• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a 5 kill PotG as Winston, which included a quadruple kill. Thank you Zarya and your glorious Graviton Surge and thank you Zenyatta and your glorious discord orbs.

Paz

Level 39, that is 39 loot boxes... Zero Legendaries.

shit and I thought my level 28 no legendaries run was bad, I'm so sorry :( The RNG system is legitimately fucked here.

THe pity timer is not that high, you might have gotten gold and not noticed it

Actually nobody has defined exactly how the pity timer works, pcgamesn retracted their 'every 25 crates' statement after numerous people like myself and villagebc told them how many levels it took us. Best guess right now is that each box increases the odds of a legendary but with no guarantee.

Blues1990

This seems like such a no brainer now.

I really look forward to skins being added in the future.

Watch as they give all the characters swimsuit outfits in a future update. Though I wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Hanzo wearing a speedo, and seeing some characters (specifically Genji and Reinhardt) would be interesting and hilarious to see them wearing swimwear on top of their armour.

Sorral

Started playing Mercy.

Giving attack boost to a camped bastion on defense feels so wrong yet so right

Funny I read your post after this:
QYg9Nn6.gif

Regiruler

Ranking for highlight intros are as follows:

1-3. All Zenyatta intros
4. My Reality
5-infinity everything else
beyond the nether: the widowmaker butt shot

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Anybody having issues downloading the patch on PS4? It's starts the download and almost immediately gives me an error saying it can't download.
I got an error that I didn't have enough free space even though I had 30gbs free. Deleted a game and it worked after that.

Zaventem

Lvl 50 box:

Jealous! I've noticed Two of my legendaries i own came from purchasing them from saving cash. I use to be disappointed in not getting any but i think it's better i get cash and get what i want instead of getting the dreaded zarya skin for their legendary like some people here.

What you want is a "No Healers" pop up instead then cuz she's totally a support hero.

Pretty much, yeah. Luckily I think people are cluing in more (I'm seeing a few more Mercys being picked even when I'm Sym), but so many pub game players are like, "Welp, that's the support all handled! Guess I'll pick my A+ Widowmaker instead and really make an impact!"

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Is this a glitch guys?

Fighting Roadhog of Ilios. He hooks me twice within 3 seconds. Yes 3 seconds between hooks and its not arcade mode. No other roadhogs in the game and no lag, it happened to my teammates too. Is this some melee cancel glitch that I don't know about?

Ranking for highlight intros are as follows:

1-3. All Zenyatta intros
4. My Reality
5-infinity everything else
beyond the nether: the widowmaker butt shot

Agreed on that one. I've gotten most of my POTGs with Symmetra, probably about six or so, and never get sick of seeing that one pop up.

But not as good as Pharah's Barrage.

I feel like the pub hate toward turrets is real. I've seen some votes where a turret has ridic stats, but they will still vote for the one losing team's card because it isn't a god damn turret.

Blizzard

Banned
Bad MMR literally ruined gaming for me.

Team games have become unplayable online unless youre searching with a full team.
I'm level 39 and I tried duoing with a friend who's level 6 or so. "It'll be fun!" I thought. "What could go wrong?" I thought.

We got matched against a level 86, a level 106, and a "level 5" sniper who was running around with a 19-kill streak doing autofire kills and snap snipes.

39 might have been the highest level on my team. :(

After what felt like decades of either not using my Pharah ult or wasting it on too few targets, I get two POTGs in a row with them. One of them was a round we lost, but the Zarya on that team kept setting me up with her graviton bomb and MAN is that ever satisfying to pull off three times in one match! We didn't even plan it that way, just on the same wavelength the whole match. Then the second match, two High Noon shutdowns. Take that, McCree!

I just realized the gaf discord would probably be 80% PC when I asked.

Anyway, any ps4 groups running atm that can squeeze someone in?

PSN: Gamer_at_Heart

Randoms are really

really

really

really bad right now

Start the match with no healer? Sure, run right up to the enemy spawn-_-

Losing Numbani defense? Sure, change from Reinhardt to a second Zen-_-

Moonlight

Banned
Highlight intros, the true ranking:

1. Transcendence (Zenyatta)
2. Frosty :) (Mei)
3. Lying Around (D.Va)
4. Whole Hog (Roadhog)
5. Serious Business (Tracer)

Apathy

No matter how much you hate Mei, her "yay" emote and her "sorry" voice lines just give that character so much personality that you have to love her

mbpm1

No matter how much you hate Mei, her "yay" emote and her "sorry" voice lines just give that character so much personality that you have to love her

Her best personality is when she freezes you and then lines up an ice cold point blank headshot while your frozen body watches helplessly

It is then that you know the true Mei

Durden77

Yeah, I think that's my main problem: I leap in and try to do as much damage as possible, and forget to leap out before the enemies take me down. A lot of my problem when I play Winston, and most of the tanks, is that I have to remind myself that "lots more health than the average character" doesn't mean "infinite health." But yeah, sounds like a lot of it comes down to timing, and knowing when to move in and when to pull out. Thanks for the info.

While on the subject: mad props to a Winston I played against tonight who actually managed to leap up and take down my Pharah in mid-air. Winston is usually prime rocket fodder (that bubble of his only takes a few hits before coming down) but damn if he didn't catch me by surprise with that one.

I was in that spot with Winston for a while too where you just feel like you can take all that damage and just fuck it. But those roles are reserved for Rynheart and Zarya (Zarya to a certian extent). Winston you have to use movement and disruption to survive and tank. Once that clicks, he's an incredible tank, just a different type of tank.

That's what makes this game so god damn glorious. Every character really does have a role, but every character's role really is unique.

This game is fucking awesome.

I was in that spot with Winston for a while too where you just feel like you can take all that damage and just fuck it. But those roles are reserved for Rynheart and Zarya (Zarya to a certian extent). Winston you have to use movement and disruption to survive and tank. Once that clicks, he's an incredible tank, just a different type of tank.

That's what makes this game so god damn glorious. Every character really does have a role, but every character's role really is unique.

This game is fucking awesome.

Yup. It feels really magical when a hero's role and playstyle clicks.

Love it.

Satch

Banned
After what felt like decades of either not using my Pharah ult or wasting it on too few targets, I get two POTGs in a row with them. One of them was a round we lost, but the Zarya on that team kept setting me up with her graviton bomb and MAN is that ever satisfying to pull off three times in one match! We didn't even plan it that way, just on the same wavelength the whole match. Then the second match, two High Noon shutdowns. Take that, McCree!

congrats!!!

Moonlight

Banned
What the fuck is up with people not voting Winston? This Lucio healed 8% team damage over the course of the entire game and the team commended him, meanwhile I was up there with most objective time and the play of the game (bumping most of the enemy team off the final platform of King's Row during overtime with Primal Rage) and literally no one votes for me.

I know it doesn't matter at all or whatever, but wtf. I don't get why people don't wanna vote for the dude.

If I could just remove Junkrat from this game, I might enjoy it a bit more. I will never, ever not even once respect blowing up on death as anything but a lazy, stupid design decision.

gatti-man

my lvl 50 box was a blue with 3 grays and 3 of them were dupes.

I have had 1 blue and 3 whites 5 out of my last six boxes. Only non pallet swap skin I've got is for widow maker and isn't good the noire one level 35. The rewards in this game are drip fed to the max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom