he's mostly fixed in a place. Though I mostly take him down when he's trying to fire on another group.

A good 76 just guns me down like nothing. His rifle is so darn accurate that I can't hover around him because I feel like a sitting duck.

ive won 3 dva games in a row now, were the dva stans right all along?
kunk-rum.gif

From what I've seen, she's good to have when dealing with a map like Hanamura or Temple of Anubis, where the B Point is easy for the defense team to dig in and hold off all attackers. Just hang in there long enough to earn your ult. and then launch it in dead center into the point. Either you take most of them out, or you scatter them enough so that the rest of the team can make the push. That said, her actual "tanking" abilities leave a bit to be desired, so I'm not surprised she's first on the list to get a buff.

D.Va buff I'm expecting: New mech with the weakpoint being in the rear. Will allow literal facetanking now. Also a range buff because goddamn.

All that armor's kinda meaningless in most matchups when the giant weakpoint's in the front. >.>

Did anybody else have problems downloading the update? It kept giving me errors saying that there wasn't enough space on my hard drive even though I had 20 gigs left. And now it is stuck at preparing to download, 10%.

On PS4 BTW.

With bastion I feel like I can just take potshots and go into cover because he's mostly fixed in a place. Though I mostly take him down when he's trying to fire on another group.

A good 76 just guns me down like nothing. His rifle is so darn accurate that I can't hover around him because I feel like a sitting duck.

Flank, flank, always flank. The one thing I've learned after 80 matches with her is that from the second you fire that first rocket, you've immediately got all of their attention. So it's best to come at them from the side - or even better, the back if you can manage it - before taking the first shot.

That and figuring out how to lead targets is essential - if you only manage to hit one shot, most enemies won't panic, and will take the time to line up shots on you. But if you can get two good hits in, they'll go into "run for healing" mode, and at that point it's like shooting fish in a barrel. You'd be surprised how many Soldiers and McCrees seem to completely forget how to use their guns when they've had half their health blown off in the span of a second. And after that, either you catch them before they make it to health, or they run into a door to heal up and you just keep sailing rockets through the doorway to keep them suppressed. My accuracy stats for Pharah are pretty shit, because I'm mostly sailing rockets into doors to force the enemy to find another route.

And the best part about playing Pharah? Watching all those dark, edgy Reapers scurry for cover, their shotguns useless against the rain of death from above.

Satch

Banned
FIVE FUCKING DVA GAMES IN A ROW WOW
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png

nunkkorin deo gilge kotdaeneun deo nopge
hwajangi jinhalsurok keojyeoganeun jasingam
geunde wae my boyfriend nunbichi susanghae
oh my god jigeum nareul uisimhae? maldo an dwae

Mupod

I sure do love losing payload attack when my character is literally standing on the payload and our whole team is alive

wut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom