• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine struggled for a while and I kept pausing and un-pausing it. It got moving eventually but it took way longer than it should have.

loosing. Blizzard plz.

i'm one win away from beating my mei's win count. but man. stay sniping with mei defending hanamura first check point. it was some easy shit lol. especially with the weak widow and s76. actually the whole team was easy to snipe.

Spinifex

Had a D.Va get play of the game last night in Gibraltar on the last point. She was on attack, ulti'ed, everybody got out of line of sight, and our Reinhardt charged her mech into everybody.

Hilarious.

Satch

Banned
First match after patch. Solo, pub. GODDAMN D.VA TOO STRONK

입술을 꽉 깨물어
너의 두 눈이 스칠 때면
숨막히는 이끌림이 날 어지럽게 해
나 너만의 영원한 소녀 팬
Is 뭔들 모든 게 넌 is 뭔들 완벽해

ExVicis

I wish I could get better at Genji, myself. It's like I know in my head that "Hey, Bastion out? Grab a Genji to reflect his bullets and then slice him!" And I'm good at doing that... but that's about it. After that I tend to get creamed. Probably need to practice more with his mobility skills.
I'm more frustrated than anything, one Genji who is maybe practicing is fine, but two Genji who had no idea what they're doing is outright awful. That's where I get upset, I know I should let people learn but you can't have an entire team like that when the other team isn't going to be pulling their punches.

On the flip side I just saw a Bastion get what was basically the best PotG ever with what seemed to be 8 goddamn kills. God I wish I recorded it

Fonz72

Anybody having issues downloading the patch on PS4? It's starts the download and almost immediately gives me an error saying it can't download.

LiK

Hahaha, killed all 4 guys at the end as Junkrat and got the Payload to the end all by myself. Also it was POTG. Sweet

Fugu

Well, I completely obliterated my long-standing healing record as Mercy after about 300 games played as her, and in only two rounds too:

IyTH6Dl.jpg

EDIT: 27FPS in the menu T_T

vypek

Anybody having issues downloading the patch on PS4? It's starts the download and almost immediately gives me an error saying it can't download.

Happens to a lot of us. I had to keep pausing and un-pausing to get it to eventually work

Well, I completely obliterated my long-standing healing record as Mercy after about 300 games played as her, and in only two rounds too:

IyTH6Dl.jpg

EDIT: 27FPS in the menu T_T

Nice work, although if I were in that match, I wouldn't have been able to resist voting for the Roadhog. Perfect name and achievement pairing.

Apathy

The only bad part apart from the russian map and honzo hitboxes are the just plain useless people.

Had a Rein on the last section of route 66 want to dps more than put up a shield so we could get to the fucking payload while the other team had a sniper. Like literally useless

Maximo

My god even level 40s can still be pieces of shit, dude didn't like how the game was going so he called us all shit and started to feed on purpose...who the fuck acts that way.

Fugu

Nice work, although if I were in that match, I wouldn't have been able to resist voting for the Roadhog. Perfect name and achievement pairing.
This guy was honestly incredible. By far the best Roadhog I've ever seen. If it weren't for him we would have gotten bodied.

I mean, the fact that it was even a competitive game to begin with -- look at our team composition -- is quite remarkable.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
A good roadhog is so good at picking apart the opposite team. I'm still mediocre with him but when you get on a roll he's so much fun.

besada

Banned
Had an absolute blast with Junkrat and a buddy D.Va today. =D

We make a good flanking team whilst he complains about our teammates every two seconds. (Even when they're doing well)

I play Junkrat as a nuisance character mostly, with some Rein and sniper murdering mixed in. Dunno if that's the right way to play him but it's worked pretty well so far and my ratio is happily even. =)

Got the POTG intro with the unfortunate ricochet and it was played wonderfully where I killed myself and Mei with my own ultimate and then then blew up 3 others with my post-death bombs.

And as a final note to enemy Reinhardts everywhere: I'm sorry. Also please don't charge me because you will be trapped and kaboomed.

And to all friendly Reins: Love you bros. Keep up the good work.

Edit: Oh! Booby trapping the enemy doorway never gets old. Junky and Mei are officially Team Asshole. =D

Any other fellow Junkrats, please give your sage advice!
Notes of a Junkrat fiend, in no particular order:

Bouncing grenades under the platform is both fun and useful.
You can put your mine on walls and ceilings. On some levels (anything with a drop off), it's handy dandy for booby trapping zone entrances,
Genjis and Tracers are bait if you keep your cool. Mine 'em, throw a trap under 'em, empty clip. Keep calm and murder Tracers.
Your rip-tire can jump! And it can jump/climb up walls. Get unpredictable.
Any time there's a choke point, you should be filling it with grenades. Those tunnels and under bridges are nothing but kill boxes for you. Spam as fast as you can and watch for snipers.
Your mine is a powerful tool to control the position of other players. It's great for getting fast aggressive characters out of your face.

Blues1990

Started playing Mercy.

Giving attack boost to a camped bastion on defense feels so wrong yet so right

I did everything I could to play as Mercy, but it was one failure after another that I had to stop. I prefer Lucio for his versatility as a Support Hero, but I didn't have fun with that 90% of my job as Mercy involved bringing her team back up to full Health and even using her Ultimate to bring them back from the dead.

Durden77

I am so excited to be so fucking good with Winston now. I wanted to play him the second I saw him, and he was the first character I tried. At first I didn't know if he was for me, but over time once I understood how to play him I have become a monster with him. He's an incredible team player and can lead your team to victory with the right reactions.

jediyoshi

That feel when your team comp is not doing well, your team changes to counter, and you stomp the other team. Hnnnnng, so good.

The bummer is when you've been most effective up to that point and are also the one to change so that at the end of the game you don't get a card because your stats are divided between heroes. Plz notice me game.

I am so excited to be so fucking good with Winston now. I wanted to play him the second I saw him, and he was the first character I tried. At first I didn't know if he was for me, but over time once I understood how to play him I have become a monster with him. He's an incredible team player and can lead your team to victory with the right reactions.

Any tips? The few times I've played him it's been the same pattern of "Leap into the enemy ranks, maybe get lucky and take out one enemy before getting torn apart." I suppose it might be a matter of playing mostly pub games and not having my team realize that the moment when the big ape jumps in and starts causing a commotion is a good time to make your move, but maybe it's something I'm doing wrong on my end, too.

On defense earlier as Widow, I grappled straight up, scoped, and sniped someone while flying through the air.

Felt like the biggest badass tbh

When I'm Mercy should I be using my rez whenever I get it or wait for two or more dead teammates? I tend to wait but I find when multiple people die it's because I'm taking the walk of shame back to the fight.

Durden77

Any tips? The few times I've played him it's been the same pattern of "Leap into the enemy ranks, maybe get lucky and take out one enemy before getting torn apart." I suppose it might be a matter of playing mostly pub games and not having my team realize that the moment when the big ape jumps in and starts causing a commotion is a good time to make your move, but maybe it's something I'm doing wrong on my end, too.

Disrupt should be your primary objective, not kills. But you you should pick your battles on kills. Certain characters (junkrat, widowmaker, Lucio, Mercy, general support characters) can easily be melted by Winston's beam.

Leap, ALOT. There are certain times where you just may need to die, but his leap should get him in and out of most situations with enough time to grab some healing. Make offensive leaping strikes when your barrier is ready.

A good team definitely helps him out for sure though. You're primary goal should be making the enemy team say "FUCK WINSTON IS HERE" and then be gone and ready to strike again.

Also when you have your ultimate, wait until you are about to die in the thick of it to use it. It immediately buffs his health up to 900 and always catches them by surprise.

When I'm Mercy should I be using my rez whenever I get it or wait for two or more dead teammates? I tend to wait but I find when multiple people die it's because I'm taking the walk of shame back to the fight.

Depends. It charges hella fast, so if you can press an advantage or keep momentum up it's probably a good idea to use it. Or, if you think you can rez 3+. Otherwise I'd hold onto it a little longer.

That said, if you end up waiting more than a minute to use it you've probably waited too long.

R0ckman

I'm so damn tired of king of the hill matches where my team dominates the first round then goes full tard the next two, so, so, damn tired of it, why does this keep happening?

The enemy teams comp doesnt even change. Our teams start switching to Hanzo and Symmetra for the next rounds. Damn randoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom