• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

Damn junk rat is so fun. I just stand in the back and spam nades into objective areas blowing dudes up. So satisfying trapping those fast heroes too

Frimaire

Is anybody else having disconnect issues right now?
The game has worked fine for me since launch, but now I'm suddenly having problems.
I can get into a game but after about a minute I get kicked back to the main menu telling me to log in to battle.net again...

spiritfox

I love spinning around the pillar at the capture points in KoTH maps as Lucio. Especially if I'm the last one alive trying to desparately contest the point while the rest of the team runs back.

Satch

Banned
yvLhb9P.png

PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png

RAMYEON NEON IS MWONDEUL

IM DOING IT
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png

npanciroli

Neo Member
I feel like I've gotten to a level where there is so many good widowmakers all I want to do is main Winston permanently. She can single handedly ruin my enjoyment in matches.

Xamdou

Is anybody else having disconnect issues right now?
The game has worked fine for me since launch, but now I'm suddenly having problems.
I can get into a game but after about a minute I get kicked back to the main menu telling me to log in to battle.net again...

Yeah been happening to me a lot recently, very annoying.

eek5

Only thing I dislike about junkrat is his steel trap.

But that alone makes me hate him.

You only get one at a time, it's not an insta-kill or even guaranteed kill unless you dedicated both of your abilities to it or camp it, it can be destroyed or avoided completely. Feels pretty fair to me compared to the other bullshit in this game lol

His super is ridiculous as well. I find it very annoying that POTG is almost always high noon or junkrat spam. Both take zero skill to pull off.

I've found the longer I play the less useful I see ultimates like Barrage, High Noon or Self-Destruct do anything and the harder it is for myself to pull them off as people become aware of their limitations.

But Riptire and Deathblossom still shred teams, mostly because of the huge up front sudden damage they cause. You can theorhetically prevent them but both abilities give you so little time to react before you're dead that they come off as OP and frustrating.

According to my stats page I've spent over 50% of my time playing as Mercy. I like Mercy and all, but I think that most of the time I just pick her because nobody else chooses a support, and I want to win and feel like I never win when we don't have a support.

I should start being more selfish.

Moonlight

Banned
Volskaya's point B is ridiculous as defense. We lost point A almost immediately and managed to hang out without too much difficulty for the whole near 10 minutes.

Sorral

A 24 Eliminations and no deaths Genji run on KOTH Nepal. It was really fun.

KOTH mode is GOAT in this game.

If I could just remove Junkrat from this game, I might enjoy it a bit more. I will never, ever not even once respect blowing up on death as anything but a lazy, stupid design decision.

I'd rather they look at the instant tracking on Turrets that's faster than what you see on the damn screen instead.

Junkrat's blowing up upon death is meh once you memorize it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You only get one at a time, it's not an insta-kill or even guaranteed kill unless you dedicated both of your abilities to it or camp it, it can be destroyed or avoided completely. Feels pretty fair to me compared to the other bullshit in this game lol

I know. It's entirely irrational. But still, nothing gets me more "oh goddamnit" than his steel trap.

Moonlight

Banned
Oh, maybe their team was just bad. We took point A just as quick and managed to take point B in a couple more minutes. Snapped up a nice PotG with a longshot self-destruct catapult, too.

as usual i credit myself for this win

Moonlight

Banned
Any tip for the Winston hit every enemy member during your ultimate achievement?
Pair up with a Zarya, go ham. If no one can do that for you, hope that the enemy team is full of immobile heroes and hit them all during the final push a couple meters from the Payload. Another good area is the hut in Lijiang Assault.

Unicorn

Been playing D.va tonight and she's pretty awesome. I didn't realize her dash does damage, nor that I could also use my bullet blocker simultaneously. Been challenging low level reinhardts and harassing like a mofo.

gnexus

A pug I was in just crushed a team 100-0/100-0 in KOTH on Nepal, and the entire team left immediately after it was over. Feels good... and sort of felt bad.

Majine

Banned
I saw a popular post on reddit of how motorbikes outside your house would put you on edge and look around for the incoming tire.

Sorta same principle whenever a japanese guy is yelling at me.

peakish

I've found the longer I play the less useful I see ultimates like Barrage, High Noon or Self-Destruct do anything and the harder it is for myself to pull them off as people become aware of their limitations.

But Riptire and Deathblossom still shred teams, mostly because of the huge up front sudden damage they cause. You can theorhetically prevent them but both abilities give you so little time to react before you're dead that they come off as OP and frustrating.
Deathblossom still is deadly, but I haven't seen Riptire being very efficient at all in the last 100-or-so games. It generally gets taken out or the team manages to spread out before impact. Can't remember seeing a Junkrat POTG in a long time, Barrages are way more common to me.

I think I'm at the player skill level where people are good enough to spread out from or shoot dangerous things, but not yet skilled enough to level up their ultimate skills to be more stealthy and efficient with them, coming from weird angles etc.

Edit: This (and with this skin) is probably the best highlight intro of the game.

It's funny how my opinions on who my favorite characters are change so rapidly. After my first ten or so hours with the game, I thought my favorites in each category were Pharah, Mei, Reinhardt, and Lucio. Now at twenty hours, my favorites are Tracer, Junkrat, Winston, and Symmetra. The niche I seem to fill the best is solo disruption while my team advances on an objective - once I've gotten the hang of zipping around as Tracer she's definitely my favorite on offense. And Winston is the most fun tank because you get to jump in and make everybody flee for the hills.

I still like pretty much every character. I haven't quite gotten the hang of Genji or McCree yet, they're probably my least used. I finally had a good game as Hanzo, though, although if I'm going to snipe I still think I prefer Widowmaker with her assault rifle backup. A few times I've caught people offguard by jumping into the thick of things and using the assault rifle instead of standing back and sniping and it's helped my team clear out an objective.

Ranking for highlight intros are as follows:

1-3. All Zenyatta intros
4. My Reality
5-infinity everything else
beyond the nether: the widowmaker butt shot

Mei's Frosty :) and Going Up are my personal favorites. I also like Symmetra's Askew.

Moonlight

Banned
Been playing D.va tonight and she's pretty awesome. I didn't realize her dash does damage, nor that I could also use my bullet blocker simultaneously. Been challenging low level reinhardts and harassing like a mofo.
Dash + Defense Matrix is what makes D.Va worthwhile as a disruptor tbh. Definitely fun opening up Reinhardts, too. Can sneak through their shield and tack on a bunch of damage. They turn around to try to block you and the rest of your team gets their turn.

Durden77

Maybe it's my fighting game heritage, but I really wish people would leave this game alone on the balance side for a while. It feels so well balanced for me. Or at least balanced enough to where it should settle for a few months before making any nerf/buff decisions.

Macree seems fine to me. If you look out for him and avoid his stun, he's dead after his roll.

D.VA doesn't seem like she needs buffs, she's fantastic at suppression which seems to be her main goal.

Stop yelling at Blizzard. Let it happen for a while. This game is exceptionally well balanced at release.

Moonlight

Banned
Macree seems fine to me. If you look out for him and avoid his stun, he's dead after his roll.

D.VA doesn't seem like she needs buffs, she's fantastic at suppression which seems to be her main goal.
It's cool that McCree 'seems fine to you' but Blizzard has already conceded that McCree's damage output is too overtuned and his problem isn't his stun anyways. It's being able to open up tanks and melt them in three seconds when his intended purpose is a check and balance against high mobility flankers like Tracer and Genji.

At a competitive level, D.Va is situationally better than Winston in a handful of situations and a whole lot worse in most others. Her damage up-close and her fall off is extremely aggressive and doesn't match up with her problems being focused down. Which Blizzard has also conceded. The reason why all anyone can seem to talk about regarding patches are McCree nerfs and D.Va buffs are because they're in the works.

Fuck off Lucio. One more hour and he won't be my most played character anymore. Heal your own damn selves.
I feel like this too sometimes. More hours as Lúcio than anyone else, and I don't even love him. He can definitely be fun, but I frequently feel like I *have* to play him unless I'm on a full team of GAFfers. Alternating playing the healer definitely helps.

kubricks

If I could just remove Junkrat from this game, I might enjoy it a bit more. I will never, ever not even once respect blowing up on death as anything but a lazy, stupid design decision.

Why?

His ultimate has a long and LOUD start up, it was very effective on the first few days, now everyone is aware of it making it much less effective. Not to mention you can shot to blow up the wheel... and it doesn't have much hp.

He needs a good ultimate anyway due to his low direct damage output?

Moonlight

Banned
It's been a while since I've been killed by a Rip Tire, honestly. It's like a ryuu ga waga or self-destruct. They have very clear counterplay and most Junkrats aren't really smart about how to approach enemy teams with them.

Dalek

Awful games for me left and right. I was wishing for personal tragedy to occur to the people I played against tonight. They really pissed me off. Couldn't get one turret up without someone destroying it in 10 seconds.

Ken

Hit level 81 and finally got 50 unlocks for the only character that matters.

My total unlocks so far: Orange = 12, Purple = 23, Blue = 52
Everything was free.

Master Overwatch stats:

I'm so good with D.Va now that I can use her for any non-healer role, and the only character capable of countering me is Zarya.

D.va isn't your waifu unless you're #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom