• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRaider81

This annoys me. The point of the game is not to get kills, it's to defend or attack a point.

There are wayy too many players who use widow, Hanzo, junket, soldier, bastion, Mei, etc that sit away from the point and never contest it on defense or cap it as a group on offense.

As someone who likes tanks its really frustrating because it feels like I have to contest solo while every one else watches from a mile away as the cart moves along.

Last night i had Most objective time in my team for moving the payload as Mercy. Was playing her to help the team but didn't expect to be doing it that way!

So many people just want to sit back and rack up "kills".

Hyun Sai

They should just take hero stacking out all together. Problem solved.

I would be all for it, I just don't know if the playerbase would be ok with it. Many MP games do these kind of tests and add them definitely if the players follow.

I would definitely play exclusively a no hero stacking game mode.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Are you hitting hitting a VRAM limit?

Nah, not even using 1.5GB. It started again after one of those mini patches, I'm reading on the forum that a lot of people are getting the same thing. I really can't play like this so I guess that's Overwatch done for me until they fix it.

Kusagari

Man, I am so sick of getting horrible Widowmaker's on attack maps. They can't snipe for shit and also just sit back so it's basically like you're down a team member the entire match.

Nyx

This annoys me. The point of the game is not to get kills, it's to defend or attack a point.

There are wayy too many players who use widow, Hanzo, junket, soldier, bastion, Mei, etc that sit away from the point and never contest it on defense or cap it as a group on offense.

As someone who likes tanks its really frustrating because it feels like I have to contest solo while every one else watches from a mile away as the cart moves along.

I usually see it after dieing on or near the point, in spectator mode it always shows a teammate doing exactly that.

Even when it's overtime they refuse to take a few steps forward and touch the point for a reset, but rather stay there shooting, hoping for one last kill before the DEFEAT screen....
I wonder though if most people do this cause they don't care, or just don't know how it works.

Moff

Any Mercy bros in here?

Support > Everything else

And I hate healers in MMORPGs. But healers in this game are another world. Love me some Mercy GILF.

I agree, I never liked playing healers in MMO's, I am not goot at it

but I'm a decent mercy, I get legendary votes, if those mean anything

I just picked her because it seemed to be a good way to learn the game with a healer that sticks to his teammates.

but I completely fell in love with her, flying around in the heat of battle, find a good position to heal is just so much fun, you feel super valuable to the team and she has the most powerful ultimate in the game.

I wish she'd get another ability though

Kawngi

Getting far too many games now where nobody will go support or tank :/

I always end up going Lucio in those situations to try and help but I unintentionally have more hours played on Lucio than anyone else because nobody wants to do it :(

Interfectum

I always end up going Lucio in those situations to try and help but I unintentionally have more hours played on Lucio than anyone else because nobody wants to do it :(

Seems like a lot of people just auto pick Reaper, S76, Genji and McCree regardless of what anyone else is doing.

I'm not good with any of the offense heroes because I'm always stuck going support or tank.

Had a guy come in late near the picking phase last night. I was currently on Junkrat debating who to switch to because we had no support or tank. I was waiting to see who he was going to pick. Fucker selected Tracer. lol wtf

Hex

Banned
One thing I have learned to do is keep a notepad open, and after a game if someone was extra shitty I will go into the list of recent players and set them on stay away from so that I do not end up with them in a group again.
I figure sooner or later it will filter out nicely

Mupod

I occasionally get super frustrated with this and just pick S76 out of protest.

The last time it happened I ended up winning us the match because nobody from either team would go near the objective and I just stood there by myself capturing it...

Any Mercy bros in here?

Support > Everything else

And I hate healers in MMORPGs. But healers in this game are another world. Love me some Mercy GILF.

I roll Mercy a lot when I want a more relaxed game lol. Just flying around, healing my bros, getting some quick shots in.

I used Pharah first but I'm not the best with her. It's slightly infuriating. I'm surprisingly good with Mei, especially on defense. Ice wall and the other ability is so good for survivability, breaking up teams, and just trolling the payload in general.

MonsieurPaul

Neo Member

As long as the POTG will be about some multi kills with Torbjörn/Bastion/Hanzo/Junkrat... POTG is a cool feature in theory but in practice it promotes the CoD mentality IMHO. Blizzard should focus on the medals system which seems more objective oriented.

Brandwin

So the currency you earn is just to buy other goodies like Skins/Sprays/Voicelines? No reason to save up unless there is a certain one of those I want?

Seaguls Cyberbulling video title really describes Genji's playstyle quite well. I go in, I kill one or two easy matchups like Torbjorn, and Bastion, then I rush to their spawn and kill them over and over. If supports go down, I intercept them as they respawn back in.

I've started using taunts and stickers to annoy my opponents in order to encourage them to pursue me (thereby neglecting the objective) too. It's not uncommon for me bullying them at their respawn to result in a good 4 or more of them running around after me, while squishies like Mercy often refuse to leave their spawn alone for fear of being killed on the way out.

Works on defense too. Previously I never played Genji on defense, but if you make it your job to harass them near spawn, keep an eye on the scoreboard in order to determine whose dead on their team, and intercept those targets, it makes it lot easier.

After a couple of deaths they start switching character. In pubs, that's usually a sign that they've lost the game. Once you've convinced their only support to switch out in order to combat you, you've already won.

Some kind of incentive would be cool. I'm sick of playing Lucio because no one else will.

You don't have to. There are health pots small and large in key areas around every map.

You don't actually need a healer, despite that one guy spamming the voice line for who won't change to one him/herself.

That said, Lucio is just a badass character in every single aspect except his visual design. God, they really phoned in the lameness on him.

rngesus smiled on my ya'll. opened 2 loot boxes back to back, first one had carbon fiber genji then i got blackhardt reinhardt in the next one. the struggle is over.

Don't feel forced to play a role because of your team. Play what you want.
It's unranked soloQ after all, the games are just for fun.

mbpm1

You don't have to. There are health pots small and large in key areas around every map.

You don't actually need a healer, despite that one guy spamming the voice line for who won't change to one him/herself.

That said, Lucio is just a badass character in every single aspect except his visual design. God, they really phoned in the lameness on him.

Usually if you fight a good team, you do though.

BUt if nobody is willing to pick a support first then you're not with good team members anyway and are probably going to lose.

Nyx

I'm making mistakes in every game, really need to stop doing stuff like:

- Pressing the Ult button in panic, when I'm about to die to 3-4-5 enemies...

- Not reloading, after which I go 1 to 1 with somebody, press the fire button and see my hero reloading while getting killed.

- As Lucio, pop the speedboost at the start and enter the point first, dieing miserably as the rest of my team arrives.

- Forgetting Lucio has an alt fire.

What are some of your mistakes you seem to be making more than others GAF?

Interfectum

Roadhog reload.

More times than I'd like to admit I've hooked someone while having an empty shotgun. I reload in from of them like an idiot while they blast me to hell. I'm usually good with reloading too, I dunno what it is about Roadhog that fucks me up like that.

suzu

- Not reloading, after which I go 1 to 1 with somebody, press the fire button and see my hero reloading while getting killed.

- As Lucio, pop the speedboost at the start and enter the point first, dieing miserably as the rest of my team arrives.

Forgetting that Junkrat drops grenades when he dies, even though I have like 4 hours playtime as him. lol

Nyx

Roadhog reload.

More times than I'd like to admit I've hooked someone while having an empty shotgun. I reload in from of them like an idiot while they blast me to hell. I'm usually good with reloading too, I dunno what it is about Roadhog that fucks me up like that.

Happened to me several times as well!

Also just remembered using the flash bang to stun another McCree, then pressing roll instead of the six shot button, losing my sense of surroundings for a moment and then dieing to his bullets while the player probably was laughing hard.

When you are getting golds for objective time and objective kills on a regular basis with Tracer you know your team isnt trying very hard to get on the objective.

PatjuhR

I'm only level 35 so far but I finally got my first legendary, a reaper skin. Its actually pretty nice even though I don't play him much.

Damn I really have a hard time believing this. Normally I have such bad luck with these things, but with these game I seem really lucky. Lvl 35 and only your first one? Damn.

I think I got around 7 or something. I've even lost count. And I'm lvl 35 aswell.

One thing I have learned to do is keep a notepad open, and after a game if someone was extra shitty I will go into the list of recent players and set them on stay away from so that I do not end up with them in a group again.
I figure sooner or later it will filter out nicely

Shitty player or shitty attitude? Only one of these is ok.

Damn I really have a hard time believing this. Normally I have such bad luck with these things, but with these game I seem really lucky. Lvl 35 and only your first one? Damn.

I think I got around 7 or something. I've even lost count. And I'm lvl 35 aswell.

Got my 3rd at level 55. That's nuts. Bought one and have enough for another though

Penalties for leaving gams early:

We've seen similar questions about how the leaver penalty currently works in Quick Play (both here and on social media), so here’s a bit more information:

If you leave too many games and your “games played” vs “games completed” percentage falls below our required threshold, you will receive a warning message (this percentage is calculated based on your 20 most recent games).

If you continue to leave games after receiving a warning (which will display in the lower left-hand corner of your screen), you will incur a 75% EXP penalty on all future games.

The penalty isn’t time-based, but instead will be removed once you complete enough games to raise your “games played” vs “games completed” percentage above our required threshold (again, this percentage is calculated based on your 20 most recent games).

If you disconnect or are removed due to inactivity from a game, it will count the same as if you leave the game intentionally.

If you leave a game before the “Assemble Your Team” phase is over (i.e. before you enter your starting spawn rooms):
It won’t count as a game played
You will not be considered a “leaver” in this scenario

If you leave a game after the match ends (i.e. after you see the VICTORY/DEFEAT screen):
It will count as a game played—and if your team won, it will count as a win
You will not be considered a “leaver” in this scenario

If you leave a game after the “Assemble Your Team” phase is over, but before the match ends:
It will count as a game played
You will be considered a “leaver” in this scenario

Hopefully that helps! If you see the game behaving in a way that's different from what's listed above, be sure to let us know by posting in the Bug Report forum.
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745234477?page=1

I love hearing stuff like that in chat. I am supremely adequate at this game, and someone last night went out of their way to compliment my Mei play, it was very nice to hear. I think I was pretty much the reason we won the map, as the freezebomb team kill on the objective was followed by a wall off that prevented them from keeping the overtime going.

Long story short, totally compliment people when they do something awesome, pay it forward.

Older post (and by that I mean yesterday afternoon lol) but I second this. I've had a bunch of good experiences in games lately and it's that much better when everyone takes the time to congratulate/compliment each other at the end of a round. It's great how infectious it can be as long as the other team doesn't feel like they got steamrolled. Bonus: anyone else who appreciates your kind words (or sends you any in return) is probably the kind of person you want to play with. Make friends!

GOOD healers almost always get the votes at the end so that is extra xp.

I don't think the votes play into XP at all. Every time I've watched the XP count at the end of the match, cards or votes never seem to enter into it. Medals do, but only your highest one (i.e. you don't get XP for every medal, and you don't get XP for each of your four golds, just once).

Using the speed boost at the start affects your entire team, so if you're all heading the same way you should arrive at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom