• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walpurgis

Banned
Just got unbanned and had a lot of time to think about life. I have come to the realization that this game is better than UC4 imo. I never imagined that I would come to such a realization and so easily as well but this game is just that good. It's actually better. Long live Overwatch.

ramyeon

FIVE FUCKING DVA GAMES IN A ROW WOW
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png

nunkkorin deo gilge kotdaeneun deo nopge
hwajangi jinhalsurok keojyeoganeun jasingam
geunde wae my boyfriend nunbichi susanghae
oh my god jigeum nareul uisimhae? maldo an dwae
It took me a few moments to realise what language that was and I speak Korean.

I have the best win to loss ratio with D.va out of any character.

Is there any reason to have a Symmetra on Attack point B? Seems like a waste if your team needs to be aggressive and teleporters are not popping up constantly.

wamberz1

Just got unbanned and had a lot of time to think about life. I have come to the realization that this game is better than UC4 imo. I never imagined that I would come to such a realization and so easily as well but this game is just that good. It's actually better. Long live Overwatch.

Welcome back! and yeah it might be my favorite multiplayer game yet, but so far its to early to say.

Sometimes i can't go in with Winston when the team doesn't do much. i had a Lucio on the team. idk if he even healed anyone. we lost on defense. second time i jumped up in the air to take out pharah, the other guy was like how did i get so high lol surprise he didn't know about Winston's Hops <3

Also did a game on attack payload on King's row. didn't do so good with pharah. probably because of the widow. ended up switching to Lucio and capping the first checkpoint just sped around like sonic and sent Roadhog off the stage with sonicwave lol.

Sorral

Fuck
Turrets,
Screw
Turrets,
Duck
Turrets,
Wuck
Turrets,
Kuck
Turrets,
Qcrew
Turrets,
Zuck
Turrets,
Cuck
Turrets,
Nuck
Turrets,
Mcrew
Turrets,
Xuck
Turrets,
Euck
Turrets,
Huck
Turrets,
Jcrew
Turrets,
Ruck
Turrets,
Zuck
Turrets

I dunno. I'm sorry, it is 5:30am and I still fucking hate turrets.

played like 2 hours of 76 trying to get the 4 visor and 2 rocket kills....just ain't happening
I actually got both of those on Gibraltr. The double helix I got on the rafters near the shuttle above checkpoint 3 on 2 wounded players and the quadra I tagged 2 people before ulting and got eliminations on both before gunning 2 down with the ult. With the 4k ults achievements just remember that you need 4 elims during the duration of it, they don't have to be final blows.

ExVicis

Why do I never get a Genji on my team that's good at playing Genji? It's always a bad Genji who switches to Hanzo but also one that seems to refuse to use my Reinhardt shield as cover. I don't mind if you play any class, but at level 30 you should know how to play that class at least.

Defending King's Row in a public match, took Reinhardt, stood in front of the bus between the two walls. Shield up, two bastions behind me. Didn't move the whole match.

Had the same thing happen to me in Numbani. Two Bastions and a Reinhardt shielding them to the left of our attack spawn area. I was playing as Dva and used my boosters to knock Reinhardt through the railings and out the map and my sidearm to kill the two Bastions lol Felt pretty good.

Fugu

A new low for the distinguished group I call my teammates. Claimed the gold medal for objective kills as Mercy.

Pics_nao

All night I've been entering games that are about to end with my team losing. The one game where that doesn't happen has everyone picking offensive heroes on defense and not even attempting to contest the payload. They literally walked from one point to another easily.

All day yesterday I had great games. What the hell happened?

Why do I never get a Genji on my team that's good at playing Genji? It's always a bad Genji who switches to Hanzo but also one that seems to refuse to use my Reinhardt shield as cover. I don't mind if you play any class, but at level 30 you should know how to play that class at least.

I wish I could get better at Genji, myself. It's like I know in my head that "Hey, Bastion out? Grab a Genji to reflect his bullets and then slice him!" And I'm good at doing that... but that's about it. After that I tend to get creamed. Probably need to practice more with his mobility skills.

A new low for the distinguished group I call my teammates. Claimed the gold medal for objective kills as Mercy.

Hah, just played a match where a Bastion kept picking apart our team. I was trying my best to heal as Mercy, until I finally said "fuck it," pulled out her gun... and took it down. Still ended up losing, but can't imagine that was a proud moment for that Bastion player.

Alucrid

Banned
I actually got both of those on Gibraltr. The double helix I got on the rafters near the shuttle above checkpoint 3 on 2 wounded players and the quadra I tagged 2 people before ulting and got eliminations on both before gunning 2 down with the ult. With the 4k ults achievements just remember that you need 4 elims during the duration of it, they don't have to be final blows.

thanks, i'll try to move around my targets a bit more then. almost had it but a reaper had to phase shift and escape. also gotta remember that helix rockets work during the ult too

Definitely at the top of my GOTY list right now.

Fugu

I got the gold medal for eliminations with 3 eliminations in a particularly terrible game last night.
It would be one thing if it were a quick affair and the number was that low, but this was a full-length game where we were on defense; I had five or six objective kills.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Flank, flank, always flank. The one thing I've learned after 80 matches with her is that from the second you fire that first rocket, you've immediately got all of their attention. So it's best to come at them from the side - or even better, the back if you can manage it - before taking the first shot.

That and figuring out how to lead targets is essential - if you only manage to hit one shot, most enemies won't panic, and will take the time to line up shots on you. But if you can get two good hits in, they'll go into "run for healing" mode, and at that point it's like shooting fish in a barrel. You'd be surprised how many Soldiers and McCrees seem to completely forget how to use their guns when they've had half their health blown off in the span of a second. And after that, either you catch them before they make it to health, or they run into a door to heal up and you just keep sailing rockets through the doorway to keep them suppressed. My accuracy stats for Pharah are pretty shit, because I'm mostly sailing rockets into doors to force the enemy to find another route.

And the best part about playing Pharah? Watching all those dark, edgy Reapers scurry for cover, their shotguns useless against the rain of death from above.

Alright, thanks for the tips. Yeah I still need to learn how to flank with her movement options, though I think I'm getting better with leading rockets.

Also just got her raindancer skin, which I still think it's super weird that an egyptian is getting native american skins.

Satch

Banned
SIX FUCKING DVA GAMES IN A FUCKING ROW SHES UNDERRATED GUYS WOW
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png

CHEER UP BABY CHEER UP BABY
jom deo himeul lae
yeojaga swipge mameul jumyeon andwae
geuraeya niga nal deo johahage doelgeol
taeyeonhage yeongihallae amureochi anke
naega neol johahaneun mam moreuge
Just get it together
And then baby CHEER UP

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I start to think something is bugged for me, im now level 74 and all i get is sprays and voice lines.

And i only have 2 legendary skins.

Like wtf...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
SIX FUCKING DVA GAMES IN A FUCKING ROW SHES UNDERRATED GUYS WOW
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png

CHEER UP BABY CHEER UP BABY
jom deo himeul lae
yeojaga swipge mameul jumyeon andwae
geuraeya niga nal deo johahage doelgeol
taeyeonhage yeongihallae amureochi anke
naega neol johahaneun mam moreuge
Just get it together
And then baby CHEER UP

Welcome to the D.Va fanclub, enjoy your stay.

Glad more people open their eyes and see how good she really is.

vypek

Did anybody else have problems downloading the update? It kept giving me errors saying that there wasn't enough space on my hard drive even though I had 20 gigs left. And now it is stuck at preparing to download, 10%.

On PS4 BTW.

Mine struggled for a while and I kept pausing and un-pausing it. It got moving eventually but it took way longer than it should have.

PS4 is downloading a patch. Any patch notes? Didn't see anything on the Blizz forums.

I really like Junk Rat's personality and legendary skins so I'd like to learn how to play with him tonight. Any Tips?

Having played him off and on when the team needs a defense hero: Junkrat is grenade spam incarnate. Once we get close to the enemy, be constantly firing off grenades in their general direction. Even if they don't hit, it forces the enemy to mix up their movement to avoid the explosions. And don't forget about his mine jump; it's surprised me how many jams I've gotten out of by popping that thing on the ground and flying away from the fight.

Other than that, it's a good idea to know where the side passages are on the map, because you tend to get much better results with his ult. by sending your tire down the side where they least expect it. Sending it up front sometimes works, but you're just asking for it to be shot up that way.

I finally decided to bite the bullet and bought two x50 and one x10 yesterday and I got 11 Legendary skins; bought 4 of them with my credits and only got one duplicate legendary. All in all pretty happy. I got my Bva, Huntress, Blackbeard, Hippityhop, Stoneheardt, Firefighter, Okami and Young Genji skins.

mbpm1

I really like Junk Rat's personality and legendary skins so I'd like to learn how to play with him tonight. Any Tips?

Spam grenades

Spam grenades from cover and over obstacles so that enemies can't shoot you

Target turrets first usually. Then tanks

Use L+Shift mine to tack on damage in close encounters

Spam more grenades

try to be unpredictable with how your ult comes at an enemy. Also your tire can climb walls with spacebar

Mine doesn't do damage to you but primary fire does

Spam even more grenades

HA HA

EVERYTIME I PLAY BASTION

IT'S AN ENDLESS PILE OF SALT

MMMMMHMMMMM SO GOOD

you dont know how to play
you suck
bastion is broken
go fuck your mother with a goat's dick
play a real character
so cheap

Sorry kids, but no one fucks like Bastion.

ramyeon

Spam grenades

Spam grenades from cover and over obstacles so that enemies can't shoot you

Target turrets first usually. Then tanks

Use L+Shift mine to tack on damage in close encounters

Spam more grenades

try to be unpredictable with how your ult comes at an enemy. Also your tire can climb walls with spacebar

Mine doesn't do damage to you but primary fire does

Spam even more grenades
Needs more grenade spam.

HA HA

EVERYTIME I PLAY BASTION

IT'S AN ENDLESS PILE OF SALT

MMMMMHMMMMM SO GOOD

you dont know how to play
you suck
bastion is broken
go fuck your mother with a goat's dick
play a real character
so cheap

Sorry kids, but no one fucks like Bastion.

So many matches where the attacking team is meters away from the checkpoint with a minute or so to go, and I pull out that panic Bastion and stop them dead. It's the kind of move where timing is important: do it too soon and the team has enough time to figure out how to flank you. But too late and you don't have time to set up shop before the last push and Defeat. Definitely have screwed up the timing on more than one occasion, but when it works... mmm mmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom