• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatjuhR

Awww, I like Anubis. The last point is a lot of fun to take/defend with a coordinated team.

I like it aswell.

It also baffles me that so little ammount of people use the room on the left side for the attackers. You can always find me there. Attacking or defending.

Manoko

Does someone have a spare Hearthstone cardback code for me? Maybe someone who doesn't play it.

That would be AWESOME! ;-)

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way as far as I know.
Every reward is tied to the account you register your Origin edition on.

Sorral

Never give up no matter how badly your team was doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM56VRaNgNo

Yeah I'm tooting my own horn but we pulled this shit off as a team.

That was great. I love moments like these. Many times, the enemy team loses their shit and can't get it back once something like that happens at the last moment of the game or a payload checkpoint.

Genji...I am right up his nose a lot of time.
I don't die always but a lot of time I find myself being defeated purely due to tick rate because even if I know it's going to happen and keep it in mind and as such try to move away the server doesn't updates my position until it's too late.

Two nades from Junkrat are enough to kill a Genji, which is why I stopped going up his face especially since he can finish you off with the mine by throwing it in front of you in the air. I reflect 1-2 nades and then finish him off with Shurikens/dash.

PatjuhR

PS4 and Xbox version I think comes with a code

If this is true I may have a code for the person who asked.

I got two little papers with it where I haven't bothered to look at. But I still got them laying on the ground of my room lol. I'll look for you when I get home.

dk_

If this is true I may have a code for the person who asked.

I got two little papers with it where I haven't bothered to look at. But I still got them laying on the ground of my room lol. I'll look for you when I get home.

WOW awesome dude. I tend to collect as many cardbacks as possible in Hearthstone. That would be insane!

Cade

Awww, I like Anubis. The last point is a lot of fun to take/defend with a coordinated team.

This is usually the issue as most of my team is usually just randoms. But even with a full six-man squad it's annoying just because you respawn so fast and walk right out the door and get your shit set up again.

Mupod

we won an Anubis attack because my friend successfully infiltrated their base on a sneaking mission as Symmetra and dropped a teleporter down. And also because I teamwiped them with Zarya but I would've had 60 hp afterwards.

LiK

I don't like solo anymore. I need to play with a group even if it's just one or two guys. I do better when I'm helping a buddy and I enjoy listening to people bullshitting in Party Chat. Solo was fun in the beginning but I'm beyond dealing with solo dummies.

I don't like solo anymore. I need to play with a group even if it's just one or two guys. I do better when I'm helping a buddy and I enjoy listening to people bullshitting in Party Chat. Solo was fun in the beginning but I'm beyond dealing with solo dummies.

How did you manage to survive this long?

Had a GAF game last night where we just absolutely stuffed a team. I mean, 90 second match type of brutality.

So, of course, we get matched with a beast team. But this is MM working because every game we played against them while I was there was a back-and-forth. Basically, whoever was on defense would win. We almost lost a point but Symmetra's teleporter got us feet away from it after a near teamwipe.

TL;DR: Playing with groups with mics is awesome. Matchmaking is frustrating but works. Teleporters are the unsung GOATs of this game.

derp there goes my one helpful post of the day this late.

For S76 just play peek games and don't die lol. If you cant kill him just move him out of your LoS with kinetic. They also usually get scared if you manage to land a direct on them first, win most 1v1s if I get first shot.

Yep, there's something to be said about the psychological effect of flying those rockets down from up high, especially when they don't see it coming. Most enemies with hitscan weapons don't seem to realize that if they just calmly lined up a shot on my Pharah, they could probably take me down before I can knock off their last bit of health. But having a good portion of their health blown away all at once, and especially when they have to divide their attention between me up in the sky and an enemy on the ground right in front of them, triggers most enemies to run for cover to heal up. And that's exactly what I want you to try and do.

Guys, I'm incredibly indecisive and I need help choosing a legendary skin to buy.

-Zen
Ra
Sunyatta

-Mercy
Valkyrie

-D.Va
Junker
Scavenger

-Junkrat
Hayseed

I think my most played character is Mercy but it's mostly because no one ever goes heals. My favorite character is Zenyatta but I enjoy playing all of the characters listed.

I've been trying to decide on a skin for the last 3 days.

😐

Shit happens sometimes. That doesn't mean avoid using him. Just use him sensibly. If my shield's about to break, you shouldn't be behind it. If I see an opportunity to take out a big player, you should already have some idea of where you need to go once the shield drops.

It's not about trust so much as it is about sensibly using the cover that exists. Reinhardt is walking cover you can fire through. Any team not using him is just hurting themselves.

Oh I agree. Maybe my comment was a bit salty from a few matches behind a Reinhardt that would behave as if he was about to shield and then just drop it or run away once people got setup.

I'm getting to the point after 33 hours where I want to settle in and play with just 2-3 characters max. I've played at least an hour with most characters and have narrowed my choices down to Widowmaker, Roadhog and Bastion.

Widowmaker for turret, Bastion and anti-sniper control.

Roadhog because he can heal himself when there are no healers and does pretty good damage. Great room clearing super.

Bastion because he does so much freaking damage not even talking about Turret mode. He can heal himself which is again important when there are no healers and in turret mode he can hold down the final point in payload like a G.

Every other character is going to have to sit on the sidelines.

Hyun Sai

My W/L is now exactly 50%

Magneto-perfection.gif

Mupod

So Im trying to figure out why all the heroes are fighting each other but cant find any answear in the story... Anyone?

Look at it this way - it's a comic book world. In comics, you get unlikely hero/villain teamups and heroes fight one another all the time. At least that's how it makes sense in my head.

Alternatively, it's all one big evil experiment with clones made by Mercy. How do you think everyone keeps reviving after death?

Zarya's shields negate all damage while they're up, right?

They will block 200 damage, or all damage if it's a single hit over 200. For example it will save you from a Junkrat tire or D-Va mech explosion, but the shield will go down.

TaterTots

Banned
we won an Anubis attack because my friend successfully infiltrated their base on a sneaking mission as Symmetra and dropped a teleporter down. And also because I teamwiped them with Zarya but I would've had 60 hp afterwards.

More people need to play Symmetra for offense. I drop tele's close to points or behind them all the time and it helps a ton.

Yeah, not only that, but attacking her makes her stronger.

Thanks. Yeah, I know attacking her makes her stronger, but I wasn't sure if she was fully invincible during it. I thought I'd been hit a few times when I had it up, but I can never tell when it's turned off. She's definitely one of my favourite heroes along with Zenyatta and Widowmaker though.

Oh, and that makes sense about the 200 damage thing, because I blocked D-Va's ultimate, but got took out when trying to block Pharah's.

Zomba13

Good news: I get a legendary skin!
Bad news: It's Zarya's shitty ugly stupid goth skin.

C'mon game! You know I like Zarya, why give me the worst skin in the game for her? Why not the Siberian one?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Well my issue from beta is back, the game will be running 100% perfectly, no frame drops at all, no stutter and then boom, out of nowhere it will start to constantly hitch and become unplayable. I have tested all my hardware with Prime95, Heaven, Memtest64 and HD Tune and I passed extensive tests on all of them, my temps are fine and I've fully formatted Windows with no luck. I'm absolutely stumped.

I still don't have a problem solo queueing, experience has been pretty good so far.

Same here. People that I find unpleasant I just block and move on to the next one. I'm also not caught up on getting pissed with what characters people want to play, how well/poorly people are playing, etc. This isn't competitive mode. Some people are at different skill levels and you can't win every match regardless.

Who wants to guess what the weekly brawl is going to be this week? I'm hoping it's the mystery hero one.

Is that the one where you get a different character after each death? I didn't play during the beta, but I heard about that mode at the time and now that I've been playing, that sounds like it could be some chaotic fun. Definitely hoping that that one comes back soon.

Pretty sure the object of the game is to point your gun in the general direction of the enemy and fire it. If you're not interested in that, please play a different game, or at least be on the other team and not my team.

This annoys me. The point of the game is not to get kills, it's to defend or attack a point.

There are wayy too many players who use widow, Hanzo, junket, soldier, bastion, Mei, etc that sit away from the point and never contest it on defense or cap it as a group on offense.

As someone who likes tanks its really frustrating because it feels like I have to contest solo while every one else watches from a mile away as the cart moves along.

jotun?

Zarya's shields negate all damage while they're up, right?

It blocks 200 damage, as well as all negative status effects and knockback while up. Bastion can tear it down in an instant

I think it also prevents any damage from spilling over when it breaks, so if it's at 50 left and you get hit for 300 it will break the barrier but not allow the extra 250 through. Not 100% sure about that though

Huh? Aren't there three maps each game?

I really hope that wasn't a slight towards me, suggesting I'm too culturally unaware to tell the difference between Japan and fucking Nepal.

What? Three maps?

There's one map that you play for two games in most game modes. If you're playing anything but CP, then you'll play the map once as attackers and once as defenders. If you're playing CP, you'll play two-three different parts of the same map. The Japanese map is not a CP.

Well my issue from beta is back, the game will be running 100% perfectly, no frame drops at all, no stutter and then boom, out of nowhere it will start to constantly hitch and become unplayable. I have tested all my hardware with Prime95, Heaven, Memtest64 and HD Tune and I passed extensive tests on all of them, my temps are fine and I've fully formatted Windows with no luck. I'm absolutely stumped.

Are you hitting hitting a VRAM limit?

Mendrox

Any Mercy bros in here?

Support > Everything else

And I hate healers in MMORPGs. But healers in this game are another world. Love me some Mercy GILF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom