• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.O.O.M

Finally played a few games with gaffers. Not sure which users they are tho (one was chicken something is all I remember) but fun games man, even the losing ones. Way less frustrating this way.

My psn is rathne btw

oh and I just got the Explorer skin for Winston...looks awesome but I have not played as him. Maybe I should now lol

Level 39, that is 39 loot boxes... Zero Legendaries.

Holy shit. Sorry to hear that mate. This stupid system is broken as hell.

I think winston is super underrated. His ability to just fuck up the offense's rhythm and scatter the enemy team is so good.

Just hope there's no reaper or a good tracer around.

Had a D.Va get play of the game last night in Gibraltar on the last point. She was on attack, ulti'ed, everybody got out of line of sight, and our Reinhardt charged her mech into everybody.

Hilarious.

Thanks to this, today I learned that apparently Reinhardt can also charge into an allied self-destructing mech. I thought he could only do that with enemy ones!

Xeteh

I think winston is super underrated. His ability to just fuck up the offense's rhythm and scatter the enemy team is so good.

Just hope there's no reaper or a good tracer around.

Winston the underrated hero that is consistently doubled up on in competitive play?

Disrupt should be your primary objective, not kills. But you you should pick your battles on kills. Certain characters (junkrat, widowmaker, Lucio, Mercy, general support characters) can easily be melted by Winston's beam.

Leap, ALOT. There are certain times where you just may need to die, but his leap should get him in and out of most situations with enough time to grab some healing. Make offensive leaping strikes when your barrier is ready.

A good team definitely helps him out for sure though. You're primary goal should be making the enemy team say "FUCK WINSTON IS HERE" and then be gone and ready to strike again.

Also when you have your ultimate, wait until you are about to die in the thick of it to use it. It immediately buffs his health up to 900 and always catches them by surprise.

Yeah, I think that's my main problem: I leap in and try to do as much damage as possible, and forget to leap out before the enemies take me down. A lot of my problem when I play Winston, and most of the tanks, is that I have to remind myself that "lots more health than the average character" doesn't mean "infinite health." But yeah, sounds like a lot of it comes down to timing, and knowing when to move in and when to pull out. Thanks for the info.

While on the subject: mad props to a Winston I played against tonight who actually managed to leap up and take down my Pharah in mid-air. Winston is usually prime rocket fodder (that bubble of his only takes a few hits before coming down) but damn if he didn't catch me by surprise with that one.

Trey

Gonna be a fun match.

2016-06-0704_28_40-ov0nq5o.png

widowway is the new meta

Cynar

My god even level 40s can still be pieces of shit, dude didn't like how the game was going so he called us all shit and started to feed on purpose...who the fuck acts that way.
It's just time played. There are people even higher than that who don't know to play the objective or act like the biggest pieces of shit alive.

Winston the underrated hero that is consistently doubled up on in competitive play?

Well I don't watch competitive. Its kind of dull to me as a competitive viewing game. There's too much going on in terms of hero abilities and strats.

I can watch something like CS:GO because there's less going on moment to moment, and the matches wind down either a withdrawal and victory, or a tense standoff.

overwatch is kind of just too busy for spectating.

Lol. Is that the maximum number of "tips" you can get?

No big red "too many of one character" on there, so the team must have been crafty and mixed it up with Widow and Hanzo. Victory is assured.

On the same subject: I really wish the game would still pop up "No Support Heroes" when I'm picking Symmetra. Guys, I know that 25 points of Shield is nice and all, but we're probably gonna need an actual healer if we're going to win.

XenoRaven

Pretty sure the object of the game is to point your gun in the general direction of the enemy and fire it. If you're not interested in that, please play a different game, or at least be on the other team and not my team.

Fugu

When I'm Mercy should I be using my rez whenever I get it or wait for two or more dead teammates? I tend to wait but I find when multiple people die it's because I'm taking the walk of shame back to the fight.
You should revive one person if your team has the momentum and you need to stay strong for a team fight, or you have a reliable source of meter so you can get your revive back expediently. However, never revive a single player if they died while out of position because they'll probably just die again trying to get back to your team.

I take most double revives and I think every triple revive. Mercy gets meter really quickly and doesn't usually have much reason to question this kind of situation.

You should almost never take a revive - unless it's for three or more - if you think you will come out of the animation dead, however. This is just setting up your team for failure.

Moonlight

Banned
Pretty sure the object of the game is to point your gun in the general direction of the enemy and fire it. If you're not interested in that, please play a different game, or at least be on the other team and not my team.
It's actually to do that while standing on the god forsaken point.

Ramirez

I can't connect to battle net on Xbox, and for some reason it's re downloading the whole game on PS4 after I updated. What the fuck?

Pastry

Banned
I maintain that there is something fundamentally wrong with matchmaking in this game. It's either stomp or be stomped with streaks of winning and losing, nothing in between. It fucking blows.

Pilgrimzero

So

In playing Rhein and me and the team need to push into a defended position.

Shields up. I expect them to follow me in all nice and safe while they shoot the other team.

It's when I get to the center of the objective I realize I am alone.

You gotta be frickin kidding me.

Also if someone is playing Mercy and they stop upping your damage or healing you to shoot at the target while you do next to nothing. That means you have no idea how to play the game and need to rerun through the tutorial.

Blues1990

Zarya's ult is incredible--pretty much a guaranteed kill against anyone hit. It just takes so long to charge up...

And speaking of Zarya, I finally found a tank that can handle Mei. 'Tis glorious.

Funny enough, using the particle barrier (while being frozen by Mei's Endothermic Blaster) will free the player from the slowing effects of freezing. I'm unsure if this also works with Snowball creating a Blizzard, however.

Indignate

No big red "too many of one character" on there, so the team must have been crafty and mixed it up with Widow and Hanzo. Victory is assured.

On the same subject: I really wish the game would still pop up "No Support Heroes" when I'm picking Symmetra. Guys, I know that 25 points of Shield is nice and all, but we're probably gonna need an actual healer if we're going to win.

What you want is a "No Healers" pop up instead then cuz she's totally a support hero.

Apathy

Double mccree hit squad, yeah, you survive one stun, oh hers another. Fuck that. Can I please get some diminishing returns or something

R0ckman

Do pubs not read chat? On the Russia map I tell the team that I'll sneak around as Tracer, and when they all leave the choke point to defend the objective, to rush in. No response, I run over, check to see if no one is dead, the rush the point, most of the enemy team rush over to the point, my idiot team is at the choke point fighting their Rein, the only one who didn't run back to fight me.

JTripper

I've started to get pretty decent at Junkrat. Really love his mobility with his mine jumping.

Yeah, I'm completely against having his mine damage him. It would ruin his ability to reach vantage points. His grenades doing damage to himself are enough.

mikemandey

Level 46 right now. Currently have 9 legendaries, 5 epic skins, and another 1500 coins from loot boxes. I think I've used all of my luck from other games.

Reaper is incredible on a map that has a lot of verticality and narrow paths like Numbani. I think I always have 20+ eliminations on that map alone. Ambushing healers and snipers by teleporting and jumping from the higher platforms is so fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom